Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

  1. #1
    gloria.p Guest

    Default OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?



    I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    today, June 17, 1994.

    The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    they followed the details of the chase."

    Do you remember?

    We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    air conditioning. We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. We were watching something
    like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.

    OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    sauce of soy and sesame oil.

    I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    peppers would have helped.

    gloria p

  2. #2
    Sky Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    gloria.p wrote:
    >
    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?
    >
    > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > air conditioning. We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. We were watching something
    > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.
    >
    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > sauce of soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    > peppers would have helped.
    >
    > gloria p


    Thankfully, the OJ freeway episode I barely remember, if at all. I wish
    otherwise however, that incidents like 9/11 and OKC hadn't happened, and
    I very distinctly remember where and what I was doing when both those
    tragedies happened

    Sky

    OBFood: Did bacon duty again tonight - long overdue!

    --
    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

  3. #3
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Wed 17 Jun 2009 08:27:53p, gloria.p told us...

    >
    >
    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?
    >
    > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > air conditioning. We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. We were watching something
    > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.


    We had just moved into our last house in Ohio and were home that week
    unpacking. I don't think it mattered where you were...it seemed surreal.

    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > sauce of soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    > peppers would have helped.


    Dinner tonight was a traditional quiche lorraine, a salad of wild greens
    with a mild mustardy vinaigrette, and fresh peach shortcake.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All sorrows are less with bread. ~Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote




  4. #4
    cybercat Guest

    Default Re: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?


    "gloria.p" <[email protected]> wrote
    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia onion,
    > red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a sauce of
    > soy and sesame oil.


    This sounds really good.



  5. #5
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    Gloria wrote:

    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?


    I was at home in San Diego, marveling at the special treatment given to the
    murder suspect simply because the suspect was famous and the case was in the
    public eye. There's no way *all* murder suspects get that kind of
    consideration!


    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia onion,
    > red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a sauce of
    > soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but not
    > as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red peppers
    > would have helped.


    Lunch tonight is a sandwich: A big French sandwich roll, slices of
    lime-chipotle grilled pork tenderloin which were lightly drizzled with Maggi
    sauce, and cabbage and halved cherry tomatoes which were salted, sprinkled
    with white pepper, and soaked in rice wine vinegar. I plan to heat the pork
    before putting it into the sandwich. I haven't figured out what I'm going to
    cook when I get home tomorrow morning; it'll probably be a tiny bit of
    prosciutto and cantaloupe so that I don't go to bed hungry.

    Bob


  6. #6
    phaeton Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    gloria.p wrote:
    >
    >
    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?
    >
    > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > air conditioning. We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. We were watching something
    > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.
    >
    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > sauce of soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    > peppers would have helped.
    >
    > gloria p


    I agree with Sky. While I *do* remember where I was during the time, I
    didn't stay to watch it. I've never considered it a huge event in
    history, for me.... Things like 9/11, the OKC bombing, the Challenger
    Disaster and numerous forest fires around my home, etc... I remember
    quite well.

    Strangely, I don't recall the media (or anyone) making a huge deal out
    of the first WTC attack, or the attack on the USS Cole. Maybe it's
    hindsight perception though.

  7. #7
    sf Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:52:18 -0500, phaeton <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Strangely, I don't recall the media (or anyone) making a huge deal out
    >of the first WTC attack,


    Oh, my goodness where were you at the time? I was awakened by my
    neighbor calling me to turn on the TV. It was on every channel
    here... or are you talking about the truck bomb a few years earlier?
    That one got press too. So did Oklahoma.

    >or the attack on the USS Cole. Maybe it's hindsight perception though.


    It got lots of press, but not as much or as sustained as WTC IMO.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  8. #8
    phaeton Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    sf wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:52:18 -0500, phaeton <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Strangely, I don't recall the media (or anyone) making a huge deal out
    >> of the first WTC attack,

    >
    > Oh, my goodness where were you at the time? I was awakened by my
    > neighbor calling me to turn on the TV. It was on every channel
    > here... or are you talking about the truck bomb a few years earlier?
    > That one got press too. So did Oklahoma.
    >
    >> or the attack on the USS Cole. Maybe it's hindsight perception though.

    >
    > It got lots of press, but not as much or as sustained as WTC IMO.
    >


    Yes, I was referring to the 1993 car bomb explosion at the base of the WTC.

  9. #9
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Jun 17, 11:39*pm, Sky <skyho...@NOsbcglobal.SnPeAtM> wrote:
    > gloria.p wrote:
    >
    > > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > > today, June 17, 1994.

    >
    > > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > > they followed the details of the chase."

    >
    > > Do you remember?

    >
    > > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > > air conditioning. *We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. *We were watching something
    > > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.

    >
    > > OBFood: *Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > > sauce of soy and sesame oil.

    >
    > > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > > not as spicy as I had expected. *A few of those little dried hot red
    > > peppers would have helped.

    >
    > > gloria p

    >
    > Thankfully, the OJ freeway episode I barely remember, if at all. *I wish
    > otherwise however, that incidents like 9/11 and OKC hadn't happened, and
    > I very distinctly remember where and what I was doing when both those
    > tragedies happened
    >
    > Sky
    >
    > OBFood: *Did bacon duty again tonight - long overdue!
    >
    > --
    > Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    > Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!


    I remember my 9/11 and OKC days well, but nothing like the details I
    recall of 11-22-63. I can relive just about every hour of that day.

    I missed the bronco episode - was on a road trip at the time.

  10. #10
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bobo_Bonobo=AE?= Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Jun 18, 6:23*am, Kalmia <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 11:39*pm, Sky <skyho...@NOsbcglobal.SnPeAtM> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > gloria.p wrote:

    >
    > > > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > > > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > > > today, June 17, 1994.

    >
    > > > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > > > they followed the details of the chase."

    >
    > > > Do you remember?

    >
    > > > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > > > air conditioning. *We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > > > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. *We were watching something
    > > > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > > > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.

    >
    > > > OBFood: *Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > > > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > > > sauce of soy and sesame oil.

    >
    > > > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > > > not as spicy as I had expected. *A few of those little dried hot red
    > > > peppers would have helped.

    >
    > > > gloria p

    >
    > > Thankfully, the OJ freeway episode I barely remember, if at all. *I wish
    > > otherwise however, that incidents like 9/11 and OKC hadn't happened, and
    > > I very distinctly remember where and what I was doing when both those
    > > tragedies happened

    >
    > > Sky

    >
    > > OBFood: *Did bacon duty again tonight - long overdue!

    >
    > > --
    > > Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    > > Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

    >
    > I remember my 9/11 and OKC days well, but nothing like the details I
    > recall of 11-22-63. *I can relive just about every hour of that day.
    >

    I think that was the first time I ever saw my mother cry. I had just
    turned three.

    --Bryan

  11. #11
    George Shirley Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    gloria.p wrote:
    >
    >
    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?
    >
    > We were in a gorgeous hotel in Cabo San Lucas, lying around enjoying the
    > air conditioning. We had been walking the beach and it was hovering
    > around 100 degrees, very uncomfortably hot. We were watching something
    > like CNN, an English broadcast news station, and couldn't decide whether
    > or not it was a hoax, it all seemed so strange.
    >
    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > sauce of soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    > peppers would have helped.
    >
    > gloria p


    Dinner last night was chicken breast quesadillas with home grown sweet
    chiles, onion, and Mexican white cheese on whole wheat tortillas. Cherry
    tomato halves from the garden decorated the tops as did the salsa.

    We watched the car chase as it happened too, if it had been in Louisiana
    some police officer would have shot the bastid if he didn't stop.

  12. #12
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    Bobo wrote:

    >> I remember my 9/11 and OKC days well, but nothing like the details I
    >> recall of 11-22-63. I can relive just about every hour of that day.

    >
    > I think that was the first time I ever saw my mother cry. I had just
    > turned three.


    My mother had cried earlier that year, when Pope John XXIII died. Then she
    cried again when Kennedy was shot.

    Bob


  13. #13
    >Stu Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:27:53 -0600, "gloria.p" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >
    >
    >I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    >are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    >today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    >The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    >they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    >Do you remember?


    At work, trying to get some work done but the fools kept turning the
    damn TV on. Who gives a **** about OJ, he killed his wife and because
    he was a celebrity he got preferential treatment, he should of got the
    needle.

  14. #14
    sf Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 06:49:39 -0500, George Shirley
    <gshirl@bellso[email protected]> wrote:

    >We watched the car chase as it happened too, if it had been in Louisiana
    >some police officer would have shot the bastid if he didn't stop.


    I doubt they would have shot a well known celebrity although I
    couldn't blame them if they shot out his tires.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  15. #15
    >Stu Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:46:39 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 06:49:39 -0500, George Shirley
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>We watched the car chase as it happened too, if it had been in Louisiana
    >>some police officer would have shot the bastid if he didn't stop.

    >
    >I doubt they would have shot a well known celebrity although I
    >couldn't blame them if they shot out his tires.


    Come on, he's a person like the rest of us. So he was a good
    quarterback, whoopee. You don't stop when you're told to by the police
    then you get what you deserve, even if it's a bullet. I have no
    respect for some celebrity that thinks the law doesn't apply to them,
    he should of got the needle instead of jail time.

  16. #16
    sf Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:53:39 -0500, ">Stu" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Come on, he's a person like the rest of us. So he was a good
    >quarterback, whoopee. You don't stop when you're told to by the police
    >then you get what you deserve, even if it's a bullet.


    Which only goes to show you'd make a lousy policeman. Real life isn't
    TV or the movies. People get shot and policemen are relieved of duty
    while the situation is fully investigated and "the victim's" family
    sues everybody in sight.

    >I have no
    >respect for some celebrity that thinks the law doesn't apply to them,
    >he should of got the needle instead of jail time.


    The jury decided that part. I think he's guilty too, but they didn't.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  17. #17
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    gloria.p wrote:

    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?


    No. I have no idea. I just remember seeing endless replays and wondering
    why the police weren't more aggressive in chasing down a suspect in a
    vicious murder.

    >
    > OBFood: Dinner tonight was stir fried chicken breast with Vidalia
    > onion, red and yellow peppers, sugar-snap peas, garlic and ginger with a
    > sauce of soy and sesame oil.
    >
    > I was uninspired to marinate the meat before cooking so it was OK but
    > not as spicy as I had expected. A few of those little dried hot red
    > peppers would have helped.


    Cutting up the meat and giving it a liberal sprinkling of salt and a
    bit of pepper and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes helps to give
    chicken breast flavour a boost before stir frying.

  18. #18
    >Me Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:11:37 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:53:39 -0500, ">Stu" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Come on, he's a person like the rest of us. So he was a good
    >>quarterback, whoopee. You don't stop when you're told to by the police
    >>then you get what you deserve, even if it's a bullet.

    >
    >Which only goes to show you'd make a lousy policeman. Real life isn't
    >TV or the movies. People get shot and policemen are relieved of duty
    >while the situation is fully investigated and "the victim's" family
    >sues everybody in sight.


    Really, I thought your police were like Bad Boys, Cops, or Extreme
    police chases.. run from us and we'll shoot you.


    >
    >>I have no
    >>respect for some celebrity that thinks the law doesn't apply to them,
    >>he should of got the needle instead of jail time.

    >
    >The jury decided that part. I think he's guilty too, but they didn't.


  19. #19
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?

    On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:27:53 -0600, gloria.p wrote:

    > I'm watching the early news (9PM in Denver) and they're doing a "Where
    > are they now?" segment on OJ's car chase by the LAPD, FIFTEEN years ago
    > today, June 17, 1994.
    >
    > The reporter said "Most Americans remember exactly where they were when
    > they followed the details of the chase."
    >
    > Do you remember?
    >


    **** no.

    your pal,
    blake

  20. #20
    cybercat Guest

    Default Re: OT: Slow White Bronco -- do you remember?


    ">Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:11:37 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:53:39 -0500, ">Stu" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Come on, he's a person like the rest of us. So he was a good
    >>>quarterback, whoopee. You don't stop when you're told to by the police
    >>>then you get what you deserve, even if it's a bullet.

    >>
    >>Which only goes to show you'd make a lousy policeman. Real life isn't
    >>TV or the movies. People get shot and policemen are relieved of duty
    >>while the situation is fully investigated and "the victim's" family
    >>sues everybody in sight.

    >
    > Really, I thought your police were like Bad Boys, Cops, or Extreme
    > police chases.. run from us and we'll shoot you.
    >
    >

    Cool, SF has her own cops?! Can I rent one for my July 4th party?



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32