Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Happy Saturday

  1. #1
    Dimitri Guest

    Default Happy Saturday

    It is my sincere hope you enjoyed your Holiday company, and that they have
    recently departed your abode or will soon depart your abode. I know I
    really enjoyed having one houseful after another.

    Last evening the final 2 left for their drive home.

    (Thanks the lord)

    I/we now have some time to ourselves. Whew....

    There is a half a small smoked turkey with to make some sandwiches, lots and
    lots of cheeses, I even managed to put away a few "Chocolate Crackle
    Cookies" (Oh My) .

    I think at this point I an done with company for a while.

    I'm going to take down the lights, make a sandwich, grab a "double barrel
    ale" stick my feet onto the coffee table and watch the remaining episodes of
    the Victory At Sea DVD set I rented from the library.

    How about you - are you ready to kick back?

    Dimitri


  2. #2
    Becca Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Dimitri wrote:

    > How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >
    > Dimitri


    It was nice seeing family, friends and neighbors, and I would not have
    it any other way, but you are right; it is nice to relax and enjoy the
    peace and quiet.

    For one thing, I consumed way too many calories, washed too many pots
    and pans and I had to make sure the bathrooms were kept clean. I enjoyed
    the festivities, and it was fun doing the Stanky Leg, but now I can
    relax. My husband just said that he feels restless, he wants to go
    somewhere or do something. I just want to sit and relax.

    Enjoy the Victory At Sea.

    Becca

  3. #3
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    On Sat 03 Jan 2009 10:46:22a, Becca told us...

    > Dimitri wrote:
    >
    >> How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >>
    >> Dimitri

    >
    > It was nice seeing family, friends and neighbors, and I would not have
    > it any other way, but you are right; it is nice to relax and enjoy the
    > peace and quiet.
    >
    > For one thing, I consumed way too many calories, washed too many pots
    > and pans and I had to make sure the bathrooms were kept clean. I enjoyed
    > the festivities, and it was fun doing the Stanky Leg, but now I can
    > relax. My husband just said that he feels restless, he wants to go
    > somewhere or do something. I just want to sit and relax.
    >
    > Enjoy the Victory At Sea.
    >
    > Becca
    >


    I'm doing the absolute minimum today and tomorrow. There are leftovers of
    lasagne bolognese with extra sauce, pork and sauerkraut and mashed
    potatoes, and chili. There is plenty of a variety of cheese and crackers.
    I did bake another gingerbread yesterday, and there are still cookies.
    Everyone is one their own, and he most I'll be doing is reheating things.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright
    (correct the spelling of "geemail" to reply)
    ************************************************** **********************
    Date: Saturday, 01(I)/03(III)/09(MMIX)
    ************************************************** **********************
    Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
    2wks 1dys 13hrs 4mins
    ************************************************** **********************
    Vuja De - The Feeling You've Never Been Here
    ************************************************** **********************


  4. #4
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:12:05 -0800, "Dimitri" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I think at this point I an done with company for a while.


    Now you can rest up for spring vacation and best of all.... SUMMER!
    Yay.


    --
    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
    interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

    Mae West

  5. #5
    Gloria P Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Dimitri wrote:
    > It is my sincere hope you enjoyed your Holiday company, and that they
    > have recently departed your abode or will soon depart your abode. I
    > know I really enjoyed having one houseful after another.
    >
    > Last evening the final 2 left for their drive home.
    >
    > (Thanks the lord)
    >
    > I/we now have some time to ourselves. Whew....
    >



    Hah! You know you would have been sad without the daughters and
    grandkids around for Christmas. And they'll keep coming as long
    as you keep cooking those fabulous meals. If you really didn't
    want them you'd cook liver or entrails every meal till they left.

    gloria p

  6. #6
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Dimitri wrote:
    > It is my sincere hope you enjoyed your Holiday company, and that they
    > have recently departed your abode or will soon depart your abode. I
    > know I really enjoyed having one houseful after another.
    >
    > Last evening the final 2 left for their drive home.
    >
    > (Thanks the lord)
    >
    > I/we now have some time to ourselves. Whew....
    >
    > There is a half a small smoked turkey with to make some sandwiches, lots
    > and lots of cheeses, I even managed to put away a few "Chocolate Crackle
    > Cookies" (Oh My) .
    >
    > I think at this point I an done with company for a while.
    >
    > I'm going to take down the lights, make a sandwich, grab a "double
    > barrel ale" stick my feet onto the coffee table and watch the remaining
    > episodes of the Victory At Sea DVD set I rented from the library.
    >
    > How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >


    I am always ready to kick back and relax. :-) It is one of the
    advantages of being retired, but over the holidays there is a lot of
    pressure to entertained and to be entertained. Now we are just sitting
    around eating leftovers. I still have at least two down mince meat
    tarts, a few dozen shortbread cookies and a half dozen fruit cakes. We
    have about 2 lb of leftover roast beef from New Years. Last night we had
    leftover chicken paprikash (better leftover than fresh) with leftover
    Spaetzle. I figure that maybe by Monday or Tuesday I will have to
    actually cook a meal instead of just reheating something.

  7. #7
    Melba's Jammin' Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    In article <mhL7l.16688$[email protected]>,
    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >
    > Dimitri


    I just spent about $70 on "make work". A gold-plated ham (that'll be a
    story for my website, I think), weenies, bacon, summer sausage, herring,
    cream herring, bean sprouts, pea pods, pea tips, fresh 'won ton' noodles
    (that what the package says), mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster
    sauce, mushrooms, chicken feet. I've repackaged the feeties and just
    stuck them into the freezer, have trimmed the pea tips (awaiting
    suggestions from somebody here).

    The rule on Humboldt is that you have to have your wreath down by Ash
    Wednesday. '-) I've got time.

    Happy Tenth Day of Christmas! Piker!!
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    <http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
    December 27, 2008, 7:30 a.m.: "I have fixed my roof,
    I have mended my fences; now let the winter winds blow."

  8. #8
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    On Sat 03 Jan 2009 03:36:29p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

    > In article <mhL7l.16688$[email protected]>,
    > "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >>
    >> Dimitri

    >
    > I just spent about $70 on "make work". A gold-plated ham (that'll be a
    > story for my website, I think), weenies, bacon, summer sausage, herring,
    > cream herring, bean sprouts, pea pods, pea tips, fresh 'won ton' noodles
    > (that what the package says), mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster
    > sauce, mushrooms, chicken feet. I've repackaged the feeties and just
    > stuck them into the freezer, have trimmed the pea tips (awaiting
    > suggestions from somebody here).
    >
    > The rule on Humboldt is that you have to have your wreath down by Ash
    > Wednesday. '-) I've got time.


    There's a rule? Geez!

    > Happy Tenth Day of Christmas! Piker!!




    --
    Wayne Boatwright
    (correct the spelling of "geemail" to reply)
    ************************************************** **********************
    Date: Saturday, 01(I)/03(III)/09(MMIX)
    ************************************************** **********************
    Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
    2wks 1dys 8hrs 9mins
    ************************************************** **********************
    'Lord save me from your followers.'
    ************************************************** **********************


  9. #9
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday



    Dimitri wrote:
    >
    > It is my sincere hope you enjoyed your Holiday company, and that they have
    > recently departed your abode or will soon depart your abode. I know I
    > really enjoyed having one houseful after another.
    >
    > Last evening the final 2 left for their drive home.
    >
    > (Thanks the lord)
    >
    > I/we now have some time to ourselves. Whew....
    >
    > There is a half a small smoked turkey with to make some sandwiches, lots and
    > lots of cheeses, I even managed to put away a few "Chocolate Crackle
    > Cookies" (Oh My) .
    >
    > I think at this point I an done with company for a while.
    >
    > I'm going to take down the lights, make a sandwich, grab a "double barrel
    > ale" stick my feet onto the coffee table and watch the remaining episodes of
    > the Victory At Sea DVD set I rented from the library.
    >
    > How about you - are you ready to kick back?
    >
    > Dimitri


    Always ready to kick back. We didn't have any company; just wasn't in
    the mood but meeting up with some people in the next couple of weeks.

    Lunch was chicken soup with dumplings; perfect comfort food. Dinner will
    be bratwurst with leftover green bean casserole (which does *not*
    contain either cream of mushroom soup or tinned green beans) and mashed
    potates.

  10. #10
    Michael \Dog3\ Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    "Dimitri" <[email protected]>
    news:mhL7l.16688$[email protected]: in rec.food.cooking

    > It is my sincere hope you enjoyed your Holiday company, and that they
    > have recently departed your abode or will soon depart your abode. I
    > know I really enjoyed having one houseful after another.
    >
    > Last evening the final 2 left for their drive home.
    >
    > (Thanks the lord)


    All we had hanging out here this year is one child. He's a joy but he's
    heading back to my brother's tomorrow. From there they'll all be going to
    Denver to do some skiing.

    >
    > I think at this point I an done with company for a while.


    It gets that way doesn't it? Happy to have them visit and can't wait until
    they leave ;-)


    >
    > I'm going to take down the lights, make a sandwich, grab a "double
    > barrel ale" stick my feet onto the coffee table and watch the
    > remaining episodes of the Victory At Sea DVD set I rented from the
    > library.
    >
    > How about you - are you ready to kick back?


    We're digging out from the stomach flu. Had it since yesterday. It's been
    broth for us since noon yesterday. Even that wouldn't stay down. Tonight
    we're going to be brave and try to keep down Marie Callendar's chicken pot
    pies. I think we'll be okay on the pot pies. We managed to keep down a
    poached egg this morning.

    Michael

    --
    Christy's Caringbridge Site:

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

    Find me at: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  11. #11
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <don'[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > We're digging out from the stomach flu. Had it since yesterday. It's been
    > broth for us since noon yesterday. Even that wouldn't stay down. Tonight
    > we're going to be brave and try to keep down Marie Callendar's chicken pot
    > pies. I think we'll be okay on the pot pies. We managed to keep down a
    > poached egg this morning.
    >
    > Michael


    That always sux...

    Hope y'all are feeling better soon.
    You know better than to push too much too soon!

    I remember that time you decided steak would be a good thing when you
    were feeling better and everyone warned you you'd regret it...

    and you did. <g>

    Hugs!
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  12. #12
    ravenlynne Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Dave Smith wrote:
    >
    > I am always ready to kick back and relax. :-) It is one of the
    > advantages of being retired, but over the holidays there is a lot of
    > pressure to entertained and to be entertained. Now we are just sitting
    > around eating leftovers. I still have at least two down mince meat
    > tarts, a few dozen shortbread cookies and a half dozen fruit cakes. We
    > have about 2 lb of leftover roast beef from New Years. Last night we had
    > leftover chicken paprikash (better leftover than fresh) with leftover
    > Spaetzle. I figure that maybe by Monday or Tuesday I will have to
    > actually cook a meal instead of just reheating something.


    We had guests on friday to play dungeons and dragons (yes we are huge
    geeks) and gave them turkey salad and ham salad..we have no
    leftovers..lol. It's nice to be done with holiday eating..I'm ready for
    some healthier fare. I feel like a need to detox.

  13. #13
    ravenlynne Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > The rule on Humboldt is that you have to have your wreath down by Ash
    > Wednesday. '-) I've got time.
    >
    > Happy Tenth Day of Christmas! Piker!!


    We're de-christmasing later today. Today is Scott's last day of leave,
    so he'll do it.

  14. #14
    ravenlynne Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Arri London wrote:
    > Lunch was chicken soup with dumplings; perfect comfort food. Dinner will
    > be bratwurst with leftover green bean casserole (which does *not*
    > contain either cream of mushroom soup or tinned green beans) and mashed
    > potates.


    Sounds good. Brats and potatoes..my grandmother used to simmer them
    with saurkraut and served over mashed taters. I may have to make that
    for my lunch one day, my husband won't touch saurkraut or mashed potatoes.

  15. #15
    Becca Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Michael "Dog3" wrote:

    > We're digging out from the stomach flu. Had it since yesterday. It's been
    > broth for us since noon yesterday. Even that wouldn't stay down. Tonight
    > we're going to be brave and try to keep down Marie Callendar's chicken pot
    > pies. I think we'll be okay on the pot pies. We managed to keep down a
    > poached egg this morning.
    >
    > Michael


    Sorry to hear you were both sick at the same time. Didn't he know it
    was your turn? Some people! ;-)

    During the holidays we see friends and family, and there is plenty of
    huggin' and kissin' going on. Where I live, it was 82 yesterday, and
    two weeks ago, we had a low of 22. No wonder people are sick.

    Becca


  16. #16
    Michael \Dog3\ Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    Becca <[email protected]> news:[email protected]:
    in rec.food.cooking

    > Sorry to hear you were both sick at the same time. Didn't he know it
    > was your turn? Some people! ;-)
    >
    > During the holidays we see friends and family, and there is plenty of
    > huggin' and kissin' going on. Where I live, it was 82 yesterday, and
    > two weeks ago, we had a low of 22. No wonder people are sick.


    Seems like Steven hauls something home about once a year. I'm used to it.
    As OM said though it's best not to force it, food-wise. The pot pies
    stayed down so I think we're on the mend.

    The weather here is crazy too. It as almost 60 yesterday but rainy and
    gloomy. I don't even look at the forecast anymore. Who knows what the
    weather will be like today. This time of years it's usually in the 30s.

    Michael


    --
    Christy's page at the caringbridge site:

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

    Find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  17. #17
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    In article <[email protected]>,
    ravenlynne <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dave Smith wrote:
    > >
    > > I am always ready to kick back and relax. :-) It is one of the
    > > advantages of being retired, but over the holidays there is a lot of
    > > pressure to entertained and to be entertained. Now we are just sitting
    > > around eating leftovers. I still have at least two down mince meat
    > > tarts, a few dozen shortbread cookies and a half dozen fruit cakes. We
    > > have about 2 lb of leftover roast beef from New Years. Last night we had
    > > leftover chicken paprikash (better leftover than fresh) with leftover
    > > Spaetzle. I figure that maybe by Monday or Tuesday I will have to
    > > actually cook a meal instead of just reheating something.

    >
    > We had guests on friday to play dungeons and dragons (yes we are huge
    > geeks) and gave them turkey salad and ham salad..we have no
    > leftovers..lol. It's nice to be done with holiday eating..I'm ready for
    > some healthier fare. I feel like a need to detox.


    I know what you mean! I'm considering a 3 day fast. ;-)
    As for D&D, I've not played that since I was in college! I still have
    my books and some minis somewhere around here... I used to really love
    that game.

    I used to spend hours painting lead minis. Mom gave me a magnifying
    lamp. Some of my paintbrushes had one hair for detailing.
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  18. #18
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    In article <[email protected]>,
    ravenlynne <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Arri London wrote:
    > > Lunch was chicken soup with dumplings; perfect comfort food. Dinner will
    > > be bratwurst with leftover green bean casserole (which does *not*
    > > contain either cream of mushroom soup or tinned green beans) and mashed
    > > potates.

    >
    > Sounds good. Brats and potatoes..my grandmother used to simmer them
    > with saurkraut and served over mashed taters. I may have to make that
    > for my lunch one day, my husband won't touch saurkraut or mashed potatoes.


    Oh hush. I may have to send dad out for spuds...
    I have snausages in the 'frige!
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  19. #19
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <don'[email protected]> wrote:

    > Becca <[email protected]> news:[email protected]:
    > in rec.food.cooking
    >
    > > Sorry to hear you were both sick at the same time. Didn't he know it
    > > was your turn? Some people! ;-)
    > >
    > > During the holidays we see friends and family, and there is plenty of
    > > huggin' and kissin' going on. Where I live, it was 82 yesterday, and
    > > two weeks ago, we had a low of 22. No wonder people are sick.

    >
    > Seems like Steven hauls something home about once a year. I'm used to it.
    > As OM said though it's best not to force it, food-wise. The pot pies
    > stayed down so I think we're on the mend.


    What does Steven do for a living?
    I'm just glad y'all are feeling better.

    >
    > The weather here is crazy too. It as almost 60 yesterday but rainy and
    > gloomy. I don't even look at the forecast anymore. Who knows what the
    > weather will be like today. This time of years it's usually in the 30s.
    >
    > Michael


    Heh. It's been in the 30's here lately, and the 80's. Typical weird
    winter weather...
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

  20. #20
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: Happy Saturday



    Omelet wrote:
    >
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > ravenlynne <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Arri London wrote:
    > > > Lunch was chicken soup with dumplings; perfect comfort food. Dinner will
    > > > be bratwurst with leftover green bean casserole (which does *not*
    > > > contain either cream of mushroom soup or tinned green beans) and mashed
    > > > potates.

    > >
    > > Sounds good. Brats and potatoes..my grandmother used to simmer them
    > > with saurkraut and served over mashed taters. I may have to make that
    > > for my lunch one day, my husband won't touch saurkraut or mashed potatoes.

    >
    > Oh hush. I may have to send dad out for spuds...
    > I have snausages in the 'frige!
    > --
    > Peace! Om


    LOL must confess, we didn't get around to the bratwurst. Still felt
    under the weather, so just plopped cheese on top of the mash and shoved
    the whole thing (mash and green beans) in the toaster oven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32