Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98

Thread: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

  1. #1
    notbob Guest

    Default WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    .....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.

    nb

  2. #2
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    notbob wrote:

    > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    > ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.


    Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get deals on waffle
    irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a lot of people buy or receive
    as gifts and never use. So you stand a good chance of scoring one that has
    little or no use.




  3. #3
    Billy Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:41:42 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:


    >nb


    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/srch/...s=waffle+irons




  4. #4
    aem Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    On Apr 7, 9:41*am, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    > What? *Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? *Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. *Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). *It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. *But hey!
    > ....they carry woks! *Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.*
    >

    Huh? You live in an isolation ward or something? How could Walmart
    *not* carry woks? I have both a waffle iron and some woks (different
    sizes). I use a wok no less than 7 times a week (out of say 14
    meals). I've used the waffle iron twice last year, not once yet this
    year. -aem



  5. #5
    TammyM Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons


    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:a9sKj.33151$[email protected]. .
    > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for
    > a
    > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    > ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.


    NB, are you really my mother, cleverly disguised? She (you?) and I had this
    conversation this weekend. She (or should I say you?) wants a new waffle
    iron. Not a Belgian WI, a regular, old fashioned WI, thank you. But she
    (YOU?) can't find one.

    I'm so confused....

    TammyM, thinking (for once) Daddy's mighty lucky to be playing cribbage in
    the hereafter....



  6. #6
    kuvasz guy Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    On Apr 7, 1:29*pm, "TammyM" <tdmcn...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
    > "notbob" <not...@nothome.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:a9sKj.33151$[email protected]. .
    >
    > > What? *Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? *Our super-WM has nary a
    > > single waffle iron in sight. *Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). *It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shopsfor
    > > a
    > > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. *But hey!
    > > ....they carry woks! *Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.

    >
    > NB, are you really my mother, cleverly disguised? *She (you?) and I had this
    > conversation this weekend. * She (or should I say you?) wants a new waffle
    > iron. *Not a Belgian WI, a regular, old fashioned WI, thank you. *But she
    > (YOU?) can't find one.
    >
    > I'm so confused....
    >
    > TammyM, thinking (for once) Daddy's mighty lucky to be playing cribbage in
    > the hereafter....


    The Black&Decker (formerly GE) model G48 that I own and use regularly
    is still available. I highly recommend it. I saw it last weekend in
    a local Lowes.

    ..fred

  7. #7
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    On 2008-04-07, TammyM <[email protected]> wrote:

    > NB, are you really my mother, cleverly disguised?


    I don't think so. Lemme check.... nope hooters!

    > She (you?) and I had this
    > conversation this weekend. She (or should I say you?) wants a new waffle
    > iron. Not a Belgian WI, a regular, old fashioned WI, thank you.


    Your mom seems like a very sensible woman. I tip my hat.

    > But she
    > (YOU?) can't find one.


    No doubt. I had a chance to pick up an old Sunbeam at a thrift store like
    the one we had when I was a kid. Flat, square, and beautifully chromed, it
    had a temp control and would make 4 perfect waffles at a time, but I passed
    cuz one segment was cracked. I may be checking out ebay, soon.

    > TammyM, thinking (for once) Daddy's mighty lucky to be playing cribbage in
    > the hereafter....


    After watching that Monstersanto video, we may all be joining him sooner
    than we think. :|

    nb

  8. #8
    Blinky the Shark Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    notbob wrote:

    > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for


    "Waffle waffle waffle!" - Wallace The Waffle Whiffer


    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net


  9. #9
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Dave Smith wrote:
    >
    > notbob wrote:
    >
    > > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    > > single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    > > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    > > ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.

    >
    > Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get deals on waffle
    > irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a lot of people buy or receive
    > as gifts and never use. So you stand a good chance of scoring one that has
    > little or no use.


    And eBay. You might be able to get one
    that still has some gift wrap on it.

  10. #10
    Cindy Hamilton Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    On Apr 7, 12:41*pm, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    > What? *Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? *Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. *Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). *It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. *But hey!
    > ....they carry woks! *Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.*


    Walmart's customers only eat frozen waffles?

    Cindy Hamilton

  11. #11
    Tonia Fischer Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons


    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:a9sKj.33151$[email protected]. .
    > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    > single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    > (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for
    > a
    > decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    > ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.
    >
    > nb

    http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=289942


    http://www1.shopping.com/xPP-waffle_makers : look at the stores in right
    hand column

    Tonia



  12. #12
    Julia Altshuler Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Cindy Hamilton wrote:
    >
    > Walmart's customers only eat frozen waffles?



    Folks are interviewed at the door. If they like waffles made from
    scratch, they're told to shop elsewhere.


    --Lia


  13. #13
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    aem wrote:

    >
    > Huh? You live in an isolation ward or something? How could Walmart
    > *not* carry woks? I have both a waffle iron and some woks (different
    > sizes). I use a wok no less than 7 times a week (out of say 14
    > meals). I've used the waffle iron twice last year, not once yet this
    > year. -aem


    You could be well above average. We make them at least once a month. I don't know
    anyone else who does. Most people I know use frozen waffles, and when I suggest
    that they should make them they say its way too much work. While it is a little
    more work than pancakes, they are so good they are worth it.



  14. #14
    Pennyaline Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Mark Thorson wrote:
    > Dave Smith wrote:
    >> notbob wrote:
    >>
    >>> What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has nary a
    >>> single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian waffle iron
    >>> (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the thrift shops for a
    >>> decent waffle iron if I want to make real American waffles. But hey!
    >>> ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live even knows what a wok is.

    >> Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get deals on waffle
    >> irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a lot of people buy or receive
    >> as gifts and never use. So you stand a good chance of scoring one that has
    >> little or no use.

    >
    > And eBay. You might be able to get one
    > that still has some gift wrap on it.


    I'm with you there. eBay is your friend. I got a terrific standard round
    waffle iron there -- it works, it's in good condition and bakes up great
    waffles.

  15. #15
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Mark Thorson wrote:

    >
    > > Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get deals on waffle
    > > irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a lot of people buy or receive
    > > as gifts and never use. So you stand a good chance of scoring one that has
    > > little or no use.

    >
    > And eBay. You might be able to get one
    > that still has some gift wrap on it.


    No ebay for me. I keep getting notices that my Paypal account is going to be
    suspended, which is odd because I don't ever recall signing up. I also get a lot of
    emails about payment problems from ebay, though I have never tried to buy anything
    on it.



  16. #16
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    notbob wrote:
    > What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has
    > nary a single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian
    > waffle iron (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the
    > thrift shops for a decent waffle iron if I want to make real American
    > waffles. But hey! ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I live
    > even knows what a wok is.
    >
    > nb
    >

    I couldn't vouch for quality (or even recall the brand) but I saw a plain
    ol' 4-waffle waffle iron at Walgreens the other day

    Jill


  17. #17
    George Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Julia Altshuler wrote:
    > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
    >>
    >> Walmart's customers only eat frozen waffles?

    >
    >
    > Folks are interviewed at the door. If they like waffles made from
    > scratch, they're told to shop elsewhere.
    >
    >
    > --Lia
    >

    I don't think an interview is required. My bet is that a typical super
    wally shopper is only interested in the lowest price for consistent
    mediocrity.

  18. #18
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Dave Smith wrote:
    > Mark Thorson wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>> Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get
    >>> deals on waffle irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a
    >>> lot of people buy or receive as gifts and never use. So you stand a
    >>> good chance of scoring one that has little or no use.

    >>
    >> And eBay. You might be able to get one
    >> that still has some gift wrap on it.

    >
    > No ebay for me. I keep getting notices that my Paypal account is
    > going to be suspended, which is odd because I don't ever recall
    > signing up. I also get a lot of emails about payment problems from
    > ebay, though I have never tried to buy anything on it.
    >

    Report 'em. There's a link for doing so on the eBay site. Those emails
    aren't originating from anyone remotely associated with eBay.

    Jill


  19. #19
    biig Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons


    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Mark Thorson wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> > Thrift shops and garage sales are probably great places to get deals on
    >> > waffle
    >> > irons. They are one of those kitchen items that a lot of people buy or
    >> > receive
    >> > as gifts and never use. So you stand a good chance of scoring one that
    >> > has
    >> > little or no use.

    >>
    >> And eBay. You might be able to get one
    >> that still has some gift wrap on it.

    >
    > No ebay for me. I keep getting notices that my Paypal account is going to
    > be
    > suspended, which is odd because I don't ever recall signing up. I also get
    > a lot of
    > emails about payment problems from ebay, though I have never tried to buy
    > anything
    > on it.
    >
    > Me too Dave. I haven't gotten any for a few days though.....Sharon




  20. #20
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons

    Cindy Hamilton wrote:
    > On Apr 7, 12:41 pm, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    >> What? Walmart is trying to kill the waffle iron? Our super-WM has
    >> nary a single waffle iron in sight. Not even the despised Belgian
    >> waffle iron (stick to beer, B-peeps!). It appears I hafta peruse the
    >> thrift shops for a decent waffle iron if I want to make real
    >> American waffles. But hey! ....they carry woks! Like anyone where I
    >> live even knows what a wok is.

    >
    > Walmart's customers only eat frozen waffles?
    >
    > Cindy Hamilton
    >

    Now that wouldn't surprise me! LOL


Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32