REC: Saffron eggnog.... to ease the stress of Xmas
James Wong’s recipes will calm and sooth the stress that comes with
Christmas. There’s also a little something to alleviate the often
embarrassing effects of over-indulgence at your Christmas feast or
SOOTH YOUR STRESS
Anti-anxiety Saffron Eggnog
Saffron comprises a mix of active ingredients such as Crocins and
Safranal, which are thought to have an anti-depressant effect and help
ease anxiety. James Wong’s Saffron Eggnog is the ideal stress soother for
the busy festive season.
1. Pour 500ml milk into a saucepan.
2. Add 3 pinches of saffron, two bay leaves and two dried orange segments.
3. As the liquid simmers, add 3tbsps of golden syrup, 200mL cream.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes until the saffron has infused the milk.
5. Fish out the orange and bay leaves.
6. In a bowl, break three eggs and whisk saffron mixture into it.
7. Place bowl over a saucepan with water and stir continuously until it
thickens to a custardy consistency.
8. Remove from the heat, pour into a jug and allow to cool.
9. Then add 150ml white rum.
10. Bottle and fridge the eggnog for 8 hours.
11. Serve in small glasses, with a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"
Re: Saffron eggnog.... to ease the stress of Xmas
Captain Peter Swallows quoted:
> Saffron comprises a mix of active ingredients such as Crocins and
> Safranal, which are thought to have an anti-depressant effect and help
> ease anxiety.
That's odd; I've never seen anyone calmed down by saffron. Quite the
opposite, in fact. Sounds like quackery to me.