Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Random Cooks.com Recipe

  1. #1
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Random Cooks.com Recipe

    I found this on their site in about 5 seconds, I forget how I even got
    to this particular recipe.

    -----

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html

    SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD

    2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    1 c. chopped celery
    1 c. grated carrots
    1 lg. chopped apple

    Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
    heated to boiling. Add remaining sugar-free beverage and lemon juice.
    Chill until partially thickened. Add celery, carrots and apple. Pour
    into a 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.

    -----

    Why bash the recipes posted here in RFC when we have such a valuable
    source of horrendous recipes at cooks.com?

    Sombody's gonna have to search http://www.cooks.com for at least 15
    seconds to be able to "top" the recipe above. Are you up for the
    challenge?

    -sw

  2. #2
    Tara Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:08:00 -0600, Sqwertz <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >
    >SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >
    >2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    >2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    >2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    >1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    >1 c. chopped celery
    >1 c. grated carrots
    >1 lg. chopped apple
    >
    >Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
    >heated to boiling. Add remaining sugar-free beverage and lemon juice.
    >Chill until partially thickened. Add celery, carrots and apple. Pour
    >into a 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.


    When do you add the Slim-Jims?

    Tara

  3. #3
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:22:23 -0500, Tara wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:08:00 -0600, Sqwertz <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >>
    >>SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >>
    >>2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    >>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    >>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    >>1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    >>1 c. chopped celery
    >>1 c. grated carrots
    >>1 lg. chopped apple

    ....
    > When do you add the Slim-Jims?


    That EXACTLY why I clicked on the recipe in the first place, dammit!
    :-)

    The challenge still stands. Voting for who can come up with the
    "Worst Cooks.com Recipe" will end Friday 2/17/2012 at 9:PM EST

    We could also hold a separate contest: who can get the most
    ridiculous, obnoxious, most putrid recipe accepted and published to
    cooks.com.

    <grin> I am evil. I know.

    And then we can take RFC viral. RFC has commercial possibilites.
    Heck, if that asshole Gary in Chicago can do it, then we can do it 10x
    better! We've got plenty of assholes each with their own unique
    skill!

    Just food for thought.

    -sw

  4. #4
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Feb 12, 3:08*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > I found this on their site in about 5 seconds, I forget how I even got
    > to this particular recipe.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >
    > SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >
    > 2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    > 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    > 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    > 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    > 1 c. chopped celery
    > 1 c. grated carrots
    > 1 lg. chopped apple
    >
    > Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
    > heated to boiling. Add remaining sugar-free beverage and lemon juice.
    > Chill until partially thickened. Add celery, carrots and apple. Pour
    > into a 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > Why bash the recipes posted here in RFC when we have such a valuable
    > source of horrendous recipes at cooks.com?
    >
    > Sombody's gonna have to searchhttp://www.cooks.comfor at least 15
    > seconds to be able to "top" the recipe above. *Are you up for the
    > challenge?


    I'll try:

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1627...250195,00.html

    I dunno know the **** Gloria is, but she needs bitch-slapped.

    Speaking of horrendous, have you ever seen a Kitchen Klatter
    cookbook?

  5. #5
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Feb 12, 9:32*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:22:23 -0500, Tara wrote:
    > > On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:08:00 -0600, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
    > > wrote:

    >
    > >>http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html

    >
    > >>SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD

    >
    > >>2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    > >>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    > >>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    > >>1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    > >>1 c. chopped celery
    > >>1 c. grated carrots
    > >>1 lg. chopped apple

    > ...
    > > When do you add the Slim-Jims?

    >
    > That EXACTLY why I clicked on the recipe in the first place, dammit!
    > :-)
    >
    > The challenge still stands. *Voting for who can come up with the
    > "Worst Cooks.com Recipe" will end Friday 2/17/2012 at 9:PM EST
    >
    > We could also hold a separate contest: who can get the most
    > ridiculous, obnoxious, most putrid recipe accepted and published to
    > cooks.com.
    >
    > <grin> *I am evil. *I know.
    >
    > And then we can take RFC viral. *RFC has commercial possibilites.
    > Heck, if that asshole Gary in Chicago can do it, then we can do it 10x
    > better! *We've got plenty of assholes each with their own unique
    > skill!
    >
    > Just food for thought.


    Sounds like fun to me. I'm on it LOL

  6. #6
    Jim Elbrecht Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:22:23 -0500, Tara wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:08:00 -0600, Sqwertz <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >>>
    >>>SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >>>
    >>>2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    >>>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    >>>2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    >>>1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    >>>1 c. chopped celery
    >>>1 c. grated carrots
    >>>1 lg. chopped apple

    >...
    >> When do you add the Slim-Jims?

    >
    >That EXACTLY why I clicked on the recipe in the first place, dammit!
    >:-)
    >
    >The challenge still stands. Voting for who can come up with the
    >"Worst Cooks.com Recipe" will end Friday 2/17/2012 at 9:PM EST


    This one is a contender-
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1643...237204,00.html
    a similar jello-vegetable salad, but more along the cabbage and
    mustard line.

    I remember the one you posted. It was always present at covered dish
    suppers in the 70's in *rural* NY.

    >
    >We could also hold a separate contest: who can get the most
    >ridiculous, obnoxious, most putrid recipe accepted and published to
    >cooks.com.


    We were served a meatloaf similar to this in out elementary school in
    the 50's- Peanutbutter meatloaf. The only food I *ever* left on
    my plate;
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1934...225192,00.html

    Jim

  7. #7
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 00:19:25 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Feb 12, 3:08*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >> I found this on their site in about 5 seconds, I forget how I even got
    >> to this particular recipe.
    >>
    >> -----
    >>
    >> http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >>
    >> SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >>
    >> 2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    >> 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    >> 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    >> 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    >> 1 c. chopped celery
    >> 1 c. grated carrots
    >> 1 lg. chopped apple
    >>
    >> Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
    >> heated to boiling. Add remaining sugar-free beverage and lemon juice.
    >> Chill until partially thickened. Add celery, carrots and apple. Pour
    >> into a 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.
    >>
    >> -----
    >>
    >> Why bash the recipes posted here in RFC when we have such a valuable
    >> source of horrendous recipes at cooks.com?
    >>
    >> Sombody's gonna have to searchhttp://www.cooks.comfor at least 15
    >> seconds to be able to "top" the recipe above. *Are you up for the
    >> challenge?

    >
    >I'll try:
    >
    >http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1627...250195,00.html
    >
    >I dunno know the **** Gloria is, but she needs bitch-slapped.


    Gud Gawd.

    Lou

  8. #8
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I found this on their site in about 5 seconds, I forget how I even got
    > to this particular recipe.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1725,...241206,00.html
    >
    > SLIM - JIM VEGETABLE SALAD
    >
    > 2 (1.5 oz.) env. dietetic lime-flavored gelatin
    > 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, heated to boiling
    > 2 c. sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
    > 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    > 1 c. chopped celery
    > 1 c. grated carrots
    > 1 lg. chopped apple
    >
    > Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups sugar-free lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
    > heated to boiling. Add remaining sugar-free beverage and lemon juice.
    > Chill until partially thickened. Add celery, carrots and apple. Pour
    > into a 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > Why bash the recipes posted here in RFC when we have such a valuable
    > source of horrendous recipes at cooks.com?
    >
    > Sombody's gonna have to search http://www.cooks.com for at least 15
    > seconds to be able to "top" the recipe above. Are you up for the
    > challenge?
    >
    > -sw


    It's a nice theory but the problem with cooks.com searches are that they
    tend to widen rather than narrow the scope of the search when you put in
    more search terms. I was sure I could find beef kidney ice cream but no.
    It's probably there, I just haven't found it.

    MartyB



  9. #9
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Random Cooks.com Recipe

    On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:06:11 -0500, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

    > I remember the one you posted. It was always present at covered dish
    > suppers in the 70's in *rural* NY.


    I remember seeing it on salad when I was younger (I loved salads bars
    as a kid), but doubt I ever tried this. I don't need to try it
    because I already know excatly how it tastes.

    ----

    Mrs. J.C Grigsby, Lehigh Acres, Florida, says this is a dish she
    serves often for bridge luncheons. With it she serves fruit
    salad, celery and carrot sticks.

    Green Layer:
    ---------------------------------
    1 package lime-flavored gelatin
    1 cup boiling water
    3/4 cup ice
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoons vinegar
    1 cup grated cucumber
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped celery

    Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Add cold water, salt, and vinegar.
    Chill until slightly thickened. Add vegetables and pour into
    mold. Chill until firm.

    Red Layer
    ------------------------------------
    1-1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
    1/2 cup cold water
    1 cup tomato juice
    1 teaspoon onion juice
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups ground cooked turkey

    Soak gelatin in cold water. Heat tomato juice; add gelatin and
    stir until completely dissolved. Chill until slightly thickened.
    Fold in seasonings and turkey. Put mixture over green layer and
    chill until firm. Unmold and garnish with poinsettia flowers of
    pimiento and green pepper.

    Source: Southern Living magazine, July 1967.

    > We were served a meatloaf similar to this in out elementary school in
    > the 50's- Peanutbutter meatloaf. The only food I *ever* left on
    > my plate;
    > http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1934...225192,00.html


    That doesn't look too bad. Peanuts are common in entrees and dips in
    SE Asia, at least. And 4TB in 4lbs of ingredients isn't that much. I
    suspect a lot of the peanut butter would run out of the loaf as teh
    fat renders out.

    -sw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32