Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Guide To Healing Foods

  1. #1
    Richard Corriga Guest

    Default Guide To Healing Foods


    Why healthier diet:

    Healthier You :-)

    Been a very successful chef for over 20 years I have put togeather
    a new website "Guide To Healing Foods"

    For the future of our children, it is time to properly educate them
    about food and give "purpose" to living via food. I have included
    sample post of the things I will be discussing every other day. My site
    will give vital information to foods that can prevent disease. Any
    information you can share within my blog I will grateful.

    Studies compared the healthier diet of Paleolithic man to those of
    modern man, second part of the Stone Age beginning about 750,00 to
    500,000 years BC and lasting until the end of the last ice age about
    8,500 years BC, found an interesting difference. The biggest factor
    that has turned out bodies into acidic state, is eating too many grains
    and fattening nutrient-poor foods (like sugar and processed oils)
    instead of the wild game and enriched vegetable foods of our ancestors.

    The concllusion, we could get back to a healthier position, Alkaline
    Diet Creates Better. Everyone is talking about how to eat a more
    Alkaline diet for good health and energy. Does it work? by replacing
    grains and foods high in sugar, with nutrient-dense vegetables like
    various leafy greens. Amazingly, this simple dietary change can help
    “prevent a number of serious health conditions” like painful kidney
    stones, weak bones, and cardiovascular diseases from calcium plaque in
    the arteries.
    Healthy Greens

    While healthy greens may be the goal, starchy vegetables like potatoes
    don’t count. In recent surveys, it was found that consuming French
    fries, ketchup, and iceberg lettuce was the only reason many Americans
    made it to almost five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. If
    these foods are taken out, we fall far short of the mark, especially in
    the category of dark green and orange vegetables, the ones with the most
    health benefits.

    Besides eating leafy green salads daily, you should try to eat
    nutrient-dense alkalizing greens like kale, mustard greens, and collard
    greens at least once or twice a week. Not only are they great sources of
    vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C, they are good sources of the
    alkalizing minerals calcium, potassium, and magnesium.

    Foods like collard and turnip greens, most of us still haven’t learned
    how to prepare and eat them.

    I know I was surprised at how tasty some of these recipes really are,
    well been a chef all my life I should know.

    You would think this alright, but have to say, just because I’m a chef
    does not mean I know everythinbg about food.

    However, I really love food so much, when I got hungry before I used to
    get so narky, my wife always knew when I was hungry.

    If you have never prepared some recipe greens for healthy eating, there
    is no time like the present!

    “Encyclopedia of Healing Foods” Every House Needs one..

    Your Plate Your Fate




    --
    Richard Corriga

  2. #2
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    Richard Corriga wrote:
    >
    > The concllusion, we could get back to a healthier position, Alkaline
    > Diet Creates Better. Everyone is talking about how to eat a more
    > Alkaline diet for good health and energy. Does it work? by replacing


    You are an idiot spouting quack medical theories
    disproven decades ago. You have no knowledge
    of the subject for which you claim to be an authority.

    http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...SH/coral2.html

  3. #3
    Richard Corriga Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods


    Mark Thorson;1425560 Wrote:
    > Richard Corriga wrote:-
    >
    > The concllusion, we could get back to a healthier position, Alkaline
    > Diet Creates Better. Everyone is talking about how to eat a more
    > Alkaline diet for good health and energy. Does it work? by replacing-
    >
    > You are an idiot spouting quack medical theories
    > disproven decades ago. You have no knowledge
    > of the subject for which you claim to be an authority.
    >
    > 'Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense'
    > (http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...SH/coral2.html)


    Ehh Mark, thanks for your post, note your comments and it is great to
    see so many different opinions from so many different "authorities" your
    obviously someone who values "ONE" opinion and is able to generalize all
    based on “ONE” great wisdom you have. There is much “ignorance” in the
    world with people and you never have to go far to see it. Have a rich
    day!




    --
    Richard Corriga

  4. #4
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:21:19 -0500, Richard Corriga wrote:

    > Mark Thorson;1425560 Wrote:
    >> Richard Corriga wrote:-
    >>
    >> The concllusion, we could get back to a healthier position, Alkaline
    >> Diet Creates Better. Everyone is talking about how to eat a more
    >> Alkaline diet for good health and energy. Does it work? by replacing-
    >>
    >> You are an idiot spouting quack medical theories
    >> disproven decades ago. You have no knowledge
    >> of the subject for which you claim to be an authority.
    >>
    >> 'Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense'
    >> (http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...SH/coral2.html)

    >
    > Ehh Mark, thanks for your post, note your comments and it is great to
    > see so many different opinions from so many different "authorities" your
    > obviously someone who values "ONE" opinion and is able to generalize all
    > based on “ONE” great wisdom you have. There is much “ignorance” in the
    > world with people and you never have to go far to see it. Have a rich
    > day!


    well, how many fruitcakes subscribe to the 'alkaline diet' theory?

    blake

  5. #5
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    Richard Corriga wrote:
    >
    > Mark Thorson;1425560 Wrote:
    > > Richard Corriga wrote:-
    > >
    > > The concllusion, we could get back to a healthier position, Alkaline
    > > Diet Creates Better. Everyone is talking about how to eat a more
    > > Alkaline diet for good health and energy. Does it work? by replacing-
    > >
    > > You are an idiot spouting quack medical theories
    > > disproven decades ago. You have no knowledge
    > > of the subject for which you claim to be an authority.
    > >
    > > 'Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense'
    > > (http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...SH/coral2.html)

    >
    > Ehh Mark, thanks for your post, note your comments and it is great to
    > see so many different opinions from so many different "authorities" your
    > obviously someone who values "ONE" opinion and is able to generalize all
    > based on “ONE” great wisdom you have. There is much “ignorance” in the
    > world with people and you never have to go far to see it. Have a rich
    > day!


    It isn't just ONE opinion. It is established science.
    No reputable dieticians or nutritionists subscribe to
    the alkaline diet theory, because it is based on
    assumptions that are provably false. It's central
    thesis is that you can modify the pH of your bodily
    fluids through diet, and that is untrue.

    http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH...ntent&c=465747

    You probably don't have enough understanding of
    human physiology to know why this ridiculous diet
    theory can't be true. You've been hoodwinked by
    nutritional charlatans, and now you're trying to
    propagate their myths. You are a fool.

  6. #6
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    Mark Thorson wrote:
    >
    > assumptions that are provably false. It's central
    > thesis is that you can modify the pH of your bodily
    > fluids through diet, and that is untrue.


    Make that internal fluids, i.e. blood and lymph.
    Urinary pH can be affected, of course, because
    that's where the body dumps anything it needs
    to get rid of to keep the blood pH under tight
    regulation.

  7. #7
    Michael Kuettner Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods


    "Mark Thorson" schrieb :
    > Mark Thorson wrote:
    >>
    >> assumptions that are provably false. It's central
    >> thesis is that you can modify the pH of your bodily
    >> fluids through diet, and that is untrue.

    >
    > Make that internal fluids, i.e. blood and lymph.
    > Urinary pH can be affected, of course, because
    > that's where the body dumps anything it needs
    > to get rid of to keep the blood pH under tight
    > regulation.


    Of course the internal fluids can be affected, too.
    Drink a liter of HCl or H2SO4.
    But :
    (a) it isn't healthy or healing
    (b) the internal fluids won't stay internal for long, although
    their pH is affected. ;-)

    Cheers,

    Michael Kuettner


  8. #8
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    In article <hidced$gpq$[email protected]>,
    "Michael Kuettner" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Drink a liter of HCl or H2SO4.


    Only if you want to commit suicide in a very horrible way...
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  9. #9
    --Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    On Jan 10, 12:44*pm, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net> wrote:
    > Mark Thorson wrote:
    >
    > > assumptions that are provably false. *It's central
    > > thesis is that you can modify the pH of your bodily
    > > fluids through diet, and that is untrue.

    >
    > Make that internal fluids, i.e. blood and lymph.
    > Urinary pH can be affected, of course, because
    > that's where the body dumps anything it needs
    > to get rid of to keep the blood pH under tight
    > regulation.


    There and out the lungs. Carbon Dioxide is an acid.

    --Bryan

  10. #10
    Dan Abel Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Omelet <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <hidced$gpq$[email protected]>,
    > "Michael Kuettner" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Drink a liter of HCl or H2SO4.

    >
    > Only if you want to commit suicide in a very horrible way...


    Actually, the acid already in your stomach is HCl:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_acid

    Obviously, it depends how dilute the acid is.

    --
    Dan Abel
    Petaluma, California USA
    [email protected]

  11. #11
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    --Bryan wrote:
    >
    > On Jan 10, 12:44 pm, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net> wrote:
    > > Mark Thorson wrote:
    > >
    > > > assumptions that are provably false. It's central
    > > > thesis is that you can modify the pH of your bodily
    > > > fluids through diet, and that is untrue.

    > >
    > > Make that internal fluids, i.e. blood and lymph.
    > > Urinary pH can be affected, of course, because
    > > that's where the body dumps anything it needs
    > > to get rid of to keep the blood pH under tight
    > > regulation.

    >
    > There and out the lungs. Carbon Dioxide is an acid.


    Good point. That hadn't occurred to me. The weird
    effect of hyperventilation are caused by the raising
    of blood pH (more alkaline) because the carbon dioxide
    is being depleted below its normal level. That'll give
    you an example of what life would be like if you really
    could alkalize your blood through diet. Dizzy, numb,
    and if it continues too long, dead. Fortunately, that
    can't happen through diet.

  12. #12
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Guide To Healing Foods

    In article
    <dabel-89B138.170645[email protected]>,
    Dan Abel <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Omelet <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <hidced$gpq$[email protected]>,
    > > "Michael Kuettner" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Drink a liter of HCl or H2SO4.

    > >
    > > Only if you want to commit suicide in a very horrible way...

    >
    > Actually, the acid already in your stomach is HCl:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_acid
    >
    > Obviously, it depends how dilute the acid is.


    Duh...
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32