Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Speaking of Coleslaw...

  1. #1
    Corey Richardson Guest

    Default Speaking of Coleslaw...

    Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?

    1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    1/4 Cup of Milk
    1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    2 Tablespoons of minced Onion



  2. #2
    cshenk Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    "Corey Richardson" wrote

    > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >
    > 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    > 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    > 1/4 Cup of Milk
    > 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    > 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    > 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    > 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    > 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    > 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    > 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    > 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion


    Well, If you want a sweet liquid slaw, with no bite to it, yes. It will
    taste like sugared slaw in miracle whip.

    I personally cant abide such, but many do like it.

    Here is a completely different bent and you can adapt to what is around your
    area.


    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

    Title: Xxcarol's Japan Coleslaw
    Categories: Salads, Xxcarol, Japan
    Yield: 3 Servings

    3 c Nappa cabbage, shredded
    1 c Brussels sprouts
    1/2 c Daikon radish; grated
    1 lg Carrot; grated
    1/2 c Celery
    1/4 c Minced onion
    3 tb Hot/Sweet Mustard or Mirin
    5 tb Mayonnaise

    I love coleslaw and here is a slight variation based on what is
    available in Japan. Note you can make it with hot-sweet mustard or
    Mirin.

    Mix it all together after chopping the ingredients finely or grating
    them. Let set for an hour so so to let it develop.

    From the Sasebo Kitchen of: xxcarol

    MMMMM




  3. #3
    Corey Richardson Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:29:18 -0400, "cshenk" <[email protected]> wrote:


    > 3 tb Hot/Sweet Mustard or Mirin


    Thank you for a great looking recipe.

    I adore Coleslaw too!

    Do you think that substituting that part of the above recipe with
    Horseradish would be ok?



  4. #4
    Paul M. Cook Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...


    "Corey Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >
    > 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    > 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    > 1/4 Cup of Milk
    > 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    > 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    > 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    > 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    > 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    > 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    > 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    > 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion


    I've never made slaw with sugar and it was never missed. Carrots are plenty
    sweet enough as is cabbage. Just try making cabbage juice to see how sweet
    it really is (yummy stuff, and great for the colon.) Other than that it
    looks OK. Horseradish and cabbage are complimentary.

    Paul



  5. #5
    Corey Richardson Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:44:39 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Corey Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]. .
    >> Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >>
    >> 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    >> 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    >> 1/4 Cup of Milk
    >> 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    >> 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    >> 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    >> 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    >> 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    >> 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    >> 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    >> 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion

    >
    >I've never made slaw with sugar and it was never missed. Carrots are plenty
    >sweet enough as is cabbage. Just try making cabbage juice to see how sweet
    >it really is (yummy stuff, and great for the colon.) Other than that it
    >looks OK. Horseradish and cabbage are complimentary.
    >
    >Paul


    Thanks.

    Someone e-mailed the recipe to me but I wondered about the amount of
    sugar. (high?)

    I'd probably increase the onion in it too (I like onion) and add some
    Horseradish.

  6. #6
    lgblob Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...


    "Corey Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >
    > 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    > 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    > 1/4 Cup of Milk
    > 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    > 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    > 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    > 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    > 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    > 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    > 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    > 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion
    >
    >

    This is the same recipe I have been given for KFC Coleslaw. I use 1/2 cup
    buttermilk and no milk.




  7. #7
    Cindy Hamilton Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    On Aug 26, 8:51*pm, Corey Richardson <coreyrchr...@googlemail.com>
    wrote:

    > Someone e-mailed the recipe to me but I wondered about the amount of
    > sugar. (high?)


    Sounds about right for KFC.

    I like my coleslaw dressed with a little red wine vinegar (or lemon
    juice)
    and extra-virgin olive oil.


    Cindy Hamilton

  8. #8
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    On Aug 26, 7:19*pm, Corey Richardson <coreyrchr...@googlemail.com>
    wrote:
    > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >
    > 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    > 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    > 1/4 Cup of Milk
    > 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    > 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    > 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    > 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    > 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    > 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    > 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    > 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion


    I haven't ever noticed that they have onion in it.

    N.

  9. #9
    Lynn from Fargo Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    On Aug 27, 10:55*am, Nancy2 <nancy-doo...@uiowa.edu> wrote:
    > On Aug 26, 7:19*pm, Corey Richardson <coreyrchr...@googlemail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?

    >
    > > 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    > > 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    > > 1/4 Cup of Milk
    > > 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    > > 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    > > 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    > > 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    > > 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    > > 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    > > 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    > > 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion

    >
    > I haven't ever noticed that they have onion in it.
    >
    > N.


    They don't.
    Lynn in Fargo

  10. #10
    cshenk Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    "Corey Richardson" wrote
    "cshenk" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> 3 tb Hot/Sweet Mustard or Mirin

    >
    > Thank you for a great looking recipe.
    >
    > I adore Coleslaw too!
    >
    > Do you think that substituting that part of the above recipe with
    > Horseradish would be ok?


    Oh yes! Thats a variation. BTW, you may not like the mirin version. If
    going to try that, omit it from the base recipe at the start then pull off a
    little on the side and try just a touch and see if the flavor appeals. It's
    a special sort I learned in Japan from a lady who was german and had adapted
    from a wine version she grew up with to mirin.

    Mix the horseradish with sour cream or mayo (your choice) til desired
    hotness.

    The one I posted is using a prepared mustard and quite spicy, depending on
    brand used. if you are not used to much heat (seems you are), start with 1
    TB then taste test and add up to your level with either the hot mustard or
    the horseradish of choice.



  11. #11
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    Corey Richardson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?


    How much more of a troll and supreme dumbass can you be? You start
    a crossposted thread at 6:30pm entitled "Coleslaw".

    Then 45 minutes later you start a *new* thread, uselessly
    crossposted *again*, entitled "Speaking of coleslaw".

    You're just an atypical, dumbassed troll.

    -sw

  12. #12
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Speaking of Coleslaw...

    Lynn from Fargo wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 10:55 am, Nancy2 <nancy-doo...@uiowa.edu> wrote:
    >> On Aug 26, 7:19 pm, Corey Richardson <coreyrchr...@googlemail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does this recipe for KFC Coleslaw sound correct?
    >>> 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
    >>> 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
    >>> 1/4 Cup of Milk
    >>> 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
    >>> 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
    >>> 1 1/2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
    >>> 1/2 Of one teaspoon of Salt
    >>> 1/8 Of one teaspoon of Pepper
    >>> 8 Cups of shredded Cabbage
    >>> 1/4 Of one cup shredded Carrot
    >>> 2 Tablespoons of minced Onion

    >> I haven't ever noticed that they have onion in it.
    >>
    >> N.

    >
    > They don't.
    > Lynn in Fargo


    From their web site:

    Cole Slaw
    Vegetables: Chopped Cabbage, Carrots, and Onions.....

    I can certainly taste the onion in it. You can't have cole slaw
    without it, IMO.

    -sw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32