Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

  1. #1
    Somebody Guest

    Default why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they done
    with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the dishwasher!
    And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a trap.

    And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.

    Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?



  2. #2
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the
    > time they done with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar
    > had gone through the dishwasher! And mice, they cannot
    > resist eventhough they know it's a trap.
    >
    > And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less
    > than a week.
    >
    > Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?




    One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop barker
    at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.

    To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of peanut
    butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and the paper
    plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes of silence. A
    futile effort, we eventually concluded.

    Twas fun to watch her walking blindly with a paper plate stuck
    to her face.

    Planned comedy and tragedy at the same time.

    Andy

  3. #3
    pavane Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?


    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    > ................
    > And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    > ................


    If you had kept her in a pumpkin shell rather than
    a large jar you might still be married, y'know.

    pavane



  4. #4
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..

    > One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop barker
    > at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.
    >
    > To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of peanut
    > butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and the paper
    > plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes of silence. A
    > futile effort, we eventually concluded.
    >
    > Twas fun to watch her walking blindly with a paper plate stuck
    > to her face.
    >
    > Planned comedy and tragedy at the same time.
    >
    > Andy


    lol

    A leftover jar works well. Makes them have to work for it, and not get it
    all at once. And they will till every last bit they can reach is gone. The
    chusky I had would spend an hour with a plastic jar. He'd try and hold the
    jar in his paws and it would bounce around and then he'd chase after it...
    When he finally was done, I would slice it open so he could get what was
    left at the bottom.





  5. #5
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:FYC9s.217231$[email protected]..
    >
    > "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    >> ................
    >> And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    >> ................

    >
    > If you had kept her in a pumpkin shell rather than
    > a large jar you might still be married, y'know.
    >
    > pavane


    she hasn't yelled or swore even once since we got divorced. Better to have
    our own places to retreat to, methinks... She borrowed my rug shampooer
    yesterday and we watched Sullivan's Travels the other day. We should have
    skipped getting married and just went straight to divorce.






  6. #6
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >
    >> One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop
    >> barker at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.
    >>
    >> To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of
    >> peanut butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and
    >> the paper plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes
    >> of silence. A futile effort, we eventually concluded.
    >>
    >> Twas fun to watch her walking blindly with a paper plate
    >> stuck to her face.
    >>
    >> Planned comedy and tragedy at the same time.
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > lol
    >
    > A leftover jar works well. Makes them have to work for it,
    > and not get it all at once. And they will till every last
    > bit they can reach is gone. The chusky I had would spend
    > an hour with a plastic jar. He'd try and hold the jar in
    > his paws and it would bounce around and then he'd chase
    > after it... When he finally was done, I would slice it open
    > so he could get what was left at the bottom.




    The dog collection, consisting of two show-dog Borzois would've
    amounted to murderous competition. It took Annabelle, our
    littlest Jack Russel Terror, to keep them all in line.

    Size up our little Annabelle next to the gigantic Borzois, who
    coward to her, makes you wonder why nature unexplainably works
    so mysteriously!!!

    Go Annabelle, wherever you rule!

    Andy

  7. #7
    John John Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:54:53 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"pavane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:FYC9s.217231$[email protected]..
    >>
    >> "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    >>> ................
    >>> And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    >>> ................

    >>
    >> If you had kept her in a pumpkin shell rather than
    >> a large jar you might still be married, y'know.
    >>
    >> pavane

    >
    >she hasn't yelled or swore even once since we got divorced. Better to have
    >our own places to retreat to, methinks... She borrowed my rug shampooer
    >yesterday and we watched Sullivan's Travels the other day. We should have
    >skipped getting married and just went straight to divorce.


    Then you would both have missed out on the relief factor.

    --
    John

    >


  8. #8
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "John John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:54:53 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>she hasn't yelled or swore even once since we got divorced. Better to
    >>have
    >>our own places to retreat to, methinks... She borrowed my rug shampooer
    >>yesterday and we watched Sullivan's Travels the other day. We should have
    >>skipped getting married and just went straight to divorce.

    >
    > Then you would both have missed out on the relief factor.


    and the lawyer fees. And family embarrassment when she mass emails
    everyone... And the intense conversations for two years that ended in
    crying, and then deciding we should split up; then after a few minutes
    saying: we can make this work. we'll make this work.

    getting rid of squirrels and raccoons in the attic is easier!



  9. #9
    George M. Middius Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Somebody wrote:

    > Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?


    Everything is better with ginger in it.



  10. #10
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Somebody <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?


    You tell us, you're the tweaker here.



  11. #11
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Somebody <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "John John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:54:53 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> she hasn't yelled or swore even once since we got divorced. Better
    >>> to have
    >>> our own places to retreat to, methinks... She borrowed my rug
    >>> shampooer yesterday and we watched Sullivan's Travels the other
    >>> day. We should have skipped getting married and just went straight
    >>> to divorce.

    >>
    >> Then you would both have missed out on the relief factor.

    >
    > and the lawyer fees. And family embarrassment when she mass emails
    > everyone... And the intense conversations for two years that ended in
    > crying, and then deciding we should split up; then after a few minutes
    > saying: we can make this work. we'll make this work.
    >
    > getting rid of squirrels and raccoons in the attic is easier!


    No doubt she had even more trouble getting rid of you than we do here. Poor
    woman.



  12. #12
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    On 9/29/2012 9:41 AM, Andy wrote:

    > One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop barker
    > at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.
    >
    > To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of peanut
    > butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and the paper
    > plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes of silence. A
    > futile effort, we eventually concluded.


    That's because you taught her that constant barking resulted in a reward.


  13. #13
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    On 9/29/2012 11:54 AM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:

    > Somebody <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> "John John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>> On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:54:53 -0400, "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>> she hasn't yelled or swore even once since we got divorced. Better
    >>>> to have
    >>>> our own places to retreat to, methinks... She borrowed my rug
    >>>> shampooer yesterday and we watched Sullivan's Travels the other
    >>>> day. We should have skipped getting married and just went straight
    >>>> to divorce.
    >>>
    >>> Then you would both have missed out on the relief factor.

    >>
    >> and the lawyer fees. And family embarrassment when she mass emails
    >> everyone... And the intense conversations for two years that ended in
    >> crying, and then deciding we should split up; then after a few minutes
    >> saying: we can make this work. we'll make this work.
    >>
    >> getting rid of squirrels and raccoons in the attic is easier!

    >
    > No doubt she had even more trouble getting rid of you than we do here. Poor
    > woman.
    >
    >

    And counting the number of his posts in a day is the mark of an asshole
    intent on continuing to be an asshole.

  14. #14
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Cheryl <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 9/29/2012 9:41 AM, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop
    >> barker at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.
    >>
    >> To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of
    >> peanut butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and
    >> the paper plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes
    >> of silence. A futile effort, we eventually concluded.

    >
    > That's because you taught her that constant barking
    > resulted in a reward.




    Cheryl,

    Nah. She came that way!

    Peanut butter was a wayward experiment gone awry! ;-)

    Best,

    Andy



  15. #15
    Alan Holbrook Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]:

    > Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they
    > done with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the
    > dishwasher! And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a
    > trap.
    >
    > And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a
    > week.


    Is your ex an animal? Just curious...

    >
    > Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?
    >
    >



  16. #16
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "Alan Holbrook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] 5.247...
    > "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]:
    >
    >> Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they
    >> done with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the
    >> dishwasher! And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a
    >> trap.
    >>
    >> And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a
    >> week.

    >
    > Is your ex an animal?



    in bed, yes... I mean, no. She's okay. We are film buddies now, and no
    longer **** buddies Watch old movies together. I give her tomatoes from
    the garden when I have extra, and she borrows the rug shampooer in exchange
    for thin crust pizza.




  17. #17
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    Andy wrote:
    > Cheryl wrote:
    >> Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> One of the dogs in the owners collection was a non-stop
    >>> barker at the first sign of anything. I forget the breed.
    >>>
    >>> To shut her up once in a while, we'd put out a scoop of
    >>> peanut butter on a paper plate for her. She'd grab it and
    >>> the paper plate and finish it off, giving us a few minutes
    >>> of silence. A futile effort, we eventually concluded.

    >>
    >> That's because you taught her that constant barking
    >> resulted in a reward.

    >
    >Cheryl,
    >
    >Nah. She came that way!


    Hehe, Cheryl gets a Skippy orgasm!

  18. #18
    graham Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?


    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    > Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they done
    > with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the dishwasher!
    > And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a trap.
    >
    > And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    >
    > Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?
    >

    Why do so many animals like peanut butter?
    Including humans!!!!!



  19. #19
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    "graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:az_9s.2398$[email protected]..
    >
    > "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    >> Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they
    >> done with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the
    >> dishwasher! And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a
    >> trap.
    >>
    >> And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    >>
    >> Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?
    >>

    > Why do so many animals like peanut butter?
    > Including humans!!!!!


    my mum was addicted to it on a cracker. She'd often sit in front of the
    telly with a stack of crackers and a jar of peanut butter.




  20. #20
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: why do so many animals like peanut butter?

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:37:25 -0600, "graham" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:k46s6l$38q$[email protected]..
    >> Every dog I know goes nuts over a left over jar; and by the time they done
    >> with it (hour or so), you'd think the jar had gone through the dishwasher!
    >> And mice, they cannot resist eventhough they know it's a trap.
    >>
    >> And there's my ex who would go through a large jar in less than a week.
    >>
    >> Does peanut butter have something in it similar to crack?
    >>

    >Why do so many animals like peanut butter?
    >Including humans!!!!!


    Roasted peanuts have a pervasive attractive aroma.
    You can attract many critters just as easily by frying bacon.
    If you want to attract felines use tuna, don't even need to open the
    can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32