Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    Are you superstitious?

    If you are, which superstitions are they?

    I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.

    My sister's birthday is on the 13th so she's had a bunch of Friday the 13th
    birthdays. She's not superstitious either.

    Andy

  2. #2
    Kate Connally Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On 5/13/2011 5:42 AM, Andy wrote:
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?
    >
    > If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >
    > I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >
    > My sister's birthday is on the 13th so she's had a bunch of Friday the 13th
    > birthdays. She's not superstitious either.
    >
    > Andy


    Not superstitious but I still get a teensy bit nervous
    on Friday the 13th. And sometimes I say knock on wood
    and knock my knuckles on my head. That's about it.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    mailto:[email protected]

  3. #3
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On 2011-05-13, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?


    Not at all. Besides, jes got DVD of Harry Potter and the Deathly
    Hallows Pt I from Netflix. w00t!

    nb

  4. #4
    Christopher Helms Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On May 13, 4:42*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?
    >
    > If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >
    > I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >
    > My sister's birthday is on the 13th so she's had a bunch of Friday the 13th
    > birthdays. She's not superstitious either.
    >
    > Andy



    I've never had any particularly bad luck on a Friday The 13th. Triple
    numbers like 10/10/2010 seem to be another story with me. Black cats
    crossing my path mean nothing. Brownish ones are another matter
    entirely.

  5. #5
    merryb Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On May 13, 2:42*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?
    >
    > If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >
    > I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >
    > My sister's birthday is on the 13th so she's had a bunch of Friday the 13th
    > birthdays. She's not superstitious either.
    >
    > Andy


    LOL- my husband was born on June 6, 1966...

  6. #6
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On 13/05/2011 12:05 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
    >
    >
    > Not superstitious but I still get a teensy bit nervous
    > on Friday the 13th. And sometimes I say knock on wood
    > and knock my knuckles on my head. That's about it.



    I have no problem at all with Friday the 13th. A lot of people think it
    is something special. FWIW, there is a motorcycle gathering in Port
    Dover ON every Friday the 13th. My road is a popular one for people
    coming from or through the Niagara area so there have been motorcycles
    going by all day.


    I don't bother with it. It is a nice town to visit at other times, but
    10-12,000 motorcyclists all out to the same place to demonstrate their
    individuality?? I don't even like riding with groups of bikers. I lie
    the idea of being out on my own.


  7. #7
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On May 13, 4:42*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?
    >
    > If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >
    > I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >
    > My sister's birthday is on the 13th so she's had a bunch of Friday the 13th
    > birthdays. She's not superstitious either.
    >
    > Andy


    I got as hospice nurse job interview this Fri 13! Is that cool or
    what? ;-)

    John Kuthe...

  8. #8
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!


    "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]..
    > OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >
    > Are you superstitious?
    >
    > If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >
    > I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >

    Not walking under a ladder just makes good sense. Ever watch The Three
    Stooges?

    Jill


  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >>
    >> Are you superstitious?
    >>
    >> If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >>
    >> I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >>

    > Not walking under a ladder just makes good sense. Ever watch The
    > Three Stooges?
    >
    > Jill



    Jill,

    Mom wouldn't let us watch them because of our sister! ((

    She was so over-protected.

    Much later I did watch. Even lived in the house that Moe built, for his
    Mom, in L.A.

    It was hauanted! Every so often in the quiet darkness of the morning,
    we'd hear "nyuk! Nyuk!! NYUK!!!" coming from the attic. <VBG>

    But there really WAS a "diary" of the house they created and left behind
    for our friend, the following owner, to continue.

    Best,

    Andy

  10. #10
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On Sat, 14 May 2011 13:01:38 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > Much later I did watch. Even lived in the house that Moe built, for his
    > Mom, in L.A.
    >
    > It was hauanted! Every so often in the quiet darkness of the morning,
    > we'd hear "nyuk! Nyuk!! NYUK!!!" coming from the attic. <VBG>


    Why would Moe's mom's house be haunted by Curly?

    Was Curly banging Moe's mom? Because you have your Nyuk's backwards
    as if Curly is busting a nut.

    -sw

  11. #11
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On Sat, 14 May 2011 13:01:38 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Andy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>> OT: Happy Friday the 13th!
    >>>
    >>> Are you superstitious?
    >>>
    >>> If you are, which superstitions are they?
    >>>
    >>> I probably wouldn't walk under a ladder.
    >>>

    >> Not walking under a ladder just makes good sense. Ever watch The
    >> Three Stooges?
    >>
    >> Jill

    >
    > Jill,
    >
    > Mom wouldn't let us watch them because of our sister! ((
    >
    > She was so over-protected.


    that's right, blame your sister.

    blake

  12. #12
    merryb Guest

    Default Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th!

    On May 14, 12:54*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 May 2011 13:01:38 -0500, Andy wrote:
    > > Much later I did watch. Even lived in the house that Moe built, for his
    > > Mom, in L.A.

    >
    > > It was hauanted! Every so often in the quiet darkness of the morning,
    > > we'd hear "nyuk! Nyuk!! NYUK!!!" coming from the attic. <VBG>

    >
    > Why would Moe's mom's house be haunted by Curly? *
    >
    > Was Curly banging Moe's mom? *Because you have your Nyuk's backwards
    > as if Curly is busting a nut.
    >
    > -sw


    I believe they were actually brothers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32