Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: First dumb thing of the day!

  1. #1
    Andy Guest

    Default First dumb thing of the day!

    First dumb thing of the day!

    Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    upsidedown.

    Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.

    Sheesh!!!

    And the day is so young!

    Andy

  2. #2
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:17:39 -0500, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >First dumb thing of the day!
    >
    >Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >upsidedown.
    >
    >Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >
    >Sheesh!!!
    >
    >And the day is so young!


    You could have resealed your booboo and opened the correct end...
    don't you own any duct tape/gorilla glue?

  3. #3
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On Oct 25, 7:15*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:17:39 -0500, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > >First dumb thing of the day!

    >
    > >Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    > >upsidedown.

    >
    > >Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.

    >
    > >Sheesh!!!

    >
    > >And the day is so young!

    >
    > You could have resealed your booboo and opened the correct end...
    > don't you own any duct tape/gorilla glue?


    More effort and time than simply transferring said Cheerios to two
    Ziploc bags.

    Do you often make more work for yourself than you need to Sheldon?

    John Kuthe...

  4. #4
    John Smythe Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    John Kuthe wrote:
    > On Oct 25, 7:15 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >>
    >> You could have resealed your booboo and opened the correct end...
    >> don't you own any duct tape/gorilla glue?

    >
    > More effort and time than simply transferring said Cheerios to two
    > Ziploc bags.
    >
    > Do you often make more work for yourself than you need to Sheldon?
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    Do you mean like having a goooogle gropes account and an infernal September
    account, and continuing to post via the gooogle gropes account and bitching
    about how bad it works? That kind of "more work"?



  5. #5
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:17:39 -0500, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>First dumb thing of the day!
    >>
    >>Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >>upsidedown.
    >>
    >>Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >>
    >>Sheesh!!!
    >>
    >>And the day is so young!

    >
    > You could have resealed your booboo and opened the correct end...
    > don't you own any duct tape/gorilla glue?



    Sheldon,

    I do have duct tape (who doesn't?) and suppose I could have done that.

    Which reminds me of the "Survey: Chips" thread.

    If I didn't seal my Herr's popcorn bag air-tightly as possible, it would
    overnight became in essence a dehumidifier, going from fresh to grossly
    chewy in a few hours.

    Best,

    Andy

  6. #6
    Bull Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    In article <[email protected]>, Andy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > First dumb thing of the day!
    >
    > Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    > upsidedown.
    >
    > Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >
    > Sheesh!!!
    >
    > And the day is so young!
    >
    > Andy


    Lucky for you. You have plenty of day left to do many more of your dumb
    ass deeds. Would you mind posting all of 'em?

    BULL

  7. #7
    Pennyaline Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On 10/25/2011 4:17 AM, Andy wrote:
    > First dumb thing of the day!
    >
    > Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    > upsidedown.
    >
    > Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >
    > Sheesh!!!
    >
    > And the day is so young!


    Andy, no cardboard box alone ever kept a breakfast cereal from going
    stale. Last I knew, Cheerios were still contained in a bag inside the
    box. You could have just taken the bag out, turned it over so the top of
    the bag was now at the bottom of the box, and called it good.

  8. #8
    John Smythe Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Pennyaline wrote:
    > On 10/25/2011 4:17 AM, Andy wrote:
    >> First dumb thing of the day!
    >>
    >> Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >> upsidedown.
    >>
    >> Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >>
    >> Sheesh!!!
    >>
    >> And the day is so young!

    >
    > Andy, no cardboard box alone ever kept a breakfast cereal from going
    > stale. Last I knew, Cheerios were still contained in a bag inside the
    > box. You could have just taken the bag out, turned it over so the top
    > of the bag was now at the bottom of the box, and called it good.


    Are you talking to the door in your room? It will understand your
    explanation much better than andy will.




  9. #9
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Pennyaline <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 10/25/2011 4:17 AM, Andy wrote:
    >> First dumb thing of the day!
    >>
    >> Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >> upsidedown.
    >>
    >> Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >>
    >> Sheesh!!!
    >>
    >> And the day is so young!

    >
    > Andy, no cardboard box alone ever kept a breakfast cereal from going
    > stale. Last I knew, Cheerios were still contained in a bag inside the
    > box. You could have just taken the bag out, turned it over so the top

    of
    > the bag was now at the bottom of the box, and called it good.



    Pennyaline,

    I always fasten a bag clip.

    It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to hide
    my goof.

    Best,

    Andy

  10. #10
    James Silverton Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On 10/25/2011 1:56 PM, Andy wrote:
    > Pennyaline<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On 10/25/2011 4:17 AM, Andy wrote:
    >>> First dumb thing of the day!
    >>>
    >>> Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >>> upsidedown.
    >>>
    >>> Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >>>
    >>> Sheesh!!!
    >>>
    >>> And the day is so young!

    >>
    >> Andy, no cardboard box alone ever kept a breakfast cereal from going
    >> stale. Last I knew, Cheerios were still contained in a bag inside the
    >> box. You could have just taken the bag out, turned it over so the top

    > of
    >> the bag was now at the bottom of the box, and called it good.

    >
    >
    > Pennyaline,
    >
    > I always fasten a bag clip.
    >
    > It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to hide
    > my goof.
    >


    Sometimes I have a half box of cereal when I leave for a week or so's
    vacation. I've found that putting it in the refrigerator seems to keep
    it crisper. I guess the humidity is low inside. It works for Rycrisp
    crackers too.


    --


    James Silverton, Potomac

    I'm *not* [email protected]

  11. #11
    Pennyaline Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On 10/25/2011 11:56 AM, Andy wrote:

    > It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to hide
    > my goof.



    You should have buried it in the yard and said nothing, then/

  12. #12
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    James Silverton <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sometimes I have a half box of cereal when I leave for a week or so's
    > vacation. I've found that putting it in the refrigerator seems to keep
    > it crisper. I guess the humidity is low inside. It works for Rycrisp
    > crackers too.



    James,

    I never thought to refrigerate boxed cereal!

    I'll keep that in mind.

    Best,

    Andy

  13. #13
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Pennyaline <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 10/25/2011 11:56 AM, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to hide
    >> my goof.

    >
    >
    > You should have buried it in the yard and said nothing, then/



    Pennyaline,

    If it happens a second time, I sure will!!! <G>

    Best,

    Andy

  14. #14
    Gary Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Andy wrote:
    >
    > First dumb thing of the day!
    >
    > Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    > upsidedown.
    >
    > Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >
    > Sheesh!!!
    >
    > And the day is so young!
    >
    > Andy


    A clothespin would have worked just as well, imo. That's how I seal up
    cereal.

  15. #15
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Andy wrote:
    >>
    >> First dumb thing of the day!
    >>
    >> Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >> upsidedown.
    >>
    >> Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.
    >>
    >> Sheesh!!!
    >>
    >> And the day is so young!
    >>
    >> Andy

    >
    > A clothespin would have worked just as well, imo. That's how I seal up
    > cereal.



    Gary,

    I got a four-pack of Kitchen Aid "industrial strength" small clips at
    Sears, on the wall by the small appliances.

    They are the best (spring tension strength), imho.

    They also have the larger size versions, equally as strong.

    If stuff can fit in a ziploc bag, that's sometimes a cheaper and more
    convenient option.

    Andy

  16. #16
    Nunya Bidnits Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Pennyaline <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 10/25/2011 11:56 AM, Andy wrote:
    >
    >> It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to
    >> hide my goof.

    >
    >
    > You should have buried it in the yard and said nothing, then/


    ROFL!

    I think that's what they told Andy's mom.



  17. #17
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:22:47 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Pennyaline <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On 10/25/2011 11:56 AM, Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to
    >>> hide my goof.

    >>
    >>
    >> You should have buried it in the yard and said nothing, then/

    >
    >ROFL!
    >
    >I think that's what they told Andy's mom.
    >


    I'll bring a couple shovels. It's not too late.

    Lou

  18. #18
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On Oct 25, 12:56*pm, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    > Pennyaline <norwegianb...@beatifulplummage.huh> wrote:
    > > On 10/25/2011 4:17 AM, Andy wrote:
    > >> First dumb thing of the day!

    >
    > >> Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    > >> upsidedown.

    >
    > >> Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.

    >
    > >> Sheesh!!!

    >
    > >> And the day is so young!

    >
    > > Andy, no cardboard box alone ever kept a breakfast cereal from going
    > > stale. Last I knew, Cheerios were still contained in a bag inside the
    > > box. You could have just taken the bag out, turned it over so the top

    > of
    > > the bag was now at the bottom of the box, and called it good.

    >
    > Pennyaline,
    >
    > I always fasten a bag clip.
    >
    > It's just that today's dumbness just felt so wrong that I wanted to hide
    > my goof.


    You should kill yourself.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy


    --Bryan

  19. #19
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:29:16 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Oct 25, 7:15*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:17:39 -0500, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
    >> >First dumb thing of the day!

    >>
    >> >Not wide awake and looking carefully, I opened a new box of Cheerios
    >> >upsidedown.

    >>
    >> >Un-resealable, I poured the contents into two large ziploc bags.

    >>
    >> >Sheesh!!!

    >>
    >> >And the day is so young!

    >>
    >> You could have resealed your booboo and opened the correct end...
    >> don't you own any duct tape/gorilla glue?

    >
    >More effort and time than simply transferring said Cheerios to two
    >Ziploc bags.
    >
    >Do you often make more work for yourself than you need to Sheldon?


    Nonsense... no effort at all to tape the mistakenly opened bottom of
    the box and open the top end... people open the wrong end all the time
    and then retape it... two tiny pieces of transparant tape do the
    trick. Transfering Cheerios is a lot more effort. However I don't
    want the outer packaging unless it has some critical info, but there
    is nothing critical about breakfast cereal so I usually remove the
    inner bag and toss the outer box in the trash, then I can reseal the
    bag with one of those twisty wire thingies... takes a lot less room in
    my cupboard than a big box with practically nothing in it. One of the
    first things I do with products is discard all unecessary packaging...
    even with owner's manuals I snip out and discard all the illegal alien
    language instructions.

  20. #20
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: First dumb thing of the day!

    Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > Nonsense... no effort at all to tape the mistakenly opened bottom of
    > the box and open the top end... people open the wrong end all the time
    > and then retape it... two tiny pieces of transparant tape do the
    > trick. Transfering Cheerios is a lot more effort. However I don't
    > want the outer packaging unless it has some critical info, but there
    > is nothing critical about breakfast cereal so I usually remove the
    > inner bag and toss the outer box in the trash, then I can reseal the
    > bag with one of those twisty wire thingies... takes a lot less room in
    > my cupboard than a big box with practically nothing in it. One of the
    > first things I do with products is discard all unecessary packaging...
    > even with owner's manuals I snip out and discard all the illegal alien
    > language instructions.



    Sheldon,

    Your post reminds me, in a sense, of the public interest in outdoor trash
    bins!

    For a brief while, I was guilty of the large rectangular shaped bins. I
    quickly realized that trash bags by the force of gravity, want to be
    round and that the rectangular bins were just fighting physics.

    On trash day I chuckle at all the rectangular bins at curbside. A kind of
    round peg in a square hole paradox. LOL!

    Best,

    Andy
    "If it jams, force it! If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
    --Mrs. Murphy's law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32