Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

  1. #1
    Landon Guest

    Default PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.

    Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.

    As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    hours.

    I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    about it.

    Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?

  2. #2
    Dora Guest

    Default Re: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    Landon wrote:
    > I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >
    > Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    > necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >
    > As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    > that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    > hours.
    >
    > I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    > about it.
    >
    > Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?


    How are you liking the program? I'm curious, since I recommended it
    to you. Incidentally, I have an older version and have never been
    able to get the e-mail to work. Pity.

    Dora


  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:26:51 -0400, Landon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >
    > Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    > necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >
    > As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    > that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    > hours.
    >
    > I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    > about it.
    >
    > Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?


    Maybe they'd be happy to have a little free help.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  4. #4
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Apr 10, 5:26*pm, Landon <lan...@noreply.com> wrote:
    > I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >
    > Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    > necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >
    > As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    > that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    > hours.
    >
    > I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    > about it.
    >
    > Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?


    Maybe you can get back on a payroll, at least for THIS fix.

  5. #5
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:21:19 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:26:51 -0400, Landon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >>
    >> Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    >> necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >>
    >> As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    >> that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    >> hours.
    >>
    >> I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    >> about it.
    >>
    >> Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?

    >
    >Maybe they'd be happy to have a little free help.


    Fixing something like that is really beginner stuff. I find it very
    hard to believe that they don't have someone already that can do it.
    It's a matter of making it a priority.

    Besides, there is NO way I'm coming out from retirement! I'm having
    way too much fun!

  6. #6
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:58:48 -0400, "Dora" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Landon wrote:
    >> I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >>
    >> Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    >> necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >>
    >> As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    >> that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    >> hours.
    >>
    >> I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    >> about it.
    >>
    >> Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?

    >
    >How are you liking the program? I'm curious, since I recommended it
    >to you. Incidentally, I have an older version and have never been
    >able to get the e-mail to work. Pity.
    >
    >Dora


    I love it! I use it daily. What exactly does the email do to you in
    the older version?

    Also, what OS are you using?

  7. #7
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On 4/10/2011 4:26 PM, Landon wrote:
    > I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >
    > Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    > necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >
    > As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    > that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    > hours.
    >
    > I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    > about it.
    >
    > Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?


    I don't think they are at all interested in fixing it. The company that
    owns it, to my knowledge, never was the company that built it. They did
    change a little code to make it easier to load with Vista and Windows 7,
    so version 11 is really still version 9 with a little fix.



    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  8. #8
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On 4/10/2011 5:26 PM, Landon wrote:
    > I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >
    > Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    > necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >
    > As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    > that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    > hours.
    >
    > I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    > about it.
    >
    > Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?


    I have the same problem with exports and emails from Now You're Cooking.
    It's irritating to fix the alignment when I want to email a recipe.

  9. #9
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On 4/10/2011 7:59 PM, Cheryl wrote:
    > On 4/10/2011 5:26 PM, Landon wrote:
    >> I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >>
    >> Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    >> necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >>
    >> As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    >> that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    >> hours.
    >>
    >> I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    >> about it.
    >>
    >> Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?

    >
    > I have the same problem with exports and emails from Now You're Cooking.
    > It's irritating to fix the alignment when I want to email a recipe.


    Can't you just copy and paste? I do that all the time with Mastercook.
    Works for me.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  10. #10
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:40:14 -0500, Janet Wilder
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 4/10/2011 7:59 PM, Cheryl wrote:
    >> On 4/10/2011 5:26 PM, Landon wrote:
    >>> I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    >>> necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >>>
    >>> As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    >>> that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    >>> hours.
    >>>
    >>> I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    >>> about it.
    >>>
    >>> Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?

    >>
    >> I have the same problem with exports and emails from Now You're Cooking.
    >> It's irritating to fix the alignment when I want to email a recipe.

    >
    >Can't you just copy and paste? I do that all the time with Mastercook.
    >Works for me.


    Hi Janet, yes, the copy and paste method results in nearly identical
    misalignment of the ingredients listings. The columns didn't hold for
    the parts of each listing.

    Its got to be inside their "exporting" code. Someone forgot to tell it
    to align the columns in a text export.

    Very simple to fix. I'm sure someone must have mentioned it to them by
    now.

    You'd think...

  11. #11
    sf Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:09:18 -0400, Landon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Besides, there is NO way I'm coming out from retirement! I'm having
    > way too much fun!


    Not even for free upgrades for life? It's only a couple hours of your
    retirement that you'd sacrifice.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  12. #12
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:29:00 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:09:18 -0400, Landon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Besides, there is NO way I'm coming out from retirement! I'm having
    >> way too much fun!

    >
    >Not even for free upgrades for life? It's only a couple hours of your
    >retirement that you'd sacrifice.


    hehe, not even for that! Besides, I'm so busy you wouldn't believe it!
    I love projects! I always have several going. I couldn't wait to stop
    working for someone else, so I could do all the things I've always
    wanted to in the house and yard.

  13. #13
    susanexpress Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)


    thank you for your resourses, guy




    --
    susanexpress

  14. #14
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On 4/10/2011 9:08 PM, Landon wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:40:14 -0500, Janet Wilder
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/10/2011 7:59 PM, Cheryl wrote:
    >>> On 4/10/2011 5:26 PM, Landon wrote:
    >>>> I have a note to let you know if the email in MC-11 works now.
    >>>>
    >>>> Yes, it does, but there are minor text alignment fixes that are
    >>>> necessary to make it "recipe-card" ready.
    >>>>
    >>>> As a retired programmer, I find it amusing that they haven't fixed
    >>>> that yet. If I had their code, I could fix it in a matter of a few
    >>>> hours.
    >>>>
    >>>> I can only guess that the owners of the software really don't care
    >>>> about it.
    >>>>
    >>>> Jeeesh! A few "If-Thens" and some alignment code...how hard is that?
    >>>
    >>> I have the same problem with exports and emails from Now You're Cooking.
    >>> It's irritating to fix the alignment when I want to email a recipe.

    >>
    >> Can't you just copy and paste? I do that all the time with Mastercook.
    >> Works for me.

    >
    > Hi Janet, yes, the copy and paste method results in nearly identical
    > misalignment of the ingredients listings. The columns didn't hold for
    > the parts of each listing.
    >
    > Its got to be inside their "exporting" code. Someone forgot to tell it
    > to align the columns in a text export.
    >
    > Very simple to fix. I'm sure someone must have mentioned it to them by
    > now.
    >
    > You'd think...


    Are you signed up on the Yahoo Group? Post it there. One of the Pams
    could tell the company. They work with Valuesoft all the time.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  15. #15
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: PING: George Shirley (Ref: MC email)

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:38:03 -0500, Janet Wilder
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Very simple to fix. I'm sure someone must have mentioned it to them by
    >> now.
    >>
    >> You'd think...

    >
    >Are you signed up on the Yahoo Group? Post it there. One of the Pams
    >could tell the company. They work with Valuesoft all the time.


    The problem is so glaringly obvious that it could hardly be unknown.
    Since it hasn't been addressed, it tells me they don't want to pay a
    programmer to fix it.

    It's not a big deal to me. The information is all there in each
    recipe, it's just not aligned well.

    Purely cosmetic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32