Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Favorite applesauce?

  1. #1
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Favorite applesauce?

    I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Sep 7, 10:46*am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    > I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.
    >
    > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)


    I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful.

  3. #3
    Jerry Avins Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Sep 7, 2:27*pm, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 10:46*am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > > so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    >
    > > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.

    >
    > > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    > really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful.


    I haven't found a bottled applesauce that I like as much as
    Musselman's unsweetened.

    Jerry
    --
    Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

  4. #4
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Sep 7, 11:32*am, Jerry Avins <j...@ieee.org> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 2:27*pm, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sep 7, 10:46*am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > > > so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    >
    > > > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.

    >
    > > > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > > I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    > > really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful.

    >
    > I haven't found a bottled applesauce that I like as much as
    > Musselman's unsweetened.
    >
    > Jerry
    > --
    > Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.


    Never heard of Musselman's. East coast or midwest item?

  5. #5
    Hackmatack Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    Chemo the Clown <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 11:32 am, Jerry Avins <j...@ieee.org> wrote:
    >> On Sep 7, 2:27 pm, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sep 7, 10:46 am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:

    >>
    >>>> I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    >>>> so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    >>
    >>>> Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.

    >>
    >>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >>
    >>> I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    >>> really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful.

    >>
    >> I haven't found a bottled applesauce that I like as much as
    >> Musselman's unsweetened.
    >>
    >> Jerry
    >> --
    >> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

    >
    > Never heard of Musselman's. East coast or midwest item?


    It's an Islamic plot to poison America into accepting sharia laws.

  6. #6
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Sep 7, 12:39*pm, Hackmatack <address...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    > Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Sep 7, 11:32 am, Jerry Avins <j...@ieee.org> wrote:
    > >> On Sep 7, 2:27 pm, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > >>> On Sep 7, 10:46 am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:

    >
    > >>>> I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > >>>> so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    >
    > >>>> Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.

    >
    > >>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > >>> I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    > >>> really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful..

    >
    > >> I haven't found a bottled applesauce that I like as much as
    > >> Musselman's unsweetened.

    >
    > >> Jerry
    > >> --
    > >> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get..

    >
    > > Never heard of Musselman's. East coast or midwest item?

    >
    > It's an Islamic plot to poison America into accepting sharia laws.


    Ah...glad to get that cleared up, jerkwad.

  7. #7
    Hackmatack Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    Chemo the Clown <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 12:39 pm, Hackmatack <address...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    >> Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> On Sep 7, 11:32 am, Jerry Avins <j...@ieee.org> wrote:
    >>>> On Sep 7, 2:27 pm, Chemo the Clown <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >>
    >>>>> On Sep 7, 10:46 am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:

    >>
    >>>>>> I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    >>>>>> so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.

    >>
    >>>>>> Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.

    >>
    >>>>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >>
    >>>>> I think you can get Motts in 100% apple with no sugar added. That's
    >>>>> really the best kind. I've gotten organic locally and it is wonderful.

    >>
    >>>> I haven't found a bottled applesauce that I like as much as
    >>>> Musselman's unsweetened.

    >>
    >>>> Jerry
    >>>> --
    >>>> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

    >>
    >>> Never heard of Musselman's. East coast or midwest item?

    >>
    >> It's an Islamic plot to poison America into accepting sharia laws.

    >
    > Ah...glad to get that cleared up, jerkwad.


    Glad to oblige, although it just goes to show you can't win 'em all.

  8. #8
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?


    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:j48amr$v8$[email protected]..
    >I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    >so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.
    >
    > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.


    Albertson's brand chunky.



  9. #9
    Cindy Fuller Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    In article <j48amr$v8$[email protected]>,
    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.
    >
    > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.
    >

    Homemade from Rome Beauty apples. These apples are hard to find on the
    west coast. Don't peel before cooking. The peel adds a nice rosy glow.
    Run through food mill after cooking. Wonderful.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  10. #10
    sf Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:13:25 -0700, Cindy Fuller
    <cind[email protected]> wrote:

    > Homemade from Rome Beauty apples. These apples are hard to find on the
    > west coast.


    They used to be very popular on the West Coast. I wonder what
    happened?

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  11. #11
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    On Sep 7, 1:46*pm, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com> wrote:
    > I really like the Motts granny-smith applesauce. It's not very sour though,
    > so I think they must add a lot of sugar to it.
    >
    > Maybe I'm just liking the sugar and not the granny smith so much.
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)


    I like my own crockpot applesauce made with Grannies or Macs. Can't
    beat the pure apple taste and consistency. I add NO sugar.

  12. #12
    Cindy Fuller Guest

    Default Re: Favorite applesauce?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:13:25 -0700, Cindy Fuller
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Homemade from Rome Beauty apples. These apples are hard to find on the
    > > west coast.

    >
    > They used to be very popular on the West Coast. I wonder what
    > happened?


    Probably because so many Washington orchard owners switched to growing
    Red Delicious apples and are now paying the price. RD's are pretty in a
    bowl, but are useless for much else--like eating.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32