Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Simplest supper.

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default Simplest supper.

    Simplest supper.

    Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.

    Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten days of
    "get rid of it" mayhem.

    Tapping fingers...

    Andy

  2. #2
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On Wed, 02 May 2012 19:02:21 -0500, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Simplest supper.
    >
    >Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.


    My supper was simpler:
    Three fried eggs over easy on rye toast.

    >Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten days of
    >"get rid of it" mayhem.
    >
    >Tapping fingers...


    Snap pics... before, during, and after.

  3. #3
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    I posted pics from a dumpster a few years ago.

    I'm not afraid of parting with "stuff!"

    I'm only guilty of letting "stuff" lay around practically forever! ))

    Andy

  4. #4
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > Simplest supper.
    >
    > Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >
    > Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten days of
    > "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >
    > Tapping fingers...
    >
    > Andy


    I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    olives.



  5. #5
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> Simplest supper.
    >>
    >> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >>
    >> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    >> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>
    >> Tapping fingers...
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    > olives.



    I've heard of naan before.

    What is it?

    Andy

    I'm up way past my bedtime!

  6. #6
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On Wed, 02 May 2012 21:51:35 -0500, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>> Simplest supper.
    >>>
    >>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >>>
    >>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    >>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>>
    >>> Tapping fingers...
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >>
    >> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    >> olives.

    >
    >
    >I've heard of naan before.
    >
    >What is it?

    ....

    It's an Indian flatbread. It's yummy! I like garlic naan myself.

    John Kuthe...

  7. #7
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>> Simplest supper.
    >>>
    >>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >>>
    >>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    >>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>>
    >>> Tapping fingers...
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >>
    >> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    >> olives.

    >
    >
    > I've heard of naan before.
    >
    > What is it?
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > I'm up way past my bedtime!


    It's an Indian flat bread.



  8. #8
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]..
    >>>> Simplest supper.
    >>>>
    >>>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with
    >>>> mayo.
    >>>>
    >>>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    >>>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>>>
    >>>> Tapping fingers...
    >>>>
    >>>> Andy
    >>>
    >>> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive
    >>> bar olives.

    >>
    >>
    >> I've heard of naan before.
    >>
    >> What is it?
    >>
    >> Andy
    >>
    >> I'm up way past my bedtime!

    >
    > It's an Indian flat bread.



    Julie,

    OK.

    Not something you find on supermarket shelves very often, I'm guessing.

    Thanks!

    Best,

    Andy

  9. #9
    ViLco Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    Brooklyn1 wrote:

    >> Simplest supper.
    >> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.


    > My supper was simpler:
    > Three fried eggs over easy on rye toast.


    You should have seen me yesyerday evening: rice with just EVO oil and some
    grated Bitto cheese




  10. #10
    George M. Middius Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    Andy wrote:

    > > It's an Indian flat bread.


    > Not something you find on supermarket shelves very often, I'm guessing.


    Stop guessing and go take a look.


  11. #11
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On May 2, 5:02*pm, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > Simplest supper.
    >
    > Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >
    > Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten days of
    > "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >
    > Tapping fingers...
    >
    > Andy


    I've been on a 'get rid of it' quest myself. Tons of books gone to
    the library and the living room and office totally rearranged, the
    kitchen and pantry are next. It's clean out time.

  12. #12
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    ImStillMags <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On May 2, 5:02*pm, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> Simplest supper.
    >>
    >> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >>
    >> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    >> days o

    > f
    >> "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>
    >> Tapping fingers...
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > I've been on a 'get rid of it' quest myself. Tons of books gone to
    > the library and the living room and office totally rearranged, the
    > kitchen and pantry are next. It's clean out time.



    ImStillMags,

    <G>

    I do the library donation thing also!

    If it feels good, do it! ))

    Best,

    Andy

  13. #13
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On May 3, 7:00*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > On May 2, 5:02*pm, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >> Simplest supper.

    >
    > >> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.

    >
    > >> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    > >> days o

    > > f
    > >> "get rid of it" mayhem.

    >
    > >> Tapping fingers...

    >
    > >> Andy

    >
    > > I've been on a 'get rid of it' quest myself. *Tons of books gone to
    > > the library and the living room and office totally rearranged, the
    > > kitchen and pantry are next. * It's clean out time.

    >
    > ImStillMags,
    >
    > <G>
    >
    > I do the library donation thing also!
    >
    > If it feels good, do it! ))
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy


    I think it is a physical manifestation of wanting to get rid of old
    "stuff" both in your personal make up as well as surroundings. A
    clean out to make room for higher 'vibes'.



  14. #14
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On 5/2/2012 10:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
    > "Andy"<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    >> Simplest supper.
    >>
    >> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.
    >>
    >> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten days of
    >> "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>
    >> Tapping fingers...
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    > olives.
    >
    >

    If you are really in a hurry: spaghetti sprinkled with olive oil,
    shredded mozzarella, salt and pepper and Parmesan is actually pretty good.

    You can be a little more creative by sauteing some garlic or onion while
    the pasta is cooking. If you add some chopped tomato to the onion,
    you've just about got spaghetti marinare.

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

  15. #15
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On May 3, 9:42*am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On May 2, 5:02*pm, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >
    > > Simplest supper.

    >
    > > Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.

    >
    > > Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten daysof
    > > "get rid of it" mayhem.

    >
    > > Tapping fingers...

    >
    > > Andy

    >
    > I've been on a 'get rid of it' quest myself. *Tons of books gone to
    > the library and the living room and office totally rearranged, the
    > kitchen and pantry are next. * It's clean out time.


    I gave away some books to a friend and said "When I go into assisted,
    I want to be pre-sorted."

    I am seriously thinking of weeding the cookbooks, not that i onw a
    million but, I like to pare down on everything I own. Some rarely
    worn clothes went yest. to a drive-by pickup for kidney foundation.

  16. #16
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On May 2, 11:25*pm, John Kuthe <JohnKu...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 May 2012 21:51:35 -0500, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >"Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]..
    > >>> Simplest supper.

    >
    > >>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with mayo.

    >
    > >>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    > >>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.

    >
    > >>> Tapping fingers...

    >
    > >>> Andy

    >
    > >> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive bar
    > >> olives.

    >
    > >I've heard of naan before.

    >
    > >What is it?

    >
    > ...
    >
    > It's an Indian flatbread. It's yummy! I like garlic naan myself.
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    There are some pretty good youtubers showing their naan methods.

  17. #17
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On May 3, 4:26*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    >
    > > "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]..
    > >> "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:

    >
    > >>> "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in message
    > >>>news:[email protected]..
    > >>>> Simplest supper.

    >
    > >>>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with
    > >>>> mayo.

    >
    > >>>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing ten
    > >>>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.

    >
    > >>>> Tapping fingers...

    >
    > >>>> Andy

    >
    > >>> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive
    > >>> bar olives.

    >
    > >> I've heard of naan before.

    >
    > >> What is it?

    >
    > >> Andy

    >
    > >> I'm up way past my bedtime!

    >
    > > It's an Indian flat bread.

    >
    > Julie,
    >
    > OK.
    >
    > Not something you find on supermarket shelves very often, I'm guessing.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy


    My mkt keeps it near the deli counters.

  18. #18
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    Kalmia <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On May 3, 4:26*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]..
    >> >> "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:

    >>
    >> >>> "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in message
    >> >>>news:[email protected]..
    >> >>>> Simplest supper.

    >>
    >> >>>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with
    >> >>>> mayo.

    >>
    >> >>>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing

    ten
    >> >>>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.

    >>
    >> >>>> Tapping fingers...

    >>
    >> >>>> Andy

    >>
    >> >>> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive
    >> >>> bar olives.

    >>
    >> >> I've heard of naan before.

    >>
    >> >> What is it?

    >>
    >> >> Andy

    >>
    >> >> I'm up way past my bedtime!

    >>
    >> > It's an Indian flat bread.

    >>
    >> Julie,
    >>
    >> OK.
    >>
    >> Not something you find on supermarket shelves very often, I'm

    guessing.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > My mkt keeps it near the deli counters.



    I'll ask at the deli counter next chance I get!

    Sounds popular.

    Thanks!

    Andy

  19. #19
    Nanzi Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    We put a 12 lb turkey on the Kamado yesterday. It was unstuffed, and was sosmokey good. We will enjoy a couple more meals then freeze some for an easy dinner. I surely did want some of the delicious stuffing I usually make,but on a keto food plan, no breads. And we didn't miss it when we were eating. Love our Kamado!! Now
    13 years old and going strong!!


  20. #20
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: Simplest supper.

    On 5/3/2012 10:55 AM, Andy wrote:
    > Kalmia<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On May 3, 4:26 am, Andy<a...@b.c> wrote:
    >>> "Julie Bove"<julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Andy"<a...@b.c> wrote in message
    >>>> news:[email protected]..
    >>>>> "Julie Bove"<julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>>> "Andy"<a...@b.c> wrote in message
    >>>>>> news:[email protected]..
    >>>>>>> Simplest supper.
    >>>
    >>>>>>> Roast turkey and American cheese on a toasted onion bagel with
    >>>>>>> mayo.
    >>>
    >>>>>>> Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's dumpster arrival and the ensuing

    > ten
    >>>>>>> days of "get rid of it" mayhem.
    >>>
    >>>>>>> Tapping fingers...
    >>>
    >>>>>>> Andy
    >>>
    >>>>>> I'm having naan, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, falafel and some olive
    >>>>>> bar olives.
    >>>
    >>>>> I've heard of naan before.
    >>>
    >>>>> What is it?
    >>>
    >>>>> Andy
    >>>
    >>>>> I'm up way past my bedtime!
    >>>
    >>>> It's an Indian flat bread.
    >>>
    >>> Julie,
    >>>
    >>> OK.
    >>>
    >>> Not something you find on supermarket shelves very often, I'm

    > guessing.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> Best,
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >>
    >> My mkt keeps it near the deli counters.

    >
    >
    > I'll ask at the deli counter next chance I get!
    >
    > Sounds popular.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Andy


    The local supermarket (Giant) usually has naan as does the expensive
    Balducci's.

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32