Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Re: fast food

  1. #1
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food


  2. #2
    heyjoe Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 05:29:52 -0800, sf wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >
    >> who as the fastest food in the west

    >
    > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.


    Thanks for the free clue. Couldn't find HOTZX post in my newsreader,
    nor on the news server. Now I realize it's because of the HTML and
    eternal-septmeber's cleanfeed stripping out HTML posts. Thank you,
    eternal-september!


    --
    "I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
    A. Brown

  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:01:42 -0600, heyjoe <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 05:29:52 -0800, sf wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    > >
    > >> who as the fastest food in the west

    > >
    > > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.

    >
    > Thanks for the free clue. Couldn't find HOTZX post in my newsreader,
    > nor on the news server. Now I realize it's because of the HTML and
    > eternal-septmeber's cleanfeed stripping out HTML posts. Thank you,
    > eternal-september!


    That's a real perk. LOL

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  4. #4
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >
    >> who as the fastest food in the west

    >
    > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >


    What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  5. #5
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    > >
    > >> who as the fastest food in the west

    > >
    > > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    > >

    >
    > What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.


    Go to his original post. HTML comes across as garbage on my stand
    alone newsreader. It hurts the eyes to look at, but at least it's
    properly formatted so it strips on reply. That said, if he continues
    to post with an HTML sig line, I will filter him out because I don't
    need to look at that cr*p.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  6. #6
    heyjoe Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

    > On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>
    >>> who as the fastest food in the west

    >>
    >> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>

    >
    > What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.


    It's an artifact of sf's newsreader, caused by
    >Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary=WebTV-Mail-16838-1


    >Content-Description: signature
    >Content-Disposition: Inline
    >Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII
    >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
    >
    ><html><body bgcolor="#000000"
    >background="http://naturesgrl.lbbhost.com/mpsigs/backs/mboy.jpg"
    >text="#deb887" link="#ffffff" vlink="#deb887"><embed
    >src="http://naturesgrl.lbbhost.com/mpsigs/1/hitchinaride.html"></body></html>



    Hmm?? Wonder if I'll be allowed tp post this and whether or not it will
    propagate.


    --
    "I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
    A. Brown

  7. #7
    gtr Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 2013-01-26 15:41:34 +0000, Janet Wilder said:

    > On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>
    >>> who as the fastest food in the west

    >>
    >> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>

    >
    > What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.


    Apparently Thunderbird strips it out for you as well. Unison strips it
    out for me too.


  8. #8
    Chemo Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Jan 26, 8:05*am, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder
    >
    > <kelliepoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    > > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, HO...@webtv.net (Tony O) wrote:

    >
    > > >> who as the fastest food in the west

    >
    > > > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.

    >
    > > What HTML sig? *I don't see any sig.

    >
    > Go to his original post. *HTML comes across as garbage on my stand
    > alone newsreader. *It hurts the eyes to look at, but at least it's
    > properly formatted so it strips on reply. *That said, if he continues
    > to post with an HTML sig line, I will filter him out because I don't
    > need to look at that cr*p.
    >
    > --
    > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.


    That's why you should use Google.

  9. #9
    Bill Murray Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    I agree food is important. Food is known to keep you alive.


  10. #10
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:38:59 -0800 (PST), Chemo
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jan 26, 8:05*am, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder
    > >
    > > <kelliepoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > > On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    > > > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, HO...@webtv.net (Tony O) wrote:

    > >
    > > > >> who as the fastest food in the west

    > >
    > > > > Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.

    > >
    > > > What HTML sig? *I don't see any sig.

    > >
    > > Go to his original post. *HTML comes across as garbage on my stand
    > > alone newsreader. *It hurts the eyes to look at, but at least it's
    > > properly formatted so it strips on reply. *That said, if he continues
    > > to post with an HTML sig line, I will filter him out because I don't
    > > need to look at that cr*p.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

    >
    > That's why you should use Google.


    Yeah, riiiiight.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  11. #11
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 10:05 AM, sf wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> who as the fastest food in the west
    >>>
    >>> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>>

    >>
    >> What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.

    >
    > Go to his original post. HTML comes across as garbage on my stand
    > alone newsreader. It hurts the eyes to look at, but at least it's
    > properly formatted so it strips on reply. That said, if he continues
    > to post with an HTML sig line, I will filter him out because I don't
    > need to look at that cr*p.
    >


    Maybe Thunderbird is filtering the HTML. Post was one line and no sig.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  12. #12
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 11:43 AM, gtr wrote:
    > On 2013-01-26 15:41:34 +0000, Janet Wilder said:
    >
    >> On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> who as the fastest food in the west
    >>>
    >>> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>>

    >>
    >> What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.

    >
    > Apparently Thunderbird strips it out for you as well. Unison strips it
    > out for me too.
    >


    Apparantly it did.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  13. #13
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 11:05 AM, sf wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:41:34 -0600, Janet Wilder
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> who as the fastest food in the west
    >>>
    >>> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>>

    >>
    >> What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.

    >
    > Go to his original post. HTML comes across as garbage on my stand
    > alone newsreader. It hurts the eyes to look at, but at least it's
    > properly formatted so it strips on reply. That said, if he continues
    > to post with an HTML sig line, I will filter him out because I don't
    > need to look at that cr*p.
    >

    Thunderbird treats his posts just like it does email with HTML content
    (rather than attachments): it asked if I'd like to view "remote
    content". Since I don't know this poster I absolutely don't want to
    view the HTML nor any links this person might post.

    Consider the source: webTV. Most people who post here using it figured
    out the HTML thing a long time ago.

    Jill

  14. #14
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:28:46 -0500, jmcquown <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Consider the source: webTV. Most people who post here using it figured
    > out the HTML thing a long time ago.


    I did consider the source and that's why I'm giving him another chance
    before he hits the bozo bin.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  15. #15
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 6:00 PM, sf wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:28:46 -0500, jmcquown <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Consider the source: webTV. Most people who post here using it figured
    >> out the HTML thing a long time ago.

    >
    > I did consider the source and that's why I'm giving him another chance
    > before he hits the bozo bin.
    >

    Also consider the posts. So far 'TonyO' hasn't posed an intelligent
    question.

    Jill

  16. #16
    sf Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:09:14 -0500, jmcquown <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > On 1/26/2013 6:00 PM, sf wrote:
    > > On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:28:46 -0500, jmcquown <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Consider the source: webTV. Most people who post here using it figured
    > >> out the HTML thing a long time ago.

    > >
    > > I did consider the source and that's why I'm giving him another chance
    > > before he hits the bozo bin.
    > >

    > Also consider the posts. So far 'TonyO' hasn't posed an intelligent
    > question.
    >


    Agreed. I also wondered if he'd return because they usually don't.


    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  17. #17
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On 1/26/2013 4:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:

    > Thunderbird treats his posts just like it does email with HTML content
    > (rather than attachments): it asked if I'd like to view "remote
    > content". Since I don't know this poster I absolutely don't want to
    > view the HTML nor any links this person might post.
    >
    > Consider the source: webTV. Most people who post here using it figured
    > out the HTML thing a long time ago.
    >
    > Jill


    Good to know you've finally mastered Thunderbird, Jill.
    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  18. #18
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:26:37 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

    > On 1/26/2013 11:43 AM, gtr wrote:
    >> On 2013-01-26 15:41:34 +0000, Janet Wilder said:
    >>
    >>> On 1/26/2013 7:29 AM, sf wrote:
    >>>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:15 -0500, [email protected] (Tony O) wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> who as the fastest food in the west
    >>>>
    >>>> Lose the HTML sig when you post to Usenet and I'll tell you.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> What HTML sig? I don't see any sig.

    >>
    >> Apparently Thunderbird strips it out for you as well. Unison strips it
    >> out for me too.
    >>

    >
    > Apparantly it did.


    Nothing stripped it out, you r newsreader just shoed the default view.
    Which is Text.

    His HTMl was a simple black background that only WebTVers can see. sf
    just has her newsreader set up to show both at the same time (nobody
    does that).

    -sw

  19. #19
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: fast food

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:33:00 -0800, Bill Murray wrote:

    > I agree food is important. Food is known to keep you alive.


    Let it be know that this in "Tony O" replying to his own post under a
    different nym.

    It's just a troll that's been doing the rounds.

    0sw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32