Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Fathers Day Dinner

  1. #1
    Omelet Guest

    Default Fathers Day Dinner

    Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)

    Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:

    http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg

    24 oz. Salmon Fillet
    1/4 cup dry vermouth
    juice from 1 large lemon

    1 tbs. dried lemon peel
    1 tbs. dried dill weed
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 thinly sliced lime

    Mix lemon juice and vermouth and pour over salmon fillet in a shallow
    dish. Sprinkle the dill weed, lemon peel and black pepper over the fish
    and then layer the lime slices over that.

    Cover fairly tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to
    marinate
    for about 2 to 4 hours.

    Sauce:

    Mix:

    1/4 cup dry vermouth
    Juice from one lemon
    1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions/green onions (pre-cooked)
    2 tbs. dill pickle relish
    2 tsp. dried dill weed
    1 cup sour cream

    Mix well and let sit in the refrigerator until the fish is done.

    Remove salmon from marinade (try to keep the lime layer intact) and
    grill for 5 minutes.

    I use an electric grill that closes so cooks top and bottom at the same
    time.

    Re-heat sauce by microwaving for 3 minutes, and layer over the salmon.

    Sides for this in the pic were steamed veggies with lemon pepper
    including
    pattypan squash, sliced carrots and broccoli, and the background was
    peeled,
    sliced and steamed yam.

    http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  2. #2
    maxine Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Took the Father of my child out to dinner tonight. We went to
    Kathmandu Spice, a "Himalayan Fusion" restaurant.

    He saw okra masala on the menu and had to have it.

    The teen had Budda's delight, a conic paneer dumpling with a mildly
    spicy cream sauce.

    I went fusion and had a Palak Cannelloni.

    All were tasty.

    I want the full recipe for the soybeans they brought out to keep us
    happy while we waited for our food:
    tiny toasted soy beans, minced ginger, minced red onion, a little
    scallion and there seemed to be a hint of green chili.

    maxine in ri

  3. #3
    PeterL Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Omelet <[email protected]> wrote in newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009
    @news-wc.giganews.com:

    > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >
    > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >



    Nice pics.

    The Fathers Day thing threw me though. I thought I'd lost a few months!!

    Ours is in September.

    --
    Peter Lucas
    Brisbane
    Australia

    "As viscous as motor oil swirled in a swamp, redolent of burnt bell peppers
    nested in by incontinent mice and a finish reminiscent of the dregs of a
    stale can of Coca-Cola that someone has been using as an ashtray. Not a bad
    drink, though."
    Excerpt from "The Moose Turd Wine Tasting" by T. A. Nonymous

  4. #4
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    maxine <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Took the Father of my child out to dinner tonight. We went to
    > Kathmandu Spice, a "Himalayan Fusion" restaurant.
    >
    > He saw okra masala on the menu and had to have it.
    >
    > The teen had Budda's delight, a conic paneer dumpling with a mildly
    > spicy cream sauce.
    >
    > I went fusion and had a Palak Cannelloni.
    >
    > All were tasty.
    >
    > I want the full recipe for the soybeans they brought out to keep us
    > happy while we waited for our food:
    > tiny toasted soy beans, minced ginger, minced red onion, a little
    > scallion and there seemed to be a hint of green chili.
    >
    > maxine in ri


    Probably Edamame? Sounds good. :-)
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  5. #5
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected] >,
    PeterL <PL@brissie.aus> wrote:

    > Omelet <[email protected]> wrote in newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009
    > @news-wc.giganews.com:
    >
    > > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    > >
    > > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    > >

    >
    >
    > Nice pic.
    >
    > The Fathers Day thing threw me though. I thought I'd lost a few months!!
    >
    > Ours is in September.


    That's what you get for living down under. <g>

    Cheers babe. :-)

    And, thanks...
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  6. #6
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]..
    > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >

    Happy Birthday to your dad! And Happy Father's Day to all!

    > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >
    > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    >

    It sure looks wonderful!

    Like you, I am not a huge fan of salmon. I do love salmon patties made from
    <gasp> canned salmon, but the fillets are (IMHO) highly overrated (not to
    mention expensive). I prefer cod, flounder, heck, even catfish fillets to
    salmon. But hey, if your dad enjoyed the meal that's what counts!

    > 24 oz. Salmon Fillet
    > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > juice from 1 large lemon
    >
    > 1 tbs. dried lemon peel
    > 1 tbs. dried dill weed
    > 1/4 tsp black pepper
    > 1 thinly sliced lime
    >
    > Mix lemon juice and vermouth and pour over salmon fillet in a shallow
    > dish. Sprinkle the dill weed, lemon peel and black pepper over the fish
    > and then layer the lime slices over that.
    >
    > Cover fairly tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to
    > marinate
    > for about 2 to 4 hours.
    >

    Did you know lemon and lime juice will actually "cook" fish when left to
    marinate that long?

    > Sauce:
    >
    > Mix:
    >
    > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > Juice from one lemon
    > 1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions/green onions (pre-cooked)
    > 2 tbs. dill pickle relish
    > 2 tsp. dried dill weed
    > 1 cup sour cream
    >
    > Mix well and let sit in the refrigerator until the fish is done.
    >
    > Remove salmon from marinade (try to keep the lime layer intact) and
    > grill for 5 minutes.
    >
    > I use an electric grill that closes so cooks top and bottom at the same
    > time.
    >

    The Hamilton Beach one? Much like the original George Foreman "grill", IIRC
    I gave mine away during the move.

    > Re-heat sauce by microwaving for 3 minutes, and layer over the salmon.
    >
    > Sides for this in the pic were steamed veggies with lemon pepper
    > including
    > pattypan squash, sliced carrots and broccoli, and the background was
    > peeled,
    > sliced and steamed yam.
    >
    > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    > --
    > Peace! Om
    >

    Looks tasty! I'll take a serving of the squash, the broccoli and the yam
    (which is actually a sweet potato unless it was imported.)

    Jill


  7. #7
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Omelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news[email protected]..
    > > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    > >

    > Happy Birthday to your dad! And Happy Father's Day to all!


    Thanks. <g>

    >
    > > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    > >
    > > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    > >

    > It sure looks wonderful!
    >
    > Like you, I am not a huge fan of salmon. I do love salmon patties made from
    > <gasp> canned salmon, but the fillets are (IMHO) highly overrated (not to
    > mention expensive). I prefer cod, flounder, heck, even catfish fillets to
    > salmon. But hey, if your dad enjoyed the meal that's what counts!


    He loves salmon. I prefer catfish. <g>
    I feed canned salmon to ailing cats to get them to eat something.

    >
    > > 24 oz. Salmon Fillet
    > > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > > juice from 1 large lemon
    > >
    > > 1 tbs. dried lemon peel
    > > 1 tbs. dried dill weed
    > > 1/4 tsp black pepper
    > > 1 thinly sliced lime
    > >
    > > Mix lemon juice and vermouth and pour over salmon fillet in a shallow
    > > dish. Sprinkle the dill weed, lemon peel and black pepper over the fish
    > > and then layer the lime slices over that.
    > >
    > > Cover fairly tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to
    > > marinate
    > > for about 2 to 4 hours.
    > >

    > Did you know lemon and lime juice will actually "cook" fish when left to
    > marinate that long?


    That's why it was a short marinade. Generally I marinate for 12 to 24
    hours. But, thanks. <g>

    >
    > > Sauce:
    > >
    > > Mix:
    > >
    > > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > > Juice from one lemon
    > > 1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions/green onions (pre-cooked)
    > > 2 tbs. dill pickle relish
    > > 2 tsp. dried dill weed
    > > 1 cup sour cream
    > >
    > > Mix well and let sit in the refrigerator until the fish is done.
    > >
    > > Remove salmon from marinade (try to keep the lime layer intact) and
    > > grill for 5 minutes.
    > >
    > > I use an electric grill that closes so cooks top and bottom at the same
    > > time.
    > >

    > The Hamilton Beach one? Much like the original George Foreman "grill", IIRC
    > I gave mine away during the move.


    Yes, Hamilton Beach. <g> I LOVE mine!

    >
    > > Re-heat sauce by microwaving for 3 minutes, and layer over the salmon.
    > >
    > > Sides for this in the pic were steamed veggies with lemon pepper
    > > including
    > > pattypan squash, sliced carrots and broccoli, and the background was
    > > peeled,
    > > sliced and steamed yam.
    > >
    > > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    > > --
    > > Peace! Om
    > >

    > Looks tasty! I'll take a serving of the squash, the broccoli and the yam
    > (which is actually a sweet potato unless it was imported.)
    >
    > Jill


    Indeed. <g> The terms are used interchangeably around here. I'm never
    sure what to call them...

    I cannot purchase that (Pattypan) squash around here as it's NEVER sold
    anymore except for high prices at specialty stores. I got that from a
    guy at work who's mom grew more than she could use. :-)

    And, thanks...
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  8. #8
    Jean B. Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Omelet wrote:
    > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >
    > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >
    > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
    >
    > 24 oz. Salmon Fillet
    > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > juice from 1 large lemon
    >
    > 1 tbs. dried lemon peel
    > 1 tbs. dried dill weed
    > 1/4 tsp black pepper
    > 1 thinly sliced lime
    >
    > Mix lemon juice and vermouth and pour over salmon fillet in a shallow
    > dish. Sprinkle the dill weed, lemon peel and black pepper over the fish
    > and then layer the lime slices over that.
    >
    > Cover fairly tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to
    > marinate
    > for about 2 to 4 hours.
    >
    > Sauce:
    >
    > Mix:
    >
    > 1/4 cup dry vermouth
    > Juice from one lemon
    > 1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions/green onions (pre-cooked)
    > 2 tbs. dill pickle relish
    > 2 tsp. dried dill weed
    > 1 cup sour cream
    >
    > Mix well and let sit in the refrigerator until the fish is done.
    >
    > Remove salmon from marinade (try to keep the lime layer intact) and
    > grill for 5 minutes.
    >
    > I use an electric grill that closes so cooks top and bottom at the same
    > time.
    >
    > Re-heat sauce by microwaving for 3 minutes, and layer over the salmon.
    >
    > Sides for this in the pic were steamed veggies with lemon pepper
    > including
    > pattypan squash, sliced carrots and broccoli, and the background was
    > peeled,
    > sliced and steamed yam.
    >
    > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg


    Aw! A late Happy Birthday to your dad! I bet there were tomes
    when you didn't think he'd live to see this birthday!

    --
    Jean B.

  9. #9
    Jean B. Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    maxine wrote:
    > Took the Father of my child out to dinner tonight. We went to
    > Kathmandu Spice, a "Himalayan Fusion" restaurant.


    Does that mean you were up here--or do they have a second
    restaurant, or is it just a common name?
    >
    > He saw okra masala on the menu and had to have it.
    >
    > The teen had Budda's delight, a conic paneer dumpling with a mildly
    > spicy cream sauce.
    >
    > I went fusion and had a Palak Cannelloni.
    >
    > All were tasty.
    >
    > I want the full recipe for the soybeans they brought out to keep us
    > happy while we waited for our food:
    > tiny toasted soy beans, minced ginger, minced red onion, a little
    > scallion and there seemed to be a hint of green chili.
    >
    > maxine in ri


    Yum, yum.

    We still haven't gotten together. Of course, much of that is my
    fault (I think). Tell me when you are up here and have some time.
    There is a place you might like to go to with me....

    --
    Jean B.

  10. #10
    Michael \Dog3\ Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Omelet <[email protected]> newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009@news-
    wc.giganews.com: in rec.food.cooking

    > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >
    > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >
    > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg


    <snipped and saved all of it>

    Pic is a bit dark but it looks awesome. That sauce looks absolutely
    delicious. I gotta try it

    Michael


    --
    “Always tell the truth - it's the easiest thing to remember”
    ~ American Playwright David Mamet

    You can find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  11. #11
    Michael \Dog3\ Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Omelet <[email protected]>
    news[email protected]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    > In article <[email protected] >,
    > PeterL <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Omelet <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009 @news-wc.giganews.com:
    >>
    >> > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >> >
    >> > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >> >

    >>
    >>
    >> Nice pic.
    >>
    >> The Fathers Day thing threw me though. I thought I'd lost a few
    >> months!!
    >>
    >> Ours is in September.

    >
    > That's what you get for living down under. <g>
    >
    > Cheers babe. :-)
    >
    > And, thanks...


    My father completely forgot about it. I called him yesterday as did all
    of my brothers. He lives in West Van but is in Wales as we speak. The
    only thing he remembers is our birthdays and Christmas

    August 1st I'm taking the pooch and driving up to West Van to get away
    from this insufferable heat. My brother that lives in Illinois is going
    with. He's decided he wants to drive so he can put some miles on his SUV.
    he seldom uses it. Okay by me but I keep wondering what it's gonna cost
    me to share the gas with him.

    Michael

    --
    “Always tell the truth - it's the easiest thing to remember”
    ~ American Playwright David Mamet

    You can find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  12. #12
    Stan Horwitz Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Omelet <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)


    Happy birthday and FD to your dad.

    My dad recently did me a big favor by fixing some body damage on my car
    while I was away on vacation. I was in England and when I returned home,
    the rust and scratches that were "added" to my 2008 Prius when I scraped
    a poll in a parking garage were all gone. I had gotten two price quotes
    to fix it, including the accompanying dent in the passenger side rare
    door. None of the body shops I went to would just touch up the area
    where the paint scraped off and an area where rust developed on the door
    frame. The dent is barely noticeable, but the paint scratches and rust
    needed to be fixed.

    On my way to the airport to go to London, I stopped by the dealer where
    I bought my car and I bought two bottles of touch up paint. I dropped my
    car off at my parents' house. I left the keys and the touch up paint
    with my dad. My sister drove me to the airport in her car, then she
    picked me up when I returned from England.

    While I was gone, my dad sanded down the rusted area, then he put some
    rust inhibiter on the damaged areas, then he applied two coats of paint.
    When I got home, the damage was barely obviously. The dents are still
    there, but very minor, so I figured my dad saved me around $1,500, which
    was the cheapest price quote I was given to fix it.

    To thank my dad, I am taking him, my mom, and my sister out to my
    favorite restaurant for dinner. My dad always likes to be taken out to
    dinner on FD, but we usually go somewhere fairly inexpensive. The place
    I am taking them to is called "The Pub." Its in Pennsauken, NJ and
    fairly expensive so my parents rarely will go there. My dad almost
    always orders the baked chicken, but I am going to try to talk him into
    ordering something special, such as the whole lobster. I will probably
    order the ribs and chicken combo. I don't know what my sister will order
    because she likes to try different things. My mom will definitely order
    the baked chicken. Hell would freeze over before my mom would order
    something other baked chicken! We'll all partake of the Pub's huge salad
    bar and I am sure we'll all order their baked potatoes with our meal.
    The Pub cooks most of their food in a giant wood fueled brick hearth.
    Then each waiter or waitress serves the food by putting it in small
    barbecue grill which they wheel around to each table.

    I also bought my dad a few things from Trader Joe's because its his
    favorite grocery store.

  13. #13
    Stu Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 23:21:19 -0700 (PDT), maxine <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Took the Father of my child out to dinner tonight. We went to
    >Kathmandu Spice, a "Himalayan Fusion" restaurant.
    >
    >He saw okra masala on the menu and had to have it.
    >
    >The teen had Budda's delight, a conic paneer dumpling with a mildly
    >spicy cream sauce.
    >
    >I went fusion and had a Palak Cannelloni.
    >
    >All were tasty.
    >
    >I want the full recipe for the soybeans they brought out to keep us
    >happy while we waited for our food:
    >tiny toasted soy beans, minced ginger, minced red onion, a little
    >scallion and there seemed to be a hint of green chili.
    >
    >maxine in ri



    I get whatever I want to cook myself, the kid has a fathers day brunch
    at work he's been preparing for the last three days.
    Got some pork and salmon, maybe throw a pie together, Cipate au Salmon
    maybe?

  14. #14
    Steve Pope Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Like you, I am not a huge fan of salmon. I do love salmon
    > patties made from <gasp> canned salmon, but the fillets are
    > (IMHO) highly overrated (not to mention expensive). I prefer
    > cod, flounder, heck, even catfish fillets to salmon.


    I used to believe salmon was mediocre until I made a point
    of seeking out utterly fresh, west coast salmon. The stuff
    simply does not survive being frozen in any sort of reasonable
    condition, nor is it nearly as good if it's been out of the
    water three days instead of one.

    If it's not going to be served fresh, it may as well go into a can.

    Unfortunately, we're into the second year of having no local
    salmon. There is expensive Alaska product that is probably
    good but I have not yet bothered with it this season.

    Steve

  15. #15
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg

    >
    > Aw! A late Happy Birthday to your dad! I bet there were times
    > when you didn't think he'd live to see this birthday!
    >
    > --
    > Jean B.


    Every day I have with him is a blessing. :-)
    Dr. Slagle told me that with dads Atrial valve stenosis, he could drop
    dead any minute or he could live another 10 years. <sigh> He's not a
    candidate for valve replacement.

    I thanked him for his honesty.

    I've learned to take what I can get. <g>

    Cheers and thanks!
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  16. #16
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <don'[email protected]> wrote:

    > Omelet <[email protected]> newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009@news-
    > wc.giganews.com: in rec.food.cooking
    >
    > > Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    > >
    > > Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    > >
    > > http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg

    >
    > <snipped and saved all of it>
    >
    > Pic is a bit dark but it looks awesome. That sauce looks absolutely
    > delicious. I gotta try it
    >
    > Michael


    The sauce was an experiment inspired by Koko. <g>
    It did work well and I hope it works for ya babe.

    Thanks.
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  17. #17
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <don'[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > August 1st I'm taking the pooch and driving up to West Van to get away
    > from this insufferable heat. My brother that lives in Illinois is going
    > with. He's decided he wants to drive so he can put some miles on his SUV.
    > he seldom uses it. Okay by me but I keep wondering what it's gonna cost
    > me to share the gas with him.
    >
    > Michael


    I understand about that...
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  18. #18
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Stan Horwitz <[email protected]> wrote:

    <snipped>
    > I also bought my dad a few things from Trader Joe's because its his
    > favorite grocery store.


    Sounds like you have an awesome dad. :-)

    Raising a martini to dads everywhere <clinks>

    Cheers!!!
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  19. #19
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    In article <h1loue$lht$[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Steve Pope) wrote:

    > jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Like you, I am not a huge fan of salmon. I do love salmon
    > > patties made from <gasp> canned salmon, but the fillets are
    > > (IMHO) highly overrated (not to mention expensive). I prefer
    > > cod, flounder, heck, even catfish fillets to salmon.

    >
    > I used to believe salmon was mediocre until I made a point
    > of seeking out utterly fresh, west coast salmon. The stuff
    > simply does not survive being frozen in any sort of reasonable
    > condition, nor is it nearly as good if it's been out of the
    > water three days instead of one.
    >
    > If it's not going to be served fresh, it may as well go into a can.
    >
    > Unfortunately, we're into the second year of having no local
    > salmon. There is expensive Alaska product that is probably
    > good but I have not yet bothered with it this season.
    >
    > Steve


    We could start another thread about the farm raised... <eg>

    It does tend to be more affordable.

    I actually bought the wild caught this time as it has a stronger flavor
    that he likes.
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  20. #20
    Bob Muncie Guest

    Default Re: Fathers Day Dinner

    Michael "Dog3" wrote:
    > Omelet <[email protected]>
    > news[email protected]: in
    > rec.food.cooking
    >
    >> In article <[email protected] >,
    >> PeterL <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Omelet <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>> newsmpomelet-16AE6A.00334221062009 @news-wc.giganews.com:
    >>>
    >>>> Fixed it a day early as today is also dad's 77th birthday. :-)
    >>>>
    >>>> Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Nice pic.
    >>>
    >>> The Fathers Day thing threw me though. I thought I'd lost a few
    >>> months!!
    >>>
    >>> Ours is in September.

    >> That's what you get for living down under. <g>
    >>
    >> Cheers babe. :-)
    >>
    >> And, thanks...

    >
    > My father completely forgot about it. I called him yesterday as did all
    > of my brothers. He lives in West Van but is in Wales as we speak. The
    > only thing he remembers is our birthdays and Christmas
    >
    > August 1st I'm taking the pooch and driving up to West Van to get away
    > from this insufferable heat. My brother that lives in Illinois is going
    > with. He's decided he wants to drive so he can put some miles on his SUV.
    > he seldom uses it. Okay by me but I keep wondering what it's gonna cost
    > me to share the gas with him.
    >
    > Michael
    >


    Michael -

    I have a 2004 Trailblazer 4x4 (paid off a year ago thank god) that gets
    between 19 ~ 21 MPG on the highway, so if you are splitting the gas
    cost, chances are you will be paying less than what would would with a
    standard sedan buying the gas by yourself.

    Besides, taking a trip with your brother? It may be once ina fife time,
    and something you can't measure in dollars.

    Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32