Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

  1. #1
    Bigbazza Guest

    Default Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....

    I enjoy quite hot curries, but not insanely stupid heat like these chilli's
    would produce.....

    What do you think of eating dried chilli's like these guys?.....Where is the
    eating pleasure?

    http://tinyurl.com/23towbe

    -- Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

    Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well
    lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision
    of hope.





  2. #2
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Dec 3, 10:36*pm, " Bigbazza" <addr...@au.is.invalid> wrote:
    > Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....


    What? So stupid as to not know how to use an apostrophe?

    --Bryan

  3. #3
    Bigbazza Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    "Bryan" wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..

    On Dec 3, 10:36 pm, " Bigbazza" <addr...@au.is.invalid> wrote:
    > Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....


    What? So stupid as to not know how to use an apostrophe?

    --Bryan


    I presented a question!.... '> Now why would anyone be so stupid as
    this?....' and used the question mark to ask!!

    Anyway, it seems you may think that you are 'up' on your English, but you
    need to get learn some online manners, smart arse!

    -- Bigbazza (Barry) Oz








  4. #4
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 16:54:26 +1100, Bigbazza wrote:

    > Anyway, it seems you may think that you are 'up' on your English, but you
    > need to get learn some online manners, smart arse!


    Don't mind him. He's always on the rag.

    -sw

  5. #5
    ravenlynne Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On 12/3/2010 11:57 PM, Bryan wrote:
    > On Dec 3, 10:36 pm, " Bigbazza"<addr...@au.is.invalid> wrote:
    >> Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....

    >
    > What? So stupid as to not know how to use an apostrophe?
    >
    > --Bryan


    Nothing to contribute except to be a grammar nazi, eh?

    --
    Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
    Forstchen

  6. #6
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Dec 3, 10:36*pm, " Bigbazza" <addr...@au.is.invalid> wrote:
    > Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....
    >
    > I enjoy quite hot curries, but not insanely stupid heat like these chilli's
    > would produce.....
    >
    > What do you think of eating dried chilli's like these guys?.....Where is the
    > eating pleasure?
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/23towbe
    >
    > -- Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
    >
    > Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well
    > lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision
    > of hope.


    Been there, done that, with a big ole freshly pickled habanero pepper
    once. ONCE is the operative word! Just had to do it, and yes there was
    beer involved. And as I like to say it was not so much the incredibly
    intense fiery burning of my mouth, lips and tongue as it was the
    stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach! I had to lay down a while
    until it subsided! Ugh!

    And don't even talk to me about the next day! ;-)

    John Kuthe...

  7. #7
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    John Kuthe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Been there, done that, with a big ole freshly pickled habanero pepper
    > once. ONCE is the operative word! Just had to do it, and yes there was
    > beer involved. And as I like to say it was not so much the incredibly
    > intense fiery burning of my mouth, lips and tongue as it was the
    > stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach! I had to lay down a while
    > until it subsided! Ugh!



    My brother sent me a jar of pickled habaneros, about 30 of them.

    I sliced one into rings and added two rings to a family size box of M&C.

    The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash.

    I kept the jar in the fridge for years but finally made up my mind and
    tossed it.

    I went back to mild green chiles after that!!!

    Andy

  8. #8
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Dec 4, 9:22*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > John Kuthe <johnku...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > Been there, done that, with a big ole freshly pickled habanero pepper
    > > once. ONCE is the operative word! Just had to do it, and yes there was
    > > beer involved. And as I like to say it was not so much the incredibly
    > > intense fiery burning of my mouth, lips and tongue as it was the
    > > stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach! I had to lay down a while
    > > until it subsided! Ugh!

    >
    > My brother sent me a jar of pickled habaneros, about 30 of them.
    >
    > I sliced one into rings and added two rings to a family size box of M&C.
    >
    > The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash.
    >
    > I kept the jar in the fridge for years but finally made up my mind and
    > tossed it.
    >
    > I went back to mild green chiles after that!!!
    >
    > Andy


    The problem is, habaneros have a really good flavor if you can get
    past the heat.

    John Kuthe...

  9. #9
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Dec 4, 9:25*am, John Kuthe <johnku...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 9:22*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > John Kuthe <johnku...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > > Been there, done that, with a big ole freshly pickled habanero pepper
    > > > once. ONCE is the operative word! Just had to do it, and yes there was
    > > > beer involved. And as I like to say it was not so much the incredibly
    > > > intense fiery burning of my mouth, lips and tongue as it was the
    > > > stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach! I had to lay down a while
    > > > until it subsided! Ugh!

    >
    > > My brother sent me a jar of pickled habaneros, about 30 of them.

    >
    > > I sliced one into rings and added two rings to a family size box of M&C..


    Because of course you made M&C from a box.
    >
    > > The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash..

    >

    I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."
    >
    > > I went back to mild green chiles after that!!!

    >
    > > Andy

    >
    > The problem is, habaneros have a really good flavor if you can get
    > past the heat.


    I feel just the opposite. I dislike their flavor. It reminds me of
    fruit that is way over ripe.
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    --Bryan

  10. #10
    ravenlynne Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On 12/4/2010 11:58 AM, Bryan wrote:
    >> On Dec 4, 9:22 am, Andy<a...@b.c> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash.

    >>

    > I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."


    I was thinking the same thing, and I would certainly never add chopped
    habaneros to it. Puke.


    --
    Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
    Forstchen

  11. #11
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    Bryan <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."



    Kraft M&C is easy. If I make a box and that's all, it's by definition the
    main dish. Now if it was part of a meal, side dish would be more PC.

    My scratch cheese and noodle casserole is a delicious labor of love!!! And
    very rich and fattening!!! I only make it once a year.

    Andy

  12. #12
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Dec 4, 10:58*am, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 9:25*am, John Kuthe <johnku...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Dec 4, 9:22*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:

    >
    > > > John Kuthe <johnku...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > > > Been there, done that, with a big ole freshly pickled habanero pepper
    > > > > once. ONCE is the operative word! Just had to do it, and yes there was
    > > > > beer involved. And as I like to say it was not so much the incredibly
    > > > > intense fiery burning of my mouth, lips and tongue as it was the
    > > > > stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach! I had to lay down a while
    > > > > until it subsided! Ugh!

    >
    > > > My brother sent me a jar of pickled habaneros, about 30 of them.

    >
    > > > I sliced one into rings and added two rings to a family size box of M&C.

    >
    > Because of course you made M&C from a box.
    >
    > > > The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash.

    >
    > I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."
    >
    >
    >
    > > > I went back to mild green chiles after that!!!

    >
    > > > Andy

    >
    > > The problem is, habaneros have a really good flavor if you can get
    > > past the heat.

    >
    > I feel just the opposite. *I dislike their flavor. *It reminds me of
    > fruit that is way over ripe.
    >
    >
    >
    > > John Kuthe...

    >
    > --Bryan


    Yea, it's a fruity kind of flavor. I'm not surprised it's not to your
    tastes Bryan. Little is, said to say. I feel badly for you not only
    because your hypersensitive sense of taste causes you to dislike so
    many flavors, but conversely because it prevents you from enjoying so
    many! Like curries. I can't imagine not loving curries, but I know you
    hate them. I happen to love them! Have you ever thought about it from
    this "...Side Of The Story", STS?

    John Kuthe...

  13. #13
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    " Bigbazza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....
    >
    > I enjoy quite hot curries, but not insanely stupid heat like these
    > chilli's would produce.....
    >
    > What do you think of eating dried chilli's like these guys?.....Where is
    > the eating pleasure?
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/23towbe
    >
    > -- Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
    >

    I think anyone who tries to eat the hottest pepper, dried or not, is out of
    their minds. They don't care about how food tastes. They're just being
    juvenile trying to outdo each other in some sort of macho who is the most
    manly exercise. Doesn't impress me one bit. Seasoning is one thing. Hot
    to the point of not being able to taste anything else is ridiculous.

    Jill


  14. #14
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 09:22:08 -0600, Andy wrote:

    > My brother sent me a jar of pickled habaneros, about 30 of them.
    >
    > I sliced one into rings and added two rings to a family size box of M&C.
    >
    > The result: they killed the dish! After one bite it went into the trash.


    Your brother must like you as much as we do.

    -sw

  15. #15
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 07:25:37 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

    > The problem is, habaneros have a really good flavor if you can get
    > past the heat.


    I deseed and devein habs with an #10 Exact blade. If the habs are
    fresh and haven't been smooshed (If Andy hasn't got to them yet),
    you can remove over 80% of the heat/capsaicin that way. Wear
    gloves of course.

    -sw

  16. #16
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    John Kuthe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The problem is, habaneros have a really good flavor if you can get
    > past the heat.



    The pickled habaneros either shrunk and heat concentrated (?) in the
    pickling juice or were just picked and pickled young, not much bigger than
    large grapes.

    It was a product from www.hothothot.com but it's no longer carried.

    I never had a fresh habanero to tell the heat difference. But two thin
    rings ruining a whole family pot of M&C was a terrible first and last
    introduction to them.

    Andy

  17. #17
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:05:35 -0600, Andy wrote:

    > Bryan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."

    >
    > Kraft M&C is easy.


    Hopefully you make it in the microwave rather than over open
    flames. I mean, you have shut off all the gas at the main, right?

    -sw

  18. #18
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    On 2010-12-04, Bigbazza <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What do you think of eating dried chilli's like these guys?.....Where is the
    > eating pleasure?


    Capsaicin (the hot stuff) becomes tolerable with use. Eat enough of
    it while moving up the Scoville scale and you can tolerate hotter and
    hotter levels in time. Quit eating it and your threshhold drops.

    I'm no macho chile eater, so I don't go for that "lookee me" stuff. My
    current comfort zone is sriracha, which I can eat straight. I did
    accidently buy a bottle of habanero Tabasco sauce and have slowly
    (very!) built up a slight tolerance. Surprisingly, it's pretty tasty.
    I have zero desire to try that viper stuff. My goal is Thai chiles.
    I'm hoping building up my tolerance with habanero Tabasco will allow
    me to enjoy the hottest Thai foods.

    nb

  19. #19
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:05:35 -0600, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> Bryan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wouldn't call Kraft M&C a "dish."

    >>
    >> Kraft M&C is easy.

    >
    > Hopefully you make it in the microwave rather than over open
    > flames. I mean, you have shut off all the gas at the main, right?
    >
    > -sw



    Little stevie warts,

    Again you're just talking butt stupid out of your ass!!!

    Go play in traffic.

  20. #20
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Insanely Hot Chilli's!......

    jmcquown wrote:
    >
    > " Bigbazza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > > Now why would anyone be so stupid as this?....
    > >
    > > I enjoy quite hot curries, but not insanely stupid heat like these
    > > chilli's would produce.....
    > >
    > > What do you think of eating dried chilli's like these guys?.....Where is
    > > the eating pleasure?
    > >

    > I think anyone who tries to eat the hottest pepper, dried or not, is out of
    > their minds. They don't care about how food tastes. They're just being
    > juvenile trying to outdo each other in some sort of macho who is the most
    > manly exercise. Doesn't impress me one bit. Seasoning is one thing. Hot
    > to the point of not being able to taste anything else is ridiculous.


    Neither of you understand chili-eating. To the experienced
    palate, these are not especially hot. The more chilis you eat,
    the less hot they become. I cook with habaneros and Thai chilis
    all the time. A raw habanero would taste hot to me, but I would
    be able to eat one with no problem. I took me several months to
    reach this level, eating Thai chilis every day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32