Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Pizza Hut discount offer

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default Pizza Hut discount offer

    Pizza Hut discount offer

    Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three toppings
    each are $6.00 each.

    I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.

    I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.

    Might be time to have a paint party!

    Andy



  2. #2
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > Pizza Hut discount offer
    >
    > Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three toppings
    > each are $6.00 each.
    >
    > I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >
    > I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >
    > Might be time to have a paint party!
    >
    > Andy


    That's cheap! But as pizzas go, they are one of my least favorites. Oddly
    some of my Italian inlaws really seem to like Pizza Hut. Husband included!

    I occasionally order from Garlic Jim's. A large Gluten Free with extra of
    all kinds of cheese and a medium specialty pizza runs me about $40. But
    then food is a lot more expensive here in general than it is in PA. I did
    order pizza there a couple of times from Pizza Hut and thought they made a
    mistake on the price!



  3. #3
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > Pizza Hut discount offer
    >
    > Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three toppings
    > each are $6.00 each.
    >
    > I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >
    > I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >
    > Might be time to have a paint party!


    Just saw an ad on TV. Here it is $10 for two large. Not sure how many
    topping though. I was only half paying attention.



  4. #4
    Mr. Bill Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Nov 9, 8:39*pm, "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    > "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]..
    > > Pizza Hut discount offer

    >
    > > Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three toppings
    > > each are $6.00 each.


    >I occasionally order from Garlic Jim's. A large Gluten Free with extra of
    >all kinds of cheese and a medium specialty pizza runs me about $40


    > Just saw an ad on TV. *Here it is $10 for two large. *Not sure how many
    > topping though. *I was only half paying attention.


    If I were paying forty bucks for a pizza as you claim...I would be
    paying very close attention!!

    Forty BUCKS!!??? Are you serious?





  5. #5
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> Pizza Hut discount offer
    >>
    >> Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three
    >> toppings each are $6.00 each.
    >>
    >> I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >>
    >> I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >>
    >> Might be time to have a paint party!
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > That's cheap! But as pizzas go, they are one of my least favorites.
    > Oddly some of my Italian inlaws really seem to like Pizza Hut.
    > Husband included!
    >
    > I occasionally order from Garlic Jim's. A large Gluten Free with
    > extra of all kinds of cheese and a medium specialty pizza runs me
    > about $40. But then food is a lot more expensive here in general than
    > it is in PA. I did order pizza there a couple of times from Pizza Hut
    > and thought they made a mistake on the price!



    My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used imitation
    cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza since.

    They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.

    Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it real, a
    badge of honor of a sort.

    Best,

    Andy

  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:53:25 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used imitation
    > cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza since.
    >
    > They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >
    > Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it real, a
    > badge of honor of a sort.


    When pizza is that inexpensive, I'd expect them to be cutting corners
    somewhere. I haven't had Pizza Hut pizza in at least that long, but
    when we still did that sort of thing I thought they were pretty good
    for a chain pizza.

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

  7. #7
    Robert Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > Pizza Hut discount offer
    >
    > Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three toppings
    > each are $6.00 each.
    >
    > I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >
    > I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >
    > Might be time to have a paint party!
    >
    > Andy
    >
    >


    Papa Johns is having a Monday mania special with a large pizza with your
    choice of toppings including specialty pizza's for 8.99.
    Only problem Monday only.

    Robert



  8. #8
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>> Pizza Hut discount offer
    >>>
    >>> Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three
    >>> toppings each are $6.00 each.
    >>>
    >>> I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >>>
    >>> I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >>>
    >>> Might be time to have a paint party!
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >>
    >> That's cheap! But as pizzas go, they are one of my least favorites.
    >> Oddly some of my Italian inlaws really seem to like Pizza Hut.
    >> Husband included!
    >>
    >> I occasionally order from Garlic Jim's. A large Gluten Free with
    >> extra of all kinds of cheese and a medium specialty pizza runs me
    >> about $40. But then food is a lot more expensive here in general than
    >> it is in PA. I did order pizza there a couple of times from Pizza Hut
    >> and thought they made a mistake on the price!

    >
    >
    > My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used
    > imitation
    > cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza since.
    >
    > They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >
    > Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it real, a
    > badge of honor of a sort.


    I just saw another ad and the two medium, three toppings are $6 here too.

    I had a roommate many years ago that worked at Pizza Hut. She didn't say
    anything about imitation cheese but she did say not to eat there.



  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]..
    >>>> Pizza Hut discount offer
    >>>>
    >>>> Beginning on Nov. 11th for ten days two medium pizzas with three
    >>>> toppings each are $6.00 each.
    >>>>
    >>>> I don't know if the offer is good for all markets in the USA.
    >>>>
    >>>> I haven't eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in ages.
    >>>>
    >>>> Might be time to have a paint party!
    >>>>
    >>>> Andy
    >>>
    >>> That's cheap! But as pizzas go, they are one of my least favorites.
    >>> Oddly some of my Italian inlaws really seem to like Pizza Hut.
    >>> Husband included!
    >>>
    >>> I occasionally order from Garlic Jim's. A large Gluten Free with
    >>> extra of all kinds of cheese and a medium specialty pizza runs me
    >>> about $40. But then food is a lot more expensive here in general
    >>> than it is in PA. I did order pizza there a couple of times from
    >>> Pizza Hut and thought they made a mistake on the price!

    >>
    >>
    >> My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used
    >> imitation
    >> cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza
    >> since.
    >>
    >> They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >>
    >> Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it
    >> real, a badge of honor of a sort.

    >
    > I just saw another ad and the two medium, three toppings are $6 here
    > too.
    >
    > I had a roommate many years ago that worked at Pizza Hut. She didn't
    > say anything about imitation cheese but she did say not to eat there.



    I'm going to pass up their offer. Aside from getting "blue in the face"
    sick of all that pizza, I'd rather pay a little more for a little less
    and put my money down at a local family owned pizza parlor.

    I WAS tempted!

    Best,

    Andy

  10. #10
    George Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On 11/9/2010 10:09 PM, sf wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:53:25 -0600, Andy<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used imitation
    >> cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza since.
    >>
    >> They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >>
    >> Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it real, a
    >> badge of honor of a sort.

    >
    > When pizza is that inexpensive, I'd expect them to be cutting corners
    > somewhere. I haven't had Pizza Hut pizza in at least that long, but
    > when we still did that sort of thing I thought they were pretty good
    > for a chain pizza.
    >


    I always laugh at the dominose ad which is set in their make believe
    "test kitchen" where they tell us something like "we know we always made
    industrial cardboard crap "pizza" since we have been in business but now
    we aren't going to do that anymore...

  11. #11
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    George <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 11/9/2010 10:09 PM, sf wrote:
    >> On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:53:25 -0600, Andy<[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used
    >>> imitation cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza
    >>> Hut pizza since.
    >>>
    >>> They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >>>
    >>> Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it
    >>> real, a badge of honor of a sort.

    >>
    >> When pizza is that inexpensive, I'd expect them to be cutting corners
    >> somewhere. I haven't had Pizza Hut pizza in at least that long, but
    >> when we still did that sort of thing I thought they were pretty good
    >> for a chain pizza.
    >>

    >
    > I always laugh at the dominose ad which is set in their make believe
    > "test kitchen" where they tell us something like "we know we always
    > made industrial cardboard crap "pizza" since we have been in business
    > but now we aren't going to do that anymore...



    Just saw this expose coverage of a Dominos pizza video shoot?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzmHm6eF-0

    Then there's the showusyourpizza.com where customers are asked to
    photograph their Domino's pizzas and submit it to that website to perhaps
    win $500. Almost advertising enough to NOT buy Dominos pizza. Pretty crappy
    photographs to match equally crappy pizzas.

    And the employees arrested for contaminating the pizzas!

    Just say "No" to Dominos.

    Geez...

    Andy

  12. #12
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer


    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:ibe2dc$k8f$[email protected]..
    > On 11/9/2010 10:09 PM, sf wrote:
    >> On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:53:25 -0600, Andy<[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> My niece worked at Pizza Hut and told us privately that they used
    >>> imitation
    >>> cheese. That was over 15 years ago. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza
    >>> since.
    >>>
    >>> They're probably not the only pizza giant in that racket.
    >>>
    >>> Most of the family owned pizza parlors around town still keep it real, a
    >>> badge of honor of a sort.

    >>
    >> When pizza is that inexpensive, I'd expect them to be cutting corners
    >> somewhere. I haven't had Pizza Hut pizza in at least that long, but
    >> when we still did that sort of thing I thought they were pretty good
    >> for a chain pizza.
    >>

    >
    > I always laugh at the dominose ad which is set in their make believe "test
    > kitchen" where they tell us something like "we know we always made
    > industrial cardboard crap "pizza" since we have been in business but now
    > we aren't going to do that anymore...


    I haven't had their stuff in years. When I lived on Staten Island, it was
    popular at kid's birthday parties because it was so cheap. It was so bad
    that even the kids were complaining about it. I couldn't believe anyone
    would buy it with all the good pizza around that didn't cost that much more.



  13. #13
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:15:46 -0500, George <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I always laugh at the dominose ad which is set in their make believe
    > "test kitchen" where they tell us something like "we know we always made
    > industrial cardboard crap "pizza" since we have been in business but now
    > we aren't going to do that anymore...


    Honestly, I've never knowingly eaten a Domino's pizza so I have no
    idea how they taste - but I thought they got to be so big by
    delivering pizza people liked.

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

  14. #14
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:18:25 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Just saw this expose coverage of a Dominos pizza video shoot?
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzmHm6eF-0


    Looks like a long winded commercial to me, not an exposť.
    >
    > Then there's the showusyourpizza.com where customers are asked to
    > photograph their Domino's pizzas and submit it to that website to perhaps
    > win $500. Almost advertising enough to NOT buy Dominos pizza. Pretty crappy
    > photographs to match equally crappy pizzas.


    Crappy pictures; like you can do better? This one got my I want pizza
    juices going.... http://www.showusyourpizza.com/pizzagallery/?id=16625
    >
    > And the employees arrested for contaminating the pizzas!


    If wild stories told by a teenager can be believed, then it happened
    at a local "not a chain" pizzeria too. The message here is "don't
    order any delivery pizza from anywhere".
    >
    > Just say "No" to Dominos.
    >

    I didn't know I had said yes.

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

  15. #15
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:18:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > She didn't say
    > anything about imitation cheese but she did say not to eat there.


    I sincerely doubt she thought it was crappy food before she took the
    job. No teenager says "I hate the food, but I'll work there anyway".
    That's not how they roll. Their thinking is more along the lines of
    "Love the food, what a cool job". I think most teenagers tend to OD
    on whatever food they're selling, so it's no surprise she didn't like
    it after a while and she probably told her friends not to eat there
    because they wanted freebies every time they showed up.

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

  16. #16
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > If wild stories told by a teenager can be believed, then it happened
    > at a local "not a chain" pizzeria too. The message here is "don't
    > order any delivery pizza from anywhere".



    They video taped the incident and put it on youtube!

    Here's the evening news covering it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Z2x4SClaE

    You decide.

    Andy

  17. #17
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Honestly, I've never knowingly eaten a Domino's pizza so I have no
    > idea how they taste - but I thought they got to be so big by
    > delivering pizza people liked.



    sf,

    They got big by inventing pizza delivery in 30 minutes or it's free.
    Went over big everywhere. Then the drivers began speeding deliveries to
    "beat the clock" having car accidents.

    Later they got more PR for the hot box that kept the pizza hot all the
    way to it's destination.

    The commissary distribution of ingredients ensured that a Dominos pizza
    tasted identical in New York as in Texas as in Colorado, etc.

    The conveyor oven didn't hurt business except among traditionalists.

    Best,

    Andy

  18. #18
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:05:21 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > If wild stories told by a teenager can be believed, then it happened
    > > at a local "not a chain" pizzeria too. The message here is "don't
    > > order any delivery pizza from anywhere".

    >
    >
    > They video taped the incident and put it on youtube!
    >
    > Here's the evening news covering it.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Z2x4SClaE
    >
    > You decide.
    >

    I think they were pretty stupid to make a video and post it on the
    internet and they were definitely too dumb to work in fast food
    outlet. Thirty something and still working at that type of job is
    saying they were going nowhere fast; and then they got their sorry
    asses fired.

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

  19. #19
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> She didn't say
    >> anything about imitation cheese but she did say not to eat there.

    >
    > I sincerely doubt she thought it was crappy food before she took the
    > job. No teenager says "I hate the food, but I'll work there anyway".
    > That's not how they roll. Their thinking is more along the lines of
    > "Love the food, what a cool job". I think most teenagers tend to OD
    > on whatever food they're selling, so it's no surprise she didn't like
    > it after a while and she probably told her friends not to eat there
    > because they wanted freebies every time they showed up.



    sf,

    I worked at BK during summer in high school. I manned the burger
    machine. The burgers would go through the oven on a conveyor belt and
    the buns would toast on another belt. I'd grab the bun, open it and plop
    a dripping in grrease burger on it top it and arrange them in a steam
    warmer. The double burgers got placed on the "floor" of the steam warmer
    so they didn't flatten the single patty burgers. If you ordered a double
    whopper at 4pm, chances are it had been steam warming for hours and
    hours.

    To have it your way, an employee would grab a burger out of the steam
    warmer, dress it as requested, wrap it up, microwave it back to hot/melt
    cheese, and slide it down the serving slides.

    When I got lunch, I'd run my frozen burger patties through the flame
    broiler twice to cook out all the grease I could. My way was a double
    whopper, plain, no nothing.

    I was only in it for minimum wage.

    Best,

    Andy

  20. #20
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Pizza Hut discount offer

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I think they were pretty stupid to make a video and post it on the
    > internet and they were definitely too dumb to work in fast food
    > outlet. Thirty something and still working at that type of job is
    > saying they were going nowhere fast; and then they got their sorry
    > asses fired.



    sf,

    Of course I agree, only, they were going nowhere very slowly!!!

    Best,,

    Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32