Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Fat-free hot dog tips?

  1. #1
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Fat-free hot dog tips?

    I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  2. #2
    Miche Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    In article <idfbar$c82$[email protected]>,
    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    > have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    > spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.


    Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

  3. #3
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Dec 5, 1:23*am, Miche <michei...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > In article <idfbar$c8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
    > *"Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    > > have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    > > spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.


    "A bear of very little brain."
    >
    > Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? *I shudder to think of what's in them.


    But Christopher M. does. He stuffs his mouth with Cool Whip then goes
    for fat free things that shouldn't be fat free. But what can you
    expect from "a bear of very little brain"??????
    >
    > Miche
    >

    --Bryan


  4. #4
    Dan Abel Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <idfbar$c82$[email protected]>,
    > "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    > > have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    > > spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.


    I read an article in the newspaper years ago, in the food section.
    Maybe the guy was a butcher type. He said some foods are just high in
    bad fats. Sausage was the example he used. When he was going to have
    sausage for lunch, he deliberately picked the good stuff, high in bad
    fats. He ate a reasonable serving, with other foods. If that was
    lunch, then dinner was a plain salad. Everything in moderation,
    everything in balance.

    I don't necessarily recommend this to individual people, since everybody
    is different, but it made a lasting impression on me.

    I'm pretty sure it's this guy:

    http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Up-Cook-Me.../dp/0967794900

    "Merle Ellis has been called "America's Best Known Butcher" by the Wall
    Street Journal."

    --
    Dan Abel
    Petaluma, California USA
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    Bryan wrote:
    > On Dec 5, 1:23 am, Miche <michei...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> In article <idfbar$c8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
    >> "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    >>> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    >>> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > "A bear of very little brain."
    >>
    >> Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.

    >
    > But Christopher M. does. He stuffs his mouth with Cool Whip then goes
    > for fat free things that shouldn't be fat free. But what can you
    > expect from "a bear of very little brain"??????


    I don't eat them every day, just like you don't get drunk every day.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  6. #6
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Sat 04 Dec 2010 11:26:12p, Christopher M. told us...

    > I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well
    > because they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them?
    > Maybe use some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.
    >
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)


    When I buy "fat free" hot dogs, I only buy Hebrew National which are
    97% fat free. I find that if I broil them in the toaster oven, they do
    brown nicely, otherwise, they don't really do well on the gas grill. I
    have an intense dislike of steamed hot dogs.



    --

    ~~ If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

    ~~ A mind is a terrible thing to lose. ~~

    ************************************************** ********

    Wayne Boatwright


  7. #7
    BigBadBubba Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?


    "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:idgmdi$1ld$[email protected]..
    > Bryan wrote:
    >> On Dec 5, 1:23 am, Miche <michei...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>> In article <idfbar$c8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
    >>> "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    >>>> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    >>>> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >>
    >> "A bear of very little brain."
    >>>
    >>> Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.

    >>
    >> But Christopher M. does. He stuffs his mouth with Cool Whip then goes
    >> for fat free things that shouldn't be fat free. But what can you
    >> expect from "a bear of very little brain"??????

    >
    > I don't eat them every day, just like you don't get drunk every day.


    What makes you so sure that he doesn't get drunk every day?
    >
    >
    > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
    >




  8. #8
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?


    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] 190.71...
    > On Sat 04 Dec 2010 11:26:12p, Christopher M. told us...
    >
    >> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well
    >> because they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them?
    >> Maybe use some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.
    >>
    >>
    >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > When I buy "fat free" hot dogs, I only buy Hebrew National which are
    > 97% fat free. I find that if I broil them in the toaster oven, they do
    > brown nicely, otherwise, they don't really do well on the gas grill. I
    > have an intense dislike of steamed hot dogs.


    Have you tried steaming pork/beef dogs?

    I like pork/beef dogs, although I'd never put a pork/beef dog in a Chicago
    dog. It gets lost in the vegetables.

    One time I was at Notre Dame stadium in Indiana and I bought a Chicago dog.
    I gave the money to one girl and she walked away . Another girl walked up
    and handed me my dog. I walked away and she accused me of being a hot dog
    thief! And she didn't even know how to make a Chicago dog!


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  9. #9
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:43:21 -0500, Christopher M. wrote:

    > Have you tried steaming pork/beef dogs?


    Do you also steam your steaks?

    Oh, you don't eat steak. Neverind.

    > One time I was at Notre Dame stadium in Indiana and I bought a Chicago dog.
    > I gave the money to one girl and she walked away . Another girl walked up
    > and handed me my dog. I walked away and she accused me of being a hot dog
    > thief! And she didn't even know how to make a Chicago dog!


    That didn't make any sense at all.

    -sw

  10. #10
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    "Sqwertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1c38cwk0creh3$.[email protected]..
    > On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:43:21 -0500, Christopher M. wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried steaming pork/beef dogs?

    >
    > Do you also steam your steaks?
    >
    > Oh, you don't eat steak. Neverind.


    That's right. Pooh bears think steak is overrated.

    >> One time I was at Notre Dame stadium in Indiana and I bought a Chicago
    >> dog.
    >> I gave the money to one girl and she walked away . Another girl walked up
    >> and handed me my dog. I walked away and she accused me of being a hot dog
    >> thief! And she didn't even know how to make a Chicago dog!

    >
    > That didn't make any sense at all.


    Sure it does. Notre Dame stadium is only 2 hours from Chicago.


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  11. #11
    zxcvbob Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?


    Just the tips?

  12. #12
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 21:52:36 -0500, Christopher M. wrote:

    > "Sqwertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1c38cwk0creh3$.[email protected]..
    >> On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:43:21 -0500, Christopher M. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have you tried steaming pork/beef dogs?

    >>
    >> Do you also steam your steaks?
    >>
    >> Oh, you don't eat steak. Neverind.

    >
    > That's right. Pooh bears think steak is overrated.
    >
    >>> One time I was at Notre Dame stadium in Indiana and I bought a Chicago
    >>> dog.
    >>> I gave the money to one girl and she walked away . Another girl walked up
    >>> and handed me my dog. I walked away and she accused me of being a hot dog
    >>> thief! And she didn't even know how to make a Chicago dog!

    >>
    >> That didn't make any sense at all.

    >
    > Sure it does. Notre Dame stadium is only 2 hours from Chicago.


    Maybe his is why you get a lot of blank stares when you tell that
    same story elsewhere.

    -sw

  13. #13
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Dec 5, 12:26*am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    > I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    > have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    > spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.


    Yeah, put butter spray (whatever the **** *that* is) on yer dumb
    ****ing fat free hot dogs. What are you, some kind of ****ing
    retard?

  14. #14
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Dec 5, 7:43*pm, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    > "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwri...@xgmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected] 190.71...
    >
    > > On Sat 04 Dec 2010 11:26:12p, Christopher M. told us...

    >
    > >> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well
    > >> because they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them?
    > >> Maybe use some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

    >
    > > When I buy "fat free" hot dogs, I only buy Hebrew National which are
    > > 97% fat free. *I find that if I broil them in the toaster oven, they do
    > > brown nicely, otherwise, they don't really do well on the gas grill. *I
    > > have an intense dislike of steamed hot dogs.

    >
    > Have you tried steaming pork/beef dogs?


    Can't make WEENIE WATER GRAVY that way!

    John Kuthe...


  15. #15
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:28:55 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Dec 5, 12:26*am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    >wrote:
    >> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    >> have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    >> spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    >Yeah, put butter spray (whatever the **** *that* is) on yer dumb
    >****ing fat free hot dogs. What are you, some kind of ****ing
    >retard?


    That tard oughta slather tube steak with K-Y and sit on it!

  16. #16
    Christopher M. Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    projectile vomit chick wrote:
    > On Dec 5, 12:26 am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    >> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    >> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > Yeah, put butter spray (whatever the **** *that* is) on yer dumb
    > ****ing fat free hot dogs. What are you, some kind of ****ing
    > retard?


    I'm on a diet, asshole! **** you!


    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)



  17. #17
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:52:14 -0500, BigBadBubba wrote:

    > "Christopher M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:idgmdi$1ld$[email protected]..
    >> Bryan wrote:
    >>> On Dec 5, 1:23 am, Miche <michei...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>> In article <idfbar$c8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
    >>>> "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    >>>>> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    >>>>> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.
    >>>
    >>> "A bear of very little brain."
    >>>>
    >>>> Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.
    >>>
    >>> But Christopher M. does. He stuffs his mouth with Cool Whip then goes
    >>> for fat free things that shouldn't be fat free. But what can you
    >>> expect from "a bear of very little brain"??????

    >>
    >> I don't eat them every day, just like you don't get drunk every day.

    >
    > What makes you so sure that he doesn't get drunk every day?


    bobo's too puritanical for that.

    your pal,
    blake

  18. #18
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 08:29:40 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:28:55 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Dec 5, 12:26*am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because they
    >>> have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use some butter
    >>> spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >>
    >>Yeah, put butter spray (whatever the **** *that* is) on yer dumb
    >>****ing fat free hot dogs. What are you, some kind of ****ing
    >>retard?

    >
    > That tard oughta slather tube steak with K-Y and sit on it!


    rely on sheldon for fantasies of anal antics.

    blake

  19. #19
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Dec 6, 1:41*pm, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    > projectile vomit chick wrote:
    > > On Dec 5, 12:26 am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    > >> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    > >> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > > Yeah, put butter spray (whatever the **** *that* is) on yer dumb
    > > ****ing fat free hot dogs. *What are you, some kind of ****ing
    > > retard?

    >
    > I'm on a diet, asshole! **** you!


    Oooooh I hope you didn't hurt your head thinking up that scalding
    reply......hahahahahahahaha


  20. #20
    Bryan Guest

    Default Re: Fat-free hot dog tips?

    On Dec 6, 1:41*pm, blake murphy <blakepmNOTT...@verizon.net> wrote:
    > On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:52:14 -0500, BigBadBubba wrote:
    > > "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >news:idgmdi$1ld$[email protected]..
    > >> Bryan wrote:
    > >>> On Dec 5, 1:23 am, Miche <michei...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >>>> In article <idfbar$c8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
    > >>>> "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >
    > >>>>> I usually steam my fat-free hot dogs. They don't brown well because
    > >>>>> they have no fat. Any tips on a better way to cook them? Maybe use
    > >>>>> some butter spray on them? I'm just a Pooh bear.

    >
    > >>> "A bear of very little brain."

    >
    > >>>> Don't eat fat-free hot dogs? I shudder to think of what's in them.

    >
    > >>> But Christopher M. does. *He stuffs his mouth with Cool Whip then goes
    > >>> for fat free things that shouldn't be fat free. *But what can you
    > >>> expect from "a bear of very little brain"??????

    >
    > >> I don't eat them every day, just like you don't get drunk every day.

    >
    > > What makes you so sure that he doesn't get drunk every day?

    >
    > bobo's too puritanical for that.


    I used to drink a lot of beer when I was younger. I'm too old to
    drink a lot of beer now. It'd make me feel crappy.
    I'm anything but Puritanical.
    >
    > your pal,
    > blake


    --Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32