Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: kitchen burn

  1. #1
    Bryan Guest

    Default kitchen burn

    Damn. Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. We
    keep oral analgesic around for such things. It hurts worse at first,
    but then it numbs. I need to be more careful.

    Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    potatoes.

    --Bryan

  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 27, 3:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.
    >
    > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > potatoes.
    >
    > --Bryan


    Ice baby ice!

  3. #3
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 27, 5:12*pm, Chemo the Clown <an...@peak.org> wrote:
    > On Oct 27, 3:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.

    >
    > > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > > potatoes.

    >
    > > --Bryan

    >
    > Ice baby ice!


    Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.

    --Bryan

  4. #4
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    Bwrrrryan wrote:
    >
    >Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts.
    >We keep anal analgesic around for such things.


    I woulda bet good money on it... yoose ******s are all drama queers.

  5. #5
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 27, 3:32*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Oct 27, 5:12*pm, Chemo the Clown <an...@peak.org> wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 27, 3:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > > > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > > > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.

    >
    > > > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > > > potatoes.

    >
    > > > --Bryan

    >
    > > Ice baby ice!

    >
    > Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.
    >
    > --Bryan


    I cannot count how many times I have burned and cut myself. In the
    restaurant kitchen it gets to be old hat. The wost one was when I
    was making my pork mole and I was pureeing the mole (Hot) in the
    blender. I didn't have the lid held down tightly enough with a
    towell and it blew out up in to my face. It was a spicy hot mole
    which added even more heat to the burn. I was lovely for a couple
    of days.



  6. #6
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    Bryan wrote:
    >Chemo the Clown wrote:
    >>Bryan wrote:
    >>
    >> > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    >> > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    >> > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.

    >>
    >> > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    >> > potatoes.

    >>
    >> Ice baby ice!

    >
    >Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.


    In your case straight KY... up your hole! LOL



  7. #7
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 27, 5:44*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > Bwrrrryan wrote:
    >
    > >Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *
    > >We keep anal analgesic around for such things.

    >
    > I woulda bet good money on it... yoose ******s are all drama queers.


    You spend a lot of time thinking about men's rectums.

    --Bryan

  8. #8
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    Bryan <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Damn. Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. We
    > keep oral analgesic around for such things. It hurts worse at first,
    > but then it numbs. I need to be more careful.
    >
    > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > potatoes.
    >
    > --Bryan



    Geez, Bryan,

    It's official. We're related, somehow!

    By mistake I dripped a pan of sizzling hot bacon grease on my left foot.
    I have a hole in my foot to this day, from a Sunday in 1984.

    You got off lucky!!!

    Ya BUM!!!

    The best medicine was Crest toothpaste. Just soothed the pain, not the
    damage.

    Andy

  9. #9
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn


    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > Bryan wrote:
    >>
    >> Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.

    >
    > In your case straight KY... up your hole! LOL


    I think Sheldon just asked you out.



  10. #10
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 27, 5:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.
    >
    > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > potatoes.
    >
    > --Bryan


    I have Solarcaine above the stove for minor burns (like brushing my
    arm against the oven door) - but I've found the best thing for bad
    burns is Vaseline-soaked gauze - you can do your own, or buy it like
    that at the pharmacy. The few times I've used it, I've had no
    blisters at all from the burn, and the pain stops pretty darn fast.

    N.

  11. #11
    JL Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn



    Nunya Bidnits wrote:
    > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >
    >>Bryan wrote:
    >>
    >>>Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.

    >>
    >>In your case straight KY... up your hole! LOL

    >
    >
    > I think Sheldon just asked you out.
    >
    >


    "Projection noted"



    Sheldon is 'so gay" even if, as i suspect, in his celibacy.

    --

    Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

    Domine, dirige nos.

    Let the games begin!
    http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3


  12. #12
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    In article <iac3r1$ibv$[email protected]>,
    "Nunya Bidnits" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > > Bryan wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.

    > >
    > > In your case straight KY... up your hole! LOL

    >
    > I think Sheldon just asked you out.


    <snork> ;-)
    --
    Peace! Om

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    *Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or
    no influence on society. -- Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    In article
    <23960868-7211-4c7b-ac1e-d43b347cfb2b@[email protected]>,
    Nancy2 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 5:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.
    > >
    > > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > > potatoes.
    > >
    > > --Bryan

    >
    > I have Solarcaine above the stove for minor burns (like brushing my
    > arm against the oven door) - but I've found the best thing for bad
    > burns is Vaseline-soaked gauze - you can do your own, or buy it like
    > that at the pharmacy. The few times I've used it, I've had no
    > blisters at all from the burn, and the pain stops pretty darn fast.
    >
    > N.


    I use Olive Oil.
    --
    Peace! Om

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    *Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or
    no influence on society. -- Mark Twain

  14. #14
    Ema Nymton Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On 10/27/2010 5:44 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
    > I cannot count how many times I have burned and cut myself. In the
    > restaurant kitchen it gets to be old hat. The wost one was when I
    > was making my pork mole and I was pureeing the mole (Hot) in the
    > blender. I didn't have the lid held down tightly enough with a
    > towell and it blew out up in to my face. It was a spicy hot mole
    > which added even more heat to the burn. I was lovely for a couple
    > of days.


    That sounds just awful. I am sorry it happened to you, but it reminds
    the rest of us to be more careful.

    Becca

  15. #15
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn


    JL <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Nunya Bidnits wrote:
    >> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bryan wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Now that the pain has subsided, time to cut open an aloe leaf.
    >>>
    >>> In your case straight KY... up your hole! LOL

    >>
    >>
    >> I think Sheldon just asked you out.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > "Projection noted"


    Well done!

    MartyB



  16. #16
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Oct 28, 2:01*pm, Omelet <ompome...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > In article
    > <23960868-7211-4c7b-ac1e-d43b347cf...@j25g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *Nancy2 <nancy-doo...@uiowa.edu> wrote:
    > > On Oct 27, 5:09*pm, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > > Damn. *Burned myself with steam, only one finger, but it hurts. *We
    > > > keep oral analgesic around for such things. *It hurts worse at first,
    > > > but then it numbs. *I need to be more careful.

    >
    > > > Cooked carrots in the microwave to have with pot roast and boiled red
    > > > potatoes.

    >
    > > > --Bryan

    >
    > > I have Solarcaine above the stove for minor burns (like brushing my
    > > arm against the oven door) - but I've found the best thing for bad
    > > burns is Vaseline-soaked gauze - you can do your own, or buy it like
    > > that at the pharmacy. *The few times I've used it, I've had no
    > > blisters at all from the burn, and the pain stops pretty darn fast.


    Solarcaine and Orajel are pretty interchangeable.
    After that, oil of lavender, and pure aloe vera gel, preferably from a
    living plant. We do not have any lavender oil (we should correct
    that), but always keep at least one good sized aloe plant. It's
    tempting when we go to the store with the lavender oil, to buy that
    too expensive, but oh so pleasurable, neroli.
    >
    > > N.

    >
    > I use Olive Oil.


    Vaseline and olive oil are both wrong. You should NEVER use either
    one on a burn. NEVER.

    > --
    > Peace! Om


    --Bryan

  17. #17
    sf Guest

    Default Re: kitchen burn

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:43:40 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Vaseline and olive oil are both wrong. You should NEVER use either
    > one on a burn. NEVER.


    Butter and lard are old fashioned remedies, but just as wrong. Cool
    water, not ice, is recommended for burns these days (although I reach
    for the ice too).
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5572819_treat-kitchen-burn.html

    --

    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32