Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

  1. #1
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)


  2. #2
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    James Silverton wrote:
    >
    >I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?


    Geeze... are you dyslexic? Sure sounds like a serious case of PE
    (Premature Ejaculation).

    You obviously have a problem with your masturbation grip or there is
    something seriously wrong with the configuration of your dick.
    Needle Dick, you're probably stymied by man-sized objects:
    http://www.crestplusscope.com/scope-brand.aspx
    http://www.listerine.com/

  3. #3
    Christopher Helms Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 8:33*am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    wrote:
    > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?



    The thin plastic is to save money, I would imagine. Not much comes in
    glass anymore, except pickles and baby food.

  4. #4
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 9:33*am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    wrote:
    > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    > --
    >


    Just transfer it into a sturdier container. I usually am driven to do
    this when confronted with childproof caps - HATE those things.

    I keep a small arsenal of bottles and jars for this express purpose.
    Also, great to make travel size alternatives.

  5. #5
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:07:45 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Helms
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mar 23, 8:33*am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    >wrote:
    >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    >
    >The thin plastic is to save money, I would imagine. Not much comes in
    >glass anymore, except pickles and baby food.


    There are still plenty of foods packaged in glass (jams/jellies,
    condiments of all kinds, spices, pickled fish, etc).

    More and more pickles (refrigerated type) are packaged in plastic jars
    but also in plastic film bags like kraut... I don't consider those
    vinegary thingies in jars pickles. I haven't looked at baby food jars
    in a very long time... but now cat food (Meow Mix) is packaged in
    plastic cups with foil pull tops... my cats seem to prefer it over
    Fancy Feast.
    http://meowmix.com/products/wet-food/singles/



  6. #6
    Jean B. Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    James Silverton wrote:
    > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?


    The last part is somewhat brand-specific. My daughter was told to
    use ACT while she had braces. You squeeze a small amount into the
    partitioned top area. I now sometimes use it myself and have
    had no problem with the amount I dispense. I suppose if one got a
    Costco-style oversized bottle, one might have to use enough
    pressure when holding it that it might be an issue.

    --
    Jean B.

  7. #7
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mar 23, 9:33*am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    >wrote:
    >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    >> --
    >>

    >
    >Just transfer it into a sturdier container.


    I think the national brands of mouth wash are packaged in very sturdy
    plastic bottles, I doubt the Hulk could crush a Scope bottle. James
    must be shopping for no-name brands at the 99 store. Just yesterday
    I bought a bottle of Listerine cinnamon mint at Walmart, has a very
    firm bottle and a very comfortable grip configuration... you'd have to
    be a real klutz to make a mess opening it. Some people are just
    natural slobs... you don't want to see what they do to a tube of
    toothpaste. The plastic containers I despise are those used for
    body/shower wash... more slippery than a soapy tit.... I wrap rubber
    bands around those containers... I save those fat elastics from
    bunches of broccoli and asparagus. I use those for stubborn jar lids
    too, and have one permanently on all my ink bottles.

  8. #8
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:40:09 -0400, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >James Silverton wrote:
    >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    >The last part is somewhat brand-specific. My daughter was told to
    >use ACT while she had braces. You squeeze a small amount into the
    > partitioned top area. I now sometimes use it myself and have
    >had no problem with the amount I dispense. I suppose if one got a
    >Costco-style oversized bottle, one might have to use enough
    >pressure when holding it that it might be an issue.


    Those over sized (bulk) containers were not meant for direct use, they
    are for refilling the regular sized containers

  9. #9
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 9:40*am, "Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote:
    > James Silverton wrote:
    > > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    > The last part is somewhat brand-specific. *My daughter was told to
    > use ACT while she had braces. *You squeeze a small amount into the
    > * partitioned top area. *I now sometimes use it myself and have
    > had no problem with the amount I dispense. *I suppose if one got a
    > Costco-style oversized bottle, one might have to use enough
    > pressure when holding it that it might be an issue.
    >
    > --
    > Jean B.


    My dentist also said to use ACT.....that portion bottle is a good
    thing, and I've never had it overflow. The OP needs to learn
    control. LOL.

    N.

  10. #10
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)


    On 23-Mar-2011, James Silverton <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    > --


    Mouthwash is only for people with wide-enough hands; it is intended that you
    grip the narrow sides, not the wide sides. If you grip the narrow sides,
    you avoid squirts; but, not sqwertz.
    --
    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  11. #11
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On 3/23/2011 12:04 PM, l, not -l wrote:
    > On 23-Mar-2011, James Silverton<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    >> --

    >
    > Mouthwash is only for people with wide-enough hands; it is intended that you
    > grip the narrow sides, not the wide sides. If you grip the narrow sides,
    > you avoid squirts; but, not sqwertz.


    Hah! The bottle collapses if you apply enough force one-handed to lift
    it no matter which side you hold. This is true for one liter CVS, Giant
    and Walgreen bottles but not for Listerine and I guess I'll have to try
    to remember to use two hands next time I open a new bottle. There is no
    dispensing device and, of course, they use those damned childproof
    (me-proof sometimes) caps.

    By the way what's ACT? My dentist says that I should a GUM brush dipped
    in mouthwash.

    --


    James Silverton, Potomac

    I'm "not"
    [email protected]

  12. #12
    Nad R Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    Kalmia <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Mar 23, 9:33 am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    >> --
    >>

    >
    > Just transfer it into a sturdier container. I usually am driven to do
    > this when confronted with childproof caps - HATE those things.
    >
    > I keep a small arsenal of bottles and jars for this express purpose.
    > Also, great to make travel size alternatives.


    Same here. I have a several small glass container sampler bottles for daily
    use.

    --
    Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

  13. #13
    .Stu Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:31:46 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:40:09 -0400, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>James Silverton wrote:
    >>> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >>> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >>> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >>
    >>The last part is somewhat brand-specific. My daughter was told to
    >>use ACT while she had braces. You squeeze a small amount into the
    >> partitioned top area. I now sometimes use it myself and have
    >>had no problem with the amount I dispense. I suppose if one got a
    >>Costco-style oversized bottle, one might have to use enough
    >>pressure when holding it that it might be an issue.

    >
    >Those over sized (bulk) containers were not meant for direct use, they
    >are for refilling the regular sized containers



    Most of the large cost co containers are specifically meant to be used by
    themselves and not transferred to another container, that's why they come with
    a pump. The containers they carry that must be transferred are for commercial
    use.

  14. #14
    Giusi Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)


    "The Cook" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:vlcko6p2u29rfni5mi7kacmcvtrrs[email protected]..
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:33:03 -0400, James Silverton> wrote:
    >
    >>I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> >>in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their

    >>weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    > Pour some of the bottle into another container.


    I do that because I don't like those ugly bottles in my bath. I pour it
    into a steel hipflask made for boozing hunters. Guests may wonder what I
    swig at the sink, but I don't care.



  15. #15
    The Cook Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:33:03 -0400, James Silverton
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?


    Pour some of the bottle into another container. I did that when I
    bought a large bottle of mouthwash at Costco. Or buy smaller bottles
    if it is that much of a problem. If you are squeezing out a bunch
    every time you pick it up you are probably not saving any money by
    buying the huge bottle.
    --
    Susan N.

    "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
    48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
    Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)

  16. #16
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 11:18*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    >
    > <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote:
    > >On Mar 23, 9:33 am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    > >wrote:
    > >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    > >> --

    >
    > >Just transfer it into a sturdier container. *

    >
    > I think the national brands of mouth wash are packaged in very sturdy
    > plastic bottles, I doubt the Hulk could crush a Scope bottle. *James
    > must be shopping for no-name brands at the 99 store. *Just yesterday
    > I bought a bottle of Listerine cinnamon mint at Walmart, has a very
    > firm bottle and a very comfortable grip configuration... you'd have to
    > be a real klutz to make a mess opening it. *Some people are just
    > natural slobs... you don't want to see what they do to a tube of
    > toothpaste. *The plastic containers I despise are those used for
    > body/shower wash... more slippery than a soapy tit.... I wrap rubber
    > bands around those containers... I save those fat elastics from
    > bunches of broccoli and asparagus. *I use those for stubborn jar lids
    > too, and have one permanently on all my ink bottles.


    Broccoli rubber bands are perfect for holding together the folded up
    end of toothpaste.
    I hoard and treasure anything that comes in a pump bottle. I
    transferred shower gel into one. The shower gel came in a huge bottle
    which could do foot damage it dropped. Plus, it had an awful poptop
    cap.

  17. #17
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 10:40*am, "Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote:
    > James Silverton wrote:
    > > I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > > in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > > weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    > The last part is somewhat brand-specific. *My daughter was told to
    > use ACT while she had braces. *You squeeze a small amount into the
    > * partitioned top area. *I now sometimes use it myself and have
    > had no problem with the amount I dispense. *I suppose if one got a
    > Costco-style oversized bottle, one might have to use enough
    > pressure when holding it that it might be an issue.
    >
    > --
    > Jean B.


    Act with the premeasured feature is impossible to refill. At least I
    couldn't find a way.

  18. #18
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Mar 23, 1:09*pm, "Giusi" <decob...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > "The Cook" <susan_r23...@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggionews:vlcko6p2u29rfni5mi7kacmcvtrrsh1fv7@4 ax.com...
    >
    > > On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:33:03 -0400, James Silverton> *wrote:

    >
    > >>I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    > >> >>in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    > >>weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?

    >
    > > Pour some of the bottle into another container.

    >
    > I do that because I don't like those ugly bottles in my bath. *I pour it
    > into a steel hipflask made for boozing hunters. *Guests may wonder whatI
    > swig at the sink, but I don't care.


    Geez, you're like me. I hate anything with writing on it. You won't
    find any old Budweiser team of horses on MY mantle, no matter HOW
    'valuable' they are. I even transfer the dish liquid into a plain,
    pump bottle left over from some liquid hand soap - with labels removed
    of course.




  19. #19
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:40:18 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mar 23, 11:18*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    >>
    >> <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote:
    >> >On Mar 23, 9:33 am, James Silverton <not.jim.silver...@verizon.net>
    >> >wrote:
    >> >> I guess it's only marginally food related but why is mouthwash packaged
    >> >> in thin plastic bottles that have to be gripped tightly because of their
    >> >> weight and then squirt several days supply onto the bathroom counter?
    >> >> --

    >>
    >> >Just transfer it into a sturdier container. *

    >>
    >> I think the national brands of mouth wash are packaged in very sturdy
    >> plastic bottles, I doubt the Hulk could crush a Scope bottle. *James
    >> must be shopping for no-name brands at the 99 store. *Just yesterday
    >> I bought a bottle of Listerine cinnamon mint at Walmart, has a very
    >> firm bottle and a very comfortable grip configuration... you'd have to
    >> be a real klutz to make a mess opening it. *Some people are just
    >> natural slobs... you don't want to see what they do to a tube of
    >> toothpaste. *The plastic containers I despise are those used for
    >> body/shower wash... more slippery than a soapy tit.... I wrap rubber
    >> bands around those containers... I save those fat elastics from
    >> bunches of broccoli and asparagus. *I use those for stubborn jar lids
    >> too, and have one permanently on all my ink bottles.

    >
    >Broccoli rubber bands are perfect for holding together the folded up
    >end of toothpaste.


    For all tubes I use those spring steel binder clips... I use them for
    securing lots of foods that are packaged in bags; chips, candies,
    cookies, etc.

    >I hoard and treasure anything that comes in a pump bottle. I
    >transferred shower gel into one. The shower gel came in a huge bottle
    >which could do foot damage it dropped. Plus, it had an awful poptop
    >cap.


    I gave up on shower gel, the price was becoming ridiculous, I went
    back to bar soap, I like Yardleys. For hand washing at the sink I
    prefer Soft Soap in the pump dispensor but I don't like Soft Soap for
    showering.

    Even though a bit pricy for bar soap it still costs less to use than
    shower gels... I think with the gels you're mostly paying for the
    container, the gel itself is cheap crap.
    http://www.yardleylondon.com/
    There are often great sale prices:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...soap&x=18&y=22


  20. #20
    Landon Guest

    Default Re: Pet peeve number 98562 (or something.)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:40:18 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Broccoli rubber bands are perfect for holding together the folded up
    >end of toothpaste.
    >I hoard and treasure anything that comes in a pump bottle. I
    >transferred shower gel into one. The shower gel came in a huge bottle
    >which could do foot damage it dropped. Plus, it had an awful poptop
    >cap.


    I use Phu Quoc Flying Lion Brand Fish Sauce.

    Love the stuff, but the damn flip top cap on it is so hard to open
    that I always have to use a bottle opener to pry it open. Jeeeez, why
    don't they just put a screw on cap on the stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32