Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 168

Thread: Frozen cooked lobster

  1. #1
    biig Guest

    Default Frozen cooked lobster

    Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it would
    be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in Canada



  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Jun 4, 1:07*pm, "biig" <b...@mnsi.net> wrote:
    > * *Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > try. *It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it would
    > be. *I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in Canada


    Read this:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5207183_rehe...d-lobster.html

  3. #3
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On 04/06/2011 4:07 PM, biig wrote:
    > Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it would
    > be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in Canada
    >
    >



    There has been a lot of that going on around here lately. I got some a
    few weeks ago and we just ate them cold. You can put them into boiling
    water for a couple minutes and warm them up without cooking them too
    much more. You can also slap them on the BBQ grill .

  4. #4
    ImStillMags Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Jun 4, 1:15*pm, Dave Smith <adavid.sm...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > On 04/06/2011 4:07 PM, biig wrote:
    >
    > > * * Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > > try. *It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat itwould
    > > be. *I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon inCanada

    >
    > There has been a lot of that going on around here lately. *I got some a
    > few weeks ago and we just ate them cold. You can put them into boiling
    > water for a couple minutes and warm them up without cooking them too
    > much more. You can also slap them on the BBQ grill .


    or make lobster salad...

  5. #5
    biig Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster


    "ImStillMags" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    On Jun 4, 1:15 pm, Dave Smith <adavid.sm...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > On 04/06/2011 4:07 PM, biig wrote:
    >
    > > Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > > try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it
    > > would
    > > be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in
    > > Canada

    >
    > There has been a lot of that going on around here lately. I got some a
    > few weeks ago and we just ate them cold. You can put them into boiling
    > water for a couple minutes and warm them up without cooking them too
    > much more. You can also slap them on the BBQ grill .


    or make lobster salad...

    I want lobster dipped in melted butter...lol...I think I'll give it a
    quick hot bath and hope it wasn't alread y over cooked....thanks...



  6. #6
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    In article <[email protected]>, "biig" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it would
    > be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in Canada


    It's next to impossible to warm up a pre-cooked crab or lobster, attempt
    to remove the meat from the shell and not have it almost cold again by
    the time you have done so and are ready to eat it.

    I no longer try. If I purchase a cooked frozen crab or lobster, I let
    it thaw, remove the meat cold, then re-warm just the meat in whatever
    dip I'm using which for me is generally Lemon Butter with a hint of
    garlic...

    What's the point in heating the shell?
    Why re-heat the already cooked meat twice?
    --
    Peace, Om
    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>

    "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    -- Mark Twain

  7. #7
    biig Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster


    "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]..
    > In article <[email protected]>, "biig" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one
    >> to
    >> try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it
    >> would
    >> be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in
    >> Canada

    >
    > It's next to impossible to warm up a pre-cooked crab or lobster, attempt
    > to remove the meat from the shell and not have it almost cold again by
    > the time you have done so and are ready to eat it.
    >
    > I no longer try. If I purchase a cooked frozen crab or lobster, I let
    > it thaw, remove the meat cold, then re-warm just the meat in whatever
    > dip I'm using which for me is generally Lemon Butter with a hint of
    > garlic...
    >
    > What's the point in heating the shell?
    > Why re-heat the already cooked meat twice?
    > --
    > Peace, Om
    > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    >
    > "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    > come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    > -- Mark Twain


    Thanks Om...that sounds better. I think I'll pick it first then a quick
    steam??? Then the butter. I've only had lobster a few times and never at
    home so I'm a novice....Sharon



  8. #8
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On 04/06/2011 6:08 PM, biig wrote:
    -- Mark Twain
    >
    > Thanks Om...that sounds better. I think I'll pick it first then a quick
    > steam??? Then the butter. I've only had lobster a few times and never at
    > home so I'm a novice....Sharon
    >



    I have lobster at home a lot more often than I have it in restaurants.
    It used to be a lot more expensive than it is now, and hard to get
    anywhere but restaurants. I splurged and tried it a few times but was
    not impressed. It was not until I had fresh lobster on the east coast
    that I realized how good it can be when it is not overcooked.


    Now it is available live in most grocery stores, and much cheaper. All
    you need to cook it is a big pot of salted water. Restaurants charge a
    hell of a lot for that simple job.

  9. #9
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    In article <Z0zGp.98973$[email protected]> ,
    Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 04/06/2011 6:08 PM, biig wrote:
    > -- Mark Twain
    > >
    > > Thanks Om...that sounds better. I think I'll pick it first then a quick
    > > steam??? Then the butter. I've only had lobster a few times and never at
    > > home so I'm a novice....Sharon
    > >

    >
    >
    > I have lobster at home a lot more often than I have it in restaurants.
    > It used to be a lot more expensive than it is now, and hard to get
    > anywhere but restaurants. I splurged and tried it a few times but was
    > not impressed. It was not until I had fresh lobster on the east coast
    > that I realized how good it can be when it is not overcooked.
    >
    >
    > Now it is available live in most grocery stores, and much cheaper. All
    > you need to cook it is a big pot of salted water. Restaurants charge a
    > hell of a lot for that simple job.


    But she's not buying it live! :-)

    Granted, it's better that way but sometimes pre-cooked is less expensive.
    I do agree that steaming it fresh live at home is the best if possible.
    But purchasing and eating cooked frozen is a lot more common these days.
    --
    Peace, Om
    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>

    "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    -- Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Jun 4, 6:16*pm, Dave Smith <adavid.sm...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > On 04/06/2011 6:08 PM, biig wrote:
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Mark Twain
    >
    >
    >
    > > * *Thanks Om...that sounds better. *I think I'll pick it first then a quick
    > > steam??? Then the butter. *I've only had lobster a few times and never at
    > > home so I'm a novice....Sharon

    >
    > I have lobster at home a lot more often than I have it in restaurants.
    > It used to be a lot more expensive than it is now, and hard to get
    > anywhere but restaurants. *I splurged and tried it a few times but was
    > not impressed. It was not until I had fresh lobster on the east coast
    > that I realized how good it can be when it is not overcooked.
    >
    > Now it is available live in most grocery stores, and much cheaper. *All
    > you need to cook it is a big pot of salted water. Restaurants charge a
    > hell of a lot for that simple job.


    It's even cheaper sometimes at the Asian grocery. I buy a live one
    every year for Valentine's Day, and prepare it for my wife. This year
    was an exception because I broke my arm on Feb 10. One advantage
    about doing it then is that if you set it outside, the cold renders
    the lobster less mobile so you can get the rubber bands off w/o
    risking a bad pinch.

    --Bryan

  11. #11
    Janet Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    biig wrote:
    > "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news[email protected]..
    >> In article <[email protected]>, "biig" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I
    >>> got one to
    >>> try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat
    >>> it would
    >>> be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon
    >>> in Canada

    >>
    >> It's next to impossible to warm up a pre-cooked crab or lobster,
    >> attempt to remove the meat from the shell and not have it almost
    >> cold again by the time you have done so and are ready to eat it.
    >>
    >> I no longer try. If I purchase a cooked frozen crab or lobster, I
    >> let it thaw, remove the meat cold, then re-warm just the meat in
    >> whatever dip I'm using which for me is generally Lemon Butter with a
    >> hint of garlic...
    >>
    >> What's the point in heating the shell?
    >> Why re-heat the already cooked meat twice?
    >> --
    >> Peace, Om
    >> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    >>
    >> "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    >> come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    >> -- Mark Twain

    >
    > Thanks Om...that sounds better. I think I'll pick it first then a
    > quick steam??? Then the butter. I've only had lobster a few times
    > and never at home so I'm a novice....Sharon


    Skip the steaming. It's already cooked. Just gently heat it in melted
    butter.



  12. #12
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:05:58 -0400, "Janet" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >biig wrote:
    >> "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news[email protected]..
    >>> In article <[email protected]>, "biig" <[email protected]>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I
    >>>> got one to
    >>>> try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat
    >>>> it would
    >>>> be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon
    >>>> in Canada
    >>>
    >>> It's next to impossible to warm up a pre-cooked crab or lobster,
    >>> attempt to remove the meat from the shell and not have it almost
    >>> cold again by the time you have done so and are ready to eat it.
    >>>
    >>> I no longer try. If I purchase a cooked frozen crab or lobster, I
    >>> let it thaw, remove the meat cold, then re-warm just the meat in
    >>> whatever dip I'm using which for me is generally Lemon Butter with a
    >>> hint of garlic...
    >>>
    >>> What's the point in heating the shell?
    >>> Why re-heat the already cooked meat twice?
    >>> --
    >>> Peace, Om
    >>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    >>>
    >>> "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    >>> come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    >>> -- Mark Twain

    >>
    >> Thanks Om...that sounds better. I think I'll pick it first then a
    >> quick steam??? Then the butter. I've only had lobster a few times
    >> and never at home so I'm a novice....Sharon

    >
    >Skip the steaming. It's already cooked. Just gently heat it in melted
    >butter.


    I would never waste my money on already cooked frozen lobster... just
    guessing but it's probably best defrosted in the fridge and eaten
    cold, make a lobster salad.

  13. #13
    Storrmmee Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    i would let it thaw in frig, then i would get steamer good and hot with
    water bling and then put it in steamer just long enough to heat through, Lee
    "biig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it
    > would be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon
    > in Canada
    >




  14. #14
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > I would never waste my money on already cooked frozen lobster... just
    > guessing but it's probably best defrosted in the fridge and eaten
    > cold, make a lobster salad.


    Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable. :-) Nothing
    is as good as fresh cooked crustaceans from the live state. But in this
    case, removing the meat from the shell once it's thawed is still quite
    tasty re-warmed in your choice of dips. I make the dip hot. I don't
    heat the meat separately! The hot butter (or whatever) warms the meat to
    the right temperature.

    Makes yummylicious sandwiches served in warmed sourdough bread with lots
    of warm butter. ;-d

    As I mentioned before, my personal favorite dip is warm lemon butter
    with just a hint of garlic, but your tastes may vary as always. <g>
    --
    Peace, Om
    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>

    "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    -- Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Storrmmee Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    good point, Lee
    "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]..
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >
    >> I would never waste my money on already cooked frozen lobster... just
    >> guessing but it's probably best defrosted in the fridge and eaten
    >> cold, make a lobster salad.

    >
    > Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable. :-) Nothing
    > is as good as fresh cooked crustaceans from the live state. But in this
    > case, removing the meat from the shell once it's thawed is still quite
    > tasty re-warmed in your choice of dips. I make the dip hot. I don't
    > heat the meat separately! The hot butter (or whatever) warms the meat to
    > the right temperature.
    >
    > Makes yummylicious sandwiches served in warmed sourdough bread with lots
    > of warm butter. ;-d
    >
    > As I mentioned before, my personal favorite dip is warm lemon butter
    > with just a hint of garlic, but your tastes may vary as always. <g>
    > --
    > Peace, Om
    > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
    >
    > "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    > come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    > -- Mark Twain




  16. #16
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:42:07 -0500, Omelet <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >
    >> I would never waste my money on already cooked frozen lobster... just
    >> guessing but it's probably best defrosted in the fridge and eaten
    >> cold, make a lobster salad.

    >
    >Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable.


    Not believable. I see frozen UNCOOKED/RAW lobster all the time...
    usually in the same freezer case next to the UNCOOKED/RAW shrimp, and
    other seafood. I don't remember ever seeing frozen cooked lobster,
    makes as much sense as freezing a cooked porterhouse. I don't eat
    frozen seafood of any type... the few times I've been served a dish
    made with frozen shrimp I spit it out. I won't eat breaded shrimp
    either. Any fish monger in the NYC area sells fresh (never frozen)
    north Atlantic shrimp. I've eaten Gulf shrimp, it doesn't even taste
    like shrimp... Gulf/warm water shrimp is really only good for cat
    food. Canned shrimp packed in Asia is much better than Gulf shrimp...
    that BP oil spill can only make an improvement.

  17. #17
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On 05/06/2011 8:31 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
    >>> Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable.

    >
    > Not believable. I see frozen UNCOOKED/RAW lobster all the time...
    > usually in the same freezer case next to the UNCOOKED/RAW shrimp, and
    > other seafood. I don't remember ever seeing frozen cooked lobster,
    > makes as much sense as freezing a cooked porterhouse.


    I see it. There was frozen cooked lobster on sale at the grocery store
    in town this week. Sometimes they cook a bunch of lobsters. Perhaps they
    do so because some people like lobster but don't know how to cook it.
    Perhaps it is because the lobsters were getting old in the tank, or they
    had too many. Then if they don't sell them quickly they freeze them to
    extend their shelf life.

    Occasionally, like a week or two ago they had lots of canning lobsters
    on sale cheap. I guess they had some left over because this week they
    are frozen.



    I

  18. #18
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 16:07:16 -0400, "biig" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one to
    > try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it would
    > be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in Canada
    >

    I don't know what market lobster is. Do you have lobster tail or a
    whole lobster?

    --

    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

  19. #19
    biig Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster


    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 16:07:16 -0400, "biig" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Our store had cooked, frozen market lobster on for 3.99 and I got one
    >> to
    >> try. It's defrosting now and I wonder what the best way to reheat it
    >> would
    >> be. I don't want to turn it into rubber...thanks a bunch...Sharon in
    >> Canada
    >>

    > I don't know what market lobster is. Do you have lobster tail or a
    > whole lobster?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.


    I think it refers to the size. They are rather small........Sharon



  20. #20
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Frozen cooked lobster

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:42:07 -0500, Omelet <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I would never waste my money on already cooked frozen lobster... just
    > >> guessing but it's probably best defrosted in the fridge and eaten
    > >> cold, make a lobster salad.

    > >
    > >Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable.

    >
    > Not believable. I see frozen UNCOOKED/RAW lobster all the time...
    > usually in the same freezer case next to the UNCOOKED/RAW shrimp, and
    > other seafood. I don't remember ever seeing frozen cooked lobster,
    > makes as much sense as freezing a cooked porterhouse. I don't eat
    > frozen seafood of any type... the few times I've been served a dish
    > made with frozen shrimp I spit it out. I won't eat breaded shrimp
    > either. Any fish monger in the NYC area sells fresh (never frozen)
    > north Atlantic shrimp. I've eaten Gulf shrimp, it doesn't even taste
    > like shrimp... Gulf/warm water shrimp is really only good for cat
    > food. Canned shrimp packed in Asia is much better than Gulf shrimp...
    > that BP oil spill can only make an improvement.


    I have yet to find frozen UNCOOKED Lobster or crab!

    Fresh frozen uncooked Shrimp, yes. I prefer farm raised shrimp to gulf
    shrimp even tho' I live here. The taste of fresh gulf shrimp is way too
    iodine flavored for my personal tastes.
    --
    Peace, Om
    Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>

    "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
    come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    -- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32