Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

  1. #1
    nancree Guest

    Default Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    remember.

    Hi to everyone !
    Nancree

  2. #2
    Serene Sprat Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    nancree wrote:
    > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    > remember.


    Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    still love it.

    >
    > Hi to everyone !


    Heya! How goes it?

    Serene

  3. #3
    nancree Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mar 30, 11:28�pm, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
    > nancree wrote:
    > > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > > always had a few tiny pasta in it. �They had a German name that I can't
    > > remember.

    >
    > Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    > still love it.
    >
    >
    >
    > > Hi to everyone !

    >
    > Heya! How goes it?
    >
    > Serene


    -------------------------
    Thank you, Serene . What a quick answer . I googled and got a couple
    of recipes. I think I'll try it tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Serene Sprat Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    nancree wrote:
    > On Mar 30, 11:28�pm, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:


    >> Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    >> still love it.

    >
    > -------------------------
    > Thank you, Serene . What a quick answer .


    :-) You're welcome. I'm usually caught up on Usenet when I'm
    avoiding work. :-)

    > I googled and got a couple
    > of recipes. I think I'll try it tomorrow.


    Barb makes spaetzle, I think, as do several other rfc-ers. I haven't
    tried it yet.

    Serene

  5. #5
    Puester Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    nancree wrote:
    > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    > remember.
    >
    > Hi to everyone !
    > Nancree


    Spaetzle?

    gloria p

  6. #6
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: gg Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:22:13 -0700 (PDT), nancree <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    >alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    >remember.
    >
    >Hi to everyone !
    >Nancree


    nancree! long time, no see. a hearty 'yoo-hoo' to you.

    your pal,
    blake

  7. #7
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    nancree <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    > remember.
    >
    > Hi to everyone !
    > Nancree



    Spaetzle? Knodel?
    You gonna stick around? <Barb's got everything crossed in hope>
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
    Pray for the abatement of her pain.

  8. #8
    Goomba38 Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article
    > <[email protected]>,
    > nancree <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    >> alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    >> remember.
    >>
    >> Hi to everyone !
    >> Nancree

    >
    >
    > Spaetzle? Knodel?
    > You gonna stick around? <Barb's got everything crossed in hope>


    Oh admit it.. you just forgot the depends this morning, eh?

  9. #9
    sf Guest

    Default Re: gg Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:24:14 GMT, blake murphy <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:22:13 -0700 (PDT), nancree <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi to everyone !
    >>Nancree

    >
    >nancree! long time, no see. a hearty 'yoo-hoo' to you.
    >

    I wonder if she's going to stick around or if this is just a
    "hi-dee-ho and out" from her?

    WB Nancree!

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smile first

  10. #10
    rosie Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mar 31, 1:45*am, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
    > nancree wrote:
    > > On Mar 30, 11:28�pm, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
    > >> Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    > >> still love it.

    >
    > > -------------------------
    > > Thank you, Serene . What a quick answer .

    >
    > :-) You're welcome. I'm usually caught up on Usenet when I'm
    > avoiding work. :-)
    >
    > *> I googled and got a couple
    >
    > > of recipes. *I think I'll try it tomorrow.

    >
    > Barb makes spaetzle, I think, as do several other rfc-ers. I haven't
    > tried it yet.
    >
    > Serene


    It is very easy , especially if you have a potato ricer/speatzle
    maker.

    Rosie

  11. #11
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mon 31 Mar 2008 12:53:18p, rosie told us...

    > On Mar 31, 1:45*am, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
    >> nancree wrote:
    >> > On Mar 30, 11:28�pm, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote

    >:
    >> >> Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    >> >> still love it.

    >>
    >> > -------------------------
    >> > Thank you, Serene . What a quick answer .

    >>
    >> :-) You're welcome. I'm usually caught up on Usenet when I'm
    >> avoiding work. :-)
    >>
    >> *> I googled and got a couple
    >>
    >> > of recipes. *I think I'll try it tomorrow.

    >>
    >> Barb makes spaetzle, I think, as do several other rfc-ers. I haven't
    >> tried it yet.
    >>
    >> Serene

    >
    > It is very easy , especially if you have a potato ricer/speatzle
    > maker.
    >
    > Rosie
    >


    Yes, they are very easy to make. Hint: Always make more than you think you
    want or need. They will disappear.

    They are also very good served with fried cabbage and browned butter, as
    well as the perfect accompaniment to veal or chicken paprikas.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright
    -------------------------------------------
    Monday, 03(III)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)
    -------------------------------------------
    Countdown till Memorial Day
    7wks 6dys 10hrs 45mins
    -------------------------------------------
    A thing is not necessarily true
    because a man dies for it. - Wilde
    -------------------------------------------


  12. #12
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Goomba38 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:


    > > Spaetzle? Knodel?
    > > You gonna stick around? <Barb's got everything crossed in hope>

    >
    > Oh admit it.. you just forgot the depends this morning, eh?


    Today, yesterday. . .
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
    Pray for the abatement of her pain.

  13. #13
    Nexis Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.


    "nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. They had a German name that I can't
    > remember.
    >
    > Hi to everyone !
    > Nancree


    The only thing I can think of would be spaetzle. The first thing I thought of was
    orzo, but that doesn't sound German

    kimberly


  14. #14
    nancree Guest

    Default Re: gg Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mar 31, 11:24�am, blake murphy <blak...@verizon.net> wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:22:13 -0700 (PDT), nancree <nanc...@aol.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > >alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. �They had a German name that I can't
    > >remember.

    >
    > >Hi to everyone !
    > >Nancree

    >
    > nancree! �long time, no see. �a hearty 'yoo-hoo' to you.
    >
    > your pal,
    > blake


    You Hoo, yourself, Blake ! It's been a long winter for me, too, but
    not because of the weather . (I live in Southern California). I had a
    broken shoulder which took surgery and a long recovery period---then
    It broke again. All better now (as I used to say to the children, when
    applying a band-aid to their scraped knee.)
    All good wishes. Nancree

  15. #15
    nancree Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mar 31, 11:39�am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    wrote:
    > In article
    > <cd696115-d1af-482f-8a81-0918280d3...@c26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > �nancree <nanc...@aol.com> wrote:
    > > It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    > > alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. �They had a German name that Ican't
    > > remember.

    >
    > > Hi to everyone !
    > > Nancree

    >
    > HOSSpaetzle? Knodel?
    > You gonna stick around? <Barb's got everything crossed in hope>
    > --
    > -Barb, Mother Superior,


    Yep, Barb, I'm back in action. I meant to ask you again, at Easter,
    to bless us again with pictures of your fabulous Easter Eggs --but
    "things" prevailed at that time. Not to late to let us see them
    again, though--Please?!.


  16. #16
    Michael Kuettner Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.


    "Wayne Boatwright" schrieb :
    > On Mon 31 Mar 2008 12:53:18p, rosie told us...
    >
    >> On Mar 31, 1:45 am, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
    >>> nancree wrote:
    >>> > On Mar 30, 11:28�pm, Serene Sprat <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote

    >>:
    >>> >> Beans and spaetzle. Yummmmm! My favorite veggie mixture as a kid. I
    >>> >> still love it.
    >>>
    >>> > -------------------------
    >>> > Thank you, Serene . What a quick answer .
    >>>
    >>> :-) You're welcome. I'm usually caught up on Usenet when I'm
    >>> avoiding work. :-)
    >>>
    >>> > I googled and got a couple
    >>>
    >>> > of recipes. I think I'll try it tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>> Barb makes spaetzle, I think, as do several other rfc-ers. I haven't
    >>> tried it yet.
    >>>
    >>> Serene

    >>
    >> It is very easy , especially if you have a potato ricer/speatzle
    >> maker.
    >>
    >> Rosie
    >>

    >
    > Yes, they are very easy to make. Hint: Always make more than you think you
    > want or need. They will disappear.
    >
    > They are also very good served with fried cabbage and browned butter, as
    > well as the perfect accompaniment to veal or chicken paprikas.
    >

    Heat a little lard in a pan. Fry one finely chopped onion until it's glassy.
    Stir in the Spaetzle. Take pen from stove.Add salt and pepper.
    Sprinkle a grated sharp cheese over them.
    Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden brown.
    Serve with lattuce or applesauce.

    Cheers,

    Michael Kuettner









  17. #17
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:03:53 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > Goomba38 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    >
    >> > Spaetzle? Knodel?
    >> > You gonna stick around? <Barb's got everything crossed in hope>

    >>
    >> Oh admit it.. you just forgot the depends this morning, eh?

    >
    >Today, yesterday. . .


    no wonder you're leaving your underwear in hotel rooms...

    your pal,
    blake

  18. #18
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: gg Re: gg Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:23:56 -0700 (PDT), nancree <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 31, 11:24?am, blake murphy <blak...@verizon.net> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:22:13 -0700 (PDT), nancree <nanc...@aol.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >It used to be that when you bought a frozen package of green beans it
    >> >alwas had a few tiny pasta in it. ?They had a German name that I can't
    >> >remember.

    >>
    >> >Hi to everyone !
    >> >Nancree

    >>
    >> nancree! ?long time, no see. ?a hearty 'yoo-hoo' to you.
    >>
    >> your pal,
    >> blake

    >
    >You Hoo, yourself, Blake ! It's been a long winter for me, too, but
    >not because of the weather . (I live in Southern California). I had a
    >broken shoulder which took surgery and a long recovery period---then
    >It broke again. All better now (as I used to say to the children, when
    >applying a band-aid to their scraped knee.)
    >All good wishes. Nancree


    glad you're feeling better and i hope you stick around.

    your pal,
    blake

  19. #19
    theChas. Guest

    Default Re: Name of tiny pasta in frozen green beans.

    Maggots????



    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32