Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: For Sky and Bob T.

  1. #1
    Christine Dabney Guest

    Default For Sky and Bob T.


  2. #2
    Felice Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.


    "Christine Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]..
    > Just saw this post..
    >
    > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...ached-egg.html
    >
    > Christine
    > --
    > http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com


    So I sneaked a peek at the message even if I'm not Sky or Bob T. Good golly,
    I've never seen such a gorgeous breakfast plate. Grits 'n' sausage are a
    standard for me, but I love the idea of a runny soft-boiled egg alongside.
    Thanks!

    Felice



  3. #3
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    In article <hm6807$jh5$[email protected]>,
    "Felice" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Christine Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news[email protected]..
    > > Just saw this post..
    > >
    > > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...-with-sausage-
    > > and-poached-egg.html
    > >
    > > Christine
    > > --
    > > http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

    >
    > So I sneaked a peek at the message even if I'm not Sky or Bob T. Good golly,
    > I've never seen such a gorgeous breakfast plate. Grits 'n' sausage are a
    > standard for me, but I love the idea of a runny soft-boiled egg alongside.
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Felice


    Looks evil. <g>
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  4. #4
    Sky Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    Christine Dabney wrote:
    >
    > Just saw this post..
    >
    > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...ached-egg.html



    Thanks so much for the link, Christine What an interesting read.
    I'm delighted to see that Ruhlman also uses "grits" in the plural sense
    and not singular --- although technically grits is singular when it
    comes to grammar, eh?! <G>. Many folks like to include an egg (fried
    over-easy or poached) with their grits and sausage Not an uncommon
    practice. However, the availability of intant grits should be illegal
    <VBG!>. In most markets where only quick grits is available, that's not
    a big deal --- just add more water & cook a lot longer - works every
    time.

    Sky

    --
    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

  5. #5
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    Christine provided:

    > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...ached-egg.html


    Well... I rarely make grits anymore, since Lin doesn't like them very much.
    (Doesn't like the soft-polenta texture, and doesn't like hominy at all.)
    Even when I do make grits, I generally only make enough for me to consume at
    that meal, so there's no leftovers. But I'll keep this in mind if the
    circumstance ever arises. :-)

    Bob


  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:07:51 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Well... I rarely make grits anymore, since Lin doesn't like them very much.


    Tell Lin I said to try fried mush... just one tiny bite. Serve it
    with maple syrup. Mmmm.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  7. #7
    piedmont Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    On 2/25/2010 2:52 AM, Christine Dabney wrote:
    > Just saw this post..
    >
    > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...ached-egg.html
    >
    > Christine

    It wasn't until moving to SC that I began to appreciate grits, not that
    I'm in love with them. But I have learned how they are served, at least
    in my little neck of the woods.

    There is a great local restaurant called Jomars in Lancaster, SC. They
    have a fantastic buffet with SC fare.

    Anyway, the locals never eat grits like we Northerners tried to eat
    them, as if they were oatmeal and loaded up with cream, butter and brown
    sugar.

    They eat grits as a base or bed, then apply scrambled eggs, and/or
    cheese with sides of bacon or breakfast sausage and stir it up a wee bit.

    Some of the best grits I ate were the ones Big Jim did down at a cook
    out at Bob and Gingers, Lots of cheese's!

    --
    regards, mike
    piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
    http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
    (mawil55)

  8. #8
    Sky Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    piedmont wrote:
    >
    > On 2/25/2010 2:52 AM, Christine Dabney wrote:
    > > Just saw this post..
    > >
    > > http://blog.ruhlman.com/2010/02/how-...ached-egg.html
    > >
    > > Christine

    > It wasn't until moving to SC that I began to appreciate grits, not that
    > I'm in love with them. But I have learned how they are served, at least
    > in my little neck of the woods.
    >
    > There is a great local restaurant called Jomars in Lancaster, SC. They
    > have a fantastic buffet with SC fare.
    >
    > Anyway, the locals never eat grits like we Northerners tried to eat
    > them, as if they were oatmeal and loaded up with cream, butter and brown
    > sugar.
    >
    > They eat grits as a base or bed, then apply scrambled eggs, and/or
    > cheese with sides of bacon or breakfast sausage and stir it up a wee bit.
    >
    > Some of the best grits I ate were the ones Big Jim did down at a cook
    > out at Bob and Gingers, Lots of cheese's!


    Cooked grits served "plain" (straight up) is always "raw" <---
    Blech!!!!! <G> Whenever I make grits, it's always served with something
    else mixed in, whether it's various cheeses (usually just one sort) and
    chives, or crumbled bacon or sliced sausage links (cooked), etc.
    Anything used to make fancy mashed or baked potatoes can be used to
    'dress up' grits. Baked cheese grits with or without additional main
    ingredients is also very good, too. The possibilities are nearly
    endless I imagine a person can even mix in peas or broccoli or corn
    or other veggies, too --- not that I would personally!!

    Sky, a grits officionada and GRITS

    --
    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

  9. #9
    The Ranger Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    Sky <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    [snip]

    > Cooked grits served "plain" (straight up) is always "raw" <---
    > Blech!!!!!


    I *KNEW* it! I knew you weren't all evil!

    The "Grit Free" Ranger



  10. #10
    Bruce Guest

    Default Re: For Sky and Bob T.

    The Ranger wrote:
    > Sky<[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > [snip]
    >
    >
    >> Cooked grits served "plain" (straight up) is always "raw"<---
    >> Blech!!!!!
    >>

    > I *KNEW* it! I knew you weren't all evil!
    >
    > The "Rump" Ranger
    >
    >
    >

    How nice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32