Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I didn't know

  1. #1
    sf Guest

    Default I didn't know


    that ground coriander and tarragon went together so well!
    http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-dijon

    The recipe was more a series of suggestions than a map because I
    didn't follow it to a T. I didn't have coriander seeds so I used
    ground, thighs instead of legs, vegetable broth instead of chicken
    broth, heavy cream instead of sour cream and didn't really follow the
    proportions as written. I was afraid I'd put in too much Dijon until
    I remembered that I still needed to add the cream - then it was fine.
    Oh, so yummy! I'm going to try that coriander-tarragon combo with
    chicken again.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  2. #2
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know

    On 13/09/2012 11:30 AM, sf wrote:
    >
    > that ground coriander and tarragon went together so well!
    > http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-dijon
    >
    > The recipe was more a series of suggestions than a map because I
    > didn't follow it to a T. I didn't have coriander seeds so I used
    > ground, thighs instead of legs, vegetable broth instead of chicken
    > broth, heavy cream instead of sour cream and didn't really follow the
    > proportions as written. I was afraid I'd put in too much Dijon until
    > I remembered that I still needed to add the cream - then it was fine.
    > Oh, so yummy! I'm going to try that coriander-tarragon combo with
    > chicken again.
    >



    Years ago y wife used a recipe that came out of Gourmet magazine, a
    rolled shoulder of lamb, and the inside of it was smeared with a mixture
    of crushed coriander, garlic, green onion and butter <?> . It was
    incredible. It was so good we had it again and again. I got sick of it,
    Maybe it is time to look up the recipe and try it again.

  3. #3
    Judy Haffner Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know


    I like coriander okay, but tarragon is one spice I absolutely can't
    stand the smell, or taste of. I can tolerate others than many don't care
    for, like curry, oregano, fennel, etc., but as with most, a little goes
    a long way, but I steer clean of anything that calls for tarragon..even
    the tarragon vinegar....yuck!

    Judy


  4. #4
    sf Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:23:09 -0400, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 13/09/2012 11:30 AM, sf wrote:
    > >
    > > that ground coriander and tarragon went together so well!
    > > http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-dijon
    > >
    > > The recipe was more a series of suggestions than a map because I
    > > didn't follow it to a T. I didn't have coriander seeds so I used
    > > ground, thighs instead of legs, vegetable broth instead of chicken
    > > broth, heavy cream instead of sour cream and didn't really follow the
    > > proportions as written. I was afraid I'd put in too much Dijon until
    > > I remembered that I still needed to add the cream - then it was fine.
    > > Oh, so yummy! I'm going to try that coriander-tarragon combo with
    > > chicken again.
    > >

    >
    >
    > Years ago y wife used a recipe that came out of Gourmet magazine, a
    > rolled shoulder of lamb, and the inside of it was smeared with a mixture
    > of crushed coriander, garlic, green onion and butter <?> . It was
    > incredible. It was so good we had it again and again. I got sick of it,
    > Maybe it is time to look up the recipe and try it again.


    I'm going to marinate lamb chops in fresh rosemary, lemon juice, EVOO
    and garlic. Maybe I should sprinkle some coriander on the chops just
    before I put them into the pan.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  5. #5
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know

    On 9/13/2012 2:09 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:
    >
    > I like coriander okay, but tarragon is one spice I absolutely can't
    > stand the smell, or taste of. I can tolerate others than many don't care
    > for, like curry, oregano, fennel, etc., but as with most, a little goes
    > a long way, but I steer clean of anything that calls for tarragon..even
    > the tarragon vinegar....yuck!
    >


    I like tarragon in small quantities and I find daubing on tarragon
    vinegar before broiling improves trout a lot. People's sensitivities to
    flavors do vary a lot and I think Julia Child was less sensitive to
    tarragon than I am, judging by the excessive amounts she used in her shows.


    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:09:39 -0800, [email protected] (Judy Haffner)
    wrote:
    >
    > I like coriander okay, but tarragon is one spice I absolutely can't
    > stand the smell, or taste of. I can tolerate others than many don't care
    > for, like curry, oregano, fennel, etc., but as with most, a little goes
    > a long way, but I steer clean of anything that calls for tarragon..even
    > the tarragon vinegar....yuck!
    >

    I don't have any problems with tarragon. In fact I like it a lot, I
    just don't cook with it. I had more trouble deciding to go with the
    coriander than I did with the tarragon; but the end result was very
    good and I'm glad I tried the recipe. Those who are interested in the
    recipe will click on the link, everyone else will tell us how much
    they don't like one thing or another.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  7. #7
    T Guest

    Default Re: I didn't know

    In article <aEo4s.27360$[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...
    >
    > On 13/09/2012 11:30 AM, sf wrote:
    > >
    > > that ground coriander and tarragon went together so well!
    > > http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-dijon
    > >
    > > The recipe was more a series of suggestions than a map because I
    > > didn't follow it to a T. I didn't have coriander seeds so I used
    > > ground, thighs instead of legs, vegetable broth instead of chicken
    > > broth, heavy cream instead of sour cream and didn't really follow the
    > > proportions as written. I was afraid I'd put in too much Dijon until
    > > I remembered that I still needed to add the cream - then it was fine.
    > > Oh, so yummy! I'm going to try that coriander-tarragon combo with
    > > chicken again.
    > >

    >
    >
    > Years ago y wife used a recipe that came out of Gourmet magazine, a
    > rolled shoulder of lamb, and the inside of it was smeared with a mixture
    > of crushed coriander, garlic, green onion and butter <?> . It was
    > incredible. It was so good we had it again and again. I got sick of it,
    > Maybe it is time to look up the recipe and try it again.


    That's ok. I was at the local Price Rite and I noted they had Garam
    Masala!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32