Shrimp in Tomato Sauce over Pasta
Savor the aroma of a quick and easy homemade sauce
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:45 min
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small bunch scallions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup dry white wine or nonalcoholic white wine
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley or basil
12 fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Warm oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add scallions and
garlic. Cook 10 minutes, or just until scallions begin to turn
2. Add tomatoes, wine, sugar, and 1/2 cup parsley or basil. Heat to
boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or
until sauce is slightly thickened.
3. Add shrimp and return to a summer. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until
shrimp are opaque.
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain
and transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce and toss to mix.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup parsley or basil.
Re: Shrimp in Tomato Sauce over Pasta
"nvwebcook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Savor the aroma of a quick and easy homemade sauce
> Prep Time:15 min
> Start to Finish:45 min
> makes:4 servings
Sounds nice, natural, and light.