Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Menus

  1. #1
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Menus

    I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    Here's the lunch menu:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...yZjEz&hl=en_US

    Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    know why.
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...lNzY2&hl=en_US

  2. #2
    Serene Vannoy Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On 09/10/2011 08:04 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
    > I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    > are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.


    Nifty!

    Serene
    --
    http://www.momfoodproject.com

  3. #3
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    >breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    >are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.
    >
    >Here's the lunch menu:
    >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...yZjEz&hl=en_US
    >
    >Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    >know why.
    >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...lNzY2&hl=en_US


    How do you turn it so it's readable?

    Lou

  4. #4
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sep 10, 11:08*am, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
    >
    > <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > >breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > >are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    >
    > >Here's the lunch menu:
    > >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > >Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > >know why.
    > >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > How do you turn it so it's readable? *
    >
    > Lou


    that's what I would like to know.

  5. #5
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sep 10, 11:17*am, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 11:08*am, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

    >
    > > <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > >I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > > >breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > > >are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    >
    > > >Here's the lunch menu:
    > > >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > > >Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > > >know why.
    > > >https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > > How do you turn it so it's readable? *

    >
    > > Lou

    >
    > that's what I would like to know.


    In order to post them I had to use Google Docs and you can't rotate
    the view like you can if you were looking
    at a straight PDF.

    Any way to post a straight PDF? If you know, please tell me and I'll
    do it.


  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:41:34 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > In order to post them I had to use Google Docs and you can't rotate
    > the view like you can if you were looking
    > at a straight PDF.


    The instructions say to rotate the image/pdf before posting.
    http://oi52.tinypic.com/234t9v.jpg

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  7. #7
    Michael Guest

    Default Re: Menus


    "Chemo the Clown"
    wrote >
    > How do you turn it so it's readable?
    >
    > Lou


    > that's what I would like to know.


    Hit the download button/open then view.

  8. #8
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sep 10, 11:04*am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.
    >
    > Here's the lunch menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...
    >
    > Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > know why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...


    I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    was for one egg a la carte. Buck an' a quarter.

    I used to use this as a sort of guidance item when hitting a new
    resto, in order to get a handle on the prices..
    I knew one place which kept their one egg price at 65 cents for eons.

    Just like when I'm in a strange area's market - I always price the
    Tabasco to get a line on local cost of living.

    I was glad to see that you didn't diddle around with cutesy graphics.
    I go to a resto where every entree is set in a different font, and
    size. Ugh. Takes forever to decipher the thing. Keep it simple,
    legible, no white on black, and check spelling six times. Picky,
    picky.

  9. #9
    Dan Abel Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Kalmia <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sep 10, 11:04*am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > > breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > > are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.


    > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    > was for one egg a la carte. Buck an' a quarter.
    >
    > I used to use this as a sort of guidance item when hitting a new
    > resto, in order to get a handle on the prices..
    > I knew one place which kept their one egg price at 65 cents for eons.
    >
    > Just like when I'm in a strange area's market - I always price the
    > Tabasco to get a line on local cost of living.


    Interestingly enough, sellers know about this, and adjust their prices
    accordingly. I haven't kept up with it, so my info is sadly out of
    date, but it used to be that every coffee shop had unlimited coffee for
    a dime, even long after they lost money on every coffee order. They
    knew that if they raised their prices on coffee, that some people would
    stop coming, and they would lose profitable sales because of it. There
    were a handful of items for grocery stores. The one I remember was 8
    ounce cans of tomato sauce. For every other canned good, the little
    cans were almost as expensive as the bigger cans, but for tomato sauce,
    it was cheaper to buy TWO 8 ounce cans rather than ONE 15 ounce can.
    The other one I remember was one pound cans of coffee. That's memorable
    because they stopped selling coffee in one pound cans about the time I
    learned that.

    --
    Dan Abel
    Petaluma, California USA
    [email protected]

  10. #10
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On 9/10/2011 2:41 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 11:17 am, Chemo the Clown<bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> On Sep 10, 11:08 am, Lou Decruss<LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

    >>
    >>> <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    >>>> breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    >>>> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    >>
    >>>> Here's the lunch menu:
    >>>> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >>
    >>>> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    >>>> know why.
    >>>> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >>
    >>> How do you turn it so it's readable?

    >>
    >>> Lou

    >>
    >> that's what I would like to know.

    >
    > In order to post them I had to use Google Docs and you can't rotate
    > the view like you can if you were looking
    > at a straight PDF.
    >
    > Any way to post a straight PDF? If you know, please tell me and I'll
    > do it.
    >

    There was an option to download as PDF then you can view it by turning
    it clockwise.


  11. #11
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 04:35:16 -0400, Cheryl <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On 9/10/2011 2:41 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
    >> On Sep 10, 11:17 am, Chemo the Clown<bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>> On Sep 10, 11:08 am, Lou Decruss<LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
    >>>
    >>>> <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>>> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    >>>>> breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    >>>>> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.
    >>>
    >>>>> Here's the lunch menu:
    >>>>> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...
    >>>
    >>>>> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    >>>>> know why.
    >>>>> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...
    >>>
    >>>> How do you turn it so it's readable?
    >>>
    >>>> Lou
    >>>
    >>> that's what I would like to know.

    >>
    >> In order to post them I had to use Google Docs and you can't rotate
    >> the view like you can if you were looking
    >> at a straight PDF.
    >>
    >> Any way to post a straight PDF? If you know, please tell me and I'll
    >> do it.
    >>

    >There was an option to download as PDF then you can view it by turning
    >it clockwise.


    OK I found it. Google is a pain in the ass.









  12. #12
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Menus


    "Kalmia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sep 10, 11:04 am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    >> breakfast and lunch menus. I thought I'd share them with you. They
    >> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.
    >>
    >> Here's the lunch
    >> menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...
    >>
    >> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    >> know
    >> why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    > was for one egg a la carte. Buck an' a quarter.
    >
    >

    Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). I
    wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!

    Jill


  13. #13
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Sep 13, 4:03*pm, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > "Kalmia" <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > On Sep 10, 11:04 am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > >> breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > >> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    >
    > >> Here's the lunch
    > >> menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > >> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > >> know
    > >> why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >
    > > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    > > was for one egg a la carte. *Buck an' a quarter.

    >
    > Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). *I
    > wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!
    >
    > Jill


    What do you pay for an egg when you go out for breakfast??


  14. #14
    Ranée at Arabian Knits Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    ImStillMags <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sep 13, 4:03*pm, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > > "Kalmia" <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > On Sep 10, 11:04 am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > >> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > > >> breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > > >> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    > >
    > > >> Here's the lunch
    > > >> menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...=true&srcid=0B
    > > >> 1...

    > >
    > > >> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > > >> know
    > > >> why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1
    > > >> ...

    > >
    > > > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    > > > was for one egg a la carte. *Buck an' a quarter.

    > >
    > > Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). *I
    > > wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!
    > >
    > > Jill

    >
    > What do you pay for an egg when you go out for breakfast??


    I'm very frugal and we rarely eat out, but we do understand that
    there is a significant mark up on food at a restaurant, since one is
    paying for the place, service and clean up, among other things. Now,
    because of that, we don't often eat out, but at least we understand how
    it works.

    Regards,
    Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On 14/09/2011 11:09 AM, Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:

    > I'm very frugal and we rarely eat out, but we do understand that
    > there is a significant mark up on food at a restaurant, since one is
    > paying for the place, service and clean up, among other things. Now,
    > because of that, we don't often eat out, but at least we understand how
    > it works.



    I know that there is costs involved in running a restaurant, but some
    places are ridiculous. For instance, there is a winery restaurant near
    us that we last went to close to 10 years ago. It was always expensive,
    but but our last dinner was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's
    back. A bowl of vegetable soup was $14.95. Keep in mind that it was
    vegetable.... and 10 years ago. This is not a restaurant on a farm, not
    a fancy high rise on expensive downtown real estate. Outrageous. I have
    not been back and will not go back.

    A few years ago the province of Ontario amended liquor laws to allow
    BYOB wine in restaurants. Most places that opted for that charged a
    corkage fee, which is understandable. One place in Toronto was going to
    charge $35. That is a bit over the top to open a bottle and provide a
    couple glasses. Their argument was that customers bringing their own
    wine prevented them from profitting on wine sale. The expected to make
    $35 profit on every bottle of wine they sell???? Not from me. I have
    enough difficulty with their standards 100% markup and 15% tips
    expectation regardless of cost.

  16. #16
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:41:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sep 13, 4:03*pm, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >> "Kalmia" <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> > On Sep 10, 11:04 am, ImStillMags <sitara8...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> >> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    >> >> breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    >> >> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    >>
    >> >> Here's the lunch
    >> >> menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >>
    >> >> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    >> >> know
    >> >> why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    >>
    >> > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    >> > was for one egg a la carte. *Buck an' a quarter.

    >>
    >> Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). *I
    >> wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!
    >>
    >> Jill

    >
    >What do you pay for an egg when you go out for breakfast??


    She being stupid as usual. The same markup goes into a whole
    breakfast. The place I go to has 2 eggs, potatoes, and an english
    muffin for $5.45. Add bacon or sausage it's $7.95. Yes, it's an
    exceptional restaurant but from what I see in your posts so was yours.

    Lou










  17. #17
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:09:40 -0700, Ranée at Arabian Knits
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article
    ><[email protected]>,
    > ImStillMags <[email protected]> wrote:


    >> > Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). *I
    >> > wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!
    >> >
    >> > Jill

    >>
    >> What do you pay for an egg when you go out for breakfast??

    >
    > I'm very frugal and we rarely eat out, but we do understand that
    >there is a significant mark up on food at a restaurant, since one is
    >paying for the place, service and clean up, among other things. Now,
    >because of that, we don't often eat out, but at least we understand how
    >it works.


    Exactly.

    Lou

  18. #18
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:41:18 AM UTC-5, ImStillMags wrote:
    > On Sep 13, 4:03*pm, "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > > "Kalmia" <tween...@mypacks.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:[email protected]....
    > >
    > > > On Sep 10, 11:04 am, ImStillMags <sitar...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > >> I was going through some files and came across the PDF's of my
    > > >> breakfast and lunch menus. * I thought I'd share them with you. * They
    > > >> are from 2007 so the prices look lower than they would be today.

    > >
    > > >> Here's the lunch
    > > >> menu:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    > >
    > > >> Here's the breakfast menu - the Eagle is not on the cover page, don't
    > > >> know
    > > >> why.https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...true&srcid=0B1...

    > >
    > > > I nearly broke my neck searching, but I wanted to see what your price
    > > > was for one egg a la carte. *Buck an' a quarter.

    > >
    > > Heck, I can buy a dozen eggs for $1.29 (sometimes 99 cents a dozen). *I
    > > wouldn't pay a buck and a quarter for a single egg!
    > >
    > > Jill

    >
    > What do you pay for an egg when you go out for breakfast??


    I completely understand the price of the first egg. I think that additional eggs should not cost much each. I also think that restaurants should usejumbo eggs because they work best for over easy/lightly basted, use no more labor to prepare, and the food cost isn't that much higher. I'm going tobe trying to convince my nephew, who is opening a diner this Spring, to gowith jumbo eggs. So far my role is as volunteer consultant for cleaning (I used to run a crew that cleaned kitchens), and helping with the farming of chilies, tomatoes, etc. I was talking to him today and he will be serving Missouri spring-raised trout, which is parasite free, so it can be cold smoked. This seems like a horrible time to open a restaurant, but he has been cooking and operating a mobile operation, and his girlfriend/business partner has been running a mobile creperie http://roaminghunger.com/holy-crepe for a few years. They both seem to have their heads screwed on straight,and share a passion for the cuisine of New Mexico: http://www.facebook.com/SWdinerSTL
    Right now my son is making baked oatmeal bars with little assistance--I just had to beat the egg for him.

    --Bryan

  19. #19
    Leon Manfredi Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:57:31 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:23:31 -0400, Dave Smith
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I know that there is costs involved in running a restaurant, but some
    >> places are ridiculous. For instance, there is a winery restaurant near
    >> us that we last went to close to 10 years ago. It was always expensive,
    >> but but our last dinner was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's
    >> back. A bowl of vegetable soup was $14.95. Keep in mind that it was
    >> vegetable.... and 10 years ago. This is not a restaurant on a farm, not
    >> a fancy high rise on expensive downtown real estate. Outrageous. I have
    >> not been back and will not go back.

    >
    >We made out first, stay and be a tourist, visit to NYC about 20 years
    >ago. We ate the Plaza, because we wanted to have the experience but
    >we knew they charged up the wazoo - so we made it breakfast. Hubby's
    >breakfast was *one* egg, two slices of bacon and toast.... for $15.
    >Unbelievable. He said he wouldn't have remembered it after all this
    >time if they'd just thrown in another egg.


    Boozer....., come booze along with me....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Menus

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:44:51 -0400, Leon Manfredi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:57:31 -0700, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:23:31 -0400, Dave Smith
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I know that there is costs involved in running a restaurant, but some
    > >> places are ridiculous. For instance, there is a winery restaurant near
    > >> us that we last went to close to 10 years ago. It was always expensive,
    > >> but but our last dinner was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's
    > >> back. A bowl of vegetable soup was $14.95. Keep in mind that it was
    > >> vegetable.... and 10 years ago. This is not a restaurant on a farm, not
    > >> a fancy high rise on expensive downtown real estate. Outrageous. I have
    > >> not been back and will not go back.

    > >
    > >We made out first, stay and be a tourist, visit to NYC about 20 years
    > >ago. We ate the Plaza, because we wanted to have the experience but
    > >we knew they charged up the wazoo - so we made it breakfast. Hubby's
    > >breakfast was *one* egg, two slices of bacon and toast.... for $15.
    > >Unbelievable. He said he wouldn't have remembered it after all this
    > >time if they'd just thrown in another egg.

    >
    > Boozer....., come booze along with me....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Huh?

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32