Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    And the winning numbers could be...

    05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01

    Good luck players!

    Andy

  2. #2
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    On Oct 29, 11:35*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball
    >
    > And the winning numbers could be...
    >
    > 05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01
    >
    > Good luck players!



    I never in my life bought a ticket till the other night. When I
    got home I boiled a pot of spaghetti on one burner while heating up
    some good home-made sauce on another. The ticket was in my shirt
    pocket and fell into the sauce. I tried to retrieve it but it was too
    hot. By the time I got a spoon to dish it out it was already
    disintegrated (I like my spaghetti sauce over-cooked). I am convinced
    I had the winning numbers. Sure, they might have a record of my
    ticket purchase at the store, but I don't feel I deserve the money for
    being so stupid. So I'm going to forfeit the cash and go on living as
    I always have, broke. I think too much money might not be good for
    me. I'm glad I lost the ticket. In fact, that spaghetti sauce turned
    out better than any I've ever made. I think next time I make it I'll
    buy 20 lotto tickets and toss them into the sauce for added flavor.

    TJ

  3. #3
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    Tommy Joe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Oct 29, 11:35*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball
    >>
    >> And the winning numbers could be...
    >>
    >> 05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01
    >>
    >> Good luck players!

    >
    >
    > I never in my life bought a ticket till the other night. When I
    > got home I boiled a pot of spaghetti on one burner while heating up
    > some good home-made sauce on another. The ticket was in my shirt
    > pocket and fell into the sauce. I tried to retrieve it but it was too
    > hot. By the time I got a spoon to dish it out it was already
    > disintegrated (I like my spaghetti sauce over-cooked). I am convinced
    > I had the winning numbers. Sure, they might have a record of my
    > ticket purchase at the store, but I don't feel I deserve the money for
    > being so stupid. So I'm going to forfeit the cash and go on living as
    > I always have, broke. I think too much money might not be good for
    > me. I'm glad I lost the ticket. In fact, that spaghetti sauce turned
    > out better than any I've ever made. I think next time I make it I'll
    > buy 20 lotto tickets and toss them into the sauce for added flavor.



    TJ,

    You'll have another chance on Wednesday. $245M.

    The tickets are probably probably printed with vegetable oil ink like
    modern day newspaper print. My advice, the odds are not worth $20 to flavor
    your next salad.

    Falling into that kind of money could cause mental and physical problems.
    Most people don't know how to handle high finance. Myself? If I won, the
    first thing I'd do is binge, drinking a lot of Dom Perignon, eat caviar and
    truffle and lobster omelets for a week, then come to my senses and like
    magic, <poof> disappear!!!

    Good luck if you re-play on Wednesday.

    Best,

    Andy


  4. #4
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    On Oct 30, 1:43*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > Tommy Joe <j...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    > > On Oct 29, 11:35*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >> OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    >
    > >> And the winning numbers could be...

    >
    > >> 05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01

    >
    > >> Good luck players!

    >
    > > * * I never in my life bought a ticket till the other night. *When I
    > > got home I boiled a pot of spaghetti on one burner while heating up
    > > some good home-made sauce on another. *The ticket was in my shirt
    > > pocket and fell into the sauce. *I tried to retrieve it but it was too
    > > hot. *By the time I got a spoon to dish it out it was already
    > > disintegrated (I like my spaghetti sauce over-cooked). *I am convinced
    > > I had the winning numbers. *Sure, they might have a record of my
    > > ticket purchase at the store, but I don't feel I deserve the money for
    > > being so stupid. *So I'm going to forfeit the cash and go on living as
    > > I always have, broke. *I think too much money might not be good for
    > > me. *I'm glad I lost the ticket. *In fact, that spaghetti sauce turned
    > > out better than any I've ever made. *I think next time I make it I'll
    > > buy 20 lotto tickets and toss them into the sauce for added flavor.

    >
    > TJ,
    >
    > You'll have another chance on Wednesday. $245M.
    >
    > The tickets are probably probably printed with vegetable oil ink like
    > modern day newspaper print. My advice, the odds are not worth $20 to flavor
    > your next salad.
    >
    > Falling into that kind of money could cause mental and physical problems.
    > Most people don't know how to handle high finance. Myself? If I won, the
    > first thing I'd do is binge, drinking a lot of Dom Perignon, eat caviar and
    > truffle and lobster omelets for a week, then come to my senses and like
    > magic, <poof> disappear!!!
    >
    > Good luck if you re-play on Wednesday.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy



    Actually Andy, I have never played. The few times I do play it's
    with the scatch-offs. I hate holding on to a tiny piece of paper with
    numbers on it. That's my main reason for not playing the lotto. I
    agree with you about most people not knowing how to handle sudden
    wealth (or sudden poverty either). But I could. I live close to the
    ground, eat at home, drink at home, get most of my clothes at the
    thrift store. You can do that when you're good looking like me.
    Anyway, thanks for wishing me good luck but I'm not playing this week
    or any week, at least not planning on it. Of course my spaghetti
    story was pure fiction, but it is fact when I say I don't like the
    lotto because I don't like having to haul around a tiny piece of
    papers with a bunch of numbers on it like it's a genie in a bottle or
    something. I'm lazy Andy. I want to hit the lottery but I'm too
    cheap to buy the ticket.

    But I'll take it if it comes,
    TJ

  5. #5
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    On Oct 30, 1:43*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > Tommy Joe <j...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    > > On Oct 29, 11:35*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >> OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    >
    > >> And the winning numbers could be...

    >
    > >> 05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01

    >
    > >> Good luck players!

    >
    > > * * I never in my life bought a ticket till the other night. *When I
    > > got home I boiled a pot of spaghetti on one burner while heating up
    > > some good home-made sauce on another. *The ticket was in my shirt
    > > pocket and fell into the sauce. *I tried to retrieve it but it was too
    > > hot. *By the time I got a spoon to dish it out it was already
    > > disintegrated (I like my spaghetti sauce over-cooked). *I am convinced
    > > I had the winning numbers. *Sure, they might have a record of my
    > > ticket purchase at the store, but I don't feel I deserve the money for
    > > being so stupid. *So I'm going to forfeit the cash and go on living as
    > > I always have, broke. *I think too much money might not be good for
    > > me. *I'm glad I lost the ticket. *In fact, that spaghetti sauce turned
    > > out better than any I've ever made. *I think next time I make it I'll
    > > buy 20 lotto tickets and toss them into the sauce for added flavor.

    >
    > TJ,
    >
    > You'll have another chance on Wednesday. $245M.
    >
    > The tickets are probably probably printed with vegetable oil ink like
    > modern day newspaper print. My advice, the odds are not worth $20 to flavor
    > your next salad.
    >
    > Falling into that kind of money could cause mental and physical problems.
    > Most people don't know how to handle high finance. Myself? If I won, the
    > first thing I'd do is binge, drinking a lot of Dom Perignon, eat caviar and
    > truffle and lobster omelets for a week, then come to my senses and like
    > magic, <poof> disappear!!!
    >
    > Good luck if you re-play on Wednesday.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy



    Sorry Andy, honesty is important to me. Just now reading my
    first post I made a mistake in saying I have never played the lotto.
    I've bought a few tickets in my life, but I don't make a habit of it.
    Too annoying, almost like being chained into something, carrying that
    tiny piece of paper around or hiding it in a drawer or whatever. So
    when I said I never played, that was not true, although it is true
    that I very rarely play, and when I do it's usually a scratch off
    ticket. Had to correct that due to an anal form of honesty that more
    people should have.

    TJ

  6. #6
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    Tommy Joe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sorry Andy, honesty is important to me. Just now reading my
    > first post I made a mistake in saying I have never played the lotto.
    > I've bought a few tickets in my life, but I don't make a habit of it.
    > Too annoying, almost like being chained into something, carrying that
    > tiny piece of paper around or hiding it in a drawer or whatever. So
    > when I said I never played, that was not true, although it is true
    > that I very rarely play, and when I do it's usually a scratch off
    > ticket. Had to correct that due to an anal form of honesty that more
    > people should have.



    Tommy Joe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Oct 30, 1:43*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> Tommy Joe <j...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    >> > On Oct 29, 11:35*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> >> OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    >>
    >> >> And the winning numbers could be...

    >>
    >> >> 05 20 24 27 41 PB: 01

    >>
    >> >> Good luck players!

    >>
    >> > * * I never in my life bought a ticket till the other night. *Whe

    > n I
    >> > got home I boiled a pot of spaghetti on one burner while heating up
    >> > some good home-made sauce on another. *The ticket was in my shirt
    >> > pocket and fell into the sauce. *I tried to retrieve it but it was
    >> > to

    > o
    >> > hot. *By the time I got a spoon to dish it out it was already
    >> > disintegrated (I like my spaghetti sauce over-cooked). *I am
    >> > convince

    > d
    >> > I had the winning numbers. *Sure, they might have a record of my
    >> > ticket purchase at the store, but I don't feel I deserve the money
    >> > for being so stupid. *So I'm going to forfeit the cash and go on
    >> > living a

    > s
    >> > I always have, broke. *I think too much money might not be good for
    >> > me. *I'm glad I lost the ticket. *In fact, that spaghetti sauce tur

    > ned
    >> > out better than any I've ever made. *I think next time I make it
    >> > I'll buy 20 lotto tickets and toss them into the sauce for added
    >> > flavor.

    >>
    >> TJ,
    >>
    >> You'll have another chance on Wednesday. $245M.
    >>
    >> The tickets are probably probably printed with vegetable oil ink like
    >> modern day newspaper print. My advice, the odds are not worth $20 to
    >> flav

    > or
    >> your next salad.
    >>
    >> Falling into that kind of money could cause mental and physical
    >> problems. Most people don't know how to handle high finance. Myself?
    >> If I won, the first thing I'd do is binge, drinking a lot of Dom
    >> Perignon, eat caviar a

    > nd
    >> truffle and lobster omelets for a week, then come to my senses and
    >> like magic, <poof> disappear!!!
    >>
    >> Good luck if you re-play on Wednesday.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    >
    > Sorry Andy, honesty is important to me. Just now reading my
    > first post I made a mistake in saying I have never played the lotto.
    > I've bought a few tickets in my life, but I don't make a habit of it.
    > Too annoying, almost like being chained into something, carrying that
    > tiny piece of paper around or hiding it in a drawer or whatever. So
    > when I said I never played, that was not true, although it is true
    > that I very rarely play, and when I do it's usually a scratch off
    > ticket. Had to correct that due to an anal form of honesty that more
    > people should have.



    TJ,

    Any practical thinking person realizes the odds are dead against you!

    It's a 195,000,000:1 shot, thereabouts.

    Still, to win $245M for $1.00 is worth a buck!

    Best,

    Andy

  7. #7
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    "Always tell the truth and you won't have to remember anything."
    --Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    Andy wrote:

    >"Always tell the truth and you won't have to remember anything."
    >--Mark Twain


    "Tell the truth and you won't need a good memory."
    --Judge Judy.

  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > Andy wrote:
    >
    >>"Always tell the truth and you won't have to remember anything."
    >>--Mark Twain

    >
    > "Tell the truth and you won't need a good memory."
    > --Judge Judy.



    Sheldon,

    HA!!!!!!

    Best,

    Andy

  10. #10
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    On Oct 30, 8:10 am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:

    > Any practical thinking person realizes the odds are dead against you!
    >
    > It's a 195,000,000:1 shot, thereabouts.
    >
    > Still, to win $245M for $1.00 is worth a buck!




    Tell the truth, wouldn't you rather have 2,450 tickets worth
    $100,000 each? I would. Better chance. I know the cost for a ticket
    is low, only a buck a ticket and someone's got to win. Sure you have
    a shot, not disputing that, and also not putting down those who play.
    Of course the odds are heavily against you, it's a lottery. I don't
    know, to me it's just a chore to get the ticket and wait to confirm
    the numbers, it's sort of like having a chain around my neck. But
    maybe that's just me. Maybe brooklyn1 was right, maybe I should see a
    shrink. But they cost too much money. Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket
    after all. If I win I'll be able to pay for the most expensive
    services of the most revered and respected psychiatrists of our land.

    Off my head, love it that way - can't help it - I have to tell
    you the truth (even if it's fiction this time) - I hit the lottery
    several years ago. It was a big one. They had me on the news. I
    didn't like that. Sure enough, about a week later I was accosted by
    two men on the street outside my living quarters who demanded money
    from me. I said I had none. "Bull****", one of them said, "we seen
    you in the papers man." I pushed the dude away and bolted.

    The next day I went out and bought a gun for protection. Later
    that night I went for a walk. I had the gun in my pocket - for
    protection. So I'm walking across the street about 3 in the morning
    and a cop stops me and wants to know why I didn't use the cross-walk.
    He's out of his car with his ticket book out. "I'm writing you up for
    jay-walking", he says. I then made a foolish mistake by arguing with
    him. I forgot I had the gun because I wasn't accustomed to carrying
    one. So we're disagreeing about the ticket when suddenly he senses
    I'm some sort of threat, why I don't know. He orders me against a
    wall and searches me and find the gun.

    "What the hell is this?", he says with a smirk.

    "It's for protection", I said. He said he was going to have to
    take me in, sorry. I said you don't understand, I'm the guy who was
    in the news for hitting the lottery. I need the gun for protection to
    not get robbed." Again he said he was sorry, hand-cuffed me and took
    me in for a booking and release about an hour later.

    When I got home my hidden wall safe was broken into and all my
    money was gone - all $3,000,000 of it. I never trusted banks so I
    kept it at home. When I reached in and found no money I saw a small
    piece of paper deep inside the safe. It was a 5 by 7 photo of the cop
    who had arrested me. In the photo he was laughing. On the back he
    had written, "Everybody's out to get you." ..................
    Actually, I just made that story up on the fly, which is a selfish
    thing I do from time to time. Selfish in the sense that I am not
    content to write it just for myself but feel the need to force it on
    other peope, as I did just now.

    TJ


  11. #11
    Tommy Joe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Tonight's $203M Powerball

    On Oct 30, 10:22*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:


    > "Always tell the truth and you won't have to remember anything."
    > --Mark Twain




    I'll try to remember that.

    TJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32