Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Le Creuset Lid Recall

  1. #1
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Le Creuset Lid Recall

    Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.

    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html

    Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.

    -sw

  2. #2
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Feb 26, 12:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.
    >
    > http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >
    > Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.


    Only idiots would buy such crap, anyway....

  3. #3
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:09:23 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Feb 26, 12:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >> Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.


    A sliver breaks in to the pot and lacerates the intestines.

    >> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >>
    >> Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.

    >
    >Only idiots would buy such crap, anyway....


    Only idiots would make such crap, glass lids indeed!

  4. #4
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Feb 26, 1:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.
    >
    > http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >
    > Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.
    >
    > -sw


    I think it's time to take a rider on my authentic Pyrex.

    I didn't know that Le C was now being made in China.

  5. #5
    Janet Bostwick Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 07:47:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Feb 26, 1:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >> Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.
    >>
    >> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >>
    >> Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.
    >>
    >> -sw

    >
    >I think it's time to take a rider on my authentic Pyrex.
    >
    >I didn't know that Le C was now being made in China.

    I've just scanned their web site and as far as I can see, they
    carefully do not mention country of origin for any of their products.
    It may be that China is producing only the glass lids, however, China
    is making a lot of cast iron potware these days, under many different
    brands. Much of the stuff I have looked at has had some sort of flaw
    like tiny pinhole burst bubbles in the enamel finish. A friend had a
    large everyday pay that produced a 4-inch bubble of enamel in the
    bottom of the pot on the second use. I think you just have to
    examine any cast iron or enameled cast iron carefully these days.
    Quality control is gone.
    Janet

  6. #6
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:38:24 -0700, Janet Bostwick
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 07:47:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Feb 26, 1:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >>> Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >>>
    >>> Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.
    >>>
    >>> -sw

    >>
    >>I think it's time to take a rider on my authentic Pyrex.
    >>
    >>I didn't know that Le C was now being made in China.

    >I've just scanned their web site and as far as I can see, they
    >carefully do not mention country of origin for any of their products.
    >It may be that China is producing only the glass lids, however, China
    >is making a lot of cast iron potware these days, under many different
    >brands. Much of the stuff I have looked at has had some sort of flaw
    >like tiny pinhole burst bubbles in the enamel finish. A friend had a
    >large everyday pay that produced a 4-inch bubble of enamel in the
    >bottom of the pot on the second use. I think you just have to
    >examine any cast iron or enameled cast iron carefully these days.
    >Quality control is gone.
    >Janet


    China does much of the developed world's cast iron production because
    they have no OSHA or EPA.

  7. #7
    Janet Bostwick Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:49:23 -0500, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:38:24 -0700, Janet Bostwick
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 07:47:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Feb 26, 1:06*am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >>>> Imagine that, glass lids can break causing a risk of laceration.
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11142.html
    >>>>
    >>>> Overpriced cookware MADE IN CHINA.
    >>>>
    >>>> -sw
    >>>
    >>>I think it's time to take a rider on my authentic Pyrex.
    >>>
    >>>I didn't know that Le C was now being made in China.

    >>I've just scanned their web site and as far as I can see, they
    >>carefully do not mention country of origin for any of their products.
    >>It may be that China is producing only the glass lids, however, China
    >>is making a lot of cast iron potware these days, under many different
    >>brands. Much of the stuff I have looked at has had some sort of flaw
    >>like tiny pinhole burst bubbles in the enamel finish. A friend had a
    >>large everyday pay that produced a 4-inch bubble of enamel in the
    >>bottom of the pot on the second use. I think you just have to
    >>examine any cast iron or enameled cast iron carefully these days.
    >>Quality control is gone.
    >>Janet

    >
    >China does much of the developed world's cast iron production because
    >they have no OSHA or EPA.

    And that boils down to lower production cost and increased profit to
    the brand.
    Lodge is still made in this country (USA). Everyone who can afford to
    should go out and buy a Lodge pan just because we need to support our
    workers, our economy and our ability to manufacture something,
    anything in our country. Soon we won't have a choice. Lodge still
    warrants their product. A friend bought a pot at the Lodge store in
    Tennessee and when she got it home (cross country) discovered a
    problem the the knob on the lid. She called Lodge and they replaced
    the lid and paid s&h both ways. Can't ask for more than that.
    Janet

  8. #8
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:38:24 -0700, Janet Bostwick wrote:

    > I've just scanned their web site and as far as I can see, they
    > carefully do not mention country of origin for any of their products.


    Searching the web, there are claims that Le Creuset is made in
    Thailand, China, and France. Another claim is that all the enameled
    cast iron is made in france, while everything else is made in Asia.

    If you sell single pieces of cookware for $300, it's no wonder they
    want to cash in on their name and start outsourcing a cheaper line
    made in China. China is desperate for the business, so outsourcing
    manufacturing there is at a all-time low.

    Pretty soon I suspect all of it will be made in China. It won't be
    the first time we've seen that.

    -sw

  9. #9
    bolivar Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall


    "Janet Bostwick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..

    > Lodge is still made in this country (USA). Everyone who can afford to
    > should go out and buy a Lodge pan just because we need to support our
    > workers, our economy and our ability to manufacture something,
    > anything in our country. Soon we won't have a choice. Lodge still
    > warrants their product. A friend bought a pot at the Lodge store in
    > Tennessee and when she got it home (cross country) discovered a
    > problem the the knob on the lid. She called Lodge and they replaced
    > the lid and paid s&h both ways. Can't ask for more than that.
    > Janet



    The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.

    Boli



  10. #10
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:58:17 -0500, bolivar wrote:

    > The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    > It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    > All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.


    <shaking head> Like I said, all popular name brands eventually move
    to China for some or all of their manufacturing.

    It's really sad.

    -sw

  11. #11
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:39:03 -0600, Sqwertz <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:58:17 -0500, bolivar wrote:
    >
    >> The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    >> It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    >> All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.

    >
    ><shaking head> Like I said, all popular name brands eventually move
    >to China for some or all of their manufacturing.
    >
    >It's really sad.


    No, it's basic economics... foundrys are extremely polluting... were
    cast iron products produced in the US no one would pay the price.
    China has a glut of people, they don't need any stinkin' EPA/OSHA.

  12. #12
    Janet Bostwick Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:58:17 -0500, "bolivar" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Janet Bostwick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]. .
    >
    >> Lodge is still made in this country (USA). Everyone who can afford to
    >> should go out and buy a Lodge pan just because we need to support our
    >> workers, our economy and our ability to manufacture something,
    >> anything in our country. Soon we won't have a choice. Lodge still
    >> warrants their product. A friend bought a pot at the Lodge store in
    >> Tennessee and when she got it home (cross country) discovered a
    >> problem the the knob on the lid. She called Lodge and they replaced
    >> the lid and paid s&h both ways. Can't ask for more than that.
    >> Janet

    >
    >
    >The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    >It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    >All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.
    >
    >Boli
    >

    Rats!

  13. #13
    George Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On 2/26/2011 10:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:58:17 -0500, bolivar wrote:
    >
    >> The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    >> It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    >> All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.

    >
    > <shaking head> Like I said, all popular name brands eventually move
    > to China for some or all of their manufacturing.
    >
    > It's really sad.
    >
    > -sw


    Its the walmart syndrome. Shop on price alone and simply ignore what is
    happening to our economy because of it.

  14. #14
    George Guest

    Default Re: Le Creuset Lid Recall

    On 2/27/2011 10:40 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:39:03 -0600, Sqwertz<[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:58:17 -0500, bolivar wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens are marked "made in China".
    >>> It doesn't say which part/s. It's on the box.
    >>> All the uncoated pans I've seen, still say made in USA.

    >>
    >> <shaking head> Like I said, all popular name brands eventually move
    >> to China for some or all of their manufacturing.
    >>
    >> It's really sad.

    >
    > No, it's basic economics... foundrys are extremely polluting... were
    > cast iron products produced in the US no one would pay the price.
    > China has a glut of people, they don't need any stinkin' EPA/OSHA.


    Foundries are extremely polluting if it is 1930.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32