Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

  1. #1
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back out last of
    last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came back this year. And
    he has really been acting like a bitch. Critical as hell of everyone,
    pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    screaming. As if he should be given some special accord.

    Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. The guys on the
    Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. He never did anything
    anyway." Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone else was
    busy doing prep. He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showed him
    kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. Everyone else was working.
    Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.

    This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    Kitchen three times. Three times!" Yeah? So what? You can't keep riding
    on the disability pass, dude.

    So he got booted. This time for good. I literally could have stood up and
    cheered. He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be kicked
    off the competition. As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef, and
    Robert isn't it."

    I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick any
    of them

    Jill


  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Aug 27, 11:29*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > Watched it Tuesday night. *Robert was back after having to back out last of
    > last year's episode due to heart palptations. *He came back this year. *And
    > he has really been acting like a bitch. *Critical as hell of everyone,
    > pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    > screaming. *As if he should be given some special accord.
    >
    > Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. *The guys onthe
    > Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. *He never did anything
    > anyway." *Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone else was
    > busy doing prep. *He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showedhim
    > kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. *Everyone else was working.
    > Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.
    >
    > This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    > Kitchen three times. *Three times!" *Yeah? *So what? *You can't keep riding
    > on the disability pass, dude.
    >
    > So he got booted. *This time for good. *I literally could have stood up and
    > cheered. *He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be kicked
    > off the competition. *As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef, and
    > Robert isn't it."
    >
    > I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. *None of the
    > contestants stand out. *The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick any
    > of them
    >
    > Jill


    I can't stand the show. I'd rather have my eyelids taped open and have
    to watch CSI Miami.

  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:31:45 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >I can't stand the show. I'd rather have my eyelids taped open and have
    >to watch CSI Miami.


    I don't like that show, and I especially do not like Gordon Ramsey.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  4. #4
    Stu Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

    -->Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back out last of
    -->last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came back this year. And
    -->he has really been acting like a bitch. Critical as hell of everyone,
    -->pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    -->screaming. As if he should be given some special accord.
    -->
    -->Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. The guys on the
    -->Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. He never did anything
    -->anyway." Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone else was
    -->busy doing prep. He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showed him
    -->kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. Everyone else was working.
    -->Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.
    -->
    -->This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    -->Kitchen three times. Three times!" Yeah? So what? You can't keep riding
    -->on the disability pass, dude.
    -->
    -->So he got booted. This time for good. I literally could have stood up and
    -->cheered. He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be kicked
    -->off the competition. As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef, and
    -->Robert isn't it."
    -->
    -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    -->contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick any
    -->of them
    -->
    -->Jill


    I don't know why the food network airs his program at all. He's a nasty filthy
    mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining to have
    one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates them on the
    line during service.

  5. #5
    Tracy Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    Stu wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > -->Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back out last of
    > -->last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came back this year. And
    > -->he has really been acting like a bitch. Critical as hell of everyone,
    > -->pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    > -->screaming. As if he should be given some special accord.
    > -->
    > -->Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. The guys on the
    > -->Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. He never did anything
    > -->anyway." Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone else was
    > -->busy doing prep. He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showed him
    > -->kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. Everyone else was working.
    > -->Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.
    > -->
    > -->This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    > -->Kitchen three times. Three times!" Yeah? So what? You can't keep riding
    > -->on the disability pass, dude.
    > -->
    > -->So he got booted. This time for good. I literally could have stood up and
    > -->cheered. He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be kicked
    > -->off the competition. As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef, and
    > -->Robert isn't it."
    > -->
    > -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    > -->contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick any
    > -->of them
    > -->
    > -->Jill
    >
    >
    > I don't know why the food network airs his program at all. He's a nasty filthy
    > mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining to have
    > one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates them on the
    > line during service.


    He's not on the Food Network. This is a Fox show.....which explains a lot.

    He does have another show on BBC America - I forget the name but he is
    much calmer. He still calls people names but he is not nearly as bad as
    Hell's Kitchen.

    Tracy

  6. #6
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    "Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:h76njj$q6j$[email protected]..
    > Stu wrote:
    >> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -->Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back out
    >> last of -->last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came back
    >> this year. And -->he has really been acting like a bitch. Critical as
    >> hell of everyone, -->pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking
    >> things and yelling and -->screaming. As if he should be given some
    >> special accord.
    >> -->
    >> -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of
    >> the -->contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay
    >> didn't pick any
    >> -->of them
    >> -->
    >>
    >> I don't know why the food network airs his program at all. He's a nasty
    >> filthy
    >> mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining to
    >> have
    >> one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates them
    >> on the
    >> line during service.

    >
    > He's not on the Food Network. This is a Fox show.....which explains a lot.
    >
    > He does have another show on BBC America - I forget the name but he is
    > much calmer. He still calls people names but he is not nearly as bad as
    > Hell's Kitchen.
    >
    > Tracy



    You're thinking of Kitchen Nightmares, where he goes in and "fixes" failing
    restaurants. From what I've seen those restaurants desperately need
    "fixing". I wouldn't eat in them. Apparently no one else would, either

    Once you get past the yelling and cussing, Chef Ramsay actually knows what
    he's doing. He knows about food, he knows how to run a kitchen. That would
    be why he has several successful restarauts around the world.

    Jill


  7. #7
    Tracy Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    jmcquown wrote:
    > "Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:h76njj$q6j$[email protected]..
    >> Stu wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown"
    >>> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -->Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back
    >>> out last of -->last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came
    >>> back this year. And -->he has really been acting like a bitch.
    >>> Critical as hell of everyone, -->pitching little fits like a little
    >>> kid, breaking things and yelling and -->screaming. As if he should
    >>> be given some special accord.
    >>> -->
    >>> -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    >>> -->contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay
    >>> didn't pick any
    >>> -->of them
    >>> -->
    >>>
    >>> I don't know why the food network airs his program at all. He's a
    >>> nasty filthy
    >>> mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining
    >>> to have
    >>> one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates
    >>> them on the
    >>> line during service.

    >>
    >> He's not on the Food Network. This is a Fox show.....which explains a
    >> lot.
    >>
    >> He does have another show on BBC America - I forget the name but he is
    >> much calmer. He still calls people names but he is not nearly as bad
    >> as Hell's Kitchen.
    >>
    >> Tracy

    >
    >
    > You're thinking of Kitchen Nightmares, where he goes in and "fixes"
    > failing restaurants. From what I've seen those restaurants desperately
    > need "fixing". I wouldn't eat in them. Apparently no one else would,
    > either
    >
    > Once you get past the yelling and cussing, Chef Ramsay actually knows
    > what he's doing. He knows about food, he knows how to run a kitchen.
    > That would be why he has several successful restarauts around the world.
    >
    > Jill


    Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.

    Tracy


  8. #8
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    "Stu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > -->So he got booted. This time for good. I literally could have stood up
    > and
    > -->cheered. He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be
    > kicked
    > -->off the competition. As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head
    > chef, and
    > -->Robert isn't it."
    > -->
    > -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    > -->contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't
    > pick any
    > -->of them
    > -->
    > -->Jill
    >
    >
    > I don't know why the food network airs his program at all. He's a nasty
    > filthy
    > mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining to
    > have
    > one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates them on
    > the
    > line during service.



    Get your facts straight. The show isn't on the Food Network.

    Hell's Kitchen is a bit like Marine Corps Boot Camp. If you can't cut it
    you'll get your ass booted out In this case, to apply a more quaint
    phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". Very apt.
    Especially when competing for the position as head chef in a huge restaurant
    as the prize.

    Jill


  9. #9
    Ophelia Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    sf wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:31:45 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> I can't stand the show. I'd rather have my eyelids taped open and
    >> have to watch CSI Miami.

    >
    > I don't like that show, and I especially do not like Gordon Ramsey.


    Nor do I!



  10. #10
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On 2009-08-27, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    > Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    > not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.


    Even funnier, most of them go on to fail in spite of his efforts.

    http://gordonramsayskitchen.com/

    Gordon has even been sued by some of them, even funnier, as they were
    doomed in the first place. You can almost tell which ones will fail,
    their owners being beyond help, stupid beyond belief.

    nb



  11. #11
    Tracy Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    notbob wrote:
    > On 2009-08-27, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    >> Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    >> not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.

    >
    > Even funnier, most of them go on to fail in spite of his efforts.


    Usually because they ignore his advice and go back to "their" way of
    doing things.


    Tracy

  12. #12
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Aug 27, 1:31*pm, Chemo the Clown <an...@peak.org> wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 11:29*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Watched it Tuesday night. *Robert was back after having to back out last of
    > > last year's episode due to heart palptations. *He came back this year.. *And
    > > he has really been acting like a bitch. *Critical as hell of everyone,
    > > pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    > > screaming. *As if he should be given some special accord.

    >
    > > Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. *The guys on the
    > > Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. *He never did anything
    > > anyway." *Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone elsewas
    > > busy doing prep. *He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showed him
    > > kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. *Everyone else was working.
    > > Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.

    >
    > > This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    > > Kitchen three times. *Three times!" *Yeah? *So what? *You can'tkeep riding
    > > on the disability pass, dude.

    >
    > > So he got booted. *This time for good. *I literally could have stood up and
    > > cheered. *He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be kicked
    > > off the competition. *As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef, and
    > > Robert isn't it."

    >
    > > I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. *None of the
    > > contestants stand out. *The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick any
    > > of them

    >
    > > Jill

    >
    > I can't stand the show. I'd rather have my eyelids taped open and have
    > to watch CSI Miami.


    I agree. Hell's Kitchen is nothing more than a vehicle for Ramsay's
    massive narcissism. Most of those idiot "contestants" wouldn't even
    land a job as a busboy, much less a head chef of an upscale
    restaurant. I mean, last year they had a frigging buffet server!
    C'mon get real! But I realize that if they had competent chefs
    competing, then Ramsay wouldn't have any opportunity to stand there in
    the kitchen and scream obsenities at the top of his lungs when someone
    can't boil spaghetti or warm up a can of scallops to his exacting
    standards (snicker).....Yes they use tinned scallops, they ****ed up
    and showed it on the last season. Puh-leeze! Even TV Food Network
    (another snicker) could come up with better fare than this show.


  13. #13
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Aug 27, 3:09*pm, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > "Stu" <f...@foodforu.ca> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:29:41 -0400, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net>
    > > wrote:

    >
    > > -->So he got booted. *This time for good. *I literally could have stood up
    > > and
    > > -->cheered. *He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be
    > > kicked
    > > -->off the competition. *As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head
    > > chef, and
    > > -->Robert isn't it."
    > > -->
    > > -->I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. *None of the
    > > -->contestants stand out. *The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't
    > > pick any
    > > -->of them
    > > -->
    > > -->Jill

    >
    > > I don't know why the food network *airs his program at all. He's a nasty
    > > filthy
    > > mouthed ass who grates on your nerves. It would be more entertaining to
    > > have
    > > one of the contestants do him in with a boning knife as he berates themon
    > > the
    > > line during service.

    >
    > Get your facts straight. *The show isn't on the Food Network.
    >
    > Hell's Kitchen is a bit like Marine Corps Boot Camp. *If you can't cut it
    > you'll get your ass booted out *In this case, to apply a more quaint
    > phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". *Very apt.
    > Especially when competing for the position as head chef in a huge restaurant
    > as the prize.


    Yeah, and with boneheads like you rooting it on, it's no wonder this
    **** show is a hit program. You ****ing numbskull. LOL

  14. #14
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Aug 27, 3:37*pm, Tracy <karac...@bc.edu> wrote:
    > notbob wrote:
    > > On 2009-08-27, Tracy <karac...@bc.edu> wrote:

    >
    > >> Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    > >> Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    > >> not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.

    >
    > > Even funnier, most of them go on to fail in spite of his efforts.

    >
    > Usually because they ignore his advice and go back to "their" way of
    > doing things.


    Or, because they weren't qualified in the first place.

  15. #15
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Aug 27, 3:36*pm, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    > On 2009-08-27, Tracy <karac...@bc.edu> wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    > > Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    > > not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.

    >
    > Even funnier, most of them go on to fail in spite of his efforts.
    >
    > http://gordonramsayskitchen.com/
    >
    > Gordon has even been sued by some of them, even funnier, as they were
    > doomed in the first place. *You can almost tell which ones will fail,
    > their owners being beyond help, stupid beyond belief.


    I couldn't figure out why they had to have a program to "fix" those
    dumb restaurants, anyway. It was the same thing every time: fire the
    lazy staff with the ****ty attitudes, fire the manager with the ****ty
    attitude, stop serving ****ty food, and clean the ****ing place! Why
    did they need an "expert" to come in to figure that out for them?
    Dumb!

  16. #16
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:b7Clm.155212$[email protected]..
    > On 2009-08-27, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, that's it, Kitchen Nightmares. I find it kinda charming actually.
    >> Sometimes the owners are really stupid,which is what makes it funny and
    >> not the fact he calls them donkeys or whatever.

    >
    > Even funnier, most of them go on to fail in spite of his efforts.
    >
    > http://gordonramsayskitchen.com/
    >
    > Gordon has even been sued by some of them, even funnier, as they were
    > doomed in the first place. You can almost tell which ones will fail,
    > their owners being beyond help, stupid beyond belief.
    >
    > nb
    >
    >


    What I've seen of 'Kitchen Nightmares', they're mostly family run
    enterprises and ONE member of the family is running the place into the
    ground. *Never* do business with family.

    And the food... well, take a look at the walk-in fridges... the food has
    been sitting there for weeks. It's enough to make anyone sick. Some of
    these places, they're lucky they haven't killed someone (which Ramsay so
    rightly points out).

    I recall one where the seafood restaurant was right on a lake, I think it
    was in Michigan. They were buying frozen seafood from someplace else and he
    said "but you're sitting on a lake! Why don't you serve fresh trout?!" Buy
    from the local fishermen! How true. Buy local fish, support local farmers.
    I like that about him.

    Jill


  17. #17
    graham Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09


    "projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:08fe280a-45df-46ff-8316-11f3f75cf883@z31g2[email protected]..
    On Aug 27, 1:31 pm, Chemo the Clown <an...@peak.org> wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 11:29 am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Watched it Tuesday night. Robert was back after having to back out last
    > > of
    > > last year's episode due to heart palptations. He came back this year.
    > > And
    > > he has really been acting like a bitch. Critical as hell of everyone,
    > > pitching little fits like a little kid, breaking things and yelling and
    > > screaming. As if he should be given some special accord.

    >
    > > Then he had another heart issue and was gone for two days. The guys on
    > > the
    > > Blue team were going "Thank God Robert isn't here. He never did anything
    > > anyway." Just as they said that Robert came back while everyone else was
    > > busy doing prep. He put on his jacket, said hi, then the camera showed
    > > him
    > > kicking back eating a snack and drinking a cola. Everyone else was
    > > working.
    > > Came time to get on the line and he still wasn't doing a damn thing.

    >
    > > This time when he went up on the "block" he said "I've been in Hell's
    > > Kitchen three times. Three times!" Yeah? So what? You can't keep riding
    > > on the disability pass, dude.

    >
    > > So he got booted. This time for good. I literally could have stood up
    > > and
    > > cheered. He really started acting like an ass and he deserved to be
    > > kicked
    > > off the competition. As Chef Ramsay said, "I'm looking for a head chef,
    > > and
    > > Robert isn't it."

    >
    > > I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    > > contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick
    > > any
    > > of them

    >
    > > Jill

    >
    > I can't stand the show. I'd rather have my eyelids taped open and have
    > to watch CSI Miami.


    I agree. Hell's Kitchen is nothing more than a vehicle for Ramsay's
    massive narcissism.
    ---------------------------

    Bollocks! It's all show business!! Even you should realise that!



  18. #18
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:14:06 -0600, "graham" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I agree. Hell's Kitchen is nothing more than a vehicle for Ramsay's
    >massive narcissism.


    I don't look at it that way. I think he's a bully. Why anyone would
    volunteer to be humiliated on television with a goal of working for
    him is beyond me.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  19. #19
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    PVC wrote:

    > I agree. Hell's Kitchen is nothing more than a vehicle for Ramsay's
    > massive narcissism. Most of those idiot "contestants" wouldn't even land
    > a job as a busboy, much less a head chef of an upscale restaurant.


    The "head chef" thing is a myth. The winner of Hell's Kitchen goes on to a
    job as a senior sous-chef at the "prize" restaurant. But they still garner a
    nice chunk of change just for winning the competition.

    In a past discussion of Hell's Kitchen, someone referred the contestants as
    "kitchen rats," which seems a fairly good term to use: They don't really
    have any culinary expertise or great talent, but they've been working in
    kitchens so they aspire to chefdom. Ambition is all well and good, but
    there's really no valid way to leapfrog your way to the top in the world of
    professional cooking; if you don't pay your dues by working (usually for
    *years*) with prep cooking, line cooking, and recipe development, then you
    lack the knowledge to be an executive chef or head chef. It's no accident
    that so many great chefs started out as apprentices when they were
    teenagers.

    Bob


  20. #20
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Hell's Kitchen 08/25/09

    Jill wrote:

    > I haven't figured out who I'm routing for, if anyone. None of the
    > contestants stand out. The real surprise would be if Ramsay didn't pick
    > any of them


    I'm not *rooting* (not correct spelling) for any of the contestants, but I
    think Kevin is the frontrunner. I also think Tenille and Suzanne will remain
    in the game as long as possible because they are so irritating, and drama is
    what keeps the viewers watching week after week.

    Bob


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32