Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How about this?

  1. #1
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default How about this?

    Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    zest spread?

    I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    in the divinity she makes for me.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
    10-30-2009

  2. #2
    Mookie Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    On Nov 21, 8:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    wrote:
    > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > zest spread?
    >
    > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > in the divinity she makes for me.
    > --
    > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller- Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
    > 10-30-2009


    Barb, that sounds delicious and so appropriate for the season. Yum!
    Ruth

  3. #3
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Mookie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Nov 21, 8:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    > > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > > zest spread?
    > >
    > > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > > in the divinity she makes for me.
    > > --
    > > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller- Who Said
    > > Chickens Have Fingers?
    > > 10-30-2009

    >
    > Barb, that sounds delicious and so appropriate for the season. Yum!
    > Ruth


    Thanks, Ruth. I zest a fresh orange a little later. I'm thinking of a
    tablespoon of orange-flavor booze in the blend, too. What do you think?

    I've just toasted the black walnuts and am letting a half pound of cream
    cheese and a 1/4 cup of butter soften in a mixing bowl while I take a
    nap and while Himself prepares his sweet-sour red cabbage. As sous chef
    for that enterprise, I shred the cabbage Now if he can figure it out
    without disturbing my nap, I'll be a happy camper. :-)


    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Guess who's on the cover of the December 2009 issue
    of Creative Keepsakes magazine! It's LaTwerp.

  4. #4
    Miche Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > zest spread?
    >
    > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > in the divinity she makes for me.


    Oh man. Sounds pretty good to me!

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

  5. #5
    Mookie Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    On Nov 21, 2:41*pm, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    wrote:
    > In article
    > <75cd868d-d41d-4dee-a8ae-c81fcd68a...@h2g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > *Mookie <all...@felicityfranklinschools.org> wrote:
    > > On Nov 21, 8:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > > wrote:
    > > > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > > > zest spread?

    >
    > > > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > > > in the divinity she makes for me.
    > > > --
    > > > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller-Who Said
    > > > Chickens Have Fingers?
    > > > 10-30-2009

    >
    > > Barb, that sounds delicious and so appropriate for the season. Yum!
    > > Ruth

    >
    > Thanks, Ruth. *I zest a fresh orange a little later. *I'm thinking ofa
    > tablespoon of orange-flavor booze in the blend, too. *What do you think?
    >
    > I've just toasted the black walnuts and am letting a half pound of cream
    > cheese and a 1/4 cup of butter soften in a mixing bowl while I take a
    > nap and while Himself prepares his sweet-sour red cabbage. *As sous chef
    > for that enterprise, I shred the cabbage * Now if *he can figure it out
    > without disturbing my nap, I'll be a happy camper. *:-)
    >
    > --
    > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    > Guess who's on the cover of the December 2009 issue
    > of Creative Keepsakes magazine! *It's LaTwerp.


    Barb, the orange flavored boozed would be an elegant touch. A twist on
    booze berry jam I'm thingking. :-)
    Ruth

  6. #6
    Mookie Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    On Nov 21, 3:19*pm, Mookie <all...@felicityfranklinschools.org> wrote:
    > On Nov 21, 2:41*pm, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > In article
    > > <75cd868d-d41d-4dee-a8ae-c81fcd68a...@h2g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,

    >
    > > *Mookie <all...@felicityfranklinschools.org> wrote:
    > > > On Nov 21, 8:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > > > wrote:
    > > > > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > > > > zest spread?

    >
    > > > > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > > > > in the divinity she makes for me.
    > > > > --
    > > > > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller-WhoSaid
    > > > > Chickens Have Fingers?
    > > > > 10-30-2009

    >
    > > > Barb, that sounds delicious and so appropriate for the season. Yum!
    > > > Ruth

    >
    > > Thanks, Ruth. *I zest a fresh orange a little later. *I'm thinking of a
    > > tablespoon of orange-flavor booze in the blend, too. *What do you think?

    >
    > > I've just toasted the black walnuts and am letting a half pound of cream
    > > cheese and a 1/4 cup of butter soften in a mixing bowl while I take a
    > > nap and while Himself prepares his sweet-sour red cabbage. *As sous chef
    > > for that enterprise, I shred the cabbage * Now if *he can figure itout
    > > without disturbing my nap, I'll be a happy camper. *:-)

    >
    > > --
    > > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    > > Guess who's on the cover of the December 2009 issue
    > > of Creative Keepsakes magazine! *It's LaTwerp.

    >
    > Barb, the orange flavored boozed would be an elegant touch. A twist on
    > booze berry jam I'm thingking. :-)
    > Ruth- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Meant "thinking."

  7. #7
    projektilevomitchick@[email protected] Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    On Nov 21, 7:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    wrote:
    > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > zest spread?


    Sounds very GOOD.

    >
    > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > in the divinity she makes for me.


    Now I'm jealous, I haven't had any divinity in years :-(


  8. #8
    Dave Bugg Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > zest spread?


    The spread sounds wonderful.
    --
    Dave
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
    you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan



  9. #9
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > On Nov 21, 7:30*am, Melba's Jammin' <barbschal...@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    > > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > > zest spread?

    >
    > Sounds very GOOD.
    >
    > >
    > > I gave some of the black walnuts to Niece Sandy and will get them back
    > > in the divinity she makes for me.

    >
    > Now I'm jealous, I haven't had any divinity in years :-(


    Too bad you're not Uncle NB. :-)
    No one makes Divinity like Sandy.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
    10-30-2009

  10. #10
    gloria.p Guest

    Default Re: How about this?

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Pumpkin bread with cream cheese-BLACK walnuts-dried cranberries-orange
    > zest spread?
    >




    It works for me! I might've combined differently:

    pumpkin-black walnut bread with cranberry-orange cream cheese, OR
    pumpkin-cranberry-black walnut bread with orange zested-cream cheese

    You get the picture. Any of the versions sound yummy.

    Those combinations would work well with zucchini or banana bread,
    too, I'm thinking. (I'm not overwhelmed by pumpkin bread, but
    I'll eat it if neavailable.)

    ;-)
    gloria p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32