Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

  1. #1
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    haven't been able to make them since.

    I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma recipe.

    I cooked the pancakes very slowly.

    Maybe this recipe will work:
    http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...-pancakes.html

    Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  2. #2
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3e23g$aic$[email protected]..
    >I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago.


    The physical I had for bus driver job said my cholesterol was elevated. Do
    you have a low cholesterol recipe?

    It did say my hearing was excellent (for my age) but that does not really
    help much with reading long ass Vanity Fair articles.



  3. #3
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe


    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3e2lc$cr4$[email protected]..
    > "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:k3e23g$aic$[email protected]..
    >>I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago.

    >
    > The physical I had for bus driver job said my cholesterol was elevated.
    > Do you have a low cholesterol recipe?
    >
    > It did say my hearing was excellent (for my age) but that does not really
    > help much with reading long ass Vanity Fair articles.


    No, there are no shortcuts to pancake nirvana.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  4. #4
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    I prefer latkes... can you make those?

    People in Boston made some badass potato latkes.




  5. #5
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe


    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3e23g$aic$[email protected]..
    >I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    >haven't been able to make them since.
    >
    > I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma recipe.
    >
    > I cooked the pancakes very slowly.
    >
    > Maybe this recipe will work:
    > http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...-pancakes.html
    >
    > Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.
    >
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)


    Um... Newsflash! You can make *any* kind of pancakes into little ones.



  6. #6
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3e3cq$fhj$[email protected]..

    >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > Um... Newsflash! You can make *any* kind of pancakes into little ones.



    my mom had a pan that made magic pancakes. It had a degree thing and a
    button would go off when the heat was the right temp.

    my mom made the best pancakes.



  7. #7
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    On Sep 19, 8:21*pm, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    > I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    > haven't been able to make them since.
    >
    > I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma recipe.
    >
    > I cooked the pancakes very slowly.
    >
    > Maybe this recipe will work:http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...-pancakes.html
    >
    > Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.



    Most buttermilk you buy in the stores today is not 'real'
    buttermilk. Look at the label and see what is
    in there. Years ago it probably was the real thing. Hard to get
    these days.

    Here's a recent NY Times article about the real thing and how these
    people are bringing it back.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/di...pagewanted=all


  8. #8
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3e3c8$ffl$[email protected]..
    >I prefer latkes... can you make those?
    >
    > People in Boston made some badass potato latkes.


    Who doesn't like fried potatoes.

    But I've had some bad experiences in Boston delis. Some punk kids working at
    some of those delis.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  9. #9
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    ImStillMags wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 8:21 pm, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    >> I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    >> haven't been able to make them since.
    >>
    >> I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma
    >> recipe.
    >>
    >> I cooked the pancakes very slowly.
    >>
    >> Maybe this recipe will
    >> work:http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...-pancakes.html
    >>
    >> Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.

    >
    >
    > Most buttermilk you buy in the stores today is not 'real'
    > buttermilk. Look at the label and see what is
    > in there. Years ago it probably was the real thing. Hard to get
    > these days.
    >
    > Here's a recent NY Times article about the real thing and how these
    > people are bringing it back.
    >
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/di...pagewanted=all


    Thanks.

    I'm not giving up. One of these days I'll figure out how to make those magic
    pancakes again.

    You gotta smell the roses while you can though.

    Best pancakes ever.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  10. #10
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    Julie Bove wrote:
    > "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:k3e23g$aic$[email protected]..
    >> I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    >> haven't been able to make them since.
    >>
    >> I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma
    >> recipe. I cooked the pancakes very slowly.
    >>
    >> Maybe this recipe will work:
    >> http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...-pancakes.html
    >>
    >> Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.
    >>
    >>
    >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > Um... Newsflash! You can make *any* kind of pancakes into little ones.


    I haven't been able to recreate the pancakes I made years ago, so I'm trying
    to do everything the same.

    If making them smaller is helping to promote some chemical reaction between
    the buttermilk, the baking soda, and the baking powder, then I'm going to
    make them small.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  11. #11
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    Somebody wrote:
    > "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:k3e3cq$fhj$[email protected]..
    >
    >>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >>
    >> Um... Newsflash! You can make *any* kind of pancakes into little ones.

    >
    >
    > my mom had a pan that made magic pancakes. It had a degree thing and
    > a button would go off when the heat was the right temp.


    That could be it. I was using an electric griddle. Maybe I had it at just
    the right temperature.

    I cooked the pancakes very slowly.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  12. #12
    Chemo Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    On Sep 20, 10:12*am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com>
    wrote:
    > ImStillMags wrote:
    > > On Sep 19, 8:21 pm, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    > >> I made some _amazing_ silver dollar buttermilk pancakes, years ago. I
    > >> haven't been able to make them since.

    >
    > >> I refrigerated the batter overnight. It was the Williams Sonoma
    > >> recipe.

    >
    > >> I cooked the pancakes very slowly.

    >
    > >> Maybe this recipe will
    > >> work:http://www.kitchenminions.com/2010/0...pancakes..html

    >
    > >> Maybe I need to use a different brand of buttermilk.

    >
    > > Most buttermilk you buy in the stores today is not 'real'
    > > buttermilk. * Look at the label and see what is
    > > in there. * * *Years ago it probably was the real thing. * Hardto get
    > > these days.

    >
    > > Here's a recent NY Times article about the real thing and how these
    > > people are bringing it back.

    >
    > >http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/di...en-maligned-be...

    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > I'm not giving up. One of these days I'll figure out how to make those magic
    > pancakes again.
    >
    > You gotta smell the roses while you can though.
    >
    > Best pancakes ever.
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)


    You're a real ding dong!

  13. #13
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    On 20/09/2012 1:09 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
    > "Somebody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:k3e3c8$ffl$[email protected]..
    >> I prefer latkes... can you make those?
    >>
    >> People in Boston made some badass potato latkes.

    >
    > Who doesn't like fried potatoes.
    >
    > But I've had some bad experiences in Boston delis. Some punk kids working at
    > some of those delis.
    >
    >


    Why? Did they think your Poo routine was silly? Most adults do.



  14. #14
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    On 20/09/2012 10:19 AM, ImStillMags wrote:

    > Most buttermilk you buy in the stores today is not 'real'
    > buttermilk. Look at the label and see what is
    > in there. Years ago it probably was the real thing. Hard to get
    > these days.



    The buttermilk I get at the store tends to be so thick that it throws
    off the texture of the batter. It is usually way to thick, so I have to
    add more or add some regular mil to thin it out. Once adjusted, things
    turn out great.

    Since they sell buttermilk only by the litre her, and I rarely used even
    half of it in a recipe, I started buying powdered buttermilk at the bulk
    store. It isn't cheap, but it goes a long way, and I can make up just
    enough for the recipe I am working on.




  15. #15
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3fiq9$jjf$[email protected]..

    > Who doesn't like fried potatoes.
    >
    > But I've had some bad experiences in Boston delis. Some punk kids working
    > at some of those delis.


    you have to be aggressive with your order.



  16. #16
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:k3fj3p$lcr$[email protected]..

    >> my mom had a pan that made magic pancakes. It had a degree thing and
    >> a button would go off when the heat was the right temp.

    >
    > That could be it. I was using an electric griddle. Maybe I had it at just
    > the right temperature.
    >
    > I cooked the pancakes very slowly.


    she had it around 400 if I remember right.



  17. #17
    Gary Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Christopher M." wrote:
    >
    > Who doesn't like fried potatoes.


    Julie

    G.

  18. #18
    Chemo Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    On Sep 20, 12:46*pm, Gary <g.maj...@att.net> wrote:
    > "Christopher M." wrote:
    >
    > > Who doesn't like fried potatoes.

    >
    > Julie
    >
    > G.


    Bingo!

  19. #19
    Somebody Guest

    Default Re: Silver Dollar Buttermilk Pancakes recipe

    "Chemo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..

    Bingo!

    ---
    no soup for you.!.. potatoes in lentil soup is pretty good. I had that in
    Boston once.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32