Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

  1. #1
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On Oct 7, 8:35*pm, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net> wrote:
    > Do you recognize it?
    >
    > http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466


    nope....no idea.

  2. #2
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)


  3. #3
    Sky Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On 10/7/2011 10:35 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
    > Do you recognize it?
    >
    > http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466


    It definitely looks like a press of some sort to me, perhaps for cheese
    that's been wrapped in cloth (?).

    Sky

    --

    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

  4. #4
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    Mark wrote:

    > Do you recognize it?
    >
    > http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466


    Looks like a device for wringing water out of wet laundry.

    Bob




  5. #5
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:35:41 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Do you recognize it?
    >
    >http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466


    With all the surface area and acute corners I doubt it's food related
    and it doesn't look old at all... looks like some sort of press for
    gluing paper/leather.

  6. #6
    Jerry Avins Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On Oct 8, 12:02*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:35:41 -0800, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Do you recognize it?

    >
    > >http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466

    >
    > With all the surface area and acute corners I doubt it's food related
    > and it doesn't look old at all... looks like some sort of press for
    > gluing paper/leather.


    There are not many new gadgets with wooden screws (although the tools
    to make them are still available). It's obviously a press, and the
    spaced rods make it seem that it's for pressing out water. If the
    bottom were solid, I'd say it might be a bookbinding press. Maybe it's
    for paper making, used with a screen laid across the dowels.

    Jerry
    --
    Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

  7. #7
    Christopher Helms Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On Oct 8, 12:50*am, Sky <skyho...@NOsbcglobal.SnPeAtM> wrote:
    > On 10/7/2011 10:35 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
    >
    > > Do you recognize it?

    >
    > >http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466

    >
    > It definitely looks like a press of some sort to me, perhaps for cheese
    > that's been wrapped in cloth (?).
    >
    > Sky



    It's definitely for squeezing liquid out of something fairly large.
    You can't really glue something together with wooden rollers on one
    side, unless you are fond of the washboard effect. A cheese press
    might be it.

  8. #8
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: Name That Thing (Is It Food-Related?)

    On 10/8/2011 4:04 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >
    >> Do you recognize it?
    >>
    >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/250903603466

    >
    > Looks like a device for wringing water out of wet laundry.


    I thought it looked like a fun chair.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32