Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Strawberry Pavlova

  1. #1
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Strawberry Pavlova

    With thanks to http://www.cooktonight.co.uk i made a great Strawberry
    Pavlova for my garden party yesterday.
    http://www.cooktonight.co.uk/recipes...ry_pavlova.asp.
    I had not realised how easy it was to make and its got the chewy
    rather than the crunchy recipe i had before. Does any one else have
    different recipes?

  2. #2
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: Strawberry Pavlova

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 03:52:55 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >With thanks to http://www.cooktonight.co.uk i made a great Strawberry
    >Pavlova for my garden party yesterday.
    >http://www.cooktonight.co.uk/recipes...ry_pavlova.asp.
    >I had not realised how easy it was to make and its got the chewy
    >rather than the crunchy recipe i had before. Does any one else have
    >different recipes?


    Here's some different ones you could try. I especially like the Lemon
    curd version.


    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Aussie: Kingfisher Pavlova
    Categories: Fruits, Desserts, Aussi
    Yield: 8 servings

    MMMMM--------------------THREE-BERRY COMPOTE-------------------------

    6 Egg whites 1 1/2 c Granulated sugar 2 tb White vinegar 1 ts
    Vanilla 1/4 ts Cream of tartar 2 tb Cornstarch 3 c Raspberries 1 tb
    Icing sugar 2 c Strawberries, quartered 2 c Blueberries

    In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
    sugar, one-third at a time, until stiff and glossy. Beat in vinegar,
    vanilla and cream of tartar. Using fine sieve, shake cornstarch over
    top; fold in gently.

    On parchment paper-lined baking sheets, form meringue into 8 ovals
    about 3-1/2 inches long. Bake in 275F 140C oven for 50-60 minutes or
    until meringues are crispy outside but still soft inside. Let cool.

    [Meringues can be stored, uncovered, at room temperature for up to 8
    hours.]

    Three-Berry Compote: Pure 1 cup of the raspberries; pressing through
    sieve into sauce pan. Stir in icing sugar; cook over low heat just
    until heated through. Stir in strawberries, blueberries and
    remaining
    raspberries. Let cool.

    [Compote can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 day.]

    To serve, place 1 meringue on each plate. Spoon compote next to
    meringue.

    Serve with whipped cream and a macadamia nut or almond praline, and
    fresh mint.

    MMMMM

    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Pavlova with a Twist
    Categories: Desserts
    Yield: 1 Servings

    5 Egg whites
    2 ts Cornflour
    1 ts Malt vinegar
    10 oz Caster sugar
    1/2 ts Vanilla essence
    Filling
    1/2 pt Cream
    3 ts Castor sugar
    1 ts Orange flavoured liqueur
    (I use Grand Marnier)
    1 lb Fresh fruit salad

    Draw a 9" circle on a baking sheet, preheat oven to to a cool 150C
    or 300F.

    Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 4 oz of the sugar and continue
    beating for one minute or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.

    Fold in remaining sugar, cornflour, vanilla and vinegar.

    Spoon 1/3 of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet and spread
    out into the shape of the circle. Put remainder of the mixture in a
    piping bag and pipe around the edge of the circle.

    Bake for 1 1/2 hours (yes 90 minutes) until firm and very lightly
    browned. Allow to cool completely.

    Whip the cream and fold in the sugar and the liqueur. Fill the
    meringue case with the cream, and then pile the fruit salad in the
    centre on top of it.



    MMMMM

    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Pavlova Downunder
    Categories: Desserts
    Yield: 6 Servings

    6 ea EGG WHITES
    1 1/2 c FRUIT SUGAR, VERY FINE
    1 tb CORNSTARCH
    1 1/2 ts VINEGAR
    1 1/2 c WHIPPING CREAM [1 PINT]
    STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRIES,
    KIWI, PASSION FRUIT OR OTHER

    Beat egg whites with 1/2 c sugar until stiff add remaining sugar and
    beat until dissolved. Folding in add sifted cornstarch and vinegar
    folding lightly but throughly. Turn onto foil covered cook sheet.
    shape into cake shape, raising sides jast a little Bake at 325* for
    15 minutes,reduce heat Bake at 300* for 30 minutes, reduce heat bake
    at 275* for 30 minutes, turn off oven and leave cake in until cold.
    Top should collapse. Fill with whipped, whipping cream and decorate
    with fresh fruit. This looks very nice with a little fresh fruit
    folded into cream, but not to much. ~----

    MMMMM

    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Lemon Curd Pavlova
    Categories: Desserts
    Yield: 8 Servings

    3/4 c Granulated sugar
    2 tb Cornstarch
    2/3 c Lemon juice
    2 tb Coarsely grated lemon rind
    3 Eggs
    3 Egg yolks
    1/3 c Unsalted butter
    1 1/2 c Whipping cream
    GARNISH;
    2 Kiwi fruit
    1 c Frozen raspberries, slightly
    -thawed
    Mint leaves
    LEMON PAVLOVA
    4 Egg whites
    1 pn Of cream of tartar
    2/3 c Granulated sugar
    1/3 c Icing sugar
    1 tb Cornstarch
    1/4 ts Finely grated lemon rind
    1 tb Lemon juice

    LEMON CURD FILLING;

    LEMON CURD FILLING; In heavy sauce pan, whisk together sugar, corn
    starch, lemon juice, rinds, eggs and yolks until well blended. Cook
    over medium low heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring constantly while
    mixture comes to gentle boil, until smooth and thickened, and no
    taste of cornstarch remains. Remove from heat and strain immediately
    into heatproof bowl, discarding rind. Stir in butter until melted.
    Cover surface with waxed paper. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.

    LEMON PAVLOVA; Line large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment
    paper or greased foil. Draw outline for 9 inch circle, set aside.
    In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks
    form. Gradually beat in half of the granulated sugar until stiff
    glossy peaks form. In seperate bowl, combine remaining sugar with
    icing sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over egg whites; add lemon rind
    and juice and fold together until smooth. Scoop out onto circle;
    form into nest-shape, making side higher than middle. Bake in 275
    oven for about 1 - 1/2 hours or until outside is crisp and very light
    gold.
    Let cool completely; transfer to doily-lined serving plate. (Can be
    made a few hours before serving)

    TO SERVE; whip cream until stiff. Beat Lemon Curd Filling briefly to
    lighten. Stir in one-third of the whipped cream; fold in remainder.
    Mound in Pavlova nest, letting some overflow slightly Peel and slice
    kiwi fruit thinly; arrange kiwi slices, raspberries and mint leaves
    on top. To serve, cut with serrated knife. Makes 8 - 10 servings.

    MMMMM

    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Fall Feast - Pavlova
    Categories: Desserts
    Yield: 6 Servings

    4 Egg whites
    1 pn Salt
    1 c Granulated sugar
    1 tb White vinegar

    MMMMM--------------------------TOPPINGS-------------------------------
    2 c Whipping cream
    Grapes
    Blue plums
    Yellow plums
    Blueberries

    Top this dessert with ripe fall fruit or your choice.
    Preheat oven to 275F 140C. Line a large cookie shet withparchment
    paper.
    In an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks
    form. Gradually add sugar, 2 tb at a time, beating well after each
    addition.

    Add vinegar and heat the mixture until thick, glossy and stiff
    enough o support the beater. Mound the meringue onto a cook sheet in
    an 8-inch circle. Bake for 1 1/4 hours. The meringue mixture should be
    cream-coloured and crisp. Bake another 15 minutes if the outside is
    still stuck. Cool and remove from paper onto a serving plate.

    In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until still peaks form. Cover
    meringue with cream and decorate with fruit.

    MMMMM


  3. #3
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: Strawberry Pavlova

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:03:34 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 03:52:55 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>With thanks to http://www.cooktonight.co.uk i made a great Strawberry
    >>Pavlova for my garden party yesterday.
    >>http://www.cooktonight.co.uk/recipes...ry_pavlova.asp.
    >>I had not realised how easy it was to make and its got the chewy
    >>rather than the crunchy recipe i had before. Does any one else have
    >>different recipes?

    >
    >Here's some different ones you could try. I especially like the Lemon
    >curd version.
    >
    >
    >MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
    >
    > Title: Aussie: Kingfisher Pavlova
    > Categories: Fruits, Desserts, Aussi
    > Yield: 8 servings
    >
    >MMMMM--------------------THREE-BERRY COMPOTE-------------------------
    >
    > 6 Egg whites 1 1/2 c Granulated sugar 2 tb White vinegar 1 ts
    > Vanilla 1/4 ts Cream of tartar 2 tb Cornstarch 3 c Raspberries 1 tb
    > Icing sugar 2 c Strawberries, quartered 2 c Blueberries
    >
    > In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
    > sugar, one-third at a time, until stiff and glossy. Beat in vinegar,
    > vanilla and cream of tartar. Using fine sieve, shake cornstarch over
    > top; fold in gently.
    >
    > On parchment paper-lined baking sheets, form meringue into 8 ovals
    > about 3-1/2 inches long. Bake in 275F 140C oven for 50-60 minutes or
    > until meringues are crispy outside but still soft inside. Let cool.
    >
    > [Meringues can be stored, uncovered, at room temperature for up to 8
    > hours.]
    >
    > Three-Berry Compote: Pure 1 cup of the raspberries; pressing through
    > sieve into sauce pan. Stir in icing sugar; cook over low heat just
    > until heated through. Stir in strawberries, blueberries and
    >remaining
    > raspberries. Let cool.
    >
    > [Compote can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 day.]
    >
    > To serve, place 1 meringue on each plate. Spoon compote next to
    > meringue.
    >
    > Serve with whipped cream and a macadamia nut or almond praline, and
    > fresh mint.
    >
    >MMMMM
    >
    >MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
    >
    > Title: Pavlova with a Twist
    > Categories: Desserts
    > Yield: 1 Servings
    >
    > 5 Egg whites
    > 2 ts Cornflour
    > 1 ts Malt vinegar
    > 10 oz Caster sugar
    > 1/2 ts Vanilla essence
    > Filling
    > 1/2 pt Cream
    > 3 ts Castor sugar
    > 1 ts Orange flavoured liqueur
    > (I use Grand Marnier)
    > 1 lb Fresh fruit salad
    >
    > Draw a 9" circle on a baking sheet, preheat oven to to a cool 150C
    >or 300F.
    >
    > Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 4 oz of the sugar and continue
    > beating for one minute or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
    >
    > Fold in remaining sugar, cornflour, vanilla and vinegar.
    >
    > Spoon 1/3 of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet and spread
    > out into the shape of the circle. Put remainder of the mixture in a
    > piping bag and pipe around the edge of the circle.
    >
    > Bake for 1 1/2 hours (yes 90 minutes) until firm and very lightly
    >browned. Allow to cool completely.
    >
    > Whip the cream and fold in the sugar and the liqueur. Fill the
    > meringue case with the cream, and then pile the fruit salad in the
    > centre on top of it.
    >
    >
    >
    >MMMMM
    >
    >MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
    >
    > Title: Pavlova Downunder
    > Categories: Desserts
    > Yield: 6 Servings
    >
    > 6 ea EGG WHITES
    > 1 1/2 c FRUIT SUGAR, VERY FINE
    > 1 tb CORNSTARCH
    > 1 1/2 ts VINEGAR
    > 1 1/2 c WHIPPING CREAM [1 PINT]
    > STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRIES,
    > KIWI, PASSION FRUIT OR OTHER
    >
    > Beat egg whites with 1/2 c sugar until stiff add remaining sugar and
    > beat until dissolved. Folding in add sifted cornstarch and vinegar
    > folding lightly but throughly. Turn onto foil covered cook sheet.
    > shape into cake shape, raising sides jast a little Bake at 325* for
    > 15 minutes,reduce heat Bake at 300* for 30 minutes, reduce heat bake
    > at 275* for 30 minutes, turn off oven and leave cake in until cold.
    > Top should collapse. Fill with whipped, whipping cream and decorate
    > with fresh fruit. This looks very nice with a little fresh fruit
    > folded into cream, but not to much. ~----
    >
    >MMMMM
    >
    >MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
    >
    > Title: Lemon Curd Pavlova
    > Categories: Desserts
    > Yield: 8 Servings
    >
    > 3/4 c Granulated sugar
    > 2 tb Cornstarch
    > 2/3 c Lemon juice
    > 2 tb Coarsely grated lemon rind
    > 3 Eggs
    > 3 Egg yolks
    > 1/3 c Unsalted butter
    > 1 1/2 c Whipping cream
    > GARNISH;
    > 2 Kiwi fruit
    > 1 c Frozen raspberries, slightly
    > -thawed
    > Mint leaves
    > LEMON PAVLOVA
    > 4 Egg whites
    > 1 pn Of cream of tartar
    > 2/3 c Granulated sugar
    > 1/3 c Icing sugar
    > 1 tb Cornstarch
    > 1/4 ts Finely grated lemon rind
    > 1 tb Lemon juice
    >
    > LEMON CURD FILLING;
    >
    > LEMON CURD FILLING; In heavy sauce pan, whisk together sugar, corn
    > starch, lemon juice, rinds, eggs and yolks until well blended. Cook
    > over medium low heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring constantly while
    > mixture comes to gentle boil, until smooth and thickened, and no
    > taste of cornstarch remains. Remove from heat and strain immediately
    > into heatproof bowl, discarding rind. Stir in butter until melted.
    > Cover surface with waxed paper. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
    >
    > LEMON PAVLOVA; Line large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment
    > paper or greased foil. Draw outline for 9 inch circle, set aside.
    >In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks
    > form. Gradually beat in half of the granulated sugar until stiff
    > glossy peaks form. In seperate bowl, combine remaining sugar with
    > icing sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over egg whites; add lemon rind
    > and juice and fold together until smooth. Scoop out onto circle;
    >form into nest-shape, making side higher than middle. Bake in 275
    >oven for about 1 - 1/2 hours or until outside is crisp and very light
    >gold.
    > Let cool completely; transfer to doily-lined serving plate. (Can be
    > made a few hours before serving)
    >
    >TO SERVE; whip cream until stiff. Beat Lemon Curd Filling briefly to
    >lighten. Stir in one-third of the whipped cream; fold in remainder.
    > Mound in Pavlova nest, letting some overflow slightly Peel and slice
    > kiwi fruit thinly; arrange kiwi slices, raspberries and mint leaves
    > on top. To serve, cut with serrated knife. Makes 8 - 10 servings.
    >
    >MMMMM
    >
    >MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
    >
    > Title: Fall Feast - Pavlova
    > Categories: Desserts
    > Yield: 6 Servings
    >
    > 4 Egg whites
    > 1 pn Salt
    > 1 c Granulated sugar
    > 1 tb White vinegar
    >
    >MMMMM--------------------------TOPPINGS-------------------------------
    > 2 c Whipping cream
    > Grapes
    > Blue plums
    > Yellow plums
    > Blueberries
    >
    > Top this dessert with ripe fall fruit or your choice.
    > Preheat oven to 275F 140C. Line a large cookie shet withparchment
    > paper.
    > In an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks
    >form. Gradually add sugar, 2 tb at a time, beating well after each
    >addition.
    >
    > Add vinegar and heat the mixture until thick, glossy and stiff
    >enough o support the beater. Mound the meringue onto a cook sheet in
    >an 8-inch circle. Bake for 1 1/4 hours. The meringue mixture should be
    >cream-coloured and crisp. Bake another 15 minutes if the outside is
    >still stuck. Cool and remove from paper onto a serving plate.
    >
    > In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until still peaks form. Cover
    > meringue with cream and decorate with fruit.
    >
    >MMMMM
    >


    Found this in the database, it's off Glens site

    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Hazelnut Pavlova with Chocolate Sauce
    Categories: Dessert
    Yield: 8 Servings

    4 Egg whites
    1 pn Salt
    1 1/2 c Sugar
    1 1/2 ts Vinegar
    1 1/2 ts Vanilla
    1 c Ground hazelnuts

    MMMMM----------------------CHOCOLATE SAUCE---------------------------

    1 pk (large) semi-sweet
    -chocolate; melted in
    -double boiler
    Cointreau

    Oil and flour a 9" springform tin. Preheat oven to 300.

    Beat egg whites and salt at full speed until they stand in peaks.
    Sift sugar and sprinkle in 1 tablespoon at a time, still beating on
    high speed. Fold in the vinegar, vanilla, and hazelnuts.

    Pour into prepared tin and bake at 300 for 1 hour. Turn off heat
    and
    leave pan in oven until it is cold. When it is cold, remove it from
    tin (it will collapse slightly).

    Before serving, fill the center with vanilla ice cream (you can also
    used whipped cream), and pour over the chocolate sauce, then
    sprinkle more chopped hazelnuts on top.

    Chocolate Sauce: She did not give me any measurements for the sauce
    (and I haven't made it in about 10 years and don't remember how much
    I put in - possible 1 or 2 tablespoons), so I guess just add the
    Cointreau "to taste". (actually, if you "taste" too often, you may
    not be able to taste anymore - which may also be the reason I don't
    remember how much I put in!!!!).

    From Glens Archive which isn't there anymore
    http://www.erols.com/hosey.

    MMMMM

  4. #4
    Kris Guest

    Default Re: Strawberry Pavlova

    On Apr 14, 6:52*am, "slkristi...@googlemail.com"
    <slkristi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
    > With thanks tohttp://www.cooktonight.co.uki made a great Strawberry
    > Pavlova for my garden party yesterday.http://www.cooktonight.co.uk/recipes...strawberry_pav....
    > I had not realised how easy it was to make and its got the chewy
    > rather than the crunchy recipe i had before. Does any one else have
    > different recipes?


    Is the recipe intentionally chewy or was it a bit humid when you baked
    them? (Although I'm sure they're delicious either way! )

    Kris

  5. #5
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Strawberry Pavlova

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Kris <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Apr 14, 6:52*am, "slkristi...@googlemail.com"
    > <slkristi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
    > > With thanks tohttp://www.cooktonight.co.uki made a great Strawberry
    > > Pavlova for my garden party
    > > yesterday.http://www.cooktonight.co.uk/recipes...al/strawberry_

    (snip)
    > Is the recipe intentionally chewy or was it a bit humid when you baked
    > them? (Although I'm sure they're delicious either way! )
    >
    > Kris


    From the recipe site: "2) Add in the vinegar, cornflour, vannaila and
    whisk for 10 seconds. These ingrediants will make this pavlova slightly
    sticky/chewy as well as crunchy."
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
    "What you say about someone else says more
    about you than it does about the other person."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32