Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: review: vegetarian pasties

  1. #1
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default review: vegetarian pasties

    kinda boring


  2. #2
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >kinda boring


    So are vegitarians

  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > kinda boring


    Did you make them yourself?

    --
    I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

  4. #4
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> kinda boring

    >
    > Did you make them yourself?


    yep!

    I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    more livening. But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    make vegetable soup sexy."



  5. #5
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Aug 19, 4:34*pm, tert in seattle <t...@ftupet.com> wrote:
    > sf wrote:
    > > On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    > ><t...@ftupet.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> kinda boring

    >
    > > Did you make them yourself?

    >
    > yep!
    >
    > I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    > more livening. *But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    > disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    > make vegetable soup sexy."


    How did you attach them to the breasts?

  6. #6
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >tert in seattle wrote:
    >
    >> kinda boring

    >
    >Did you make them yourself?


    Try these:
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png

  7. #7
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    tert wrote:

    >>> kinda boring

    >>
    >> Did you make them yourself?

    >
    > yep!
    >
    > I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    > more livening. But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    > disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    > make vegetable soup sexy."


    Here are some alternative flavor ideas which I think might be more
    successful than the yogurt & dill addition. They're made with the assumption
    that you're not trying to make *vegan* pasties, you're just avoiding meat,
    fish, and fowl.

    1. Curry powder and yogurt
    2. Parmesan cheese
    3. Duxelles and burgundy
    4. Dry mustard, cider vinegar, garlic, scallions, dill, oregano, and basil
    (Those are some of the flavor components of ranch dressing.)
    5. Harissa
    6. Baharat


    Bob



  8. #8
    sf Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:34:09 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    > > On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> kinda boring

    > >
    > > Did you make them yourself?

    >
    > yep!
    >
    > I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    > more livening. But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    > disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    > make vegetable soup sexy."
    >

    Don't give up. I bet you could use the same vegetable filling and
    jazz it up with garlic, thyme etc etc. You're a good cook, try it
    again!

    --
    I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

  9. #9
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    Bob Terwilliger wrote:
    > tert wrote:
    >
    >>>> kinda boring
    >>>
    >>> Did you make them yourself?

    >>
    >> yep!
    >>
    >> I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    >> more livening. But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    >> disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    >> make vegetable soup sexy."

    >
    > Here are some alternative flavor ideas which I think might be more
    > successful than the yogurt & dill addition. They're made with the assumption
    > that you're not trying to make *vegan* pasties, you're just avoiding meat,
    > fish, and fowl.
    >
    > 1. Curry powder and yogurt
    > 2. Parmesan cheese
    > 3. Duxelles and burgundy
    > 4. Dry mustard, cider vinegar, garlic, scallions, dill, oregano, and basil
    > (Those are some of the flavor components of ranch dressing.)
    > 5. Harissa
    > 6. Baharat


    no I'm not doing vegan, just no animal parts...I was trying to mantain
    the simplicity of the Basic Pasty this first go around but will push
    outside my self imposed boundaries for the next attempt


  10. #10
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:34:09 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> sf wrote:
    >> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:22:29 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    >> ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> kinda boring
    >> >
    >> > Did you make them yourself?

    >>
    >> yep!
    >>
    >> I put a little dill & yogurt in there to liven things up ... still needs
    >> more livening. But it reminds me of what someone once said when I was
    >> disappointed with my first attempt at vegetable soup ... "it's hard to
    >> make vegetable soup sexy."
    >>

    > Don't give up. I bet you could use the same vegetable filling and
    > jazz it up with garlic, thyme etc etc. You're a good cook, try it
    > again!


    thanks - I will not give up that easily! you can do a lot inside a
    pie crust



  11. #11
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    Brooklyn1 wrote:
    > sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>tert in seattle wrote:
    >>
    >>> kinda boring

    >>
    >>Did you make them yourself?

    >
    > Try these:
    > http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png


    Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.


  12. #12
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:11:10 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

    > Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >> sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>tert in seattle wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> kinda boring
    >>>
    >>>Did you make them yourself?

    >>
    >> Try these:
    >> http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png

    >
    > Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    > to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.


    he *lurves* him some deformed women...

    your pal,
    blake

  13. #13
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:41:13 -0400, blake murphy
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:11:10 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
    >
    >> Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >>> sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>>tert in seattle wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> kinda boring
    >>>>
    >>>>Did you make them yourself?
    >>>
    >>> Try these:
    >>> http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png

    >>
    >> Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    >> to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.

    >
    >he *lurves* him some deformed women...


    Wouldya just lookit who's talkin' 'bout *deformed* women, stumpy
    mickette, the emaciated irish freak. LOL-LOL

    The Scotsmen let the mick under their kilts, he plays their bagpipe
    and no one knows he's there.... N0-Legs!!!

    Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

  14. #14
    tert in seattle Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    Brooklyn1 wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:41:13 -0400, blake murphy
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:11:10 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
    >>
    >>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >>>> sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>>>tert in seattle wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> kinda boring
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Did you make them yourself?
    >>>>
    >>>> Try these:
    >>>> http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png
    >>>
    >>> Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    >>> to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.

    >>
    >>he *lurves* him some deformed women...

    >
    > Wouldya just lookit who's talkin' 'bout *deformed* women, stumpy
    > mickette, the emaciated irish freak. LOL-LOL
    >
    > The Scotsmen let the mick under their kilts, he plays their bagpipe
    > and no one knows he's there.... N0-Legs!!!
    >
    > Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .


    I start an innocent thread about wholesome food and this is where it ends up

    sigh;


  15. #15
    sf Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:56:22 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I start an innocent thread about wholesome food and this is where it ends up
    >
    > sigh;


    Look who it is. No surprise there.

    --
    I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

  16. #16
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:56:22 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:41:13 -0400, blake murphy
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:11:10 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >>>>> sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>>>>tert in seattle wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> kinda boring
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Did you make them yourself?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Try these:
    >>>>> http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png
    >>>>
    >>>> Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    >>>> to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.
    >>>
    >>>he *lurves* him some deformed women...

    >>
    >> Wouldya just lookit who's talkin' 'bout *deformed* women, stumpy
    >> mickette, the emaciated irish freak. LOL-LOL
    >>
    >> The Scotsmen let the mick under their kilts, he plays their bagpipe
    >> and no one knows he's there.... N0-Legs!!!
    >>
    >> Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

    >
    >I start an innocent thread about wholesome food and this is where it ends up
    >
    >sigh;


    So why did you reply?






  17. #17
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: review: vegetarian pasties

    In article <[email protected]>,
    tert in seattle <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Brooklyn1 wrote:
    > > On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:41:13 -0400, blake murphy
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:11:10 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
    > >>>> sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >>>>>tert in seattle wrote:
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>> kinda boring
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>Did you make them yourself?
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Try these:
    > >>>> http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la...70eyo1_500.png
    > >>>
    > >>> Knowing Sheldon, fortunately I don't even need to follow this link
    > >>> to know it is not food related ... possibly milk related though.
    > >>
    > >>he *lurves* him some deformed women...

    > >
    > > Wouldya just lookit who's talkin' 'bout *deformed* women, stumpy
    > > mickette, the emaciated irish freak. LOL-LOL
    > >
    > > The Scotsmen let the mick under their kilts, he plays their bagpipe
    > > and no one knows he's there.... N0-Legs!!!
    > >
    > > Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

    >
    > I start an innocent thread about wholesome food and this is where it ends up
    >
    > sigh;


    Welcome to usenet...
    --
    Peace, Om
    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>

    "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    -- Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32