Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 135

Thread: you know it's too hot when

  1. #1
    Somebody Guest

    Default you know it's too hot when

    you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    hand. To almost 90 degrees.



  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 1:28*pm, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    > you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    > hand. *To almost 90 degrees.


    Badda Bing...Badda Bomb!

  3. #3
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On 2012-07-06, Somebody <[email protected]> wrote:
    > you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    > hand. To almost 90 degrees.


    That's nuts!


    --
    vi --the heart of evil!



  4. #4
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On 2012-07-06, Somebody <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in
    >> your
    >> hand. To almost 90 degrees.

    >
    > That's nuts!


    yup, almonds!

    I put it in the fridge.



  5. #5
    A Moose in Love Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 4:28*pm, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    > you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    > hand. *To almost 90 degrees.


    Especially if it's 90 degrees outside. Man I'm funny.
    Here the temp is 36 = 36 * 9 / 5 + 32 = 96.8. Far too hot.
    I just viewed the tube, and Illinois corn farmers are in trouble.
    Their corn looks disgusting. No real rain since April 14.

  6. #6
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    "A Moose in Love" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:7366a08d-29f6-4aa9-8c3a-

    > No real rain since April 14.

    ----

    What about in Farmville?



  7. #7
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 2:01*pm, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    > "notbob" <not...@nothome.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]..
    >
    > > On 2012-07-06, Somebody <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    > >> you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in
    > >> your
    > >> hand. *To almost 90 degrees.

    >
    > > That's nuts!

    >
    > yup, almonds!
    >
    > I put it in the fridge.


    Did you Google it first?

  8. #8
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 16:28:15 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    >hand. To almost 90 degrees.
    >


    Summer is not chocolate season. A number of years ago my Christmas
    Candy making buddy wanted to make some candy for a summertime picnic,
    so we did but I kept telling him it was a mistake.

    He found out! :-(

    John Kuthe...

  9. #9
    Zz Yzx Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 16:28:15 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    >hand. To almost 90 degrees.
    >


    I live in the Central Valley in CA. It gets f'n HOT here a lot. Not
    as hot as AZ or NM, but HOT. And dry, usually. 110 deg and 5% - 10%
    humidity is common in summer. That's why we say "It's a dry f'n
    heat".

    You know it's too hot when:

    1. The asphalt street is squishy.
    2. If out working, you have to keep your tools in a bucket of water or
    else you can't touch them.
    3. You start work at 4:30 am and quit by 2:00 pm.
    4. Tomatoes stop setting fruit
    5. Your dog dies
    6. Your AC runs 24 hrs straight
    7. You have to run the AC in your car for 10-15 mins before you can
    sit in the drivers' seat (the sniglet "gromax" comes to mind)
    8. You take 3 showers per day
    9. Hot food seems inedible
    10. The windsheilds on both your cars crack

    Been there..... drank that....

  10. #10
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 3:28*pm, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    >
    > you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    > hand. *To almost 90 degrees.
    >
    >

    Boo-hoo. It was 104 here today.


  11. #11
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    "Theodore Edward Stosterone" <[email protected]> somewhat cogently
    wrote in message

    > Go...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMJYQ9LKGQ



  12. #12
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On 2012-07-07, Zz Yzx <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > I live in the Central Valley in CA. It gets f'n HOT here a lot. Not
    > as hot as AZ or NM, but HOT. And dry, usually. 110 deg and 5% - 10%
    > humidity is common in summer. That's why we say "It's a dry f'n
    > heat".
    >
    > You know it's too hot when:


    It hit 105+ F every day for 5 days, 2nd wk of Apr. (Sacto '71)

    Hadda sleep outside cuz it was 102F indoors at 2 am. (Sacto, later
    that same yr).

    Yeah ...it gets hot!


    nb

    --
    vi --the heart of evil!



  13. #13
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 5:04*pm, A Moose in Love <parkstreetboo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Especially if it's 90 degrees outside. *Man I'm funny.
    > Here the temp is 36 = 36 * 9 / 5 + 32 = 96.8. *Far too hot.
    > I just viewed the tube, and Illinois corn *farmers are in trouble.
    > Their corn looks disgusting. *No real rain since April 14.



    Every year it's the same thing. Sure, some records fall every
    year - this year a lot of them - but every year it's the same thing
    whether it's winter or summer, people talking about how cold or hot it
    is, as if it's a way-out phenomenon new to earth.

    The world is like a globe. Well, actually, they call it one.
    But I mean it's like one of those glass snow globes where you shake it
    up and snow falls. While there is deadly drought in some spots of the
    world, other spots are inundated with deadly water. It's like a
    cyclical phenomenon that never ends. Every bit of water that is used
    is evaporated into the sky and comes down again at some point. The
    funniest of all is when people suffering one sort of weather disaster
    begin praying for it to end, and when it ends the complete opposite
    comes roaring in to take it's place. Oh God, this draught is killing
    us, please make it go away. Ok people, you got it - and bingo, here
    comes the flood. Gotta love it. It's 100 here today and I have never
    owned an air conditioner in my life. I'm proud of it. Sure, it's
    brutal at the moment, but it will pass - and when the temperature goes
    down into the 80s the feeling in this room with only a cheap box fan
    in the window will be far superior to anything any air conditioner can
    produce. A lot of people turn on their air because it's hot out, then
    leave it on till it gets cold. Then they run the heat. They talk
    about the climate wherever they go but they never even experience it.

    TJ

  14. #14
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    "Tommy Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    On Jul 6, 5:04 pm, A Moose in Love <parkstreetboo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Especially if it's 90 degrees outside. Man I'm funny.
    > Here the temp is 36 = 36 * 9 / 5 + 32 = 96.8. Far too hot.
    > I just viewed the tube, and Illinois corn farmers are in trouble.
    > Their corn looks disgusting. No real rain since April 14.



    Every year it's the same thing.
    ---

    Usually, the record highs and record lows are in a roughly 1:1 ratio. This
    year it has ben about 10:1 (record hot v record cold)

    TRENBERTH: You know, as time goes on, we always expect to set new records,
    but there should be an equal number of highs and lows. And in the 1950s and
    the '60s and '70s, that was the case. But by the time we got to the 2000s,
    the ratios of highs to lows was about two-to-one and this year so far it's
    running at about a ratio of ten-to-one.
    http://www.npr.org/2012/07/04/156258...across-country



  15. #15
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 8, 3:22*am, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:

    > TRENBERTH: *You know, as time goes on, we always expect to set new records,
    > but there should be an equal number of highs and lows. And in the 1950s and
    > the '60s and '70s, that was the case. But by the time we got to the 2000s,
    > the ratios of highs to lows was about two-to-one and this year so far it's
    > running at about a ratio of ten-to-one.http://www.npr.org/2012/07/04/156258...buoying-wildfi...



    Life is hearty. Everything alive today is tough. We are tough
    too. I can't prove it and won't try, but I believe that we as earthly
    creatures can handle almost any change, maybe even all change, as long
    as it's gradual enough.

    TJ

  16. #16
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On Jul 6, 4:04*pm, A Moose in Love <parkstreetboo...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Jul 6, 4:28*pm, "Somebody" <n...@email.jmail> wrote:
    >
    > > you get a Hershey's with almonds out of the cupboard, and it bends in your
    > > hand. *To almost 90 degrees.

    >
    > Especially if it's 90 degrees outside. *Man I'm funny.
    > Here the temp is 36 = 36 * 9 / 5 + 32 = 96.8. *Far too hot.
    > I just viewed the tube, and Illinois corn *farmers are in trouble.
    > Their corn looks disgusting. *No real rain since April 14.


    Same story here in Iowa, the corn state. I'm having to water trees in
    my yard that I planted 3-4 years ago.

    N.

  17. #17
    z z Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    You know its too hot when right angles melt away :-)

    104 degrees here yesterday. I have run my central air 24/7 for two weeks
    now set on 60 degrees. Last night at 10pm it was 78 degrees inside. No
    insulation between me and the roof.

    You know it's too hot when your cat goes bald :-)

    I miss you, Johnny.


  18. #18
    George Leppla Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On 7/8/2012 12:09 PM, z z wrote:
    > You know its too hot when right angles melt away:-)
    >
    > 104 degrees here yesterday. I have run my central air 24/7 for two weeks
    > now set on 60 degrees. Last night at 10pm it was 78 degrees inside. No
    > insulation between me and the roof.


    No insulation? Really? Where do you live that the temperature is so
    moderate that you don't need any insulation.

    Electricity is relatively inexpensive here in the South, but the AC
    units have been known to run for months at a time without being shut
    off. Good insulation is a must!

    George L


  19. #19
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    "George Leppla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..

    > No insulation? Really? Where do you live that the temperature is so
    > moderate that you don't need any insulation.
    >
    > Electricity is relatively inexpensive here in the South, but the AC units
    > have been known to run for months at a time without being shut off. Good
    > insulation is a must!
    >
    > George L


    I would like to insulate my house, but the walls have rocks in them. When
    they renovated one of the bathrooms, discovered this. Which now makes it
    about impossible to insulate the outside walls. Why they put rocks there,
    no one understands. My wife-ex said she had seen that out west sometimes.



  20. #20
    dsi1 Guest

    Default Re: you know it's too hot when

    On 7/8/2012 7:47 AM, Somebody wrote:
    > "George Leppla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >
    >> No insulation? Really? Where do you live that the temperature is so
    >> moderate that you don't need any insulation.
    >>
    >> Electricity is relatively inexpensive here in the South, but the AC units
    >> have been known to run for months at a time without being shut off. Good
    >> insulation is a must!
    >>
    >> George L

    >
    > I would like to insulate my house, but the walls have rocks in them. When
    > they renovated one of the bathrooms, discovered this. Which now makes it
    > about impossible to insulate the outside walls. Why they put rocks there,
    > no one understands. My wife-ex said she had seen that out west sometimes.
    >
    >


    Rock in your walls? That's cool! I like that practice. If there's a lot
    of mass in your walls, that a good thing. The mass acts as a thermal
    buffer and tends to keep the temperature swings inside your house
    withing a narrow range. It's the reason this rock in the middle of the
    world's biggest body of water doesn't have much of a temperature range.


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32