Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: OT: wives at the Emmys

  1. #1
    Somebody Guest

    Default OT: wives at the Emmys

    Fair number of 20/30ish married to 60ish gray haired men. There were a few
    that looked around the same age of their 50/60ish husband, but that seemed
    to be the exception.

    One of the winners thanked his wonderful wife (seems to be standard you have
    to do now) and when they cut to her she looked about 18. And the guy was
    gray haired and in his 60s.

    I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their acceptance
    speech.



  2. #2
    graham Guest

    Default Re: wives at the Emmys

    >
    > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their
    > acceptance speech.
    >

    Why should they?



  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: wives at the Emmys

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:58:44 -0600, "graham" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >
    > > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their
    > > acceptance speech.
    > >

    > Why should they?
    >

    It seemed to be obligatory for a while there.

    --
    I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

  4. #4
    George M. Middius Guest

    Default Re: wives at the Emmys

    sf wrote:

    > > > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their
    > > > acceptance speech.
    > > >

    > > Why should they?
    > >

    > It seemed to be obligatory for a while there.


    The Foxbots actually counted the number of times Romney and Obama said
    "God" in their acceptance speeches.


  5. #5
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On Monday, September 24, 2012 12:06:18 AM UTC-4, Somebody wrote:
    > Fair number of 20/30ish married to 60ish gray haired men. There were a few
    >
    > that looked around the same age of their 50/60ish husband, but that seemed
    >
    > to be the exception.
    >
    >
    >
    > One of the winners thanked his wonderful wife (seems to be standard you have
    >
    > to do now) and when they cut to her she looked about 18. And the guy was
    >
    > gray haired and in his 60s.
    >
    >
    >
    > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their acceptance
    >
    > speech.e


    Easy to spot those May-October deals. She sticks with the old goat for a few years, cashes in via will or divorce decree, and THEN snags ol' Chip, the tennis pro, at the local watering hole. Some females have it made, but how do they face the gal in the mirror?


  6. #6
    gloria p Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On 9/24/2012 8:29 AM, Kalmia wrote:
    > On Monday, September 24, 2012 12:06:18 AM UTC-4, Somebody wrote:
    >> Fair number of 20/30ish married to 60ish gray haired men. There were a few
    >> that looked around the same age of their 50/60ish husband, but that seemed
    >> to be the exception.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> One of the winners thanked his wonderful wife (seems to be standard you have
    >>
    >> to do now) and when they cut to her she looked about 18. And the guy was
    >>
    >> gray haired and in his 60s.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Easy to spot those May-October deals. She sticks with the old goat for a few years, cashes in via will or divorce decree, and THEN snags ol' Chip, the tennis pro, at the local watering hole. Some females have it made, but how do they face the gal in the mirror?
    >



    No one is holding a gun to the Old Goat's head to choose a Child Bride.
    I'd say he's getting the better of the deal.

    gloria p

  7. #7
    sf Guest

    Default Re: wives at the Emmys

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:05:19 -0400, George M. Middius
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    >
    > > > > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their
    > > > > acceptance speech.
    > > > >
    > > > Why should they?
    > > >

    > > It seemed to be obligatory for a while there.

    >
    > The Foxbots actually counted the number of times Romney and Obama said
    > "God" in their acceptance speeches.


    It's ridiculous how they have to pander to that crowd.

    --
    I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

  8. #8
    Nancy Young Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On 9/24/2012 12:27 PM, gloria p wrote:
    > On 9/24/2012 8:29 AM, Kalmia wrote:


    >> Easy to spot those May-October deals. She sticks with the old goat
    >> for a few years, cashes in via will or divorce decree, and THEN snags
    >> ol' Chip, the tennis pro, at the local watering hole. Some females
    >> have it made, but how do they face the gal in the mirror?


    > No one is holding a gun to the Old Goat's head to choose a Child Bride.
    > I'd say he's getting the better of the deal.


    The guy can marry someone his own age, no one is stopping him,
    as you say. Why look down on the woman, she's not tricking him
    into it. He is an equal party in the deal.

    nancy


  9. #9
    gloria p Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On 9/24/2012 11:26 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
    > On 9/24/2012 12:27 PM, gloria p wrote:
    >> On 9/24/2012 8:29 AM, Kalmia wrote:

    >
    >>> Easy to spot those May-October deals. She sticks with the old goat
    >>> for a few years, cashes in via will or divorce decree, and THEN snags
    >>> ol' Chip, the tennis pro, at the local watering hole. Some females
    >>> have it made, but how do they face the gal in the mirror?

    >
    >> No one is holding a gun to the Old Goat's head to choose a Child Bride.
    >> I'd say he's getting the better of the deal.

    >
    > The guy can marry someone his own age, no one is stopping him,
    > as you say. Why look down on the woman, she's not tricking him
    > into it. He is an equal party in the deal.
    >
    > nancy
    >



    Absolutely. I'm sure the aim is to make him feel young and virile.
    I wonder if it soon has the opposite effect. And whether he reminds her
    of his father or grandfather.

    Life is filled with choices. Unfortunately it has gotten way too easy
    and acceptable to make them without much thought and to remedy the bad
    decisions too easily.

    gloria p

  10. #10
    Chemo Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On Sep 23, 9:06*pm, "Somebody" <v...@glorious.com> wrote:
    > Fair number of 20/30ish married to 60ish gray haired men. There were a few
    > that looked around the same age of their 50/60ish husband, but that seemed
    > to be the exception.
    >
    > One of the winners thanked his wonderful wife (seems to be standard you have
    > to do now) and when they cut to her she looked about 18. And the guy was
    > gray haired and in his 60s.
    >
    > I just realized: I didn't hear anyone thank Jesus or God in their acceptance
    > speech.


    Jealous?

  11. #11
    Nancy Young Guest

    Default Re: OT: wives at the Emmys

    On 9/24/2012 6:41 PM, gloria p wrote:
    > On 9/24/2012 11:26 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
    >> On 9/24/2012 12:27 PM, gloria p wrote:
    >>> On 9/24/2012 8:29 AM, Kalmia wrote:

    >>
    >>>> Easy to spot those May-October deals. She sticks with the old goat
    >>>> for a few years, cashes in via will or divorce decree, and THEN snags
    >>>> ol' Chip, the tennis pro, at the local watering hole. Some females
    >>>> have it made, but how do they face the gal in the mirror?

    >>
    >>> No one is holding a gun to the Old Goat's head to choose a Child Bride.
    >>> I'd say he's getting the better of the deal.

    >>
    >> The guy can marry someone his own age, no one is stopping him,
    >> as you say. Why look down on the woman, she's not tricking him
    >> into it. He is an equal party in the deal.


    > Absolutely. I'm sure the aim is to make him feel young and virile.
    > I wonder if it soon has the opposite effect.


    You'd think, right? I guess the money/power evens the score.

    > And whether he reminds her
    > of his father or grandfather.
    >
    > Life is filled with choices. Unfortunately it has gotten way too easy
    > and acceptable to make them without much thought and to remedy the bad
    > decisions too easily.


    You know what they say, Marry for money and you will earn every penny.

    People get married for all kinds of reasons, security being one. Or
    having a really good looking companion might be another. Either way,
    it's their life.

    nancy




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32