Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fish Oil

  1. #1
    Jameyabcd Guest

    Default Fish Oil


    Fish oil in your daily diet plans:
    It eases depression,
    It improves your vision,
    It reduces triglyceride level,
    It is great for brain functions




    --
    Jameyabcd

  2. #2
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Fish Oil

    On Nov 26, 5:49*am, Jameyabcd <Jameyabcd.
    916b4a8.899...@foodbanter.com> wrote:
    > Fish oil in your daily diet plans:
    > It eases depression,
    > It improves your vision,
    > It reduces triglyceride level,
    > It is great for brain functions


    "It reduces triglyceride level." The rest is iffy.
    >
    > --
    > Jameyabcd


    --Bryan

  3. #3
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Fish Oil

    On Nov 26, 9:07*am, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Nov 26, 5:49*am, Jameyabcd <Jameyabcd.
    >
    > 916b4a8.899...@foodbanter.com> wrote:
    > > Fish oil in your daily diet plans:
    > > It eases depression,
    > > It improves your vision,
    > > It reduces triglyceride level,
    > > It is great for brain functions

    >
    > "It reduces triglyceride level." *The rest is iffy.
    >
    >
    >
    > > --
    > > Jameyabcd

    >
    > --Bryan


    In moderation and in combination with an otherwise healthy diet.

    Everything is iffy!

    John Kuthe...

  4. #4
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Fish Oil

    On Nov 26, 9:31*am, John Kuthe <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Nov 26, 9:07*am, Bryan <bryangsimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Nov 26, 5:49*am, Jameyabcd <Jameyabcd.

    >
    > > 916b4a8.899...@foodbanter.com> wrote:
    > > > Fish oil in your daily diet plans:
    > > > It eases depression,
    > > > It improves your vision,
    > > > It reduces triglyceride level,
    > > > It is great for brain functions

    >
    > > "It reduces triglyceride level." *The rest is iffy.

    >
    > > > --
    > > > Jameyabcd

    >
    > > --Bryan

    >
    > In moderation and in combination with an otherwise healthy diet.
    >
    > Everything is iffy!


    The Mayo Clinic does not qualify with "in combination with an
    otherwise healthy diet."
    They do advise moderation:

    "There is evidence from multiple studies supporting intake of
    recommended amounts of DHA and EPA in the form of dietary fish or fish
    oil supplements lowers triglycerides, reduces the risk of death, heart
    attack, dangerous abnormal heart rhythms, and strokes in people with
    known cardiovascular disease, slows the buildup of atherosclerotic
    plaques ("hardening of the arteries"), and lowers blood pressure
    slightly. However, high doses may have harmful effects, such as an
    increased risk of bleeding."
    source-- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fis...atient-fishoil
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    --Bryan

  5. #5
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: Fish Oil

    On 11/26/2011 6:49 AM, Jameyabcd wrote:
    > Fish oil in your daily diet plans:
    > It eases depression,
    > It improves your vision,
    > It reduces triglyceride level,
    > It is great for brain functions
    >
    >
    >
    >

    The triglyceride notion might have some merit; the others are
    speculation. I can add another real function: a mild laxative for the
    relief of constipation.

    --


    James Silverton, Potomac

    I'm *not* [email protected]

  6. #6
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Fish Oil

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:47:21 -0800 (PST), Bryan
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > The Mayo Clinic does not qualify with "in combination with an
    > otherwise healthy diet."
    > They do advise moderation:
    >
    > "There is evidence from multiple studies supporting intake of
    > recommended amounts of DHA and EPA in the form of dietary fish or fish
    > oil supplements lowers triglycerides, reduces the risk of death, heart
    > attack, dangerous abnormal heart rhythms, and strokes in people with
    > known cardiovascular disease, slows the buildup of atherosclerotic
    > plaques ("hardening of the arteries"), and lowers blood pressure
    > slightly. However, high doses may have harmful effects, such as an
    > increased risk of bleeding."
    > source-- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fis...atient-fishoil
    > >

    It's hard enough figuring out how much is enough, let alone too much.
    Mainly, I think people don't take enough to do any good unless they're
    like you and overdo everything.

    --
    Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32