Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Weather forecast?

  1. #1
    Gloria P Guest

    Default Weather forecast?



    Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.

    Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet,
    in fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.

    Today was loverly.

    gloria p

  2. #2
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Gloria P said...

    >
    >
    > Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >
    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet,
    > in fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >
    > Today was loverly.
    >
    > gloria p



    gloria p,

    Local forcast for Media, PA... chili today, hot tamale.

    Andy

  3. #3
    George Shirley Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Gloria P wrote:
    >
    >
    > Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >
    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet,
    > in fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >
    > Today was loverly.
    >
    > gloria p

    22F just before daylight here in SW Louisiana, rising to almost 70F by
    mid-afternoon. Haven't looked at tomorrow's weather, probably more cold.

  4. #4
    ms. tonya Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    >Date: Fri, Jan 16, 2009 [email protected] (Gloria*P) declared:
    >Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and
    >east.
    >Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65
    >in Denver with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter
    >isn't over yet, in fact it's barely here. We are
    >expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >Today was loverly.
    >gloria p

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Here in suburbs of Detroit this morning had wind chills of minus 35
    breaking record.

    Standing outside @ 8 am waiting for cab was anything but lovely here.

    Counting days till spring!!


  5. #5
    Lin Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Gloria P wrote:

    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet,
    > in fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >
    > Today was loverly.


    Indeed, it was! We were mid-sixties as well. Supposed to be 70 tomorrow!
    I was able to grill again -- second time this week.

    It's not feeling like Winter at all. What's supposed to be our "rainy
    season" so far has been non-existent, except for some long lasting Tule
    fogs. Maybe a drive or train ride to Tahoe will make me feel a bit more
    Winter-ish. I can see the snow on the mountains! I know Winter is close
    by -- just not in my backyard.

    --Lin (we definitely need the rain)

  6. #6
    Sheldon Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Gloria P wrote:
    > Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >
    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. �Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. �Winter isn't overyet,
    > in fact it's barely here. �We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >
    > Today was loverly.


    Lucky you... 65 is a heat wave. Here in the Catskills right now it's
    9:30 PM and the temperature is a tropical -8F. Last night when I woke
    at 2 AM it was a balmy -17F... will probably be likewise tonight.




  7. #7
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?


    "George Shirley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Ouacl.4935$[email protected]..
    > Gloria P wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >>
    >> Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    >> with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet, in
    >> fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >>
    >> Today was loverly.
    >>
    >> gloria p

    > 22F just before daylight here in SW Louisiana, rising to almost 70F by
    > mid-afternoon. Haven't looked at tomorrow's weather, probably more cold.


    It didn't even hit 20F today in Maryland, and it's 8F now. What I dislike
    the most about the cold is how hard it is to get humidity in the house. My
    humidifier isn't cutting it.


  8. #8
    Jean B. Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Sheldon wrote:
    > Gloria P wrote:
    >> Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >>
    >> Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. �Today hit 65 in Denver
    >> with similar temps predicted over the weekend. �Winter isn't over yet,
    >> in fact it's barely here. �We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >>
    >> Today was loverly.

    >
    > Lucky you... 65 is a heat wave. Here in the Catskills right now it's
    > 9:30 PM and the temperature is a tropical -8F. Last night when I woke
    > at 2 AM it was a balmy -17F... will probably be likewise tonight.
    >
    >

    I knew it would be balmy here compared to where you are, Sheldon.
    Last night (or in the wee hours of the morning yesterday) it was
    -7/-8F. I got downstairs late this morning, and it was a tad over
    zero.
    --
    Jean B.

  9. #9
    Michael \Dog3\ Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Gloria P <[email protected]> news:[email protected]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    >
    >
    > Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.
    >
    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet,
    > in fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.
    >
    > Today was loverly.
    >


    Well goody for you <sticking tongue out> ;-) I still froze my ass off this
    morning when I went riding. It *might* get up to 40 today. I don't even
    look at the forecast anymore. I figure it is what it is. I sure can bitch
    about it but I can't change a thing

    Michael

    --
    He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your
    words.
    ~Elbert Hubbard

    You can find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  10. #10
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    On 17 Jan 2009 14:54:03 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
    <don'[email protected]> wrote:

    > I don't even
    >look at the forecast anymore. I figure it is what it is. I sure can bitch
    >about it but I can't change a thing



    Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it


    --
    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
    interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

    Mae West

  11. #11
    John Kane Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    On Jan 17, 9:54*am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" <don't...@donttell.huh> wrote:
    > Gloria P <gpues...@comcast.net> *news:[email protected]:in
    > rec.food.cooking
    >
    >
    >
    > > Take heart, those of you in the frigid midwest and east.

    >
    > > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. *Today hit 65 in Denver
    > > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. *Winter isn't over yet,
    > > in fact it's barely here. *We are expecting snow next week, midweek.

    >
    > > Today was loverly.

    >
    > Well goody for you <sticking tongue out> ;-) *I still froze my ass off this
    > morning when I went riding. It *might* get up to 40 today. I don't even
    > look at the forecast anymore. *I figure it is what it is. I sure can bitch
    > about it but I can't change a thing


    Block heater in the saddle?

    John Kane Kingston ON Canada

  12. #12
    Gloria P Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    Michael "Dog3" wrote:
    > Gloria P <[email protected]> news:[email protected]:


    >>
    >> Today was loverly.
    >>

    >
    > Well goody for you <sticking tongue out> ;-) I still froze my ass off this
    > morning when I went riding.




    Hey, imagine what the poor horse had to endure!

    gloria p

  13. #13
    Sheldon Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    sf wrote:
    > "Michael \"Dog3\" wrote:
    > > I don't even
    > >look at the forecast anymore. �I figure it is what it is. I surecan bitch
    > >about it but I can't change a thing

    >
    > Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it


    That's not true... many travel south in winter and north in summer.

    snowbird
    noun
    Date: 1674
    1 : any of several birds (as a junco or fieldfare) seen chiefly in
    winter
    2 : one who travels to warm climes for the winter
    ---





  14. #14
    Mitch@_._ Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    15 below zero the last couple days, but 27 today.

  15. #15
    pure kona Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:36:20 -0600, Mitch@_._ wrote:

    >15 below zero the last couple days, but 27 today.

    Well in Kona now, at 10:30 am, it is tropically 70 with gorgeous
    skies.

    Sorry but true.

    aloha,
    Cea

  16. #16
    MarieD Guest

    Default Re: Weather forecast?

    "Gloria P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:6tcoo4Fa1[email protected]..
    > Our temps were quite cold until yesterday. Today hit 65 in Denver
    > with similar temps predicted over the weekend. Winter isn't over yet, in
    > fact it's barely here. We are expecting snow next week, midweek.


    I'm going to get snow in the morning!(flurries and showers only, none
    sticking) According to weatherchannel.com, anyway. We've been having what
    was called an "arctic blast" for a few days, and Thurs/Fri nights got down
    to 13F. This is freaking COLD and our gas bill will be so high!!
    Marie


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32