Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

  1. #1
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    Thanksgiving dinner was superb! A day late, but that was good because
    we got to eat with relations who we normally didn't get to eat with.
    My nephew didn't deep fry the turkey like I was afraid he would, but
    oven roasted it in some kind of oven proof bag, and it was excellent!
    Real cranberry relish/sauce, dressing, gravy, and 4 kinds of potatoes
    including sweet potatoes, my Magical Garlic Potatoes, and two other
    potato dished I didn't sample. A mixture of root veggies cooked in
    EVOO and butter, 4 different pies and a cheesecake for dessert!

    And it did NOT disappoint! YUM! I am so happy.

    John Kuthe...

  2. #2
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    On Nov 25, 9:12*pm, John Kuthe <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Thanksgiving dinner was superb! A day late, but that was good because
    > we got to eat with relations who we normally didn't get to eat with.
    > My nephew didn't deep fry the turkey like I was afraid he would, but
    > oven roasted it in some kind of oven proof bag, and it was excellent!
    > Real cranberry relish/sauce, dressing, gravy, and 4 kinds of potatoes
    > including sweet potatoes, my Magical Garlic Potatoes, and two other
    > potato dished I didn't sample. A mixture of root veggies cooked in
    > EVOO and butter, 4 different pies and a cheesecake for dessert!
    >
    > And it did NOT disappoint! YUM! I am so happy.


    My favorite part of turkeys is the wing tips. I wish that I could buy
    turkey,
    duck and chicken wing tips. I wonder what they do with all the
    chicken wing tips.
    With the popularity of the other two sections, you know that many
    millions of the
    tips are used for something other than being fried up--or baked on
    cookie sheets--by
    consumers. Same goes for the skins.
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    --Bryan

  3. #3
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    "John Kuthe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d2184931-b10e-4506-8836-572d058db5d7@n10g2000vbg.googl[email protected]..
    > Thanksgiving dinner was superb! A day late, but that was good because
    > we got to eat with relations who we normally didn't get to eat with.
    > My nephew didn't deep fry the turkey like I was afraid he would, but
    > oven roasted it in some kind of oven proof bag, and it was excellent!
    > Real cranberry relish/sauce, dressing, gravy, and 4 kinds of potatoes
    > including sweet potatoes, my Magical Garlic Potatoes, and two other
    > potato dished I didn't sample. A mixture of root veggies cooked in
    > EVOO and butter, 4 different pies and a cheesecake for dessert!
    >
    > And it did NOT disappoint! YUM! I am so happy.
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    I hate turkey cooked in those bags.

    Cheri



  4. #4
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    On Nov 26, 12:10*am, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    ....
    > I hate turkey cooked in those bags.
    >
    > Cheri


    It was vastly better than no turkey. And also a lot better than last
    year's deep fried (and way oversalted, as I was reminded). But the
    downside was no pan drippings and no mirapoix to make a deep rich and
    brown gravy from! And tghe turkey was certainly not dry.

    A good Thanksgiving dinner all ways around. And I just finished
    storing 3 small plastic containers full of left-over Magical Garlic
    Potatoes! Two in my freezer and one in the refrigerator which I'll use
    from!! :-)

    John Kuthe...

  5. #5
    Gary Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    John Kuthe wrote:
    >
    > On Nov 26, 12:10 am, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > ...
    > > I hate turkey cooked in those bags.
    > >
    > > Cheri

    >
    > It was vastly better than no turkey. And also a lot better than last
    > year's deep fried (and way oversalted, as I was reminded). But the
    > downside was no pan drippings


    I always cook in the Reynolds cooking bags. Keeps the turkey with stuffing
    very moist and it does brown at the end. i like them. One in the oven as I
    speak and will be ready in a couple of hours.

    Gary

  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 06:33:18 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > And I just finished
    > storing 3 small plastic containers full of left-over Magical Garlic
    > Potatoes! Two in my freezer and one in the refrigerator which I'll use
    > from!! :-)


    I ended up with a wonderful amount of leftover mashed potatoes that
    will last through the leftovers, but more importantly will be the base
    for potato bread (rolls).

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

  7. #7
    sf Guest

    Default Re: He didn't deep fry the turkey!!! :-) :-) :-)

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:21:29 -0500, Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

    > John Kuthe wrote:
    > >
    > > On Nov 26, 12:10 am, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > > ...
    > > > I hate turkey cooked in those bags.
    > > >
    > > > Cheri

    > >
    > > It was vastly better than no turkey. And also a lot better than last
    > > year's deep fried (and way oversalted, as I was reminded). But the
    > > downside was no pan drippings

    >
    > I always cook in the Reynolds cooking bags. Keeps the turkey with stuffing
    > very moist and it does brown at the end. i like them. One in the oven as I
    > speak and will be ready in a couple of hours.
    >

    I've never tried the bags and was thinking while I read the thread
    that if I tried it, I'd slit the bag at the end so it would brown. I
    do 12 lb turkeys... do you think they would behave the same way?


    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32