Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

  1. #1
    [email protected] Guest

    Default I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    not recall the brand name.

    Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?

    Thanks



  2. #2
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    > must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > not recall the brand name.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >
    > Thanks



    Trolls like you usually look under bridges.

  3. #3
    zxcvbob Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On 4/10/2011 7:30 AM, [email protected] wrote:
    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    > must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > not recall the brand name.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >


    McCormick and Schilling sell something call "Hickory Smoked Salt".
    (Tone's may have it too.) Try that and see if it works for you. HTH

    -Bob

  4. #4
    Janet Bostwick Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:30:10 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    >talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    >must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    >in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    >and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    >not recall the brand name.
    >
    >Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >
    >Thanks
    >

    Costco carries their own brand of Hickory Smoke season salt. I threw
    mine away because the smokey flavor was too strong for me.
    Janet US

  5. #5
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    > must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > not recall the brand name.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >
    > Thanks



    You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc know
    where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!

    Andy

  6. #6
    spamtrap1888 Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Apr 10, 5:30*am, JesseGo...@dotcom.com wrote:
    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. *I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. *For my needs I
    > must have the dry type. *The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > in the stores. *I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > not recall the brand name. *
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? *Where to buy it?
    >


    I'll just use some smoked paprika or powdered chipotle, to get a
    smokey flavor.

  7. #7
    Janet Bostwick Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:46:11 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Janet Bostwick wrote:
    >>
    >> Costco carries their own brand of Hickory Smoke season salt. I threw
    >> mine away because the smokey flavor was too strong for me.

    >
    >You couldn't just use less?


    To me, the taste was unpleasant and tasted artificial. It wasn't what
    I expected of a smoked season salt. However, I lost all sense of
    smell and taste a year ago as a result of a bad head cold. I have
    regained much, but some flavor notes are missing and others
    predominate. I'm hoping I get everything back some day because the
    doctor says they can't do anything about that. I miss smelling my
    roses and lilies ;[
    I wasn't able to find anyone would take the almost full jar. Some
    pretty timid eaters live around me.
    Janet US

  8. #8
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    Janet Bostwick wrote:
    >
    > Costco carries their own brand of Hickory Smoke season salt. I threw
    > mine away because the smokey flavor was too strong for me.


    You couldn't just use less?

  9. #9
    Janet Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    If anyone is interested in really good smoked salt, I suggest that you get
    some from the Maine Sea Salt Company. It's delicious. They have a web site.



  10. #10
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:41:12 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    >> talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    >> must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    >> in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    >> and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    >> not recall the brand name.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    > Trolls like you usually look under bridges.


    you don't know what a troll is, do you?

    blake

  11. #11
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:09:46 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    >> talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    >> must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    >> in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    >> and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    >> not recall the brand name.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    > You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc know
    > where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!
    >
    > Andy


    have you already forgotten he's a troll who lives under a bridge? a little
    over two hours. pitiful.

    blake

  12. #12
    sf Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:30:10 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    > must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > not recall the brand name.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    >


    You probably had smoked paprika, but you can find smoked salt too.

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  13. #13
    sf Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:58:28 -0400, blake murphy
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:41:12 -0500, Andy wrote:
    >
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > >> Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. I am NOT
    > >> talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. For my needs I
    > >> must have the dry type. The problem is that I am not finding it now
    > >> in the stores. I do not recall where I got it probably 15 years ago,
    > >> and I made the mistake to throwing the empty bottle away and now I do
    > >> not recall the brand name.
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? Where to buy it?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > >
    > > Trolls like you usually look under bridges.

    >
    > you don't know what a troll is, do you?
    >

    A lot of posters here don't. Some mix up morphers with trolls, not
    that the terms are mutually exclusive in certain cases.


    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  14. #14
    BigBadBubbas Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    Janet wrote:
    > If anyone is interested in really good smoked
    > salt, I suggest that
    > you get some from the Maine Sea Salt Company.
    > It's delicious. They
    > have a web site.


    I just smoke my own when I want smoked salt.

    I put salt in a very thin layer on a tray and
    place it on an unused rack while I am smoking
    something else. I probably should have made some
    yesterday while I was smoking a couple of
    briskets.




  15. #15
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 08:21:34 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:

    > Costco carries their own brand of Hickory Smoke season salt. I threw
    > mine away because the smokey flavor was too strong for me.


    I guess they don't dare try and sell that here in Texas Costco's.

    -sw

  16. #16
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:09:46 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc know
    > where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!


    Just a few hours ago you were calling them a troll, and now here you
    are bitching at them for not telling you here they live?!?

    Are you drunk already at 10am?

    -sw

  17. #17
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:09:46 -0500, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc know
    >> where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!

    >
    > Just a few hours ago you were calling them a troll, and now here you
    > are bitching at them for not telling you here they live?!?
    >
    > Are you drunk already at 10am?
    >
    > -sw



    Are you not a drawf?

    Andy

  18. #18
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:24:05 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:09:46 -0500, Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc know
    >>> where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!

    >>
    >> Just a few hours ago you were calling them a troll, and now here you
    >> are bitching at them for not telling you here they live?!?
    >>
    >> Are you drunk already at 10am?

    >
    > Are you not a drawf?


    Am I a Japanese Maple Tree? Uh, no.

    And since you already admitted you were drunk (and stupid). The
    answer to both questions is "Yes".

    -sw

  19. #19
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:24:05 -0500, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:09:46 -0500, Andy wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> You could've been a bit more considerate/informative and let rfc

    know
    >>>> where you're located. Ya BUM!!!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Just a few hours ago you were calling them a troll, and now here you
    >>> are bitching at them for not telling you here they live?!?
    >>>
    >>> Are you drunk already at 10am?

    >>
    >> Are you not a drawf?

    >
    > Am I a Japanese Maple Tree? Uh, no.
    >
    > And since you already admitted you were drunk (and stupid). The
    > answer to both questions is "Yes".
    >
    > -sw



    Little stevie wartz,

    There's a miniature Japanese maple that's taller than you.

    Ya miserable little shrimp.

    Andy

  20. #20
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: I'm looking for Smoke Flavor spice

    On Apr 10, 7:30*am, JesseGo...@dotcom.com wrote:
    > Years ago I got a bottle of Smoke Flavor in a spice bottle. *I am NOT
    > talking about the Liquid variety called Liquid Smoke. *
    >
    > Does anyone know what brand this stuff is? *Where to buy it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >

    A Google search brought up a wealth of smoke flavor powder. Useful
    tool searches can be.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32