Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    Another "Paradise::"... I forget what!??

    A liquor store from the looks of it, out front, but pass the bottles and in
    the back of the store there is a great restaurant!

    Now, hold on folks... I've been wrong before...

    As presented, it seemed like a cool place!

    Any visitors with words to relate?

    Best,

    Andy

  2. #2
    sf Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:56:17 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!
    >
    >Another "Paradise::"... I forget what!??
    >
    >A liquor store from the looks of it, out front, but pass the bottles and in
    >the back of the store there is a great restaurant!
    >
    >Now, hold on folks... I've been wrong before...
    >
    >As presented, it seemed like a cool place!


    Did you see this on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?
    >
    >Any visitors with words to relate?
    >

    It's time to send chris and ari out on a reconnaissance mission.




    --
    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
    interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

    Mae West

  3. #3
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    sf said...

    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:56:17 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!
    >>
    >>Another "Paradise::"... I forget what!??
    >>
    >>A liquor store from the looks of it, out front, but pass the bottles
    >>and in the back of the store there is a great restaurant!
    >>
    >>Now, hold on folks... I've been wrong before...
    >>
    >>As presented, it seemed like a cool place!

    >
    > Did you see this on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?
    >>
    >>Any visitors with words to relate?
    >>

    > It's time to send chris and ari out on a reconnaissance mission.



    sf,

    Perhaps it was!

    Watching food TV channels has become such a blurrrrr!

    Be mine, Valentine!

    Andy


  4. #4
    sf Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:23:12 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >sf said...
    >
    >> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:56:17 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!
    >>>
    >>>Another "Paradise::"... I forget what!??
    >>>
    >>>A liquor store from the looks of it, out front, but pass the bottles
    >>>and in the back of the store there is a great restaurant!
    >>>
    >>>Now, hold on folks... I've been wrong before...
    >>>
    >>>As presented, it seemed like a cool place!

    >>
    >> Did you see this on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?
    >>>
    >>>Any visitors with words to relate?
    >>>

    >> It's time to send chris and ari out on a reconnaissance mission.

    >
    >
    >sf,
    >
    >Perhaps it was!
    >
    >Watching food TV channels has become such a blurrrrr!
    >
    >Be mine, Valentine!
    >

    but of course!


    --
    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
    interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

    Mae West

  5. #5
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!



    sf wrote:
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:56:17 -0600, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!
    > >
    > >Another "Paradise::"... I forget what!??
    > >
    > >A liquor store from the looks of it, out front, but pass the bottles and in
    > >the back of the store there is a great restaurant!
    > >
    > >Now, hold on folks... I've been wrong before...
    > >
    > >As presented, it seemed like a cool place!

    >
    > Did you see this on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?
    > >
    > >Any visitors with words to relate?
    > >

    > It's time to send chris and ari out on a reconnaissance mission.
    >
    >
    >



    LOL had never even heard of the place until just now. But since we (not
    counting Christine here) don't eat beef, no surprise there.

    Here's a review: http://nmgastronome.com/blog/?p=344
    Apparently they do serve other food besides beef.

    The $$$ makes it out of range for me at the moment any way.

  6. #6
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    Arri London said...

    > LOL had never even heard of the place until just now. But since we (not
    > counting Christine here) don't eat beef, no surprise there.
    >
    > Here's a review: http://nmgastronome.com/blog/?p=344
    > Apparently they do serve other food besides beef.
    >
    > The $$$ makes it out of range for me at the moment any way.



    Ari,

    I don't recall it looking like that. Maybe they have front and back
    entrances and facades?

    I will say, the food photography at that website was pretty bad, in the red
    (?) zone?

    I think I saw some semblance of a Philly cheesesteak. In an upsidedown
    kinda way.

    Best,

    Andy

  7. #7
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!

    Arri London said...

    >
    >
    > Andy wrote:
    >>
    >> Arri London said...
    >>
    >> > LOL had never even heard of the place until just now. But since we
    >> > (not counting Christine here) don't eat beef, no surprise there.
    >> >
    >> > Here's a review: http://nmgastronome.com/blog/?p=344
    >> > Apparently they do serve other food besides beef.
    >> >
    >> > The $$$ makes it out of range for me at the moment any way.

    >>
    >> Ari,
    >>
    >> I don't recall it looking like that. Maybe they have front and back
    >> entrances and facades?
    >>
    >> I will say, the food photography at that website was pretty bad, in the
    >> red (?) zone?
    >>
    >> I think I saw some semblance of a Philly cheesesteak. In an upsidedown
    >> kinda way.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    >
    > There is a separate entrance to the restaurant that doesn't go through
    > the liquor store.



    Arri,

    Sorry for dropping the r in Arri.

    The front facade looked pretty old fashioned.

    Thanks!

    Best,

    Andy

  8. #8
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!



    Andy wrote:
    >
    > Arri London said...
    >
    > > LOL had never even heard of the place until just now. But since we (not
    > > counting Christine here) don't eat beef, no surprise there.
    > >
    > > Here's a review: http://nmgastronome.com/blog/?p=344
    > > Apparently they do serve other food besides beef.
    > >
    > > The $$$ makes it out of range for me at the moment any way.

    >
    > Ari,
    >
    > I don't recall it looking like that. Maybe they have front and back
    > entrances and facades?
    >
    > I will say, the food photography at that website was pretty bad, in the red
    > (?) zone?
    >
    > I think I saw some semblance of a Philly cheesesteak. In an upsidedown
    > kinda way.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy



    There is a separate entrance to the restaurant that doesn't go through
    the liquor store.

  9. #9
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: The Monte Carlo "package store" in Albuquerque, NM!



    Andy wrote:
    >
    > Arri London said...
    >
    > >
    > >
    > > Andy wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Arri London said...
    > >>
    > >> > LOL had never even heard of the place until just now. But since we
    > >> > (not counting Christine here) don't eat beef, no surprise there.
    > >> >
    > >> > Here's a review: http://nmgastronome.com/blog/?p=344
    > >> > Apparently they do serve other food besides beef.
    > >> >
    > >> > The $$$ makes it out of range for me at the moment any way.
    > >>
    > >> Ari,
    > >>
    > >> I don't recall it looking like that. Maybe they have front and back
    > >> entrances and facades?
    > >>
    > >> I will say, the food photography at that website was pretty bad, in the
    > >> red (?) zone?
    > >>
    > >> I think I saw some semblance of a Philly cheesesteak. In an upsidedown
    > >> kinda way.
    > >>
    > >> Best,
    > >>
    > >> Andy

    > >
    > >
    > > There is a separate entrance to the restaurant that doesn't go through
    > > the liquor store.

    >
    > Arri,
    >
    > Sorry for dropping the r in Arri.


    Doesn't matter. People mess up my real name even worse

    >
    > The front facade looked pretty old fashioned.


    Thinking it's fairly nondescript for this area. Can't say we ever
    noticed it on any drive-by.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy



    Any time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32