Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

  1. #1
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    On Jul 21, 2:39*pm, TheWanderer <tcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Investigators had a "significant break" in
    > tracking the salmonella outbreak when they found the bacteria on a
    > jalape˝o pepper imported from Mexico at a Texas food supplier, the
    > Food and Drug Administration announced Monday.
    >
    > The FDA also warned consumers not to eat fresh jalape˝os and products
    > made with fresh jalape˝os.
    >
    > The discovery may provide a clue to the source of a recent outbreak of
    > Salmonella Saintpaul. The bacteria have sickened more than 1,200
    > people in 42 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and
    > Prevention.
    >
    > "One of the jalape˝o peppers has tested positive with a genetic match
    > to the Saintpaul strand," said Robert Tauxe, deputy director of the
    > CDC's Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases.
    >
    > He said officials are "looking at the chain that the peppers would
    > have passed through to decide if any of them are a point of
    > contamination."
    >
    > Tauxe called the discovery a "significant break."
    >
    > "While this one sample does not give us the whole story, this genetic
    > break is very important," he said. "This will hopefully help us
    > pinpoint the source of this outbreak."
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...lmonella/index....


    Yes, the filthy mestizoes relieve themselves right in fields.

    mitch

    http://www.numbersusa.com/ NumbersUSA


  2. #2
    MuttonJeff Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    On Jul 21, 7:02*pm, hp...@lycos.com wrote:
    > On Jul 21, 2:39*pm, TheWanderer <tcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Investigators had a "significant break" in
    > > tracking the salmonella outbreak when they found the bacteria on a
    > > jalape˝o pepper imported from Mexico at a Texas food supplier, the
    > > Food and Drug Administration announced Monday.

    >
    > > The FDA also warned consumers not to eat fresh jalape˝os and products
    > > made with fresh jalape˝os.

    >
    > > The discovery may provide a clue to the source of a recent outbreak of
    > > Salmonella Saintpaul. The bacteria have sickened more than 1,200
    > > people in 42 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and
    > > Prevention.

    >
    > > "One of the jalape˝o peppers has tested positive with a genetic match
    > > to the Saintpaul strand," said Robert Tauxe, deputy director of the
    > > CDC's Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases.

    >
    > > He said officials are "looking at the chain that the peppers would
    > > have passed through to decide if any of them are a point of
    > > contamination."

    >
    > > Tauxe called the discovery a "significant break."

    >
    > > "While this one sample does not give us the whole story, this genetic
    > > break is very important," he said. "This will hopefully help us
    > > pinpoint the source of this outbreak."

    >
    > >http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...lmonella/index....

    >
    > Yes, the filthy mestizoes relieve themselves right in fields.
    >
    > mitch
    >
    > http://www.numbersusa.com/*NumbersUSA- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    It's called "Mexxkin fertilizer".

  3. #3
    Janet Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers


    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    On Jul 21, 2:39 pm, TheWanderer <tcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Investigators had a "significant break" in
    > tracking the salmonella outbreak when they found the bacteria on a
    > jalape˝o pepper imported from Mexico at a Texas food supplier, the
    > Food and Drug Administration announced Monday.
    >
    > The FDA also warned consumers not to eat fresh jalape˝os and products
    > made with fresh jalape˝os.
    >
    > The discovery may provide a clue to the source of a recent outbreak of
    > Salmonella Saintpaul. The bacteria have sickened more than 1,200
    > people in 42 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and
    > Prevention.
    >
    > "One of the jalape˝o peppers has tested positive with a genetic match
    > to the Saintpaul strand," said Robert Tauxe, deputy director of the
    > CDC's Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases.
    >
    > He said officials are "looking at the chain that the peppers would
    > have passed through to decide if any of them are a point of
    > contamination."
    >
    > Tauxe called the discovery a "significant break."
    >
    > "While this one sample does not give us the whole story, this genetic
    > break is very important," he said. "This will hopefully help us
    > pinpoint the source of this outbreak."
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...lmonella/index....


    Yes, the filthy mestizoes relieve themselves right in fields.

    mitch

    http://www.numbersusa.com/ NumbersUSA

    You meant to say "the cheapskate employers don't provide portajohns or
    breaks?"



  4. #4
    Chile Fiend Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    "Janet" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6eku94F7goa1U1
    @mid.individual.net:

    >
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:36e81847-5014-46a9-b695-edcc3de27144

    @x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
    > On Jul 21, 2:39 pm, TheWanderer <tcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Investigators had a "significant break" in
    >> tracking the salmonella outbreak when they found the bacteria on a
    >> jalape˝o pepper imported from Mexico at a Texas food supplier, the
    >> Food and Drug Administration announced Monday.
    >>
    >> The FDA also warned consumers not to eat fresh jalape˝os and products
    >> made with fresh jalape˝os.
    >>
    >> The discovery may provide a clue to the source of a recent outbreak of
    >> Salmonella Saintpaul. The bacteria have sickened more than 1,200
    >> people in 42 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and
    >> Prevention.
    >>
    >> "One of the jalape˝o peppers has tested positive with a genetic match
    >> to the Saintpaul strand," said Robert Tauxe, deputy director of the
    >> CDC's Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases.
    >>
    >> He said officials are "looking at the chain that the peppers would
    >> have passed through to decide if any of them are a point of
    >> contamination."
    >>
    >> Tauxe called the discovery a "significant break."
    >>
    >> "While this one sample does not give us the whole story, this genetic
    >> break is very important," he said. "This will hopefully help us
    >> pinpoint the source of this outbreak."
    >>
    >>

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...lmonella/index....
    >
    > Yes, the filthy mestizoes relieve themselves right in fields.
    >
    > mitch
    >
    > http://www.numbersusa.com/ NumbersUSA
    >
    > You meant to say "the cheapskate employers don't provide portajohns or
    > breaks?"
    >
    >
    >


    Agreed. These are the same employers that are being fined right & left
    for not supplying adequate water, shade, and rest breaks.

    http://www.kcra.com/news/16645263/de...subid=10100243
    http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/973298.html
    http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...5&provider=top

    Some of the farm owners are true scumbags. I can see them buying 1 broken
    down porta potty and never servicing it. Hell in that case in 90*F heat
    I'd go **** somewhere else. It's also likely that if they are using
    portable toilets and not servicing them leakage is likely and would lead
    to contamination.

    Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to look
    down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash about migrant
    farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global warming, and the
    common cold while your at it.

  5. #5
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:26:38 +0000, Chile Fiend
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some of the farm owners are true scumbags. I can see them buying 1 broken
    >down porta potty and never servicing it. Hell in that case in 90*F heat
    >I'd go **** somewhere else. It's also likely that if they are using
    >portable toilets and not servicing them leakage is likely and would lead
    >to contamination.
    >
    >Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to look
    >down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash about migrant
    >farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global warming, and the
    >common cold while your at it.


    Thanks. That needed to be said.


    --
    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

    Mae West

  6. #6
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    On 2008-07-22, sf <sf> wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:26:38 +0000, Chile Fiend
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Some of the farm owners are true scumbags. I can see them buying 1 broken
    >>down porta potty and never servicing it. Hell in that case in 90*F heat
    >>I'd go **** somewhere else. It's also likely that if they are using
    >>portable toilets and not servicing them leakage is likely and would lead
    >>to contamination.
    >>
    >>Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to look
    >>down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash about migrant
    >>farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global warming, and the
    >>common cold while your at it.

    >
    > Thanks. That needed to be said.


    Uh, no it didn't. It's pure bleeding heart liberal crap.

    Are some of the farm owners true scumbags? Yes. Is the US govt complicit
    in overlooking bad farming practices? Yes, but don't give me that bullcrap
    sob story about 90 degree heat and dirty porta-potties. I've lived in rural
    CA most of my life. I even went out and worked in the fields along side
    migrant farm workers when I was a kid. I didn't like it, I sucked at it,
    and I quit cuz I could. But, I'll tell you from experience, there wasn't a
    porta-potty within 20 miles. I don't even think they'd been invented yet.
    Point is, workers held themselves till lunch, piled into cars and went and
    "did lunch" and their business, just like factory workers and everyone else.

    This plague of salmanella and ecoli infection is the results of megacorp
    farming practices and their being overlooked by bought-off govt agencies.
    Happy cows, my ass. The CA dairy industry is not just a disgrace, it's a
    moral crime. Same with the govt agencies that oversee megacorp farming. We
    know the megacorps will sell you a bag of pestilence and call it candy, but
    it's the govt agencies that are supposed to protect us from these greedy
    profiteers. HAH!! A joke of cosmic proportions. I'll be the first to
    blame illegal immigration for a bounty of ills in this country, but I'll not
    blame the immigrants. Our leaders and their greedy dirtbag cohorts have
    sold our country down the drain. Eat up.

    nb

  7. #7
    Steve Pope Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > This plague of salmanella and ecoli infection is the results
    > of megacorp farming practices and their being overlooked by
    > bought-off govt agencies. Happy cows, my ass. The CA dairy
    > industry is not just a disgrace, it's a moral crime. Same with
    > the govt agencies that oversee megacorp farming. We


    Well, yeah. These problems only surfaced after extensive
    overuse of antibiotics in farm animals, spawning superbugs
    even faster than the extensive overuse of antibiotics in
    humans.

    Just try and get them to admit to this though.

    Steve

  8. #8
    Chile Fiend Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >
    > Uh, no it didn't. It's pure bleeding heart liberal crap.
    >
    > Are some of the farm owners true scumbags? Yes. Is the US govt
    > complicit in overlooking bad farming practices? Yes, but don't give
    > me that bullcrap sob story about 90 degree heat and dirty
    > porta-potties. I've lived in rural CA most of my life. I even went
    > out and worked in the fields along side migrant farm workers when I
    > was a kid. I didn't like it, I sucked at it, and I quit cuz I could.
    > But, I'll tell you from experience, there wasn't a porta-potty within
    > 20 miles. I don't even think they'd been invented yet. Point is,
    > workers held themselves till lunch, piled into cars and went and "did
    > lunch" and their business, just like factory workers and everyone
    > else.


    Not bleeding heart liberal crap. You pretty much summed up my point - bad
    system is to blame not the individuals.

    Your statment "I'll tell you from experience, there wasn't a porta-potty
    within 20 miles. I don't even think they'd been invented yet. Point is,
    workers held themselves till lunch," pretty much makes my point. People
    gotta go. You give them no choice and they're giong to go wherever they
    can.

    And don't tell me that overflowing portable toilets can't contaminate.
    That's exactly what happened in a popular public lake here years ago. Took
    months for the local authorities to trace the source but they eventually
    found it.

    Of course once we do get gov't stepping in then there will be many who cry
    fouls saying more regulation will hurt business and lower profits, and wah
    wah wahhhhhhh.

    Sorry but we don't live in a perfect world. Too many greedy bastards who
    will gleefully overlook ou food supply safety for the almighty $$$$ both on
    the gov't side and the producer sides.

    You say you quit because it sucked and you could, but someone needs to pick
    the crops. Since you seem to be a fountain on knowledge on this whats your
    solution. All I'm saying is that if you have people out there all day in
    the fields you better provide some facilities or this will be happening all
    over.

  9. #9
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:26:38 +0000, Chile Fiend
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to look
    >down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash about migrant
    >farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global warming, and the
    >common cold while your at it.


    for those items i blame george bush.

    your pal,
    blake
    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  10. #10
    =?iso-8859-1?B?VEZNrg==?= Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers



    "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to look
    > down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash about migrant
    > farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global warming, and the
    > common cold while your at it.


    When did they come up with a cancer balme?

    TFM«


  11. #11
    kilikini Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    TFM« wrote:
    > "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to
    >> look down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash
    >> about migrant farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global
    >> warming, and the common cold while your at it.

    >
    > When did they come up with a cancer balme?
    >
    > TFM«


    I don't know, but if there's a cancer balm, if I rub it on my stomach and on
    my chest will I grow a new boob and some more stomach muscles????

    kili



  12. #12
    Steve Pope Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    kilikini <[email protected]> wrote:

    >TFM« wrote:


    >> "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote


    >>> Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to
    >>> look down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash
    >>> about migrant farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global
    >>> warming, and the common cold while your at it.


    >> When did they come up with a cancer balme?


    >I don't know, but if there's a cancer balm, if I rub it on my stomach and on
    >my chest will I grow a new boob and some more stomach muscles????


    This is spooky; I was just reading about a supposed cancer balm
    (phony of course), in Timothy Egan's nonfiction account of
    the dust bowl, _The Worst Hard Time_. Great book BTW (and
    pretty alarming and sad).

    Steve

  13. #13
    kilikini Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    Steve Pope wrote:
    > kilikini <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> TFM« wrote:

    >
    >>> "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote

    >
    >>>> Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else
    >>>> to look down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash
    >>>> about migrant farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global
    >>>> warming, and the common cold while your at it.

    >
    >>> When did they come up with a cancer balme?

    >
    >> I don't know, but if there's a cancer balm, if I rub it on my
    >> stomach and on my chest will I grow a new boob and some more stomach
    >> muscles????

    >
    > This is spooky; I was just reading about a supposed cancer balm
    > (phony of course), in Timothy Egan's nonfiction account of
    > the dust bowl, _The Worst Hard Time_. Great book BTW (and
    > pretty alarming and sad).
    >
    > Steve


    Okay, now that is a little weird. Hey, if there was a balm for it, I'd be
    first in line!

    Thanks for the recommendation on the book; I'll look it up.

    kili



  14. #14
    Serene Vannoy Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    kilikini wrote:
    > TFM« wrote:
    >> "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>
    >>> Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else to
    >>> look down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash
    >>> about migrant farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global
    >>> warming, and the common cold while your at it.

    >> When did they come up with a cancer balme?
    >>
    >> TFM«

    >
    > I don't know, but if there's a cancer balm, if I rub it on my stomach and on
    > my chest will I grow a new boob and some more stomach muscles????
    >


    I'd totally buy that for you. Point me the right direction. :-)

    Serene
    --
    "I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef

  15. #15
    kilikini Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    Serene Vannoy wrote:
    > kilikini wrote:
    >> TFM« wrote:
    >>> "Chile Fiend" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>>
    >>>> Of course there are plenty of pathetic slobs who have no one else
    >>>> to look down on in life for their failing other than to talk trash
    >>>> about migrant farm workers. Why not balme them for cancer, global
    >>>> warming, and the common cold while your at it.
    >>> When did they come up with a cancer balme?
    >>>
    >>> TFM«

    >>
    >> I don't know, but if there's a cancer balm, if I rub it on my
    >> stomach and on my chest will I grow a new boob and some more stomach
    >> muscles????

    >
    > I'd totally buy that for you. Point me the right direction. :-)
    >
    > Serene


    Wish I could! LOL.

    kili



  16. #16
    Steve Pope Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    kilikini <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Steve Pope wrote:


    >> This is spooky; I was just reading about a supposed cancer balm
    >> (phony of course), in Timothy Egan's nonfiction account of
    >> the dust bowl, _The Worst Hard Time_. Great book BTW (and
    >> pretty alarming and sad).


    >Thanks for the recommendation on the book; I'll look it up.


    I would offer to send you the copy I have of it when I am done reading
    it, except that I ciped it from my mother-in-law when I was in
    Denver, and she might want it back. (She herself was in the
    dust bowl fringe, as a farmer in Wyoming at the time.) Let me
    check on this.

    Steve

  17. #17
    Giusi Guest

    Default Re: Salmonella Outbreak Located: Mexcians ****ting on peppers

    "Steve Pope" <[email protected]> ha
    > kilikini <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> This is spooky; I was just reading about a supposed cancer balm
    >>> (phony of course), in Timothy Egan's nonfiction account of
    >>> the dust bowl, _The Worst Hard Time_. Great book BTW (and
    >>> pretty alarming and sad).

    >
    >>Thanks for the recommendation on the book; I'll look it up.

    >
    > I would offer to send you the copy I have of it when I am done reading
    > it, except that I ciped it from my mother-in-law when I was in
    > Denver, and she might want it back. (She herself was in the
    > dust bowl fringe, as a farmer in Wyoming at the time.) Let me
    > check on this.
    >
    > Steve


    That is a terrific book. Sobering.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32