Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tomorrow night

  1. #1
    Dimitri Guest

    Default Tomorrow night

    Beef Japanese Curry over sticky rice with Japanese pickles.

    I just needed a Japanese fix after reading Omelet.

    Damn I miss not being near a Curry House restaurant.

    (tonight Grilled Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip & grilled asparagus.)


    --
    Dimitri

    Corned beef

    http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

  2. #2
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow night

    In article <Scgnn.45924$[email protected]>,
    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Beef Japanese Curry over sticky rice with Japanese pickles.
    >
    > I just needed a Japanese fix after reading Omelet.


    <lol> I've been contemplating shrimp and/or chicken breast spring rolls
    with shredded lettuce and a mix of ****ake and white button mushrooms.
    Sauce would be soy, sesame oil and hoysin.
    >
    > Damn I miss not being near a Curry House restaurant.
    >
    > (tonight Grilled Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip & grilled asparagus.)


    Sounds tasty. :-)
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  3. #3
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow night

    Om wrote:

    > <lol> I've been contemplating shrimp and/or chicken breast spring rolls
    > with shredded lettuce and a mix of ****ake and white button mushrooms.
    > Sauce would be soy, sesame oil and hoysin.


    Do you mean spring rolls (deep-fried) or summer rolls (wrapped in soaked
    rice paper)? I wouldn't expect lettuce to be very good in a spring roll.

    In either case I'd contemplate adding shredded jícama and scallion. For
    summer rolls I'd also want to add cucumber; for spring rolls maybe pineapple
    would be interesting.

    Bob


  4. #4
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow night

    In article <4b9dc3bb$0$31991$[email protected]>,
    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Om wrote:
    >
    > > <lol> I've been contemplating shrimp and/or chicken breast spring rolls
    > > with shredded lettuce and a mix of ****ake and white button mushrooms.
    > > Sauce would be soy, sesame oil and hoysin.

    >
    > Do you mean spring rolls (deep-fried) or summer rolls (wrapped in soaked
    > rice paper)? I wouldn't expect lettuce to be very good in a spring roll.


    Wrapped in soaked rice paper. I had chicken breast on hand so I did
    make 3 of them. Best meal I've had in 3 weeks. :-)
    >
    > In either case I'd contemplate adding shredded jícama and scallion. For
    > summer rolls I'd also want to add cucumber; for spring rolls maybe pineapple
    > would be interesting.
    >
    > Bob


    I was trying to use what I had on hand...
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  5. #5
    George Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow night

    On 3/14/2010 9:39 PM, Dimitri wrote:
    > Beef Japanese Curry over sticky rice with Japanese pickles.
    >
    > I just needed a Japanese fix after reading Omelet.
    >
    > Damn I miss not being near a Curry House restaurant.
    >
    > (tonight Grilled Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip & grilled asparagus.)
    >
    >

    But at least "karē raisu" is easy to make. Pork curry rice is whats for
    dinner here tomorrow night.

  6. #6
    Dimitri Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow night

    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:hnlaum$4v4$[email protected]..
    > On 3/14/2010 9:39 PM, Dimitri wrote:
    >> Beef Japanese Curry over sticky rice with Japanese pickles.
    >>
    >> I just needed a Japanese fix after reading Omelet.
    >>
    >> Damn I miss not being near a Curry House restaurant.
    >>
    >> (tonight Grilled Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip & grilled asparagus.)
    >>
    >>

    > But at least "karē raisu" is easy to make. Pork curry rice is whats for
    > dinner here tomorrow night.




    :-)


    --
    Dimitri

    Corned beef

    http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32