Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    An Review From the Burbs.

    My neighbors ran out of dynamite at about 3PM. I'd love to see the damage
    done! Then the other neighbors set off their little firecrackers. They
    sounded so wimpy.

    Philly held a "Welcome America" concert which was hip-hop, wrap and a
    little soul. It all sounded fairly unrehearsed, with a house band backing
    up the headliners. The last artist sang hip hop so fast her four songs
    were complete gibberish.

    The audience enthusiasm was minimal at best. The headliners tried to
    rouse the audience but after waiting in 95+ degrees for hours, many were
    sapped of strength before the show even started. It ran from 8pm to 11pm.
    They overbooked the headliners, allowing pretty lousy music to run so
    long, imho. I pictured all the youngsters crying to go home.I grade it a
    C.

    The fireworks didn't start until 11:10pm. While there were thousands
    exploding, the choice of music was terrible while syncing the fireworks
    to the music was non-existent. The grand finale was hard to recognize
    since they flooded the sky most of the show. I also grade it a C.

    It was well attended but numbers were pure talking head ambitious
    guesses: 100,000, 250,000, 500,000. I don't like large crowds so I
    watched it on TV with the air conditioning. And I don't even like those
    musical styles. I don't know about anybody else but a turntable is NOT a
    musical instruent!

    It's all history now. Better luck next time Philly. You get a C, too. A
    sub-average effort, imho.

    My neighborss with the dynamite I graded A+.

    Andy

  2. #2
    A Moose in Love Guest

    Default Re: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    On Jul 5, 4:16*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July
    >
    > An Review From the Burbs.
    >
    > My neighbors ran out of dynamite at about 3PM. I'd love to see the damage
    > done! Then the other neighbors set off their little firecrackers. They
    > sounded so wimpy.
    >
    > Philly held a "Welcome America" concert which was hip-hop, wrap and a
    > little soul. It all sounded fairly unrehearsed, with a house band backing
    > up *the headliners. The last artist sang hip hop so fast her four songs
    > were complete gibberish.
    >
    > The audience enthusiasm was minimal at best. The headliners tried to
    > rouse the audience but after waiting in 95+ degrees for hours, many were
    > sapped of strength before the show even started. It ran from 8pm to 11pm.
    > They overbooked the headliners, allowing pretty lousy music to run so
    > long, imho. I pictured all the youngsters crying to go home.I grade it a
    > C.
    >
    > The fireworks didn't start until 11:10pm. While there were thousands
    > exploding, the choice of music was terrible while syncing the fireworks
    > to the music was non-existent. The grand finale was hard to recognize
    > since they flooded the sky most of the show. I also grade it a C.
    >
    > It was well attended but numbers were pure talking head ambitious
    > guesses: 100,000, 250,000, 500,000. I don't like large crowds so I
    > watched it on TV with the air conditioning. And I don't even like those
    > musical styles. I don't know about anybody else but a turntable is NOT a
    > musical instruent!
    >
    > It's all history now. Better luck next time Philly. You get a C, too. A
    > sub-average effort, imho.
    >
    > My neighborss with the dynamite I graded A+.
    >
    > Andy


    LOL. I watched 'Lonely Planet' one day. The host was in a small
    mining town in Bolivia. While there, he went into a shop and
    purchased a few sticks of dynamite. No license. Nothing.

  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:40:14 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > LOL. I watched 'Lonely Planet' one day. The host was in a small
    > mining town in Bolivia. While there, he went into a shop and
    > purchased a few sticks of dynamite. No license. Nothing.


    Yet there must be a reason you still live in Canada in spite of all
    the gun laws and other restrictions on your "personal freedom".

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  4. #4
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    On 7/5/2012 4:16 AM, Andy wrote:
    > How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July
    >
    > An Review From the Burbs.
    >
    > My neighbors ran out of dynamite at about 3PM. I'd love to see the damage
    > done! Then the other neighbors set off their little firecrackers. They
    > sounded so wimpy.
    >
    > Philly held a "Welcome America" concert which was hip-hop, wrap and a
    > little soul. It all sounded fairly unrehearsed, with a house band backing
    > up the headliners. The last artist sang hip hop so fast her four songs
    > were complete gibberish.
    >
    > The audience enthusiasm was minimal at best. The headliners tried to
    > rouse the audience but after waiting in 95+ degrees for hours, many were
    > sapped of strength before the show even started. It ran from 8pm to 11pm.
    > They overbooked the headliners, allowing pretty lousy music to run so
    > long, imho. I pictured all the youngsters crying to go home.I grade it a
    > C.
    >
    > The fireworks didn't start until 11:10pm. While there were thousands
    > exploding, the choice of music was terrible while syncing the fireworks
    > to the music was non-existent. The grand finale was hard to recognize
    > since they flooded the sky most of the show. I also grade it a C.
    >
    > It was well attended but numbers were pure talking head ambitious
    > guesses: 100,000, 250,000, 500,000. I don't like large crowds so I
    > watched it on TV with the air conditioning. And I don't even like those
    > musical styles. I don't know about anybody else but a turntable is NOT a
    > musical instruent!
    >
    > It's all history now. Better luck next time Philly. You get a C, too. A
    > sub-average effort, imho.
    >
    > My neighborss with the dynamite I graded A+.
    >


    How is Philly doing with the power outages there from Friday? Want to
    see something amazing? I didn't know Philly was hit, but most of the
    mid-Atlantic was. In this picture you can slide the middle line to see
    a satellite image from Friday night and then Saturday night. Since the
    storms came through so late, I'm assuming the Fri image had to be before
    11 pm or midnight.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...space/?hpid=z1


  5. #5
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    Cheryl <[email protected]> wrote:

    > How is Philly doing with the power outages there from Friday? Want to
    > see something amazing? I didn't know Philly was hit, but most of the
    > mid-Atlantic was.



    I think Philly is in the 8th day of the heat wave.

    No outagges

    A couple more days to go according to the talking heads.

    Andy

  6. #6
    Cheryl Guest

    Default Re: How Philadelphia wrapped up thee 4th of July

    On 7/5/2012 10:52 PM, Andy wrote:
    > Cheryl<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> How is Philly doing with the power outages there from Friday? Want to
    >> see something amazing? I didn't know Philly was hit, but most of the
    >> mid-Atlantic was.

    >
    >
    > I think Philly is in the 8th day of the heat wave.
    >
    > No outagges
    >
    > A couple more days to go according to the talking heads.
    >
    >


    I guess the word "clouds" in the after image just means the lights of
    the cities couldn't be seen from the satellite. Yeah, I think the heat
    wave is supposed to break by Sunday late.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32