Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

  1. #1
    packratatlarge Guest

    Default Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    Today I feel sluggish.

  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 16, 5:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:
    > Today I feel sluggish.


    You'll come out of your shell sooner or later.

  3. #3
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 05:58:17 -0800 (PST), packratatlarge
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Today I feel sluggish.


    Good one.
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  4. #4
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:02:33 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
    <bh[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jan 16, 5:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:
    > > Today I feel sluggish.

    >
    > You'll come out of your shell sooner or later.


    <snort>
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  5. #5
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 16, 7:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    > Today I feel sluggish.
    >
    >

    Snails are notorious drunkards. Show up in my yard and I'll bury an
    empty tuna can to where it's just level in the dirt and fill it with
    beer. You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.


  6. #6
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On 2012-01-16, ItsJoanNotJoann <[email protected]> wrote:

    > beer. You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.


    A fitting end I've oft dreamed of for myself! 8P

    nb

    --
    vi --the root of evil

  7. #7
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 16, 5:45*pm, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    >
    > On 2012-01-16, ItsJoanNotJoann <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    >
    > > beer. *You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.

    >
    > A fitting end I've oft dreamed of for myself! *8P
    >
    > nb
    >
    >


    Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa, squirrel!

  8. #8
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 16, 8:18*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:39:35 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 16, 7:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> Today I feel sluggish.

    >
    > > Snails are notorious drunkards. *Show up in my yard and I'll bury an
    > > empty tuna can to where it's just level in the dirt and fill it with
    > > beer. *You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.

    >
    > I couldn't drowned in a tuna can full of beer. *But I'll try it with a
    > swimming pool.
    >
    >

    If you are the size of a slug you could drown in a tuna can of beer.

    Ever stepped on one of those slimey things while barefoot? It takes
    Comet cleanser and one of those thin green scrubbing pads to get that
    stuff off your foot. Scientists really should be looking at those
    sticky slime producers as a possible source of cheap glue.


  9. #9
    merryb Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 16, 8:33*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > On Jan 16, 8:18*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:39:35 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

    >
    > > > On Jan 16, 7:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:

    >
    > > >> Today I feel sluggish.

    >
    > > > Snails are notorious drunkards. *Show up in my yard and I'll bury an
    > > > empty tuna can to where it's just level in the dirt and fill it with
    > > > beer. *You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.

    >
    > > I couldn't drowned in a tuna can full of beer. *But I'll try it with a
    > > swimming pool.

    >
    > If you are the size of a slug you could drown in a tuna can of beer.
    >
    > Ever stepped on one of those slimey things while barefoot? *It takes
    > Comet cleanser and one of those thin green scrubbing pads to get that
    > stuff off your foot. *Scientists really should be looking at those
    > sticky slime producers as a possible source of cheap glue. *


    Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    seen a Pacific NW slug?

  10. #10
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:38:13 -0800 (PST), merryb <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    > seen a Pacific NW slug?


    Have you ever seen a banana slug?
    http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/200...ver/aceb7f.jpg
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  11. #11
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 17, 12:38*pm, merryb <msg...@juno.com> wrote:
    >
    > On Jan 16, 8:33*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 16, 8:18*pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:39:35 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

    >
    > > > > On Jan 16, 7:58*am, packratatlarge <weheardthen...@aol.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > >> Today I feel sluggish.

    >
    > > > > Snails are notorious drunkards. *Show up in my yard and I'll buryan
    > > > > empty tuna can to where it's just level in the dirt and fill it with
    > > > > beer. *You'll not be able to resist and crawl in and drown.

    >
    > > > I couldn't drowned in a tuna can full of beer. *But I'll try it with a
    > > > swimming pool.

    >
    > > If you are the size of a slug you could drown in a tuna can of beer.

    >
    > > Ever stepped on one of those slimey things while barefoot? *It takes
    > > Comet cleanser and one of those thin green scrubbing pads to get that
    > > stuff off your foot. *Scientists really should be looking at those
    > > sticky slime producers as a possible source of cheap glue. *

    >
    > Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    > seen a Pacific NW slug?
    >
    >


    Yuck no, what do they look like?

  12. #12
    ItsJoanNotJoann Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 17, 8:57*pm, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    >
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:38:13 -0800 (PST), merryb <msg...@juno.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    > > seen a Pacific NW slug?

    >
    > Have you ever seen a banana slug?http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/200...ver/aceb7f.jpg
    >
    >

    I think I could have gone the rest of my life and not have seen that
    picture.

  13. #13
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:04:11 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jan 17, 8:57*pm, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:38:13 -0800 (PST), merryb <msg...@juno.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    > > > seen a Pacific NW slug?

    > >
    > > Have you ever seen a banana slug?
    > > http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/200...ver/aceb7f.jpg
    > >

    > I think I could have gone the rest of my life and not have seen that
    > picture.


    <laughing> They're the team mascot at UC Santa Cruz
    http://harrumpher.com/wordpress/wp-c...07/08/ussc.jpg
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  14. #14
    merryb Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Jan 18, 11:40*am, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:04:11 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
    >
    > <itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote:
    > > On Jan 17, 8:57*pm, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:38:13 -0800 (PST), merryb <msg...@juno.com>
    > > > wrote:

    >
    > > > > Ick- I have, and it's one of the grossest feelings ever. Have you ever
    > > > > seen a Pacific NW slug?

    >
    > > > Have you ever seen a banana slug?
    > > >http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/200...ver/aceb7f.jpg

    >
    > > I think I could have gone the rest of my life and not have seen that
    > > picture.

    >
    > <laughing> *They're the team mascot at UC Santa Cruz
    > *http://harrumpher.com/wordpress/wp-c...07/08/ussc.jpg
    > --
    >
    > Ham and eggs.
    > A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.


    I have that sweatshirt- had to have it after seeing Pulp Fiction! We
    have banana slugs in the woods here, but the run of the mill ones are
    almost as bad. When I first moved here from N CA, we made the mistake
    of salting one- what a disgusting mess (( When I see one now, I
    toss it over for the chickens!

  15. #15
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:16:54 -0800 (PST), merryb <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Jan 18, 11:40*am, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Ham and eggs.
    >> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

    >
    >I have that sweatshirt- had to have it after seeing Pulp Fiction!


    Stolen from Dick Gregory, ca. 1960, album "In Living Black and White,"
    essentially:

    On the difference between being involved and being committed: the chicken who
    laid the eggs was involved, but the pig who provided the bacon was committed.

    -- Larry

  16. #16
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: Had Snails For Dinner Last Night.

    Also from Greg:

    In the US, we have ham-and-eggeries that are fronts for bookie joints. In
    Israel, they have bookie joints that are fronts for ham-and-eggeries.

    -- Larry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32