Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Girl Scouts get my last dime

  1. #1
    notbob Guest

    Default Girl Scouts get my last dime

    Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    my price point.

    nb --enjoying last Trefoils and HOT coffee

  2. #2
    JeanineAlyse Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    On Mar 1, 8:23*am, notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:
    > Well, dang! *Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    > donations, anymore. *At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    > my price point.

    Just $3.50 where you are? I have GS nextdoor from which I've
    purchased seven boxes so far, but at $4.00 each.
    ....Picky

  3. #3
    Dora Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    JeanineAlyse wrote:
    > On Mar 1, 8:23 am, notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:
    >> Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    >> donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    >> my price point.

    > Just $3.50 where you are? I have GS nextdoor from which I've
    > purchased seven boxes so far, but at $4.00 each.
    > ...Picky


    My problem is that I can't resist those pleading little girl eyes,
    even though that's probably part of the GSA psychology. Those girls
    work hard and do their best for the Scouts.


  4. #4
    Nad R Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    "Dora" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > JeanineAlyse wrote:
    >> On Mar 1, 8:23 am, notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:
    >>> Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    >>> donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    >>> my price point.

    >> Just $3.50 where you are? I have GS nextdoor from which I've
    >> purchased seven boxes so far, but at $4.00 each.
    >> ...Picky

    >
    > My problem is that I can't resist those pleading little girl eyes, even
    > though that's probably part of the GSA psychology. Those girls work hard
    > and do their best for the Scouts.


    I remember a while back when I lived in the city. Two kids selling candy, a
    boy on one side and a girl on the other side of the street. The boy was
    depressed and ask why he looked sad. He said he hasn't sold a fourth what
    the little girl sold. I asked him why do think she is outselling you? The
    boy responded " Because she's Pretty". I smiled and said "your learning"
    and I did not buy any candy from him

    --
    Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

  5. #5
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    Re: [email protected]

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    > donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    > my price point.
    >
    > nb --enjoying last Trefoils and HOT coffee


    20 bucks a box here, and one GS comes to the door with cookies and gestures
    towards another one kneeling by the tires of my car with a big knife.

    ;-)

    MartyB



  6. #6
    Ranée at Arabian Knits Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    In article <[email protected]>,
    notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    > donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    > my price point.


    And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box.

    Regards,
    Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    Ranée at Arabian Knits <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    >> donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    >> my price point.

    >
    > And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee @ Arabian Knits
    >
    > "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13
    >
    > http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/



    GSA don't come to the doors around here anymore taking orders. They
    instead set up cookie "camp" tables in front of the supermarket
    entrances so you can buy them right there.

    I don't buy the cookies but contribute $2.00 to their group.

    Andy

  8. #8
    spamtrap1888 Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    On Mar 2, 12:18*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > Ran e at Arabian Knits <arabiankn...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <8t4kriFsi...@mid.individual.net>,
    > > *notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:

    >
    > >> Well, dang! *Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    > >> donations, anymore. *At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves outta
    > >> my price point.

    >
    > > * *And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box..

    >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    >
    > > "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    >
    > >http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

    >
    > GSA don't come to the doors around here anymore taking orders. They
    > instead set up cookie "camp" tables in front of the supermarket
    > entrances so you can buy them right there.
    >
    > I don't buy the cookies but contribute $2.00 to their group.
    >


    You can pay the girl scouts for cookies that will go to our troops .

  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    spamtrap1888 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mar 2, 12:18*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> Ran e at Arabian Knits <arabiankn...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <8t4kriFsi...@mid.individual.net>,
    >> > *notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:

    >>
    >> >> Well, dang! *Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    >> >> donations, anymore. *At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves

    outta
    >> >> my price point.

    >>
    >> > * *And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box

    > .
    >>
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    >>
    >> > "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    >>
    >> >http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

    >>
    >> GSA don't come to the doors around here anymore taking orders. They
    >> instead set up cookie "camp" tables in front of the supermarket
    >> entrances so you can buy them right there.
    >>
    >> I don't buy the cookies but contribute $2.00 to their group.
    >>

    >
    > You can pay the girl scouts for cookies that will go to our troops .



    I think that's just what I said.

    Andy

  10. #10
    Mookie Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    On Mar 2, 3:30*am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > On Mar 2, 12:18 am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >> Ran e at Arabian Knits <arabiankn...@gmail.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> > In article <8t4kriFsi...@mid.individual.net>,
    > >> > notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:

    >
    > >> >> Well, dang! Looks like the GSA is gonna hafta do without my
    > >> >> donations, anymore. At $3.50 a box, they've priced themselves

    > outta
    > >> >> my price point.

    >
    > >> > And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box

    > > .

    >
    > >> > Regards,
    > >> > Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    >
    > >> > "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    >
    > >> >http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

    >
    > >> GSA don't come to the doors around here anymore taking orders. They
    > >> instead set up cookie "camp" tables in front of the supermarket
    > >> entrances so you can buy them right there.

    >
    > >> I don't buy the cookies but contribute $2.00 to their group.

    >
    > > You can pay the girl scouts for cookies that will go to our troops .

    >
    > I think that's just what I said.
    >
    > Andy- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Spamtrap means our military troops, Andy.

  11. #11
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    On 2011-03-02, Ranée at Arabian Knits <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > And the girls in the troop only get between $0.30 - 0.56 per box.


    I figured as much. That's precisely why I will buy no more cookies.

    I'll do what I did the last time the girls were all out of Trefoils,
    jes handed 'em a ten spot. The poor little girl at the table was
    dumbfounded, but the mom's smiled approvingly. That's a feeling
    better than a mouthfull of some sawdust cookie, anytime.

    That way, they get it all. I do the same with BSA, rather than
    go through those swine, the United Dirtbags.

    nb

  12. #12
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    On 2011-03-02, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I don't buy the cookies but contribute $2.00 to their group.


    Good for you, Andy. Screw the profiteers.

    nb

  13. #13
    BigBadBubbas Guest

    Default Re: Girl Scouts get my last dime

    Andy wrote:
    > GSA don't come to the doors around here anymore taking orders. They
    > instead set up cookie "camp" tables in front of the supermarket
    > entrances so you can buy them right there.
    >
    > Andy


    That is because of people exactly like you. They are just a little bit too
    young for the type of attention that you would give them.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32