Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Turkeyternity

  1. #1
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Turkeyternity

    I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    Good soup.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://web.me.com/barbschaller
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    (Send her a note!)

  2. #2
    Christine Dabney Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:22:42 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    >tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    >rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    >Good soup.


    What is your famous turkey salad spread?

    Christine, who makes gumbo from her leftover turkey

  3. #3
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Christine Dabney <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What is your famous turkey salad spread?


    It's on the website: turkey, celery, onion, mayo. Food processor. Easy.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    (Send her a note!)

  4. #4
    hahabogus Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    [email protected]:

    > I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    > Good soup.


    Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a cream of turkey
    (even Better) and wild rice soup?

    No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?

    --

    The beet goes on -Alan




  5. #5
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Christine Dabney <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:22:42 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > >tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > >rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    > >Good soup.

    >
    > What is your famous turkey salad spread?
    >
    > Christine, who makes gumbo from her leftover turkey


    I like to make soup and salad.
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  6. #6
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    In article <[email protected]>,
    hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' <barbschaller[email protected]> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]:
    >
    > > I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > > tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > > rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    > > Good soup.

    >
    > Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a cream of turkey
    > (even Better) and wild rice soup?


    I don't make thick wild rice soup, though I'll eat it and enjoy it. I'm
    not very fussy. Pic and recipe are on my website.

    > No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?


    There's still time.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://web.me.com/barbschaller
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    (Send her a note!)

  7. #7
    Lynn from Fargo Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    On Oct 30, 8:21*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    wrote:
    > In article <Xns9B46E88BE36Ahahabo...@69.16.185.250>,
    >
    > *hahabogus <inva...@null.null> wrote:
    > > Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    > > 3C3960.20224229102...@news.iphouse.com:

    >
    > > > I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > > > tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > > > rice soup. * Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line)..
    > > > Good soup.

    >
    > > Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a cream of turkey
    > > (even Better) and wild rice soup?

    >
    > I don't make thick wild rice soup, though I'll eat it and enjoy it. *I'm
    > not very fussy. * Pic and recipe are on my website.
    >
    > > No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?

    >
    > There's still time.
    > --
    > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    > (Send her a note!)


    Nobody in our family would eat the white meat (dry) so my mother
    always froze the leftovers and made "chow mein" on Christmas Eve. I
    think that's why I'm now Jewish . . .
    ;-)
    Lynn in Fargo


  8. #8
    Sheldon Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    Lynn from Fargo wrote:
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote
    >
    > > Nothing like a good turkey

    >
    > Nobody in our family would eat the white meat (dry).


    Perhaps it's time to go back to Turkey 101.

    Most folks overcook turkey, and then they add insult to injury by
    carving improperly (too hot) and with a dull knife (dull knives
    squeeze out moisture and raggedy surfaces present more surface area so
    dry out quickly), electric knives are turkey's worst enemy, any meat's
    worst enemy.


  9. #9
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    > > [email protected]:
    > >
    > > > I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > > > tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > > > rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    > > > Good soup.

    > >
    > > Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a cream of turkey
    > > (even Better) and wild rice soup?

    >
    > I don't make thick wild rice soup, though I'll eat it and enjoy it. I'm
    > not very fussy. Pic and recipe are on my website.
    >
    > > No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?

    >
    > There's still time.


    Turkey. The gift that keeps on giving. :-)
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  10. #10
    Christine Dabney Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:45:51 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
    <[email protected]> wrote:


    >BTW I have had the crockpot going these last several weeks with soup and
    >stock - making...I've made some squash and veg soup with Eye - talian
    >sausage, another with sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds with veg and some diced
    >pork loin, a curried tomato soup with cauliflower and veg and bacon (this is
    >somewhat "Asian" in style, with coconut milk, basil...), chicken stock, and
    >right now I have some "cacciatore" sauce going...all this I've done on the
    >fairly cheap and my freezer is getting stocked. However, peeps like my
    >concoctions and so I give a lot away, same as I do my five - minute artisan
    >bread. I am happy to oblige...
    >
    >My soups are more like stews, they are very rich and thick, when
    >reconstituted they can be used as is or more veg and stock and stuff can be
    >added...


    Try fixing gumbo someday from leftover turkey. The basic recipe I use
    is the one from eGullet... The instructions for using already cooked
    turkey is at the bottom.

    http://recipes.egullet.org/recipes/r772.html

    I am finally getting around to fixing my minestrone today... It was
    soup weather here last week, but we have warmed up a bit. I think
    this is the last warmer day though..so soup will be good. Will be
    nice to take to work in a thermos...

    I saw in the long range forecast, the possibility of snow showers....

    Christine

  11. #11
    Gregory Morrow Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity


    Christine Dabney wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:22:42 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    > >tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    > >rice soup. Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    > >Good soup.

    >
    > What is your famous turkey salad spread?
    >
    > Christine, who makes gumbo from her leftover turkey


    AHA, now that's a right nice idea...

    BTW I have had the crockpot going these last several weeks with soup and
    stock - making...I've made some squash and veg soup with Eye - talian
    sausage, another with sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds with veg and some diced
    pork loin, a curried tomato soup with cauliflower and veg and bacon (this is
    somewhat "Asian" in style, with coconut milk, basil...), chicken stock, and
    right now I have some "cacciatore" sauce going...all this I've done on the
    fairly cheap and my freezer is getting stocked. However, peeps like my
    concoctions and so I give a lot away, same as I do my five - minute artisan
    bread. I am happy to oblige...

    My soups are more like stews, they are very rich and thick, when
    reconstituted they can be used as is or more veg and stock and stuff can be
    added...


    --
    Best
    Greg




  12. #12
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:44:15 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo wrote:

    > On Oct 30, 8:21*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    >> In article <Xns9B46E88BE36Ahahabo...@69.16.185.250>,
    >>
    >> *hahabogus <inva...@null.null> wrote:
    >>> Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    >>> 3C3960.20224229102...@news.iphouse.com:

    >>
    >>> > I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    >>> > tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's turkey wild
    >>> > rice soup. * Details and photos are on my website (URL in sig line).
    >>> > Good soup.

    >>
    >>> Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a cream of turkey
    >>> (even Better) and wild rice soup?

    >>
    >> I don't make thick wild rice soup, though I'll eat it and enjoy it. *I'm
    >> not very fussy. * Pic and recipe are on my website.
    >>
    >>> No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?

    >>
    >> There's still time.
    >> --
    >> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    >> (Send her a note!)

    >
    > Nobody in our family would eat the white meat (dry) so my mother
    > always froze the leftovers and made "chow mein" on Christmas Eve. I
    > think that's why I'm now Jewish . . .
    > ;-)
    > Lynn in Fargo


    but wouldn't that mean you go to a chinese restaurant on christmas day?
    seems like a long 'way round to get to the same place.

    your pal,
    blake

  13. #13
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    blake wrote on Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:26:14 GMT:

    >> On Oct 30, 8:21 am, Melba's Jammin'
    >> <barbschal...@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >>> In article <Xns9B46E88BE36Ahahabo...@69.16.185.250>,
    >>>
    >>> hahabogus <inva...@null.null> wrote:
    >>>> Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >>>> news:barbschaller-
    >>>> 3C3960.20224229102...@news.iphouse.com:
    >>>
    >>> >> I've made four different meals from my birdy: roasted, turkey
    >>> >> tetrazzini, my famous turkey salad spread, and tonight's
    >>> >> turkey wild rice soup. Details and photos are on my
    >>> >> website (URL in sig line). Good soup.
    >>>
    >>>> Nothing like a good turkey and wild rice soup....Was it a
    >>>> cream of turkey (even Better) and wild rice soup?
    >>>
    >>> I don't make thick wild rice soup, though I'll eat it and
    >>> enjoy it. I'm not very fussy. Pic and recipe are on my
    >>> website.
    >>>
    >>>> No turkey pot pies??? Or turkey ala King?
    >>>
    >>> There's still time.
    >>> --
    >>> -Barb, Mother Superior,
    >>> HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
    >>> (Send her a note!)

    >>
    >> Nobody in our family would eat the white meat (dry) so my
    >> mother always froze the leftovers and made "chow mein" on
    >> Christmas Eve. I think that's why I'm now Jewish . .
    >> . ;-) Lynn in Fargo


    > but wouldn't that mean you go to a chinese restaurant on
    > christmas day? seems like a long 'way round to get to the same
    > place.


    I know of a kosher Chinese restaurant but it's not supposed to be much
    good!

    --

    James Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland

    Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not


  14. #14
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Turkeyternity

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:31:40 GMT, James Silverton wrote:

    > blake wrote on Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:26:14 GMT:
    >
    >>>
    >>> Nobody in our family would eat the white meat (dry) so my
    >>> mother always froze the leftovers and made "chow mein" on
    >>> Christmas Eve. I think that's why I'm now Jewish . .
    >>> . ;-) Lynn in Fargo

    >
    >> but wouldn't that mean you go to a chinese restaurant on
    >> christmas day? seems like a long 'way round to get to the same
    >> place.

    >
    > I know of a kosher Chinese restaurant but it's not supposed to be much
    > good!


    i know there are one or two in d.c., but they are said to be fairly common
    in new york. seems a little foreign to the chinese approach in general,
    although not mixing dairy and meat wouldn't be a big deal.

    your pal,
    blake

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32