Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Re: No More Sugared Dr. Pepper

  1. #1
    Snoodles McGrew Guest

    Default Re: No More Sugared Dr. Pepper

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:21:44 -0600, Sqwertz <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >The last plant in the United States that made sugared Dr Pepper since
    >1891 - in Dublin, TX - has closed down and the last case has been
    >bought. It sold for over three as much as regular Dr Pepper and had
    >quite a following, and was selling well. They also sold the syrup for
    >select retail/restaurant locations.
    >
    >Dr Pepper/Snapple Group has promised to still make it, somehow
    >somewhere. But they never will.
    >
    ><http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/demise-of-dublin-dr-pepper-brand-has-texas-community-worried-about-losing-its-identity/2012/01/13/gIQAnptGxP_story.html>
    >
    >Fortunately I can get cases of store brand "Dr. Pepper", as well as
    >cola, root beer, orange burst, and Big Red - all made with real sugar
    >for $2/12-pack.
    >
    >http://www.heb.com/product/H-E-B-Pur...r-Sodas/100022
    >
    >So how can my store sell sugared soda for $.17/can while Big Cola
    >charges $.33-.50/can for HFCS soda?
    >
    >-sw



    Cases. No wonder your ass is as big as an Airstream.


  2. #2
    Gary Guest

    Default Re: No More Sugared Dr. Pepper

    Sqwertz wrote:
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:27:58 -0500, Snoodles McGrew wrote:
    >
    > > Cases. No wonder your ass is as big as an Airstream.

    >
    > It's been well-documented in alt.food.fast-food that I don't drink
    > soda.
    >
    > Have you seen my ass?


    I sincerely hope that I never do. >|

  3. #3
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: No More Sugared Dr. Pepper

    On Jan 14, 7:32*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:27:58 -0500, Snoodles McGrew wrote:
    > > On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:21:44 -0600, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
    > > wrote:

    >
    > >>The last plant in the United States that made sugared Dr Pepper since
    > >>1891 - in Dublin, TX - has closed down and the last case has been
    > >>bought. *It sold for over three as much as regular Dr Pepper and had
    > >>quite a following, and was selling well. *They also sold the syrup for
    > >>select retail/restaurant locations.

    >
    > >>Dr Pepper/Snapple Group has promised to still make it, somehow
    > >>somewhere. *But they never will.

    >
    > >><http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/demise-of-dublin-dr-pepper-bra....>

    >
    > >>Fortunately I can get cases of store brand "Dr. Pepper", as well as
    > >>cola, root beer, orange burst, and Big Red - all made with real sugar
    > >>for $2/12-pack.

    >
    > >>http://www.heb.com/product/H-E-B-Pur...r-Sodas/100022

    >
    > >>So how can my store sell sugared soda for $.17/can while Big Cola
    > >>charges $.33-.50/can for HFCS soda?

    >
    > > Cases. No wonder your ass is as big as an Airstream.

    >
    > It's been well-documented in alt.food.fast-food that I don't drink
    > soda.
    >
    > Have you seen my ass? *Because it costs a few hundred thousand just to
    > get on the waiting list.
    >
    > -sw


    yeah, everything on alt.food.fast-food is true

  4. #4
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: No More Sugared Dr. Pepper

    On 14/01/2012 7:27 AM, Snoodles McGrew wrote:

    >> So how can my store sell sugared soda for $.17/can while Big Cola
    >> charges $.33-.50/can for HFCS soda?
    >>
    >> -sw

    >
    >
    > Cases. No wonder your ass is as big as an Airstream.
    >



    That is a bizarre comment. I buy soft drinks by the case because they
    the cost per can is so much less that way. Even before I was forced onto
    a diet that excluded soft drinks, a case of Coke would last me months,
    and most of it probably went to guests.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32