Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    A bacon avocado cheeseburger on a dijon'd, garlic powdered
    toasted onion bagel.

    Washed away by a tall glass of ice-cold milk.

    And who-the-heck decided to leave a hole in the middle of
    bagels? I'd really, really like to know!

    Was it You?

    ;-)

    Andy

  2. #2
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!


    On 21-Sep-2012, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Was it You?


    Not I; I prefer Bialy's where instead of a hole, there's a dimple filled
    with a tasty onion filling. But, it's hard to find real bagels and Bialys;
    I should probably make them more often. Oh, well...


    This morning it's two eggs, over, two (sage) sausage patties and two pieces
    of whole-wheat toast. One piece of toast was plain, to clean up the
    stubborn egg goo on the plate, the other was buttered and spread with
    no-sugar added apple butter. Coffee, as always.


    --

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  3. #3
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "l, not -l" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > On 21-Sep-2012, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Was it You?

    >
    > Not I; I prefer Bialy's where instead of a hole, there's a
    > dimple filled with a tasty onion filling. But, it's hard
    > to find real bagels and Bialys; I should probably make them
    > more often. Oh, well...
    >
    >
    > This morning it's two eggs, over, two (sage) sausage
    > patties and two pieces of whole-wheat toast. One piece of
    > toast was plain, to clean up the stubborn egg goo on the
    > plate, the other was buttered and spread with no-sugar
    > added apple butter. Coffee, as always.




    I SO miss coffee!!!

    Andy
    [wiping tears from my eyes]

  4. #4
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "l, not -l" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Not I; I prefer Bialy's where instead of a hole, there's a
    > dimple filled with a tasty onion filling. But, it's hard
    > to find real bagels and Bialys; I should probably make them
    > more often. Oh, well...




    There's a highly regarded bagel shop in town. They have more
    business than I seem to think they can handle. If that's a
    curse, it's a blessing in disguise! Trouble is, they're
    located on a minuscule side street with next to zero parking.
    Cars double park in the early morning, half a block from the
    county courthouse! Judges like bagels, too, obviously!

    Lot's of variety but I'm up too early to wait for them to
    open.

    Lender's brand is always in the fridge. It's a nice mix-up
    when English muffins, buns and whole wheat bread get boring.

    That gosh darn hole in the middle! I'm used to outer edge ooze
    but the added center eruption of cream cheese, mayo, mustard,
    whatever, resembles a bursting zit!!!

    I lean on bagels in dry mode mostly. Once in a while, like
    this morning, I was again weak and tempted fate. ;-)

    After all, like I always say, what can possibly go wrong... go
    wrong... go wrong...

    <G>

    Best,

    Andy

  5. #5
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!


    On 21-Sep-2012, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I SO miss coffee!!!
    >
    > Andy
    > [wiping tears from my eyes]


    Good news; I had an extra cup for you. 8-)
    --

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  6. #6
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!


    On 21-Sep-2012, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > That gosh darn hole in the middle! I'm used to outer edge ooze
    > but the added center eruption of cream cheese, mayo, mustard,
    > whatever, resembles a bursting zit!!!
    >
    > I lean on bagels in dry mode mostly. Once in a while, like
    > this morning, I was again weak and tempted fate. ;-)
    >
    > After all, like I always say, what can possibly go wrong... go
    > wrong... go wrong...
    >
    > <G>
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy


    Bacon goes well with cream cheese; I suggest a crisp strip of bacon to cover
    the hole. If you can't handle two strips, break one in half and you have
    two hole covers that prevent that dreaded center ooze. Bacon would also
    work to keep mayo from escaping. Personally, I wouild not find bacon and
    mustart appealing; but, you taste buds may have a different reaction.
    --

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  7. #7
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "l, not -l" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > On 21-Sep-2012, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I SO miss coffee!!!
    >>
    >> Andy
    >> [wiping tears from my eyes]

    >
    > Good news; I had an extra cup for you. 8-)



    l, not -l,

    heh! Hey!! HEY!!!

    Whose side are you on??? :-)

    A tempting offer. Thanks!

    If nothing else, I can still smell a great cup of coffee.
    [Curses!]

    Best,

    Andy

  8. #8
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    >A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!
    >
    > A bacon avocado cheeseburger on a dijon'd, garlic powdered
    > toasted onion bagel.


    Is bacon even necessary? You have the starch of the avocado and the fat from
    the cheese. Sounds like a plan.

    Any salt? Or just the bacon? I've been eating too much salt lately.


    > Washed away by a tall glass of ice-cold milk.
    >
    > And who-the-heck decided to leave a hole in the middle of
    > bagels? I'd really, really like to know!
    >
    > Was it You?


    The hole gives the bagel a bigger surface area, thus increasing the ratio of
    the crispy outside to the chewy inside. If you remove the hole you mess up
    the ratio. It's geometry.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
    "Shopping makes me smart."
    --Ratbert



  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Any salt? Or just the bacon? I've been eating too much salt
    > lately.




    Christopher,

    Except for sodium in processed foods, I haven't added salt to
    food in 20+ years, with the exception of salted water for
    spaghetti and salt and pepper as a flank steak dry rub.

    Unsalted butter.

    I like bacon on burgers and hot dogs. It adds crispy crunch to
    an otherwise boring chew consistency, imho.

    Best,

    Andy

  10. #10
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Any salt? Or just the bacon? I've been eating too much salt
    >> lately.

    >
    >
    >
    > Christopher,
    >
    > Except for sodium in processed foods, I haven't added salt to
    > food in 20+ years, with the exception of salted water for
    > spaghetti and salt and pepper as a flank steak dry rub.
    >
    > Unsalted butter.
    >
    > I like bacon on burgers and hot dogs. It adds crispy crunch to
    > an otherwise boring chew consistency, imho.


    I haven't had bacon on a hot dog before. That sounds interesting.

    I won't be wrapping it in bacon and frying it though, like those hoary,
    ornery people on Man vs. Food.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  11. #11
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: A winding down to the weekend BREAKFAST!

    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I haven't had bacon on a hot dog before. That sounds
    > interesting.
    >
    > I won't be wrapping it in bacon and frying it though, like
    > those hoary, ornery people on Man vs. Food.




    Christopher,

    I nuke the bacon separately, steaming or broiling the hot dog,
    then trapping the two together in a bun. :-9

    I enjoy the Man vs. Food programs. It kills my appetite so
    just by watching, I'm losing weight. LOL!!!

    Best,

    Andy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32