Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Kitchen accessories,.

  1. #1
    Albion Guest

    Default Kitchen accessories,.


    Hi guys,..
    i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..




    --
    Albion

  2. #2
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    wrote:
    > Hi guys,..
    > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >
    > --
    > Albion


    >
    >

    People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    Kitchen accessories.'

  3. #3
    Nad R Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    Albion <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hi guys,..
    > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..



    "Cheap" and "Durable" are two words that do not usually go well together.
    Especially for kitchen accessories. One could try garage sales or resale
    shops.

    --
    Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

  4. #4
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    >wrote:
    >> Hi guys,..
    >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Albion

    >
    >>
    >>

    >People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    >Kitchen accessories.'


    People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    throw stones.

    Lou

  5. #5
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Jul 4, 11:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    wrote:
    > Hi guys,..
    > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >
    > --
    > Albion


    Cheap and durable - an oxymoron. Buy once and have it forever - this
    means get the best your money can buy.

  6. #6
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Jul 4, 6:43*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    >
    > <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > >On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    > >wrote:
    > >> Hi guys,..
    > >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..

    >
    > >> --
    > >> Albion

    >
    > >People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    > >Kitchen accessories.'

    >
    > People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    > throw *stones. * *
    >
    > Lou


    >
    >

    It doesn't matter what I post through or with what headers I use, I'm
    not here to please you nor receive your blessing. If seeing a post
    from Google or with webtv headers gives you a wedgie you can easily
    block me and your angst at seeing me will be a thing of history. You
    shouldn't throw stones, stupid people such as yourself shouldn't be
    allowed near a keyboard but yet you still show up here with the rest
    of us. So in closing, the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black.

  7. #7
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:31:45 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Jul 4, 6:43*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    >>
    >> <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    >> >On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    >> >wrote:
    >> >> Hi guys,..
    >> >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    >> >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..

    >>
    >> >> --
    >> >> Albion

    >>
    >> >People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    >> >Kitchen accessories.'

    >>
    >> People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    >> throw *stones. * *
    >>
    >> Lou

    >
    >>
    >>

    >It doesn't matter what I post through or with what headers I use, I'm
    >not here to please you nor receive your blessing. If seeing a post
    >from Google or with webtv headers gives you a wedgie you can easily
    >block me and your angst at seeing me will be a thing of history. You
    >shouldn't throw stones, stupid people such as yourself shouldn't be
    >allowed near a keyboard but yet you still show up here with the rest
    >of us. So in closing, the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black.


    You made all that up from my one liner calling you for picking on food
    banter? Now I remember why I had you killfiled on my last computer.
    I'll fix that problem on this machine right now. Nothing you said
    makes any sense in response to what I said. You're an idiot.

    Lou












  8. #8
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Jul 4, 8:25*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:31:45 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > >On Jul 4, 6:43*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

    >
    > >> <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > >> >On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    > >> >wrote:
    > >> >> Hi guys,..
    > >> >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > >> >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..

    >
    > >> >> --
    > >> >> Albion

    >
    > >> >People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    > >> >Kitchen accessories.'

    >
    > >> People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    > >> throw *stones. * *

    >
    > >> Lou

    >
    > >It doesn't matter what I post through or with what headers I use, I'm
    > >not here to please you nor receive your blessing. *If seeing a post
    > >from Google or with webtv headers gives you a wedgie you can easily
    > >block me and your angst at seeing me will be a thing of history. *You
    > >shouldn't throw stones, stupid people such as yourself shouldn't be
    > >allowed near a keyboard but yet you still show up here with the rest
    > >of us. *So in closing, the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black.

    >
    > You made all that up from my one liner calling you for picking on food
    > banter? *Now I remember why I had you killfiled on my last computer.
    > I'll fix that problem on this machine right now. *Nothing you said
    > makes any sense in response to what I said. *You're an idiot. *
    >
    > Lou


    >
    >

    You're the one who started this stupid **** you retarded asshole.
    Killfile me. If you were half as smart as you think yourself to be
    you would have immediately made sure I was killfiled any time you read
    rec.food.cooking no matter what pc you are banging away on. Not as
    brilliant as you thought yourself to be.

  9. #9
    gloria.p Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On 7/4/2011 9:39 AM, Albion wrote:
    > Hi guys,..
    > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >
    >


    Buy fewer and spend more, or be prepared to replace as they break or
    prove to be not so good for the intended use.

    Try epinions.com or go to Amazon and look at various buyers' reviews of
    the tools you a re looking for.

    gloria p

  10. #10
    Nad R Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    "gloria.p" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 7/4/2011 9:39 AM, Albion wrote:
    >> Hi guys,..
    >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Buy fewer and spend more, or be prepared to replace as they break or
    > prove to be not so good for the intended use.
    >
    > Try epinions.com or go to Amazon and look at various buyers' reviews of
    > the tools you a re looking for.
    >
    > gloria p


    Read the negative reviews first. The positive reviews are probably from the
    companies that makes the product.

    --
    Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

  11. #11
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    Joan wrote:

    >>> People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable Kitchen
    >>> accessories.'

    >>
    >> People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    >> throw stones.

    >
    > It doesn't matter what I post through or with what headers I use, I'm not
    > here to please you nor receive your blessing. If seeing a post from
    > Google or with webtv headers gives you a wedgie you can easily block me
    > and your angst at seeing me will be a thing of history. You shouldn't
    > throw stones, stupid people such as yourself shouldn't be allowed near a
    > keyboard but yet you still show up here with the rest of us. So in
    > closing, the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black.


    I think you overreacted to Lou's comment. WebTV users' bad reputation is as
    well-deserved as FoodBanter users' reputation. At least the FoodBanter crowd
    doesn't attach MIDI scripts to their posts, like WebTV users so often do.
    (Instead, they compensate by spamming and click-farming.) Google and gmail
    also have more than their share of noxious characters.

    There *are* good and worthwhile posters from all those groups, but they are
    the exception rather than the rule.

    Bob




  12. #12
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    > wrote:
    > > Hi guys,..
    > > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    > >
    > > --
    > > Albion

    >
    > >
    > >

    > People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    > Kitchen accessories.'


    Send them to the Dollar Store. You can't get much less inexpensive
    than that.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  13. #13
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:48:19 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Cheap and durable - an oxymoron. Buy once and have it forever - this
    > means get the best your money can buy.


    I have to say, I'm sorry I did that. I want to recycle my things now
    and I'd rather they wore out or broke first.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  14. #14
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 19:22:46 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jul 4, 8:25*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > > On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:31:45 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > > >On Jul 4, 6:43*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > > >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

    > >
    > > >> <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > > >> >On Jul 4, 10:39*am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    > > >> >wrote:
    > > >> >> Hi guys,..
    > > >> >> i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    > > >> >> give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..

    > >
    > > >> >> --
    > > >> >> Albion

    > >
    > > >> >People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    > > >> >Kitchen accessories.'

    > >
    > > >> People posting through google with webtv in their headers shouldn't
    > > >> throw *stones. * *

    > >
    > > >> Lou

    > >
    > > >It doesn't matter what I post through or with what headers I use, I'm
    > > >not here to please you nor receive your blessing. *If seeing a post
    > > >from Google or with webtv headers gives you a wedgie you can easily
    > > >block me and your angst at seeing me will be a thing of history. *You
    > > >shouldn't throw stones, stupid people such as yourself shouldn't be
    > > >allowed near a keyboard but yet you still show up here with the rest
    > > >of us. *So in closing, the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black.

    > >
    > > You made all that up from my one liner calling you for picking on food
    > > banter? *Now I remember why I had you killfiled on my last computer.
    > > I'll fix that problem on this machine right now. *Nothing you said
    > > makes any sense in response to what I said. *You're an idiot. *
    > >
    > > Lou

    >
    > >
    > >

    > You're the one who started this stupid **** you retarded asshole.
    > Killfile me. If you were half as smart as you think yourself to be
    > you would have immediately made sure I was killfiled any time you read
    > rec.food.cooking no matter what pc you are banging away on. Not as
    > brilliant as you thought yourself to be.


    LOLOL!

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  15. #15
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:39:22 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > There *are* good and worthwhile posters from all those groups, but they are
    > the exception rather than the rule.


    Oh? Who is good and worthwhile from foodbanter? Please don't name
    Gorio because he's in my killfile - so obviously I don't think he's
    good OR worthwhile.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  16. #16
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 02:37:43 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Read the negative reviews first. The positive reviews are probably from the
    > companies that makes the product.


    Conversely, negative reviews are from ex-employees with a grudge or
    grown up spoiled brat customers who are impossible to please and have
    major issues over minor points.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  17. #17
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    sf wrote:

    >> There *are* good and worthwhile posters from all those groups, but they
    >> are the exception rather than the rule.

    >
    > Oh? Who is good and worthwhile from foodbanter? Please don't name
    > Gorio because he's in my killfile - so obviously I don't think he's
    > good OR worthwhile.


    Beats me; Gorio's the only one I had in mind from FoodBanter. If you
    killfile him, maybe there are none left worth reading in that group.
    Naturally, the evaluation of a poster as "good and worthwhile" is completely
    subjective.

    Bob




  18. #18
    Nad R Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.

    sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 02:37:43 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Read the negative reviews first. The positive reviews are probably from the
    >> companies that makes the product.

    >
    > Conversely, negative reviews are from ex-employees with a grudge or
    > grown up spoiled brat customers who are impossible to please and have
    > major issues over minor points.


    Touché

    --
    Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

  19. #19
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.


    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:48:19 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Cheap and durable - an oxymoron. Buy once and have it forever - this
    >> means get the best your money can buy.

    >
    > I have to say, I'm sorry I did that. I want to recycle my things now
    > and I'd rather they wore out or broke first.
    >
    > --

    I suppose it depends on what "accessories" you bought. I have no idea what
    the OP meant by "accessories". Could be a can opener, could be a bread
    basket. The post couldn't have been more vague.

    I believe in buying quality cookware and quality knives. I've never had to
    replace either one. I don't believe in buying every kitchen gadget/small
    appliance known to man.

    Here's a thought, Barbara: if your kids don't want any of the things you
    want to get recycle, donate the items to AmVets or the Salvation Army or
    Goodwill. In certain circumstances it's a tax write-off, to boot

    Jill


  20. #20
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Kitchen accessories,.


    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]..
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 4, 10:39 am, Albion <Albion.857df89.220...@foodbanter.com>
    >> wrote:
    >> > Hi guys,..
    >> > i am looking for some cheap and durable Kitchen accessories,..
    >> > give me some tips and ideas for cheap store for Kitchen accessories,..
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Albion

    >>
    >> >
    >> >

    >> People from food banter are not allowed to buy nor own 'durable
    >> Kitchen accessories.'

    >
    > Send them to the Dollar Store. You can't get much less inexpensive
    > than that.
    >
    > --

    The dollar store may not sell Le Crueset or other fancy cookware but who
    knows what "accessories" the OP is looking for? You can buy a Swing-a-way
    can opener at most dollar stores and it will cost less than at Wal*Mart

    Jill


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32